The Damp Squib Thread

Guest jambomickey

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mad Dog Frazer

Soooooooooo excited!

taking the day off work and i'm not going to sleep until the transfer dealine SLAAAAAAAAMS shut

fags check

beer check

remote control check

pot to pee in check

19 hours and 13 mins to go

I always seem to be away with work at this time of the year.

I still remember getting to my hotel after a rather brutal long haul flight, getting on interweb then having this sickening feeling of disappointment to learn that we had loaned out Bednar and signed Christian f'ing Nade instead. Must have been three years ago, I think?? I think that was the moment the Romanov dream died for me.

Gregory House M.D.

Can't see this being particularly exciting for us really... Toto will be the only change until january i think.

Charlie-Brown

OAG and others won't like it but when players graduate from U19 level most but the very best still need another couple of seasons development to get the experience and physique to be first team ready and players at 19 can be above average in their age group but still below 1st team requirements and many like stewart, d.thomson, robinson,g.smith probably fall into this bracket so unless you write them off at 19 then you have to carry them forward and speculate that successes will outweigh the cost of those that don't make it. In that respect we should always have a certain percentage more players than we will need as for a variety of reasons a number of kids won't make the grade but are worth more time at age 19. Also it is lower earning players ie youngsters plus the likes of stevenson, kello, mrowiec, suso even kyle, barr and bryson? who would be increasing their wages by moving to HMFC that Hearts can actually afford not higher earning players even though we'd prefer hartley or aguiar etc.

Jambomullins

I will be in the minority here, but would be hoping Black would stay - would rather we got rid of Ruben and never even signed Mrowiec in the first place.

Agreed, Never rated Ruben

Morgaro Gomis

Black's not good enough for a team wanting to challenge for Europe, top end of the bottom 6, at best, imo.

Ruben's not good enough for a team wanting to challenge for Europe, Bottom end of the bottom 6, at best, imo.

I think whilst not being good enough, Black is always harshly treated, and is a better player than Ruben Palazuelos, who does decent things breaking up the play. Sadly he breaks up the play when we are attacking too, is far too slow on the ball, and can't pick a pass either.

On topic: I sincerely hope we manage to secure the signing of Bryson, as that will certainly bolster our central midfield, as well as finally adding a creative midfielder, that we have severely been lacking since Hartley, and to a certain extent Bruno Aguiar, left the club.

All about opinions though. This is mine, and I have no doubt many will shoot me down in flames for the above post :teehee:

Jambof3tornado

We have already witnessed one of the best transfer windows in recent history,so I wont be greedy. Toto will do me.

OAG and others won't like it but when players graduate from U19 level most but the very best still need another couple of seasons development to get the experience and physique to be first team ready and players at 19 can be above average in their age group but still below 1st team requirements and many like stewart, d.thomson, robinson,g.smith probably fall into this bracket so unless you write them off at 19 then you have to carry them forward and speculate that successes will outweigh the cost of those that don't make it. In that respect we should always have a certain percentage more players than we will need as for a variety of reasons a number of kids won't make the grade but are worth more time at age 19. Also it is lower earning players ie youngsters plus the likes of stevenson, kello, mrowiec, suso even kyle, barr and bryson? who would be increasing their wages by moving to HMFC that Hearts can actually afford not higher earning players even though we'd prefer hartley or aguiar etc.

Given the overall standard of the SPL and Scottish football in general players too old for U19 football should be ready in most instances for being in or close to our first team if they are being kept. If they aren't they should be released. Very few will suddenly become better at 20 or 21. Its up to the management to know who to keep and who to release but it needs to be far more clear cut than it has been in recent times.

Charlie-Brown

Given the overall standard of the SPL and Scottish football in general players too old for U19 football should be ready in most instances for being in or close to our first team if they are being kept. If they aren't they should be released. Very few will suddenly become better at 20 or 21. Its up to the management to know who to keep and who to release but it needs to be far more clear cut than it has been in recent times.

Templeton at 19 was still a wee laddie a bit like novikovas is now similarly danny thomson and johnny stewart have the ability but not the strength or physique to be dominant in centre midfield in the spl and need more time and experience to get to where the likes of jonsson and bryson are now as well as fill out physically, not every player is physically or mentally mature enough at 19 but that doesn't mean they won't be worth keeping at better players at 21 than others who were previously further ahead than them, temps/glen now v 2 years ago is a perfect example.

jamboinglasgow

I always seem to be away with work at this time of the year.

I still remember getting to my hotel after a rather brutal long haul flight, getting on interweb then having this sickening feeling of disappointment to learn that we had loaned out Bednar and signed Christian f'ing Nade instead. Must have been three years ago, I think?? I think that was the moment the Romanov dream died for me.

I remember that day, following the bbc live text, when suddenly it says "and Hearts get some Christian Aid, after signing Christian Nade." Thinking he sounds good, good youtube video of his goal. How wrong I was. If only when they were about to sign the deal, Hearts suddenly had second thoughts and didn't sign him. Loved how Banderson got it spectacularly wrong, the back page of the EEN proudly boasting Hearts were about to sign a Nigerian playing in Belgium.

Tomorrow at work will mostly be spent with the BBC live text running, checking newsnow as well every 15mins. Lets hope the IT staff dont get on me.

Soooooooooo excited!

Why ?...........we've been through this so many times before.

Great expectations, even when essential signings of strikers are required during the last two windows for example, and we end up signing hee haw. ( And I don't mean big Peas and Gravy when I say that !)

There is one move out I think hoping to be completed tomorrow -- one of the younger players -- Mulrooney ?

Now as for movesd in -- well if Zal is going !! -- then a centre back is required unless you trust Kurcharski or move Morweic back to defence.

Now a dream dedline day would be Toto signed, Bryson or another attacking midfielder signed with the above and on paper Xmas would have come early for us -- first time in 4 years I could really say that and mean it.

Gregory House M.D.

a certain poster will be strung up by the "we were promised Craig Bryson" brigade if he doesn't sign.

Charlie Brown that is the single biggest sentence I've ever read on kickback.
Charlie Brown is recently deceased, he suffocated whilst trying read out his last post...

Charlie-Brown

nah there is guys in the marmion with much longer sentences .... ;)

Gregory House M.D.

Half a year on and Kickback has finally recognised Bryson's not coming... What a waste of 800 threads.

Morgaro Gomis

Did you even bother to read the thread? If Mickey's source is correct, it looks like he may be coming, and quite a few people believe that he still will come, so I dont know where you get the 'Kickback has finally recognised Bryson's not coming' from.

Also, why do you seem so delighted by this?

Half a year on and Kickback has finally recognised Bryson's not coming... What a waste of 800 threads.

You should probably read threads before posting on them dude.

Did you even bother to read the thread? If Mickey's source is correct, it looks like he may be coming, and quite a few people believe that he still will come, so I dont know where you get the 'Kickback has finally recognised Bryson's not coming' from.

Also, why do you seem so delighted by this?

he's a bit of a troll, and we're best to not feed them whistling.gif

Morgaro Gomis

he's a bit of a troll, and we're best to not feed them whistling.gif

Ah. Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

I'd already been given the impression however, due to a number of seriously dismal posts of his, that I have read, not just tonight. :whistling:

Johanes de Silentio

:lol:

Sometimes it's the dead pan ones that make you laugh most! :thumbsup:

Johanes de Silentio

You do know your sticking your errrr credibilty on the line if this deal go's tits up ...

Jambomickey has no credibilty at the moment, but he may well have earned a little by the morra nicht, even if he has said a little too much regarding his source.

Old Gil could use a win here! :thumbsup:

SkySports- Hibernian are on the brink of signing Ghanaian centre-back Francis Dickoh from FC Utrecht.

What an apt surname :thumbsup:

i'm really in two minds about the whole situation to be honest.

part of me is a bit meh with all the speculation and the fact i'd not really heard much of him prior to our own admissions of interest other than when we'd played killie.

however, part of me also knows we need this kind of player so hope we do finally land him.

i'd hope that JJ has more than just this one iron in the fire though in case it all goes mamarries skywards. also, offloading a player or 2 at the same time would be no bad thing

Gregory House M.D.

"his agent(kevin drinkell) asked killie what would be an acceptable fee to killie to sell, drinkell then came back to hearts with that information, fedatovis then agreed with drinkell that woul we meet that fee, drinkell went back to michael johnson informing him he had a club willing to pay the said fee that was agreeable to johnson but when he was told the club was hearts he said no! apparently johnson is refusing to sell to jefferies."

Looked pretty conclusive to me...

"his agent(kevin drinkell) asked killie what would be an acceptable fee to killie to sell, drinkell then came back to hearts with that information, fedatovis then agreed with drinkell that woul we meet that fee, drinkell went back to michael johnson informing him he had a club willing to pay the said fee that was agreeable to johnson but when he was told the club was hearts he said no! apparently johnson is refusing to sell to jefferies."

IT MAKES YOU LOOK SILLY WHEN YOU POST WITHOUT READING THE WHOLE THREAD FIRST. :thumbsup:

Johanes de Silentio

Having fun, mate? Bursting bubbles an' that? :whistling:

Morgaro Gomis

i do now expect bryson to be a hearts player tommorow.

a certain member of the hearts coaching staff is now confident a deal will be done before the deadline, a deal that is acceptable to killie is now in place.

Shows what you missed by neglecting to read the thread.. read it next time, mmkay?

Gregory House M.D.

Shows what you missed by neglecting to read the thread.. read it next time, mmkay?

Well i do apologise as i appear to have made a royal chorus & verse of myself by not reading the whole thread.

I still, however, don't think he'll be here this season.

You really are one of the worst posters on here.

Gregory House M.D.

Cheers. I hope your willing to apologise when Bryson is still at Killie tomorrow morning. :thumbsup:

Morgaro Gomis

Well i do apologise as i appear to have made a royal chorus & verse of myself by not reading the whole thread.

I still, however, don't think he'll be here this season.

I accept your apology. :thumbsup:

Fair enough, I, however, disagree.

Cheers. I hope your willing to apologise when Bryson is still at Killie tomorrow morning. :thumbsup:

I have absolutely no idea if Bryson will sign or not. I suspect that you are in the same position as me. I don't have a problem with you thinking he won't sign. What is annoying is that you come on to this kind of thread and state as a fact that you've known all along that there was no chance of him signing.

I was probably being harsh with the "worst poster" comment but we all want there to be a couple of signings and it is a bit irritating when people talk as if they'd rather we signed nobody just so they can be proven right.

Gregory House M.D.

I accept your apology. :thumbsup:

Fair enough, I, however, disagree.

We'll agree to disagree on this one.

P.S Before anyone asks i am more than willing to start a thread to apologise if he does come and will take all due pelters.

nah there is guys in the marmion with much longer sentences .... ;)

very witty response mate! :lol: ...................more importantly tho, who the **** are you? :blink::lol:

We'll agree to disagree on this one.

P.S Before anyone asks i am more than willing to start a thread to apologise if he does come and will take all due pelters.

Nice gesture but it would probably be better if you used the "Bryson Signs!! (Merged Threads)" thread that may already be there. :thumbsup:

Gregory House M.D.

I have absolutely no idea if Bryson will sign or not. I suspect that you are in the same position as me. I don't have a problem with you thinking he won't sign. What is annoying is that you come on to this kind of thread and state as a fact that you've known all along that there was no chance of him signing.

Sorry about the smugness it's just that i've read countless amounts of "Bryson is coming", "Bryson said on Facebook he needs a change", "Bryson wasn't playing for Killie today", "JJ on Bryson", "BB on Bryson", "KK on Bryson", "GL on Bryson" and "Bryson isn't coming" threads and it gets quite annoying.

Gregory House M.D.

Nice gesture but it would probably be better if you used the "Bryson Signs!! (Merged Threads)" thread that may already be there. :thumbsup:

Trusting my luck i may as well start the first draft now...

Sorry about the smugness it's just that i've read countless amounts of "Bryson is coming", "Bryson said on Facebook he needs a change", "Bryson wasn't playing for Killie today", "JJ on Bryson", "BB on Bryson", "KK on Bryson", "GL on Bryson" and "Bryson isn't coming" threads and it gets quite annoying.

I edited my post a few seconds ago. Sorry about the worst poster thing and I know where you are coming from. Ultimately though we all want someone to sign and if Bryson does sign then it won't matter at all about all these threads that have been on here. I too find it irritating (just like with the Hartley ones where we were told he was siging dozens of times). I kind of miss the past when there wasn't Kickback for all these rumours. I wouldn't mind staying offline for the whole of August and finding out who has signed when they actually officially do!

Gregory House M.D.

I edited my post a few seconds ago. Sorry about the worst poster thing and I know where you are coming from. Ultimately though we all want someone to sign and if Bryson does sign then it won't matter at all about all these threads that have been on here. I too find it irritating (just like with the Hartley ones where we were told he was siging dozens of times). I kind of miss the past when there wasn't Kickback for all these rumours. I wouldn't mind staying offline for the whole of August and finding out who has signed when they actually officially do!

Cheers. I would've preferred Dorman but if Bryson signs i suppose it would be a decent signing. (depending on the price!)

Whether Bryson signs or not, your post will still be factually correct.

Archived