World Cup Mafia

Geoff Kilpatrick

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jambosean75

boof, i can understand why the mods are upset with you.(not that i ever do anything to upset them :whistling: )

stating that you have a role( ie i am a goon ) when your not, knowing that you won't get mod killed for this, is a spoiler tactic and is not in the spirit of the game i feel.

it was done in one game i played in and it basically wasted the game.

i'm also against players all but outting themselves because they don't like being a goon or if the rules state that the assassin can win it by being the last roled player, ignoring it and trying to win it for the town. if the rules state they can't win then fine but otherwise you should be in it to win it.

the thing with the emails is a bit naff as well. why don't we go the whole hog and just copy & paste the pm. it takes the fun out off the game.

i agree with you regards low posting. too many games have died a death because all the high posters have been lynched early for being active as they catch peoples eyes. you sometimes forget that some players are still in the game because they interact so little.

i don't see the point in coming on once a day and making one vote and leaving it at that. a major part of the game is trying to spot vote patterns and possible team work between players.

this is just my perspective though.

i was thinking more:

Ren?Magritte_cecinestpasunepipe.jpg

Am a non smoker tho, (champix rule baby)

Chris Benoit

boof, i can understand why the mods are upset with you.(not that i ever do anything to upset them :whistling: )

stating that you have a role( ie i am a goon ) when your not, knowing that you won't get mod killed for this, is a spoiler tactic and is not in the spirit of the game i feel.

i'm also against players all but outting themselves because they don't like being a goon or if the rules state that the assassin can win it by being the last roled player, ignoring it and trying to win it for the town. if the rules state they can't win then fine but otherwise you should be in it to win it.

the thing with the emails is a bit naff as well. why don't we go the whole hog and just copy & paste the pm. it takes the fun out off the game.

i agree with you regards low posting. too many games have died a death because all the high posters have been lynched early for being active as they catch peoples eyes. you sometimes forget that some players are still in the game because they interact so little.

i don't see the point in coming on once a day and making one vote and leaving it at that. a major part of the game is trying to spot vote patterns and possible team work between players.

my sentiments exactly

and woooooooo ya bass ;)

jambosean75

my sentiments exactly

and woooooooo ya bass ;)

serves you right for trying to drag a fellow townie into the brown stuff :thumbsup:

Chris Benoit

serves you right for trying to drag a fellow townie into the brown stuff :thumbsup:

all will be explained later but for now......

wooooooooooo

I aint got a clue who is & who ain't, so will be voting about 8pm some 1 might slip up (I hope).

boof, i can understand why the mods are upset with you.(not that i ever do anything to upset them whistling.gif )

Mods have no need to be scunnered with - or commenting on - valid gameplay. Folk will (one would hope) be able to think for themselves and decide whether or not my idea is with merit, or, in the case of the folk who would be hampered by it, deride it. Or, like most folk have done...ignore it completely :laugh:

As a mere townie couch potato, I've got no hints as to anybody else's role and therefore nothing to base any feelings of dodginess upon so am trying what I can to make folk aware of my goodness so that they can target their voting elsewhere. Not successfully, it would appear :laugh:

I remember the 'I am a goon' game. Funnily enough that was my suggestionwhistling.gif but I seem to recall it was the fact that folk (even townies) had names attributed to themselves that scuppered the goons in that one i.e folk were dropping heavy hints that they were Joe Bloggs - townie. That was Twin Peaks Mafia - Yvonne was the mod in the 'I am a goon' game so if I've got them mixed up it's not intentional. In all honesty I didn't expect anyone to do it - just thought it was a bit of levity in what was, for me, a dull game. Anyone who was a goon would just need to confirm with the mod beforehand that they wouldn't be modkilled and life's sweet. I actually don't think folk should be modkilled for stating that they have a role - I see that as a valid part of game play.

I'm also of the opinion that, if the rules permit, the assassin should be out to win it for themself. Likewise in this game, whoever is able to win it for themself should be trying their socks off to do so.

As for the emails (PMs I presume you mean) - as I've said, I didn't really expect anybody to take me up on it but wanted to see what reactions to it may be. If it's helped point folk towards believing me to be a townie...so much the better. For me. It just means that anybody voting for me is likelier to be a goon.

Personally I don't see the point in signing up only to post a couple of times a day. Fair enough if you're busy certain days you might not be able to post a lot but you should be able to do so some of the time.

Anyway you wanted me to C&P my PM from Geoff, so...stand by...

Not really got anything to go by but here is my stab in the dark goon list

Jack Regan

Malky

Jambosean75

Swavkav

as i said not really got a clue, hopefully we can nail a goon by deadline and the good guys manage to get a bit of useful info that might be able to steer us in the right direction on day 3

SOrry I've not been active, been relaticely busy with slightly more important things.

Looking from here, it's hard to say what's going on.

Vote : Boof

For being quite annoying with his philosophies.

yvonnejambo

Totally agree with that bit. Why sign up if you are just going to put a vote in and not take part in the chat? I see why it is happening though as they are the players who now last longest but it is very frustrating for everyone who is actually keen to get involved in the game as you know you are far more likely to get lynched or killed in the night.

Anyway I will continue to put my thoughts out there and play the game properly until my untimely death.

(have been quieter than normal due to son being in hospital and work over load, now from tonight Im focused on JKB :))

Commander Harris

?life is funny, but not ha ha funny, peculiar I guess...:unsure:

Goon list for now

Hound

Jack Regan

Seats

Harris

Vote Jack Regan

Voted for me and anyone voting for me wants to silence my anti English youtube clips and has to be considered a goon suspect

Commander Harris

pah, still don't have a clue. ?going to do what I did yesterday and ...

vote lasith

but in size 5, cos it's fun.

Harry Palmer

Evening all.

unvote Martin

I'll be back after Pizza. :)

I was going to post something profound in response to an earlier post but by the time I read to here I forgot what I was going to say. unsure.gif

I'll go sit on the pan see if it comes back to me......

I was going to post something profound in response to an earlier post but by the time I read to here I forgot what I was going to say. unsure.gif

I knew your posts where always full of **** lol ;)

Is that where you've been thinking up your prediction scores? :rolleyes:

I just want to answer some of the "why bother signing up and not posting" winges...

Basically, it's quite hard for us newbies to get into. Alot of you regulars enjoy a bit of criach and banter, so it's quite hard for us newbies to get to know you all and jump in, it's like walking into a party and not knowing anybody. Give us time to get into it.

Anyways, all us couch potatoes should be tuning into the news at 6 to point and laugh at poor Rio... GIRFUY!

boof, i hear ya and echo your sentiments mate. i just get a bit sidetracked by life personally and don't make as much of an effort i guess when i have no role, so don't perhaps post as much as i ought.

that said though, its been a valid piece of gameplay for some posters in the past so i am kinda in 2 camps really

i've been kinda busy and distracted this week to be fair though with work being busy, short lunches and a funeral for a mate who was my age which sorta freaked me a bit so not really been myself

oh and i would have used BS, had i been the cop, which i'm not. no role for me this game

vonny, sorry to hear about daz, hope he's ok mate. say hi for me

which leads me to ask...

vonny, any reason you haven't voted me this game given your first vote or 2 almost without fail, go my way as mine do to you?

i notice i'm on a couple of goon lists which is hardly surprising i suppose... i'm a bit of an easy target though.

I just want to answer some of the "why bother signing up and not posting" winges...

Basically, it's quite hard for us newbies to get into. Alot of you regulars enjoy a bit of criach and banter, so it's quite hard for us newbies to get to know you all and jump in, it's like walking into a party and not knowing anybody. Give us time to get into it.

Anyways, all us couch potatoes should be tuning into the news at 6 to point and laugh at poor Rio... GIRFUY!

Ffs Blair man up! You know me in person so what are you on about? :rolleyes:

Would you like us to do a mafia icebreaker on your behalf? :P

2 hours till dealine.. Story So Far

VOTE COUNT Total

portobellojambo1 2

milky_26 2

jambosean75 2

Boof 2

Yvonnejambo 1

Hound 1

lasith 1

Jack Regan 1

Ffs Blair man up! You know me in person so what are you on about? :rolleyes:

Would you like us to do a mafia icebreaker on your behalf? :P

Hi my names Steve and I'm a Mafia addict ;p

thehibsareintheirbeds

Apologies for lack of contribution today, will get more involved from tomorrow. Back soon with a vote

Ffs Blair man up! You know me in person so what are you on about? rolleyes.gif

Would you like us to do a mafia icebreaker on your behalf? tongue.gif

Sometimes I wish I would just keep my gob shut...

I'm off to hide in a cupboard till 9:01pm. Oh, and don't worry, it's padded. Just in case. tongue.gif

Anyway, make yourself useful and let us know who's still to vote.

Harry Palmer

Time to vote I think and I'll just return to my earlier vote as it's easy to do so.

vote Martin

No reason behind it and of course might change before deadline.

unvoting my provisional vote.

unvote PJ1

vote milky

still not sure who's bad as i'm a tattie.

Rudi Skacel

hey guys, sorry not contributed much so far. got in late last night and iv not long finished work. will be more active this weekend though. will have a read through the thread and make up my goon list.

I'm going to go back to my vote from yesterday, although will change if it looks like he's getting mod killed for not posting

Unvote Jack Regan

Vote Hound

Commander Harris

?anyone care to post teh latest scores? much obliged. ?

Think it's

Milky 3

Sean,boof 2

porto,yvonne,hound, martin 1

edited as forgot the vote change from jack to hound and the martin one lol

any chance of a list of votes please , as i have no clue who to vote, I am going to do , eni meenie minie mo thumbsup.gif

oops just seen the post above ninja.gif

Think it's

Milky 3

Sean,boof 2

porto,yvonne,hound, martin 1

edited as forgot the vote change from jack to hound and the martin one lol

Lasith also has 1 vote on him

think i better start wear my glasses B)

Commander Harris

Lasith also has 1 vote on him

think i better start wear my glasses B)

and a big one at that! how'd you miss it! :D

Commander Harris

I'm going to

unvote lasith and vote Yvonne

i find it's good to have a few names there or there abouts at this stage

yvonnejambo

I wasnt having a go at you, there are plenty of regulars how do it too.

boof, i hear ya and echo your sentiments mate. i just get a bit sidetracked by life personally and don't make as much of an effort i guess when i have no role, so don't perhaps post as much as i ought.

that said though, its been a valid piece of gameplay for some posters in the past so i am kinda in 2 camps really

i've been kinda busy and distracted this week to be fair though with work being busy, short lunches and a funeral for a mate who was my age which sorta freaked me a bit so not really been myself

oh and i would have used BS, had i been the cop, which i'm not. no role for me this game

vonny, sorry to hear about daz, hope he's ok mate. say hi for me

which leads me to ask...

vonny, any reason you haven't voted me this game given your first vote or 2 almost without fail, go my way as mine do to you?

i notice i'm on a couple of goon lists which is hardly surprising i suppose... i'm a bit of an easy target though.

Darren out of hospital tonight you can tell by the trail of trainers, laptop, irn bru can on the floor hes home.. :rolleyes:

I aint voted you cos I think your a couch potato, how offence does that sound??!

Anyway could ask you same question where is my vote?

yvonnejambo

I'm going to

unvote lasith and vote Yvonne

i find it's good to have a few names there or there abouts at this stage

thanks

and a big one at that! how'd you miss it! :D

haven't you heard apparently size doesn't matter :whistling:

Archived