World Cup Mafia

Geoff Kilpatrick

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harry Palmer

Evening, just home and opened a nice refreshing beer. :thumbsup:

As always I would use BS but I can't so I won't.

Superb clip Martin. :lol:

Rudi Skacel

Evening all. We have to win this game. We cant have the Hobo's winning then the English winning the very next game.

Evening all. We have to win this game. We cant have the Hobo's winning then the English winning the very next game.

We drew with the hobos!! What we need in this game if it is looking like a draw is a penalty shoot out with the germans....... teehee.gif

Of course in classic world cup final drama there will indeed be a penalty shoot out should there be a draw at the end. Other ties during the competition are still under discussion, so be warned all you tempted to draw scores level as it could well end up in the person you dropped in it getting 'extra time' :whistling:

because I added the wee smilely to my post,

but why (all) the question(s) you a copper?

Just because I wondered if you'd put in the 'couch potato' bit after seeing Frenchie's comment - since your edit came approximately 5 minutes after your post.

Since I can't decide whether you're telling the truth or not, I'm afraid you've not reached the epic heights of my trust list yet.

So...any more for BS and anyone for a pint?

Harry Palmer

Usual day 1 randomness....

vote Dandyman

Boof, I'll have a pint! :thumbsup:

I had a brilliant fool-proof plan for outing the goons...but Frenchie ruined it.

Then I opened the bar.

You're getting a Tia Maria and mixy-up orange squash. half-pint only, I'm afraid.

yvonnejambo

I had a brilliant fool-proof plan for outing the goons...but Frenchie ruined it.

Then I opened the bar.

You're getting a Tia Maria and mixy-up orange squash. half-pint only, I'm afraid.

I think all that happened is frenchie outed you as a non couch potato, so therefore straight onto my goon list :)

I did get PM informing me of my vegtable seating arrangements.

Oh and i would use BS if I could

given the amount of time i end up dozing on my crappy wee sofa its kinda fitting that all i am is a tattie!

ooh baked tatties... not had tea yet and that sounds kinda nice. loads butter and pepper and cheese yum!

Then I opened the bar.

What's the co-mod getting from the bar then Boof? I don't do pints of bitter ;)

Harry Palmer

Tatties aren't vegetables. Just thought I'd point that out. :)

I think all that happened is frenchie outed you as a non couch potato, so therefore straight onto my goon list smile.gif

I did get PM informing me of my vegtable seating arrangements.

Oh and i would use BS if I could

Ah, you know my play better than that.

I want folk to get involved so hoped someone would ask what I was on about rather than just pipe up with the genuine PM.

Hmmm...let's try this one instead...and FFS dinna ruin it this time Frenchie!!

How many words were in your PM from Geoff?

Or...what time was it sent?

That's a coupla questions for everybody.

And, I can't remember if I answered swavkav's question, but no, I'm not the copper. In fact I'm not any element from the periodic table. Simply a carbon-based tuber, reposing with a selection of drinks and snacks ready to gorge myself on the quadrennial delights of football's finest spectacle.

What's the co-mod getting from the bar then Boof? I don't do pints of bitter wink.gif

Pint of Guinness and Appletiser...with an umbrella.

Chris Benoit

Sorry for pishing on yer parade boof but surely whoever replied first would've gave the game away as it is after the last game I'm glad it was me, save myself from an unnecessary lynch

Naw, don't worry frenchie - I'm just trying to stimulate discussion.

Even just by seeing who was reluctant to reply might've given the tiniest hint as to roledness. And as I said, I'd've hoped the good roled folk would've sussed what I was up to and, if nothing else, got the goons sweating just a teensy bit.

My role for this game is just to make their game uncomfortable. That's all I can do. And serve booze. Merlot and tonic for you.

Ah, you know my play better than that.

I want folk to get involved so hoped someone would ask what I was on about rather than just pipe up with the genuine PM.

Hmmm...let's try this one instead...and FFS dinna ruin it this time Frenchie!!

How many words were in your PM from Geoff?

Or...what time was it sent?

That's a coupla questions for everybody.

And, I can't remember if I answered swavkav's question, but no, I'm not the copper. In fact I'm not any element from the periodic table. Simply a carbon-based tuber, reposing with a selection of drinks and snacks ready to gorge myself on the quadrennial delights of football's finest spectacle.

thanks for the reply.blink.gif

Pint of Guinness and Appletiser...with an umbrella.

erk I was guessing a midori and irn bru cocktail for some reason. Even that sounds better than the above :blink:

Harry Palmer

Nothing happening.

I hate day 1...

Any tasks for the Goons? (Seeing as Boof hasn't asked yet...) :)

portobellojambo1

As is always the case in the 1st round, it is all about pure guesswork. And I'll just do as I always try to do in round 1, and go with the person at the top of the list of players, therefore vote Frenchie

Any tasks for the Goons? (Seeing as Boof hasn't asked yet...) smile.gif

And if I was moderating...I wouldn't tell you :D

Haven't spotted anything yet but then they could be so variable I wouldn't expect to.

alrighty folk :) games looking good, not read through the posts yet not had the time joys of having a 9 week old baby and a 8 year old to keep amused. just in case i get caught up in anything i will place a first day random vote on Boof sorry mate

Vote: Boof

Geoff Kilpatrick

Morning all

Early vote count

milky_26 2

Boof 1

Dandyman 1

Frenchie 1

flux 1

jambosean75 1

Scotland 1

To vote: Yvonne, flux, Bev, Hound, Scotland, Jambosfan, Boof, Malky, milky, Martin, blairdin, Harris

Harry Palmer

unvote Dandyman

Seeing as he's arrived but I might return at another point.

vote Malky

Someone has to.... :teehee:

Morning all

Early vote count

milky_26 2

Boof 1

Dandyman 1

Frenchie 1

flux 1

jambosean75 1

Scotland 1

To vote: Yvonne, flux, Bev, Hound, Scotland, Jambosfan, Boof, Malky, milky, Martin, blairdin, Harris

Post 47 Geoff, or have I made a newbie error?

jambosean75

Morning all

Early vote count

milky_26 2

Boof 1

Dandyman 1

Frenchie 1

flux 1

jambosean75 1

Scotland 1

i don't think i've an active vote on anybody?

jambosean75

i think i'm going to conclude my lazy day where i pissed about at work and did as little as possible by not cooking anything.

a quick trip out for a munch box sounds nice.

mmmm

vote cigaro

since he voted for me for not placing an active vote.... :-#

It wasn't for lack of active vote, it was because you're smileys are atrocious.

Looks good to me blairdin, though I'd suggest (to everyone) that it makes the mods' job a tiny bit easier if votes and unvotes are on a fresh line even if it mislooks the text you're entering.

e.g.

Vote blairdin

Unvote blairdin

Geoff Kilpatrick

Sorry, Blair. Missed that! :stuart:

Frenchie on 2 then

Geoff Kilpatrick

Morning all

Early vote count

Frenchie 2

milky_26 2

Boof 1

Dandyman 1

Frenchie 1

flux 1

jambosean75 1

Scotland 1

To vote: Yvonne, flux, jambosean75, Bev, Hound, Scotland, Jambosfan, Boof, Malky, milky, Martin, blairdin, Harris

Revised

am not 1 to be too picky but couldn't the cop have been an edinburgh cop , Rebus for example instead of a weegie (prob a hun anaw) copper.

jambosean75

2 different frenchies in your vote count.

seems a goon move if ever i've seen one :whistling:

It wasn't for lack of active vote, it was because you're smileys are atrocious.

Like, whatever!

Commander Harris

yo yo yo. ?sorry I haven't been on this evening, was out playing cricket. ?Managed to win convincingly despite my golden duck ? :teehee:

I'll not be voting yet, will have more of a look around and see what's happening.?

when's the first deadline?

Archived