World Cup Mafia

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Sorry, Bev. Time of post is 0601 - not counted! Kitster and I are agreed on that one.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aye by about 40 seconds and through no fault of my own

i was trying to vote on my phone earlier but cos i've not got the paid version of tapatalk yet, i can't seem to post!

aye but will i be penalised for not voting as well as not having my vote counted??

its not like i didn't check in and forget or fall asleep

Chris Benoit

aye by about 40 seconds and through no fault of my own

i was trying to vote on my phone earlier but cos i've not got the paid version of tapatalk yet, i can't seem to post!

don't waste your money, got it on my touch and it's gash, i'm back using safari on it

don't waste your money, got it on my touch and it's gash, i'm back using safari on it

I prefer it to the Safari version tbh. A lot easier. Only problem is pictures etc, but its much quicker etc.

i was on the way home trying to vote cos i thought it was later than it was. got in, saw i had 1 mins to run through the thread but it all froze :(

I prefer it to the Safari version tbh. A lot easier. Only problem is pictures etc, but its much quicker etc.

i've not tried really using safari, but i found tapatalk really pretty quick to browse. just hadn't tried posting til tonight when it told me i had to pay :S

Geoff Kilpatrick

Vote count

Frenchie 3

jambosean75 3

Cigaro 2

Hound 2

Beverley 2

milky_26 1

flux 1

Scotland 1

Boof 1

Malky McFrench 1

lasith 1

swavkav 1

Martin 1

Penalty shoot-out between Frenchie and jambosean75

Beverley and Hound lose Day 2 voting rights for non-votes

Story to follow.....

Chris Benoit

it's a nightmare when you've got a role, can't get the conversations on your messenger just a load of individual pm's.

bit crap if folk are quoting posts it doesn't always seperate the 2, just don't like it

it's a nightmare when you've got a role, can't get the conversations on your messenger just a load of individual pm's.

bit crap if folk are quoting posts it doesn't always seperate the 2, just don't like it

Suppose that could be an issue. I've never had to read a PM on my phone so couldnt tell you about that. I have noticed the quoting thing though but meh, I still think the speed etc make up for it. Getting a post in/thread loaded before the train goes through a tunnel and loses signal near Wigan. :lol:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff we doing a proper penalty shoot out?

Well, not quite. All will be revealed...

Geoff Kilpatrick

So, Night 1 had been reached and World Cup Fever had started to hit Shedville. However, rumours had circulated that not so welcome English types were in the town, hiding amongst their midst.

The townsfolk pointed fingers of blame at each other, eventually whittling it down to two, Frenchie and jambosean75. What to do? Sean piped up,"I have to go and play fives". "Right", said the townsfolk. "Penalty shoot-out".

So, there was....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_Llkaq8HV8

But just who was Roberto Baggio???

Apparently Baggio isn't Italian, but French....

Frenchie - couch potato - townie - lynched

PM's by 10pm BST folks!

Harry Palmer

Well, that was a massive surprise... :rolleyes:

(Can't be arsed waiting for the sarcasm smilie).

I have just had a look at Geoff's profile to see who been visiting as it gets logged with the hope the english would have been on to pm him, but with no joy. but fingers crossed 1 will slip up thumbsup.gif

Geoff Kilpatrick

I have just had a look at Geoff's profile to see who been visiting as it gets logged with the hope the english would have been on to pm him, but with no joy. but fingers crossed 1 will slip up thumbsup.gif

Swavkav, at night time no speculation is allowed.

Just a wee word in your ear referee style!

Swavkav, at night time no speculation is allowed.

Just a wee word in your ear referee style!

oops sorry, still trying to get my head around this game, ermm.gif

Well ...the couch potatoes were rather unhappy losing their favourite pizza delivery fella Frenchie to that big Pizza Hut in the sky.

As darkness fell..their super duper 50 inch plasma HD screens with surround sound theatrics were beginning to play up with that blue screen..cannot connect to your satellite dish error 29 just wouldn?t go away. They feared at best a complete black out and at worst yet more English commentary.

Jim Taggart wasn?t a man to mess around he was sure he had nailed a bad guy. He passed him in the corridor of powers of broadcasting house and was about to confront him..then his suspect shook his hand in a meaningful way. Jim understood now he was an ally and never a foe.

Dr Finlay as always had the best of intentions to save someone close from harm but when it?s not your night it isn?t. He was out on an emergency call saving John Terry whose missus had lamped him again.

Strap-on decided day 1 was not worthy of any acerbic wit and his gimp failed to suss him out.

The cameraman was told a random piece of info about a couch potato.

Zzzzzzzzzz...crackle crackle.......zzzzzzzzz.....why do floodlights fail when you need them most?

The English Media are a fickle sort and it seems we are dealing with pure evil in this game. This was obvious but shame on all of you for doing it.

Scotland .. a couch potato more fond of haggis than roast beef was lured to a false Burns supper by them and was locked in an empty room with white walls, a small portable TV and this to watch on repeat mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOuYIYh5A2c

Needless to say it drove the poor man insane and he?s been locked up in institutional care ever since.

Scotland..this one's for you! You may be gone but will never be forgotten.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWfRQDIEXxc&feature=related

It's now day again folks. Usual deadlines and Bev and Hound can't vote tomorrow.

Harry Palmer

Anybody kept a voting record?

The mods? :teehee:

Anyway, at least there were no roled deaths but pretty shite that the England lovers got rid of Scotland. :down:

Yes we do! :thumbsup:

Frenchie - Sean

Yvonne - Hound

Flux - Cigaro

Sean - Bev

Regan - Bev

Scotland - swavkav

PJ1 - Frenchie

jambosfan - Cigaro

Seats - Scotland

Boof - Malky

Malky - Sean

Cigaro - flux

lasith - Sean

Dandyman - Boof

swavkav - milky_26

THAITB - Martin

milky - Frenchie

Martin - Hound

blairdin - Frenchie

Harris - lasith

The mods? :teehee:

Anyway, at least there were no roled deaths but pretty shite that the England lovers got rid of Scotland. :down:

surely it was a given that he;d be first to go? they're not gonna want any of us pure couch tatties to live, far less one called scotland

RIP mate

yvonnejambo

Goon list

Milky

Boof

PJ1

Blairdin

well I reckon at least 1 of the Frenchie voters is a commentator tosser :) seen as it was very obvious he was a couch potato!

I should have mentioned the gimp did guess..but is now back to the cellar with the canine leash and struggling to breathe through the 2 air holes the gaffer has let him. I feel sorry for the gimp now. I would urge the town to try and suss out who strap-on is to help Chick Dung. I mean he's a west coast pundit who can't afford the fare to Tynie isn't he? :whistling:

Goon list

Milky

Boof

PJ1

Blairdin

well I reckon at least 1 of the Frenchie voters is a commentator tosser smile.gif seen as it was very obvious he was a couch potato!

Well it was me who facilitated Frenchie's coming-out (of the tattie sack). A goon would want to make him look guilty - not innocent. I still can't believe that folk actually voted for him.

In fact your goon list comprises everyone who voted Frenchie and me. me who had him as the second most trustworthy person in the game. that's put you waaaay up my dodgy list.

So far up it, in fact, I'm going to have to

Vote yvonnejambo

kits - don't suppose you have a voting record that includes all the unvotes as well?

yvonnejambo

Well it was me who facilitated Frenchie's coming-out (of the tattie sack). A goon would want to make him look guilty - not innocent. I still can't believe that folk actually voted for him.

In fact your goon list comprises everyone who voted Frenchie and me. me who had him as the second most trustworthy person in the game. that's put you waaaay up my dodgy list.

So far up it, in fact, I'm going to have to

Vote yvonnejambo

kits - don't suppose you have a voting record that includes all the unvotes as well?

No probs with that vote on me. You were the one that made it obvious for anyone else that not only was Frenchie a townie but ou over did the stuff about him outing himself which to me stinks of a goon bluff. However you are more just on my one to watch list rather than def goon at thee mo.

Yes I do :thumbsup:

Yes we do! :thumbsup:

Frenchie - Malky Sean

Yvonne - Hound

Flux - Cigaro

Sean - Swavkav, Lasith Bev

Regan - Dandyman, Malky, Blair Bev

Scotland - swavkav

PJ1 - Frenchie

jambosfan - Cigaro

Seats - Scotland

Boof - Malky

Malky - Sean

Cigaro - flux

lasith - Sean

Dandyman - Boof

swavkav - milky_26

THAITB - Martin

milky - Frenchie

Martin - Commander Harris Hound

blairdin - Frenchie

Harris - lasith

Think that's right.

Goon list for me (purely at random)

Yvonne

Jambosean

Dandyman

Milky

And for the time being

vote sean

until I get a satisfactory answer cos I don't see what Marty did wrong to instigate the comment he made

jambosean75

What does that mean?

i've been a townie and up for lynch on night 1 before, could of dragged somebody else into it to save myself but have let it go if i didn't have a strong suspicion about somebody.

infact when i first started playing i asked this question in my 2nd or 3rd game and was told it was best to take one for the town.

i've always played it this way since, especially on night 1.

If I was a goon...how would I know what the CP's PM said?

Are you a couch potato, Yvonne? I do have a follow-up question depending on your answer...

I've played the game often enough to know that I'll get targetted eventually - especially if I make a lot of noise on day 1. I fail to see where I overdid anything about Frenchie's revelation of the content of the CP PM.

yvonnejambo

If I was a goon...how would I know what the CP's PM said?

Are you a couch potato, Yvonne? I do have a follow-up question depending on your answer...

I've played the game often enough to know that I'll get targetted eventually - especially if I make a lot of noise on day 1. I fail to see where I overdid anything about Frenchie's revelation of the content of the CP PM.

yes i am a couch potato but not sure I can trust you...

not a great first day, but when is it ever, going to have a read over the pages to see i there is anything that might be a bit dodgy and take it from there

i've been a townie and up for lynch on night 1 before, could of dragged somebody else into it to save myself but have let it go if i didn't have a strong suspicion about somebody.

infact when i first started playing i asked this question in my 2nd or 3rd game and was told it was best to take one for the town.

i've always played it this way since, especially on night 1.

personally if I knew I was innocent, I'd pull someone else in and hope for the best

jambosean75

personally if I knew I was innocent, I'd pull someone else in and hope for the best

when have you been innocent goon master :whistling:

Commander Harris

we could all vote for me. ?I'm a townie so would be no great loss...?

feel free to lynch me? :blink:

yes i am a couch potato but not sure I can trust you...

You're quite correct (for now) not to trust me.

But in order that we can begin to trust each other, I'd like to make a suggestion.

Assuming we couch potatoes all got the same PM from Geoff, we should all know what word is the first one, second one etc.

I'm suggesting that, in order to make ourselves more trustworthy, we could somehow use that message to let other folk know of our couch potato-ness.

It would take a pretty ballsy goon to try and second guess the content of the message, but I don't want them horning in on us.

I'm not actually sure how to do this or if it'll work but I'll kick off by stating that the final word of the PM is a word that is used fairly commonly in mafia games and has certainly already been used in this one and is likely to be used again.

If you got the same message as I did you'll know what word it is and, I hope, will see my game play as being as up front and honest as it can be.

How d'you identify yourselves to the rest of the CPs? Be imaginative and use the PM.

Of course this all goes bosoms skywards if Geoff sent us all unique PMs but, given the content of the one I got, I doubt it.

Anyway...over to you fellow tatties.

jambosean75

we could all vote for me. ?I'm a townie so would be no great loss...?

feel free to lynch me? :blink:

if you want

vote commander harris

Commander Harris

if you want

vote commander harris

goonish post imo.

anymore for anymore?

But in order that we can begin to trust each other, I'd like to make a suggestion.

Assuming we couch potatoes all got the same PM from Geoff, we should all know what word is the first one, second one etc.

I'm suggesting that, in order to make ourselves more trustworthy, we could somehow use that message to let other folk know of our couch potato-ness.

It would take a pretty ballsy goon to try and second guess the content of the message, but I don't want them horning in on us.

I'm not actually sure how to do this or if it'll work but I'll kick off by stating that the final word of the PM is a word that is used fairly commonly in mafia games and has certainly already been used in this one and is likely to be used again.

If you got the same message as I did you'll know what word it is and, I hope, will see my game play as being as up front and honest as it can be.

How d'you identify yourselves to the rest of the CPs? Be imaginative and use the PM.

Of course this all goes bosoms skywards if Geoff sent us all unique PMs but, given the content of the one I got, I doubt it.

That falls down badly Boof..had I had a couch potato PM I'd be in a townie mindset and consider myself one no matter what the PM said. You'll get no clues from that.

yvonnejambo

Ok I believe you and my PM had 51 letters in it, now im off to sleep night ya all

Archived