World Cup Mafia

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsTAt28GkV0

World Cup Mafia

The four year wait was over for the couch potatoes of Shedville. The 2010 World Cup was about to start and for the same couch potatoes, an even bigger bonus. Thanks to the ghosts of Broadcasting House, Shedville residents would not have to endure the inane ramblings of the English media and so their ears would be spared such guff as ?South Africa have France, Mexico and Uruguay in their group, which, interestingly enough, are the same countries England played in their group when we won the World Cup in 1966?.

However, Big Ears and co have found out about this and want to rectify matters before they head for the land of the Springbok.

The Goons

Gary Lineker ? Legendary England stiker and Leicester hero. He?s not such a polished presenter and teller of very bad jokes. Drives Shedville viewers insane. He knows his birdies and favourite maufactured snack product...but can he spot a 50 yard free kick coming?

Ian Wright ? England cheerleader-in-chief, his terrible analysis and blinkered vision engenders such rage in Shedville it leads couch potatoes to have coronaries.

Alan Hansen ? The Quisling. Whenever you talk about Hansen, he enrages the couch potatoes in the same way as Wright. Why is this man supporting England? Has he sold his soul for TV gold?

John Motson ? Heh, heh, heh! Interestingly enough, Motty isn?t commentating this year, but still never tires of mentioning the year Eric Cantona was born. This is enough to induce a coma in any Shedville couch potato. ?When zee seagulls follow zee trailer.....?

They will have an opportunity to kill every night unless one of their number is lynched during the day, after that they will have to regroup prior to planning the next days activities

What they want on the TV is something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZWxS6Sj6yo

Our Heroes

Cop

Jim Taggart ? The ghost of Jim Taggart wanders the corridors of Broadcasting House and Shedville each night, looking for untoward activity, convinced at every turn dangour looms for the sofa surfing masses. Each night, Taggart will report one investigation to the?.

Masons

Arthur Montford ? ?Penalty, definite penalty?. Scotland?s greatest commentator doesn?t want Southern supremacy, he would turn in his grave at the very thought.

Archie Macpherson ? Woof! Archie has been appointed chief commentator in Shedville for this World Cup and wants to protect that role from an English takeover

Bob Crampsey ? Crampsey?s ghost despairs of the rubbish punditry of the likes of Wright and seeks to educate his audience in the true traditions of the BBC

The masons can discuss the game off thread to work together to influence the game to the benefit of the town

Doctor

Dr Finlay ? Will issue a special set of earplugs to one person each night to protect that person from inane English ramblings. Cannot protect the same person on consecutive nights.

The Others

Assassin

Gordon Strapon ? No lover of the couch potato population, prefers munching of his tatties. His one liners can silence both pundits and fans in a stroke. Has three one-liners to use and, if Strapon is the last roled player remaining, they win the game

And introducing?..

The Gimp

Chick Dung ? Hoo, hoo, hoo! Dung has been put in a gimp mask and tied up by Strapon. Has three guesses as to who Strapon is and, if successful, can reveal that information to the rest of the town. Dung wins the game if he or she is the last remaining roled player. The Gimp loses the remaining guesses if the assassin is killed prior to the three guesses being used and reverts to being a simple townie. The gimp also reverts to being a townie if they fail to guess who the assassin is in their 3 guesses.

If the assassin and gimp are both still roled at the end of the game, and no one else is roled (including the doc) then the assassin wins the game.

If you are not roled then you are a couch potato, your cause is to enjoy the World Cup with a beer in one hand, remote control in the other, munchies on the coffee table and cracking football on the telly without constant references to the year Eric Cantona was born.

At night Kits and I will take PMs from the cop, the doc, the goons, the assassin and the gimp in that order

Please post votes and unvotes in bold e.g. vote Jimmy Hill and unvote Jimmy Hill

If you don't your vote will not be counted. No editing of posts with votes allowed, if this is done voting privileges may be removed.

You can bluff or lie about your role, but if you come out right and say you?re the assassin or a mason etc you will be mod killed. The exception to this is the gimp who can reveal all IF they guess who put them in the mask.

A lynch will happen when there is enough votes for the same person or a deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached but not enough numbers have voted the same person, the person with the highest amount of votes at that time will be lynched. If it is a tie we will devise a way of picking the winner.

Only players who have a team role are allowed to PM other players about the game. If you receive a PM from someone you are not supposed to please DON'T post it on the game thread, report it to me first. If you have any questions about the general rules post them on the thread, if you have a question about your role/power PM myself or Kits and we?ll try our best to explain it.

No PMs or chat in other threads or even in real life about the game unless you have a role which allows PMs to other players and then it can only be between the players you have been given roled alongside.

No speculation is permitted on the thread during the night period, just the usual sorry I?ve killed townie type stuff. Players who misbehave at night will be punished.

Dead people can post but if they say vote someone off or unsubtly hint for someone to be voted off, I?ll send Kits round to kill you for real-so just don?t do it please. We?ve all experienced it and know it is hard but it ruins the experience for other players

To avoid accusations of anybody being a PM lurker if possible please set your profile to invisible

Mod Kills

Mod kills will hopefully be unnecessary but the rules are simple. Non voters will lose voting rights (unless there is an early lynch) and non posters on any day (unless there is an early lynch) will be mod killed

PMs will be issued soon.

Enjoy and if you are confused over anything please PM either Kitster or myself

First deadline will be 9pm BST (10pm CET, 6am AEST) on Thursday night, with all roled players to have PM?s in by 10pm or you will lose your right to the night time activities. There will be no flexibility on this to allow the game to flow. Deadlines after that will be every 24 hours at 9pm.

MODS ? Could you please sticky this and remove the sign up thread?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geoff Kilpatrick

PLAYER LIST

1 Frenchie

2 Yvonnejambo

3 Flux

4 jambosean75

5 Jack Regan

6 Beverley

7 Hound

8 Scotland

10 portobellojambo1

11 Jambosfan1987

12 Seats

13 Boof

14 Malky McFrench

15 Cigaro

16 lasith

17 Dandyman

19 swavkav

21 milky_26

22 Martin

23 blairdin

PM's have been sent to everyone and roles assigned by using the random number function on Excel, for avoidance of doubt! thumbsup.gif

jambosean75

looks good.

pity the fool who ends up as chick dung.

might be worse than being a hobo.

have met him once and can confirm, he really is that much of a ****.

have to say I enjoyed the last game (as it was my first & wasn't too sure what I was doing )

so lets have a great game.

jambosean75

looks good.

pity the fool who ends up as chick dung.

might be worse than being a hobo.

have met him once and can confirm, he really is that much of a ****.

can't believe the word **** is banned

jambosean75

my manager is away until friday so should lead to a good post count.

and plenty of time for vote changes :thumbsup:

jambosean75

unvote swavkav

arse

not aimed at you, just trying to see what's banned

jambosean75

god but preseason is boring.

have we signed anybody yet?

is there anybody out there?

am i alone?

should i start listening to the voices?

Looking good, cheers guys.

Genuinely laughed at the Chick Young part.:laugh:

Ok, it would appear the game has started and already gone a little bit off the wall!! whistling.gif

Good job with the roles Geoff and Kit - the Chick Dung scenario is a new one on me but could be interesting. Anyway, too soon for votes so just popped in to say hello and ?VAMOS ESPA?A! thumbsup.gif

jambosean75

Ok, it would appear the game has started and already gone a little bit off the wall!! whistling.gif

Good job with the roles Geoff and Kit - the Chick Dung scenario is a new one on me but could be interesting. Anyway, too soon for votes so just popped in to say hello and ?VAMOS ESPA?A! thumbsup.gif

if you don't back my campaign to make yvonne team captain for the predictor my vote might be heading your way :whistling:

unvote lasith

jambosean75

Vote : jambosean75

For being annoying.

it seemed to work for harris so i'll give it a try.

boo lasith boo :(

if you don't back my campaign to make yvonne team captain for the predictor my vote might be heading your way whistling.gif

unvote lasith

I back your campaign in principle, but I do worry that the captaincy might be an additional pressure she does not need and which may ultimately affect her performances. ermm.gif

jambosean75

I back your campaign in principle, but I do worry that the captaincy might be an additional pressure she does not need and which may ultimately affect her performances. ermm.gif

that's my excuse for my display in the last campaign :teehee:

Geoff Kilpatrick

APOLOGIES FOLKS, I ACCIDENTALLY MISSED OUT HARRIS FROM THE LIST.

Harris was PM'd the same time as everyone else, for avoidance of doubt.

PLAYER LIST

1 Frenchie

2 Yvonnejambo

3 Flux

4 jambosean75

5 Jack Regan

6 Beverley

7 Hound

8 Scotland

10 portobellojambo1

11 Jambosfan1987

12 Seats

13 Boof

14 Malky McFrench

15 Cigaro

16 lasith

17 Dandyman

19 swavkav

21 milky_26

22 Martin

23 blairdin

25 Commander Harris

looks interesting this game.

sean is on his way to dying while hes playing footy.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Early vote count :stuart:

jambosean75 1

Everyone bar Lasith to vote!

Riiiiight, should be a bit more active this game as I'm off work ill for the time being, plus I've no interviews in the pipeline. :(

Liking the wee Chick Dung addition.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Right folks, I'm off to bed. Kitster will be along when I'm in my kip to keep you in check! thumbsup.gif

Ah well, if Malky's a goon he's safe from BS i.e. I'm not the cop.

In fact to prove it...I AM THE COP.

There ye go...if I really am the cop I'll be modkilled, so when I don't get modkilled you'll know I'm not.

In fact I'm also a goon, the assassin, a mason, the doctor and Chick Dung.

All of that should be enough to reveal that I am, indeed, as couch potatoesque as they come. A bit worried that Messrs Lineker and Strapon are quite keen on the consumption of potato-based products.

Anyway...who's for BS?

Me, for one.

And I'll be voting for the first person who says they aren't.

I'm off to bed. Kitster will be along when I'm in my kip. thumbsup.gif

Yowser...that's taking co-modding a bit farther than usualblink.giftongue.gifwink.gif

thehibsareintheirbeds

APOLOGIES FOLKS, I ACCIDENTALLY MISSED OUT HARRIS FROM THE LIST.

Harris was PM'd the same time as everyone else, for avoidance of doubt.

PLAYER LIST

1 Frenchie

2 Yvonnejambo

3 Flux

4 jambosean75

5 Jack Regan

6 Beverley

7 Hound

8 Scotland

10 portobellojambo1

11 Jambosfan1987

12 Seats

13 Boof

14 Malky McFrench

15 Cigaro

16 lasith

17 Dandyman

19 swavkav

21 milky_26

22 Martin

23 blairdin

25 Commander Harris

Looks like the goons have claimed their first victim, sob, not on the list and no PM. Cant believe i'm going to miss out on lynching ian wright. Going to have to spend my evenings with the mrs now, instead of on here. Gutted.

Boof please do not use the game rules as a vehicle to try and eliminate yourself from roles.

Do something useful like get the bar open instead! :lightbulb:

jambosean75

i'm just a townie as per usual.

i would use bs but since i'm not the cop it doesn't matter.

since malky supplied the site for the "random" generation of roles(not that i'm hinting he would nobble it) goon list is as follows

malky

frenchie

bev

martin

since the first deadline is while i'm playing footie, i think the mods are trying to get me out the way :angry:

yvonnejambo

Looks like the goons have claimed their first victim, sob, not on the list and no PM. Cant believe i'm going to miss out on lynching ian wright. Going to have to spend my evenings with the mrs now, instead of on here. Gutted.

Oh thats a bit rubbish :( I suggest a restart :)

Commander Harris

quality set up :) ?particularly like Strapon and Dung the Gimp. ? :thumbsup:

Yet again CH is in his prefered role of townie for what he thinks is the 5th game in a row? :thumbsup:

mon the couch potatoes!

Cracking setup and I think whoever has the Chick Dung role should forever be called that from now on :thumbsup: There should also be a rule that keeps Bob Crampsey immune from any killing!

Yowser...that's taking co-modding a bit farther than usualblink.giftongue.gifwink.gif

There's dedication to the game :teehee:

There should also be a rule that keeps Bob Crampsey immune from any killing!

Agree with that one, however I didn't know Arthur Montford would no longer be donning any garish sports jackets.

When did he leave us?

And since I'm posting...and merci beaucoup to Kitster for reminding me, since I've not done it for a while...bar's open.

If I can find a random cocktail generator I'll get you to choose your bevvies form that - otherwise you'll get what I feel like giving you.

THAITB - have a pint of cheer-up juice. Dunno how you missed out.

Hello just arrived in Kongsberg and the wireless is working so just registering apost

I'll be back later after I've had dinner

PS Great set up Geoff & Kits

Everyone who received a PM telling them they were a townie...identify yourselves.

Chris Benoit

cracking set up :thumbsup:

i'm a townie :woot: not been one in ages and couldn't cope with the stress after the last game :lol:

Chris Benoit

Everyone who received a PM telling them they were a townie...identify yourselves.

don't know about you but mine informed me i was a couch potato

you know what I love about this game is the fact I can get my post count up & then go on the terrace say what I want & not be called a hobo thumbsup.gif

so its all good.

couch potato.

you know what I love about this game is the fact I can get my post count up & then go on the terrace say what I want & not be called a hobo thumbsup.gif

so its all good.

HOBO :whistling:

don't know about you but mine informed me i was a couch potato

Feck's sake Marty!!!

You've gone and spoiled my little ruse to draw out the goons (I'd've assumed the good roled folk would've been able to look after themselves once we had a few names to play with).

Anyone claiming to have got a PM stating they were a townie would obviously have been fibbing as I (and I presume the remainder of the townies) got the PM stating we were couch potatoes.

Still...I guess that's you gone onto my trust list.

As did mine thumbsup.gif

Ahhh...but too late to make my trust list.

Which consists of me and Frenchie. I'll take a dander back and see if swavkav makes it onto that list.

I've got a long memory...

Even if he's a fellow townie, anybody with the brass neck to sign up to a new game proudly using the name "Dwarf Humper" doesn't deserve the Shedville oxygen.

I hope a goon outs themselves, or else that's my reason for saying vote Frenchie

As usual, it is all based on guesswork at this stage, but on the basis that his name is strangely appropriate for this competition (even though he didn't qualify) I'll...

Vote Scotland

Post #40 swavkav...why the edit?

because I added the wee smilely to my post,

but why (all) the question(s) you a copper?

has to put the "all" & "S" in brackets as the counter question would have looked stupid blink.gif

Archived