World Cup Mafia

Geoff Kilpatrick

Thanks all, great result from the town, without a doubt one of, if not the most enjoyable game.

I'd also like to give Geoff and Kits a masisve thank you, for putting a huge amount of effort in, not just running it, but with the stories and keeping it as exiting and fair as possible. :thumbsup:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harry Palmer

That's cool porty. It gave us the option of Malky being good or someone that doesn't use BS which would be Lasith or Harris. As it was, it made no difference because we were gone quickly. :(

Did originally have Martin, sean and jambosfan down as roled when Cigaro was lynched, only in the latter stages was I thinking Lasith was the doc (similar to a previous game).

Still I know who I'm voting for next time.... :teehee:

Thanks to all for playing. Everyone really contributed to this game, the potatoes speculated and our PM boxes are both crammed full of conjecture from the roled players. So well done to you all!

All that remains now is for the end of tournament awards.

First I would like to ramble a lot about my co-host Geoff..well I won't really except to say he's a great fella and kept me calm when I felt like chucking my PC out the window!

Now for the players..

The Golden Boot - has to go to Lasith. Super game managed to stay under the radar and his saves at critical points turned the game on its head.

The Golden Goal - to our dear Malky the gimp, guessing strap on with his last shot

Best commentator - Motty, Seats played a very clever game and nearly turned it around tonight as well casting doubt in many player's minds

The wooden boot - Swavkav (sorry honey!) as his chat up line about Bev was fairly transparent and until then he was playing a blinder. You can slag me all you like now :ninja:

2 more sleeps to go folks!! I hope its kept you occupied enough in the run up! :thumbsup:

I may now find the time to study the odds and decide who I'll waste my money on!

Cheers to you and Geoff for the game, really enjoyable one :) Finished in pretty good time too!

I should be grateful that I didn't get an award. I felt like the player who was so fired up to play against England but ended up getting sent off after a minute to make things difficult for my team mates :down: My vote for Cig and then my defence of Seats weren't my finest hour...

thehibsareintheirbeds

Great game mods, well done for sticking with it- bit manic at times but great set up and ideas. been really enjoyable reading the last few days- some great old school mafia debate. Unlucky seats, was sure they were onto you then you almost turned it around out of nowhere. Was told lasith was the doc the night before i was done in and almost revealed it on thread after his second save- quick edit just in time! Bring on the world cup!

You don't even want to know how many PMs CH! I'm actually gonna miss the game which is weird as at one point I told Geoff he could mod it himself. Reply was don't you dare missus we've spent weeks planning this game. You're not going anywhere! I'm glad he talked me round as I've enjoyed it since :)

As I said above go and sleep with your wife it surely can't be that awful.

...one award:

The Golden Rattle Thrown from the Pram goes to........

Well, I think we all know thumbsup.gif

Maybe you'd be happy for your partner to be insulted in such a fashion - I wasn't.

I think that says more about you than me.

Maybe you'd be happy for your partner to be insulted in such a fashion - I wasn't.

I think that says more about you than me.

I didn't insult your partner Boof and this is KB..you picked lots of holes in our game which made me think 'this isn't worth it' It wasn't personal I just wanted you to perhaps respect our game more than you were. Geoff's already explained this to you I know he has. If you want to think that then it's entirely your call but I know the manner in which it was meant.

Huge well done to Kits and Geoff on this one.

Didn't post much after my lynching, but as a newcomer to mafia games the last 48hrs have been brilliant to read, watching you lot debate, speculate, bluff, double bluff.

Oh - and GIRFUY goons.

Huge well done to Kits and Geoff on this one.

Didn't post much after my lynching, but as a newcomer to mafia games the last 48hrs have been brilliant to read, watching you lot debate, speculate, bluff, double bluff.

Oh - and GIRFUY goons.

Thanks Blair :) Catch up over the world cup? I'll brave BTW for the late stages maybe a semi-final or the big game itself as I'm on holiday the second week.

I didn't insult your partner Boof and this is KB..you picked lots of holes in our game which made me think 'this isn't worth it' It wasn't personal I just wanted you to perhaps respect our game more than you were. Geoff's already explained this to you I know he has. If you want to think that then it's entirely your call but I know the manner in which it was meant.

In Boof's defence, if that comment had been made towards me (no matter how you may have intended it) I very much doubt my response would have been half as civil as his was

Also, having modded many many games, it is worth remembeing that every game people will question things, the lesson to be learned is that it shouldn't be taken personally and as a crticism of yourself

Thanks Blair smile.gif Catch up over the world cup? I'll brave BTW for the late stages maybe a semi-final or the big game itself as I'm on holiday the second week.

It's a date.

As long as you promise not to send me home to bed with Miss Blairdin. 'Cause that would be very very insulting and, good mate or not, I might have to cast it constantly for evermore after I've sued your ass...

I was thinking about running a game if people are up for it. Would you prefer I waited until after the WC?

Harry Palmer

There's going to be games every day for about the next 2wks so probably no time. :)

Yes, kitster, you did. Your implication that, by my being on JKB at 3am I was avoiding sleeping with my wife as I would find that awful, IS an insult.

An insult against someone who has never logged onto Kickback in her life, so trying to pass it off as KB banter doesn't even begin to justify it. As I said to Geoff I can take any number of insults or banter hurled in my direction. Bringing my wife into it was a step too far.

As for the game itself, I did nothing different from other mafia games. I certainly wasn't picking holes and when I asked why I was being warned didn't receive one response. If you see that as disrespecting your game - that's up to you. I know I wasn't and the evidence is there on the thread to back me up.

In Boof's defence, if that comment had been made towards me (no matter how you may have intended it) I very much doubt my response would have been half as civil as his was

Also, having modded many many games, it is worth remembeing that every game people will question things, the lesson to be learned is that it shouldn't be taken personally and as a crticism of yourself

Well I didn't mean it in much the same way as people slag me off at times Malky. I don't take it to heart.. To be fair I'd love someone to curl up with and I wouldn't be debating mafia roles at 3am in the morning if I had. That was all I meant and it's quite an eye opener men can be so sensitive about their own lives when questioned about them.

I'll put it down to experience though..you live you learn and move on from it.

not for me, too much football to watch :)

I was thinking that, probably suits me aswell, I'll leave it a month or so.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Guys, I spoke to Boof off thread and I was obviously in contact with Kits throughout the game. I don't think we need to be judgmental about anyone on the thread. I'm just glad our predictor team is ready to go again!

fin avec l'amour

Now for the most important question

When are we going to get a new name from you flux, it's been a while

Harry Palmer

not for me, too much football to watch :)

And beer to drink. :)

So...pint anyone?

It was a good game - top marks to Lasith and, as I said to Geoff, the mod team in getting THAITB involved.

And, for the second time...I'm done here.

And beer to drink. :)

Maybe a drunk mafia game would be good, people could only vote/post for an hour and a bit after the final whistle of the night match. Type of idea that could be great but could also be rubbish!

Now for the most important question

When are we going to get a new name from you flux, it's been a while

I like flux, he will stay.

unless we all change our names for the world cup, then I would become Hakan Yakin

Commander Harris

flux is a top username, that flickering avatar is a bit annoying though :(

I like flux, he will stay.

unless we all change our names for the world cup, then I would become Hakan Yakin

Surely someone would have to go Rais M'Bohli

flux is a top username, that flickering avatar is a bit annoying though :(

I like it, but i feel a Hakin Yakin coming...

So...pint anyone?

It was a good game - top marks to Lasith and, as I said to Geoff, the mod team in getting THAITB involved.

And, for the second time...I'm done here.

boof I felt at the time you were being overly sensitive and having read it again still do. However we are all different.

In the interests of harmony I'll have a pint of carling cold (I am supposed to be English) and hope you will join me?

thoroughly enjoyable game, just a shame i wasn't more interested to start with though, through no fault of any player or mod

was definitely one of the best games though, so thanks guys

portobellojambo1

Guys, I spoke to Boof off thread and I was obviously in contact with Kits throughout the game. I don't think we need to be judgmental about anyone on the thread. I'm just glad our predictor team is ready to go again!

Yup, nothing like a victory for bringing everyone back down to earth ( :ermm:), or something like that.

Archived