The HUNS - pride of Britain - its all relative

VeraNT

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Commander Harris
Many Rangers fans openly support terrorism as well.

Is that not a bit hypocritical of you to say that?

a small minority of Rangers supporters openly support terrorism, the vast majority wouldn't - I think Rangers problems primarily relate to anti-catholic bigotry rather than support of terrorism.

on the other hand, I would say a very large minority, possible a majority, of Celtic supporters would openly support terrorism - and that is Celtic's major problem rather than explicit sectarian bigotry.

Both serious problems that need addressing - but they are subtly different problems.

Not at all.

You will find that the majority of guys (especially those from Edinburgh) who support these two will be grade A arseholes.

I take it you judge a person on their religious belief, I find that very sad.

not at all i am good friends of people of many religions and i judge my mates on personality and trust which with your last comment you have no idea about that and you should realise there is a world outside edinburgh

Dirk Diggler
You should move then.

No-one is forcing you to live here. :)

I have a daughter, A partner, a well paid job and a mortgage.

As much as this country has provided me with this, i still think it's a horrible place to live.

Before I pack my bags I'll be sure and notify you.

:)

sorry i worded that wrong i ment terrorism against the uk or is it gb (suppose it depends on what you think is the uk or gb )

So you approve of terrorism as long as it's in the name of the UK?:)

Dirk Diggler
In what way?

Look at the title of this thread.

Look at the numerous other threads that appear on here daily.

Listen to bbc scotland between 3pm and 5pm.

I hate this country.

In what way?

in the way that everone goes on about the auld firm being racist and bigoted but in scotland everyone is the same when it comes down to being brittish or scottish so in the end up everyone that hates the auld firm by calling them huns or tims are actually a racist and a bigot

So you approve of terrorism as long as it's in the name of the UK?:)

aslong as it is in the name of deffending the uk

CompleteIdiot

How would that fuel happiness or unhappiness? I am honestly confused.

Look at the numerous other threads that appear on here daily.

Listen to bbc scotland between 3pm and 5pm.

I hate this country.

You should move.

You only get one life and you need to cram as much good stuff in there as possible.

Where do you fancy heading to?

Dirk Diggler
You should move.

You only get one life and you need to cram as much good stuff in there as possible.

Botswana.

Botswana.

Wouldn't be my first choice but you'll get a rare sun tan and i'm sure beer will be cheap.

You'd miss Tynecastle a lot though.

Botswana.

i, for one, am keen to start a fund to speed your exit from this country. where should i send my money?

CompleteIdiot
in the way that everone goes on about the auld firm being racist and bigoted but in scotland everyone is the same when it comes down to being brittish or scottish so in the end up everyone that hates the auld firm by calling them huns or tims are actually a racist and a bigot

So your thesis is that it is bigoted and racist to oppose bigotry and racism?

Charlie-Brown
Botswana.

No No No........Tahiti is the answer........it's got a good climate & it's almost as far away from Scotland as you can get :) .....

Charlie-Brown

Well CI I am prejudiced against the prejudiced!

i have put a lot of pro brittish comments on this thread but i know we are al HEARTS FANS so what does it matter if we fly a uj or a saltier at a hearts game cause we are all HEARTS FANS so why does evernyone get so upset ?

people dont realise that they are actualy being racist or bigoted until it is pointed out to them ( no doubt i have been earlier :P )

Commander Harris
No No No........Tahiti is the answer........it's got a good climate & it's almost as far away from Scotland as you can get :) .....

Tahiti, is that not in the windward islands?... - or is that french polynesia... or the society islands?!!!

crap! we're back to a gb/uk/british isles style conundrum! ;)

CompleteIdiot
You should move.

That's a pretty good philosophy.

When I speak to people I went to school with they tell me they feel trapped and that they haven't achieved anything real. They are earning good money in one of Edinburgh's financial institutions but they don't feel like they are living.

The only thing really trapping them is themselves.

i have put a lot of pro brittish comments on this thread but i know we are al HEARTS FANS so what does it matter if we fly a uj or a saltier at a hearts game cause we are all HEARTS FANS so why does evernyone get so upset ?

Some of us don't like Rangers FC, the views held by their fans, their fans songs etc and we find it embarassing that there are a minority of Hearts fans who do like to cosy up to the Huns.

Rangers are disgusting and the thought of being likened to those knuckle draggers makes me want to puke.

You don't have to be related to any of them.

Hope this helps.

nothing to do with your post but that is a shocking colm over ;)

Some of us don't like Rangers FC, the views held by their fans, their fans songs etc and we find it embarassing that there are a minority of Hearts fans who do like to cosy up to the Huns.

Rangers are disgusting and the thought of being likened to those knuckle draggers makes me want to puke.

but what they sing are about britain and scotland which is nothing to be ashamed of not saying you are but would you rather listen to celtic going on about killing brittish soldiers trying to defend our land?

but what they sing are about britain and scotland which is nothing to be ashamed of not saying you are but would you rather listen to celtic going on about killing brittish soldiers trying to defend our land?

No.

That's vile and we now have legislation in place that makes openly supporting terrorism a crime. This thread is about Rangers though.

Do you not think also, that when your only defence is pointing the finger at another party that you percieve to be worse, you really have no defence at all?

People flying flags anywhere does not bother me in the slightest!

A question for you - If an Irish player signed for Hearts and someone or the club flew the Tricolour would it bother you?

CompleteIdiot

That's very small minded. There's a picture earlier in the thread with Rangers fans with an Israeli flag. Zionists committed massive amounts of terrorism against British soldiers in Palestine to secure a Zionist Israeli state. These Zionist terrorists were armed and funded by no less than Hitler's Germany.

These short sighted arguments you are making really make no sense. You need to educate yourself rather than concentrate on local differences.

Charlie-Brown
That's a pretty good philosophy.

When I speak to people I went to school with they tell me they feel trapped and that they haven't achieved anything real. They are earning good money in one of Edinburgh's financial institutions but they don't feel like they are living.

The only thing really trapping them is themselves.

." You call yourself a free spirit, a "wild thing," and you're terrified somebody's gonna stick you in a cage. Well baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land. It's wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself".......from breakfast a tiffany's.

Sorry for being heavy but we are all in a place of our own making.

Charlie-Brown

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter......killing and murder of innocents is wrong - end of! but let's not pretend one side is more virtuous than the other.

CompleteIdiot
." You call yourself a free spirit, a "wild thing," and you're terrified somebody's gonna stick you in a cage. Well baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land. It's wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself".......from breakfast a tiffany's.

Sorry for being heavy but we are all in a place of our own making.

How terribly defeatist. ;)

I am going to concede that you have a point though. I suppose if you are a person that feels hateful in Scotland, you'll probably feel hateful if you live anywhere.

Why do we try to decide which is the worse of the OF. Each of them is an abomination and , yes, for different though connected reasons. Skkum the lot of them.

Why do we try to decide which is the worse of the OF. Each of them is an abomination and , yes, for different though connected reasons. Skkum the lot of them.

Different sides of the same coin.

Dirk Diggler
You seem very bitter about something. I am just not sure what.

It's our first session Dr Melphi.

Maybe through time you'll understand.

No.

That's vile and we now have legislation in place that makes openly supporting terrorism a crime. This thread is about Rangers though.

Do you not think also, that when your only defence is pointing the finger at another party that you percieve to be worse, you really have no defence at all?

which it seams that the leguslatuin doesnt seam to be working !!!!

my defence is that this thread started about showing that a scottish/brittish club is the pride of britian out of the brittish clubs in the uefa cup then people started bringing the scottish/brittish club down with the usuall way they do when we show support to one of the auld firm (not that i would show the same support for celtic) because they dont care about scotland or britain

It's our first session Dr Melphi.

Maybe through time you'll understand.

Dr. Melfi is ace. :)

The Huns were an early confederation of Central Asian equestrian nomads or semi-nomads,[1] most likely with a Turkic aristocracy.[2][3][4][5][6] Some of these Eurasian tribes moved into Europe in the 4th and 5th centuries, most famously under Attila the Hun.

Hey - if you have questions, check out wikipedia.

IIRC correctly the term 'hun'has nothing to do with Atilla or the Germans. In Noirn Irelnad 'Hun'is a derogatory term for a Protestant.

I am an atheist but i regularly use the word 'Hun' in relation to the Sons of William simply because I know it causes offence.

As for ever congratulating either of the OF for their success past or present in Europe : in the words of my old boss 'I'd rather stick my **** in a liquidiser'.

The blatant manipulation of the Sellick PR machine in seeing a SCOTTISH club representing SCOTLAND in Europe by having an Irish flag is beyond belief.

And for the other half with their UJs and Star of David flags : it's like a bad comedy sketch that shames our nation.

Welcome to Scotland : keeping sectarianism alive for 400 years.

There was a great article in the Gruniaud today about the death of Paisley (the guy , not the town unfortunately) which quoted Connor Cruise O'Brien and his observation about NI chosing to align itself politically on religious grounds : it was/is doomed to fail. And yet Scotland is totally dominated in sporting terms along the same lines. Yep, sectarianism pays in footballing terms. And all of Scotland is the poorer for it.

Ryan Gosling
which it seams that the leguslatuin doesnt seam to be working !!!!

my defence is that this thread started about showing that a scottish/brittish club is the pride of britian out of the brittish clubs in the uefa cup then people started bringing the scottish/brittish club down with the usuall way they do when we show support to one of the auld firm (not that i would show the same support for celtic) because they dont care about scotland or britain

Jesus Christ.

People flying flags anywhere does not bother me in the slightest!

A question for you - If an Irish player signed for Hearts and someone or the club flew the Tricolour would it bother you?

no because they are playing for hearts

a queation for you would you get upset if a st georges cross ,red hand or a uj got flown at tynecastle

Ryan Gosling
a Atilla or the Germans. In Noirn Irelnad 'Hun'is a derogatory term for a Protestant.

I am an atheist but i regularly use the word 'Hun' in relation to the Sons of William simply because I know it causes offence.

As for ever congratulating either of the OF for their success past or present in Europe : in the words of my old boss 'I'd rather stick my **** in a liquidiser'.

The blatant manipulation of the Sellick PR machine in seeing a SCOTTISH club representing SCOTLAND in Europe by having an Irish flag is beyond belief.

And for the other half with their UJs and Star of David flags : it's like a bad comedy sketch that shames our nation.

There was a great article in the Gruniaud today about the death of Paisley (the guy , not the town unfortunately) which quoted Connor Cruise O'Brien and his observation about NI chosing to align itself politically on religious grounds : it was/is doomed to fail. And yet Scotland is totally dominated in sporting terms along the same lines. Yep, sectarianism pays in footballing terms. And all of Scotland is the poorer for it.

Rangers fans were called Huns by the Spanish press after they won the Cup Winners' Cup due to the rioting.

IIRC correctly the term 'hun'has nothing to do with Atilla or the Germans. In Noirn Irelnad 'Hun'is a derogatory term for a Protestant.

Very good post.

The bold bit was quite amusing.

Commander Harris

this thread is great - random stream of very loosely related pish.

most entertaining. (o:

Commander Harris
whats your point

he's not got his points, the umlaut would cause a coding error. ;)

sorry, ignore that - it's a terrible joke.

CompleteIdiot
this thread is great - random stream of very loosely related pish.

most entertaining. (o:

Speak fir yersel likes. ;)

Archived