• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Sterling Archer

And we're done. I'll set up waivers later and post details here and via email. It will be blind bid and the first lot will be processed next week so everyone has the opportunity to place bids.

Sterling Archer

Email sent to league:

All,

So that's the draft over and the blind bid waiver period set up. It will run from tomorrow morning until the end of the season. After the last week of the season no waivers will be allowed until after the 2011 rookie draft.

IMPORTANT:

Each week, waivers will run from 7am on a Sunday until midnight the following Wednesday. During this time you can place bids for players, these bids cannot be seen by other owners and whoever has the highest bid on a player will be awarded that player. You have a limited amount of virtual dollars to spend throughout the season.

Your season limit is $500 and any waivers will count towards this amount, if you are unsuccessful in bids for a player this will not count against your season balance.

As the purpose of offseason waivers is to allow you to fill your taxi squad I have temporarily increased roster size to 30. This will allow you to bid for players who you/I will then move to the taxi squad. The week before the season begins roster size will be dropped back to 25, if you do not make the relevant cuts in time I will be forced to make them as I see fit. More to follow on this nearer the time however.

Enjoy the season and happy bidding.

Donnie

Oh and any questions just pop me an email.

CHI - QB Jay Cutler throwing to WR Johnny Knox

Source: Kevin Seifert - ESPN

Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler threw more passes to WR Johnny Knox than to any other receiver during practice Friday, July 30, according to ESPN's Kevin Seifert.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

We love Johnny Knox as a WR2 for your fantasy team this year. He has the perfect skill set for a Mike Martz offense, and could easily outperform his current ADP of WR42.

Hope this works out, he`s my top 10 WR for the future.

Edited by The man in black

Sterling Archer

REMINDER:

Just to remind everyone you have 500 dollars for the WHOLE SEASON and that there will be plenty of FA's pickups needed during that time.

The guys out there for the taxi squad aren't worth more than a couple of dollars each.

Just thought I'd put that out there before anyone blows all their money and can't make WW pickups during the season.

Rick Grimes

REMINDER:

Just to remind everyone you have 500 dollars for the WHOLE SEASON and that there will be plenty of FA's pickups needed during that time.

The guys out there for the taxi squad aren't worth more than a couple of dollars each.

Just thought I'd put that out there before anyone blows all their money and can't make WW pickups during the season.

can you see folks's bids? cheat!

:P

Sterling Archer

can you see folks's bids? cheat!

:P

I can see everything, I have to process them. I'm just trying to look out for people, obviously the blind bids is new to everyone.

Looking to make a bid on a player. It's giving me the option to drop another player. Do I just ignore that and select 'none' and, if accepted, the player will go into my taxi squad?

Edited by ForresterJambo

Sterling Archer

Looking to make a bid on a player. It's giving me the option to drop another player. Do I just ignore that and select 'none' and, if accepted, the player will go into my taxi squad?

I realised when I was setting it up you can't just automatically add guys from the WW to your taxi squad, so I increased rosters to 30 for the offseason. To answer your question, yeah just leave it as none, if you win them they'll be added to your roster and then you can move them to the taxi squad.

Rick Grimes

I can see everything, I have to process them. I'm just trying to look out for people, obviously the blind bids is new to everyone.

if you outbid me, so help me you'll get such a slap. :turned:

Edited by Florian Schneider

Sterling Archer

if you outbid me, so help me you'll get such a slap. :turned:

We did actually bid on the same guy :thumbsup: Unless someone else outbids you you'll win him though.

Sterling Archer

Dez Bryant out for 4-6 weeks.

Bad for the Cowboys down.gif

Good for Roy Williams and my fantasy team thumbsup.gif

Could have been worse I suppose, been quite a few injuries already at camp, Morenos is probably the worst.

Sterling Archer

Strong rumours going about that Brett Favre isn't coming back.

Last few tweets:

1. Sources on team that Favre began telling people last night that he will not play. 2 minutes ago via txt

[*] Owners and team officials huddled on field at practice. We've heard from multiple ... 3 minutes ago via

[*] Strong indications that Favre has told team he will not play this year.

I'll believe it when I see it but apparently there will be a press conference tonight :huh:

Last few tweets:

1. Sources on team that Favre began telling people last night that he will not play. 2 minutes ago via txt

[*] Owners and team officials huddled on field at practice. We've heard from multiple ... 3 minutes ago via

[*] Strong indications that Favre has told team he will not play this year.

I'll believe it when I see it but apparently there will be a press conference tonight :huh:

Aye my mate just texted me. That`s all i need. Saying that he said this last year as well.

Sterling Archer

Aye my mate just texted me. That`s all i need. Saying that he said this last year as well.

Atleast you weren't relying on him as your QB1 and as you say, I won't believe it till the 1st snap of the season.

Last few tweets:

Owners and team officials huddled on field at practice. We've heard from multiple ... 3 minutes ago via

<li> Strong indications that Favre has told team he will not play this year.

Really hope this is true. I'll start the season with 4 starting QBs in my roster. If I get two performing from the start I can wait a 3-4 weeks before offering a slightly one-sided trade package to a struggling team with a struggling starting QB.

Sterling Archer

Really hope this is true. I'll start the season with 4 starting QBs in my roster. If I get two performing from the start I can wait a 3-4 weeks before offering a slightly one-sided trade package to a struggling team with a struggling starting QB.

Your week just gets better and better.

Your week just gets better and better.

All I need now is Chris Johnson (I'd settle for Cadillac Williams) to go down and I'm laughing.

I'm really curious to see if I get any of my bids. Had no idea how much it was worth bidding

Pre season fixtures gets under way a week tomorrow, hopefully find somewhere to watch some of it. I've never watched a pre season game, are they played at full intensity? Or is it not really worth watching?

Sterling Archer

I'm really curious to see if I get any of my bids. Had no idea how much it was worth bidding

Pre season fixtures gets under way a week tomorrow, hopefully find somewhere to watch some of it. I've never watched a pre season game, are they played at full intensity? Or is it not really worth watching?

If the timer ran out just now 43 players would be picked up. Not going to say who's winning though. I just want to remind everyone that the $500 dollars has to last the whole season.

I've never watched one either. Starters don't play that much during them though I don't think.

Hakeem Nicks has hyperextended his knee and is having an MRI, that's him and Bryant (my top 2 WR's) injured already!

Rick Grimes

They're definitely not played at full pelt - the starters will get one or two quaters in the first couple of games, then a decreasing load to virtually nothing by the fourth game.

That said, probably some value in watching for research on the backups for the dynasty league :)

I take its Sky Sports only coverage again this season?

Sterling Archer

They're definitely not played at full pelt - the starters will get one or two quaters in the first couple of games, then a decreasing load to virtually nothing by the fourth game.

That said, probably some value in watching for research on the backups for the dynasty league :)

I take its Sky Sports only coverage again this season?

Channel 5 covered last season's sunday night games. I stayed up to watch all but 3 of them. Work on Monday was a struggle.

Rick Grimes

Channel 5 covered last season's sunday night games. I stayed up to watch all but 3 of them. Work on Monday was a struggle.

aye me too, not sure how I forgot that :)

don't have Sky Sports tho & not sure I fancy shelling out ?25 a month extra.

Sterling Archer

aye me too, not sure how I forgot that :)

don't have Sky Sports tho & not sure I fancy shelling out ?25 a month extra.

Got a feeling ESPN have the Monday night games this year and late Sunday ones haven't been decided.

I'm sure I read that Sky Sports has the two Sunday afternoon games again and ESPN is showing Monday night football. No one has the sunday night game yet, hopefully CH5 pick it up again, quite enjoyed Mike Carlson and that Coombs guy.

That reminder that the $500 is for the whole season doesn't fill me with confidence :lol: although I thought my bids were a reasonable size.

Sterling Archer

I'm sure I read that Sky Sports has the two Sunday afternoon games again and ESPN is showing Monday night football. No one has the sunday night game yet, hopefully CH5 pick it up again, quite enjoyed Mike Carlson and that Coombs guy.

That reminder that the $500 is for the whole season doesn't fill me with confidence :lol: although I thought my bids were a reasonable size.

Yours are fine. Wee bit breathing space but not excessive, you'll see what I meant at 00:01am on thursday.

Mike Carlson = Legend.

So glad to have Monday Night Games back this year.

I basically bidded $1 on every player I went for. Basically hoping that nobody else was interested. The fact 43 players are about to go doesn't fill me with confidence.

Mike Carlson = Legend.

I basically bidded $1 on every player I went for. Basically hoping that nobody else was interested. The fact 43 players are about to go doesn't fill me with confidence.

To be honest mate until the season starts or injury kicks in at training camp. I just cant see anymore worth more than $2 at the moment.

Sterling Archer

Mike Carlson = Legend.

You'll be fine

Got 4 out of 5 from the waivers, Mike Hart($25) was the only guy I missed out on. Probably over spent($53 for 4 of them) but I find it hard to believe I will spend $500 throughout the season(unless I'm missing something?)

Sterling Archer

Can we wait until just before the season starts before moving players to the Taxi Squad?

Yeah rosters will be 30 until the week before the season when you'll need to cut back down to 25 (by moving some to taxi squad)

Sterling Archer

is that the Felton/Smith one? how come its free?

Yeah, because the money was deducted for Smith. When Smith was dropped it didn't come back. You happy with your pickups? I put a bid in for Cantwell, he's a good prospect.

Rick Grimes

yeah, pretty happy. Lonyae Miller would have been on my list had I realised I wasn't getting Josh Johnson - like the Parmele picvk up too. :thumbsup:

Happy to get all four guys for a grant total of $8. Collins and O'Sullivan are insurance in case Palmer gets injured or Young loses it again.

As usual it`s all pish with Favre, he has denied saying anything to the vikes personnel and is going to see the dr who done his op on his ankle next week as he`s not happy with it. If said ankle heals and he is happy with it he will play this year. So i other words who the f k knows. :turned:

Len dale White signs for the broncos, if he can get his arse into gear and get his head together, he could be a great player and only 25. Doubt he will do it though.

Sterling Archer

Just for a bit of fun I've added a survivor pool to the league, you don't need to take part if you don't want to.

You can access it through the My Team part of the league, essentially you pick one team each week who you think will win and if they do you can move on to the next week. You can only pick each team once though.

Just for a bit of fun I've added a survivor pool to the league, you don't need to take part if you don't want to.

You can access it through the My Team part of the league, essentially you pick one team each week who you think will win and if they do you can move on to the next week. You can only pick each team once though.

Done this last year on espn, its a fun wee game to do.

Sterling Archer

Just had my team rated by football guys. Good tool, you get a good summary of things. Just takes 10 minutes to fill in your roster and league rules :thumbsup:

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/rate-my-team/team.php?team=6V73v48KJH4X#fa

Did you click the link to see how it would do in 2011? What were your playoff percentages each year?

Did you click the link to see how it would do in 2011? What were your playoff percentages each year?

With great inseason management, we think you have about a 90 percent chance of making the playoffs.

With good inseason management, we think you have about a 85 percent chance of making the playoffs.

With average inseason management, we think you have a 76 percent chance of making the playoffs.

this was the best ratings I got, some other guy had me at 80/70/60% for the three.

for 2011

very similar really, Flacco+Stafford making a jump seems to be the upside in my squad. TJ Housh obviously one year older and drops a bit.

RB is the problem area, but knew that when I drafted two WR's to start out.

for 2011

90/85/74% from the good guy(the one that counts :lol:) so no real change

and 85/75/66% from the clueless guy, so he has me improving by 5%.