• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Congrats on the win Peebo!

Just curious though, We never got the game broadcast over here, Was there any specific reason the Texans threw the ball so much, or was it just tactical for a different Defence?

Anybody have a startable quaterback I could have?? Mine have either been benched or concussed!

What team are you? I might be willing to trade Vince Young if the offer is good.

I might even be willing to deal Palmer, but that'd have to be a better offer.

Edited by ForresterJambo

Congrats on the win Peebo!

Just curious though, We never got the game broadcast over here, Was there any specific reason the Texans threw the ball so much, or was it just tactical for a different Defence?

With Andre Johnson in team, the Texans always like to throw it around. Last week's running game against the Colts was a bit of a revelation. Superb comeback today, I thought the cocked it up when they elected to punt in OT, but they ended up with the win I think they deserved. Schaub was superb.

I'm backing the giants(+4.5pts) to beat the Colts Just ?11 @ 10/11..keep the game interesting.

Anyway...what's going on with Flacco? Last year I had Cutler on ESPN, Interceptions everywhere. Flacco so far this year, the same as Cutler last year. Cursed!

Anyone know the record between the Manning's? have they played against each other much?

Edit: Actually. +4pts. either misread it or it changed last minute :blink:

Edited by bringbackjefferies

I'm backing the giants(+4.5pts) to beat the Colts Just ?11 @ 10/11..keep the game interesting.

Anyway...what's going on with Flacco? Last year I had Cutler on ESPN, Interceptions everywhere. Flacco so far this year, the same as Cutler last year. Cursed!

Anyone know the record between the Manning's? have they played against each other much?

I backed that bet... unfortunately I doubled it with the Pats verymad.gif

It's ok, I hate the Giants so this game is interesting for me regardless.

phew - squeaked my game last night. looks like we could end up having the top two scores on the week as well - would have been gutted to lose it.

incidentally, is Tom who's not logged in for a couple of months?

Sterling Archer

phew - squeaked my game last night. looks like we could end up having the top two scores on the week as well - would have been gutted to lose it.

incidentally, is Tom who's not logged in for a couple of months?

Yeah it is. I sent him an email reminder but he's not logged in so I've been setting his lineup each week.

2 games, 2 hammering's :lol:

Mixed feelings towards my roster.

QB: Having a bit of a nightmare with Stafford injured, and Flacco throwing so many interceptions. But I have to assume that things will improve.

RB: McFadden and Benson should have solid enough seasons but Spiller doesn't look like having the big rookie year I was hoping for. Could do with one more decent back

WR: Fitz and Marshall will put up good numbers but maybe not as much as seasons gone past. Louis Murphy looks like he's going to be a very good WR3...Houshmandzedeh and Burleson don't look like doing much this year though :down: If those two can get some targets I'll be fine here.

TE: Maybe my strongest area and I'm glad I can play 2TE's. Both Chris Cooley and Marcedes Lewis look popular with their QB's, and have put up decent fantasy numbers in the first 2 games. I have Shawn Nelson to come back from suspension, and I also have Beckum/Fells back ups.

If my QB can put up double digit Fpoints I might win some games in the months to come :blink:

2 games, 2 hammering's :lol:

Mixed feelings towards my roster.

QB: Having a bit of a nightmare with Stafford injured, and Flacco throwing so many interceptions. But I have to assume that things will improve.

RB: McFadden and Benson should have solid enough seasons but Spiller doesn't look like having the big rookie year I was hoping for. Could do with one more decent back

WR: Fitz and Marshall will put up good numbers but maybe not as much as seasons gone past. Louis Murphy looks like he's going to be a very good WR3...Houshmandzedeh and Burleson don't look like doing much this year though :down: If those two can get some targets I'll be fine here.

TE: Maybe my strongest area and I'm glad I can play 2TE's. Both Chris Cooley and Marcedes Lewis look popular with their QB's, and have put up decent fantasy numbers in the first 2 games. I have Shawn Nelson to come back from suspension, and I also have Beckum/Fells back ups.

If my QB can put up double digit Fpoints I might win some games in the months to come :blink:

That looks like fun, could do with a little rant myself.

QB - Quite happy to have Palmer, Young and both back-ups at QB. Although I now see that I reached for Palmer and could have taken two or three average QBs later in the draft and done a committee. Although at the time I wanted a QB I could trust and Palmer should start to put bigger numbers up after getting one of the Ravens games out of the way.

RB - Grant getting injured was a huge blow. He was the player I was relying on to put up good numbers every week as one of the true featured backs in the league. I did well by trading to get Jackson before the start of the season but i looks now as if Green Bay are going to run a committee at running back. Behind him there is nothing. Forsset is both playing a poor side (that chases leads and therefore throws a lot) and is part of a committee himself. Fred Jackson must have shagged the coaches' missus because he is nowhere this year and Derrick Ward went from a back-up to an injury prone runner in Tampa to 3rd or 4th on the depth chart in Houston. My only hope of production from this group is if Chris Johnson goes down, as I have Javon Ringer.

WR - Got a few decent guys who will post 40+ catches and 600+ yards (Jenkins, Breaston, Gage, Britt, Williams) but I only have Santana Moss who I can rely on to get to 1000 yards receiving this season. Mark Clayton has been a bit of a surprise but with a rookie quarterback he is not someone who I can rely on either.

TE - I reached to take Witten. He's consistent and will post better numbers than he has done in the first two games but with Gates and Clark still available I'm not sure what I was thinking about. Fasano is a decent back-up but it was daft of me to start him in the first two games.

K and Def - Meh. I do like Jeff Reed though.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Some nice ranting there.

Apart from 3 players my team is less than average so far.

Anyways, Thought i'd post this wee vid, Quite old, but only just seen it today :)

Edited by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Sterling Archer

Hi Folks,

Big news out of Philadelphia as ESPN is reporting that coach Andy Reid will name Mike Vick his starting QB. This is a significant change from what Reid has been saying.

A few more:

New England RB Kevin Faulk is out for the year with a torn ACL.

Indianapolis WR Anthony Gonzalez will miss 4-6 weeks with a high ankle sprain.

Pittsburgh QB Dennis Dixon will have surgery on his left knee.

Washington cut RB Larry Johnson.

We'll have all these and more tonight with our Players In The News report.

Have a great rest of your Tuesday.

J

Joe Bryant - Owner - Footballguys.com

Still can`t believe I lost this week in the dynasty week. Cutler sitting on the bench and Turner getting injured when he was having a huge game.

Nucky Thompson

Still can`t believe I lost this week in the dynasty week. Cutler sitting on the bench and Turner getting injured when he was having a huge game.

I had Demeryius Thomas on the bench as he was a doubt all week and he scored 19.70 points :rolleyes: I still beat you by 29 points though :whistling:

I had Demeryius Thomas on the bench as he was a doubt all week and he scored 19.70 points :rolleyes: I still beat you by 29 points though :whistling:

Aye you did, but snelling scored 40 points, most would have gone too Turner, and Cutlers 30 could have made the difference.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Can't believe I'm 2-0, I've been V.lucky so far as I have no Rb's.

I have no WRs and MJD has been rubbish so far, yet I'm 2-0 as well! :laugh:

Sterling Archer

I have no WRs and MJD has been rubbish so far, yet I'm 2-0 as well! :laugh:

It's a nice feeling knowing the only way is up!

Hi Folks,

Big news out of Philadelphia as ESPN is reporting that coach Andy Reid will name Mike Vick his starting QB. This is a significant change from what Reid has been saying.

Aye, it's been all over the news here. The dog lovers have all been silenced by a couple of great performances... :rolleyes:

Battle of the 0-2's this weekend with the Thunder and the Chargers.

Can't wait unsure.gif

If my QB can get score points( week1 - 1.32pts, week 2 - 5.06pts) I have a chance this week :whistling:

Marcedes Lewis dropped for Correll Buckhalter

Good luck FJ, may the 15th best team win :rolleyes:

Sterling Archer

Gutted, Dropped Mike Wallace this week... 2 receptions so far, 2 TDs for 87yds

Guess there's no chance of me trading for him now :(

Geoff Kilpatrick

It's scary when your best receiver is a rookie TE. :(

The Falcons and Saints are headed to OT. I take it OT counts for Fantasy purposes?

Sterling Archer

It's scary when your best receiver is a rookie TE. :(

The Falcons and Saints are headed to OT. I take it OT counts for Fantasy purposes?

Yeah it does.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Guess there's no chance of me trading for him now :(

I always liked Wallace, But just the past 2 weeks due to the QB 'crisis' in Pitt, i decided to try other options, nearly worked last week, failed miserably this week.

DeMarcusWareCowboys.jpg

GIRFUY

Just back from the game. Hope you enjoyed watching the scores roll in on t'internet.

Texans were utterly gash the day and Johnson was clearly not fit, but never mind, still top of the AFC South and Oakland up next week. Dallas Utd and their tedious glory-hunting fans will still be bottom of the NFC East this time next week.

:thumbsup:

:facepalm:

Brandon Lloyd over 100 yards and a touchdown, and I dropped him!

Stephen Jackson coming off at the half may swing it your way. Three left to play for you, one for me. Hopefully the Packers have a 'mare.

I'm also left hoping that Braylon Edwards has a good game & Ronnie Brown a bad one - which is pretty shit given I'm a Fin. :yucky:

Still relying on unofficial Live Scoring, but looks like the Steamers have snatched a close one to go 3-0.

No bad start, considering one of the rankings placed me at 16th for 2010. :thumbsup:

Just back from the game. Hope you enjoyed watching the scores roll in on t'internet.

Texans were utterly gash the day and Johnson was clearly not fit, but never mind, still top of the AFC South and Oakland up next week. Dallas Utd and their tedious glory-hunting fans will still be bottom of the NFC East this time next week.

:thumbsup:

Considering how bad the Giants are looking, I'm not sure this will be correct. We may even move up the standings next week despite it being our bye week. Also I've followed the NFL since 1999 and supported the Cowboys since them, meaning I've seen us win 0 Championships and 1 play-off game. So this statement I believe does not apply to me.

Despite the tremendous performance from Roy Williams it appears I am heading for 0-3, unless Brandon Jackson has a 20+ points game on Monday night. My decision to bench Justin Forsett for Fred Jackson looks as if it has cost me 10+ points and a chance at my first victory of the season verymad.gif

So this statement I believe does not apply to me.

Assuming you aren't a Houstonian who supports Dallas, then your belief is correct.

With the 109th Pick of the draft SD Chargers select Darren McFadden

Bit early to tell, but......bargain :woot: One of the few good ones for me, though hopefully Bush doesn't cut into his numbers now he's back. Also Louis Murphy(182nd) seems to be a great pick.

Anyone else thinking they've picked up a bargain so far? Austin Collie(113th), Arion Foster(133rd) :blink:

On the other side of it..I don't think Larry Fitz will have a first round pick season..flacco(4th round) I could have went for Cutler :yucky: And Houshmandzedeh(118th) Was a complete waste with still some very good talent unselected(Mike Williams(TB), Dexter McCluster and Eddie Royal)

Already looking forward to wasting my 2011 draft picks :thumbsup:

With the 109th Pick of the draft SD Chargers select Darren McFadden

Bit early to tell, but......bargain :woot: One of the few good ones for me, though hopefully Bush doesn't cut into his numbers now he's back. Also Louis Murphy(182nd) seems to be a great pick.

Anyone else thinking they've picked up a bargain so far? Austin Collie(113th), Arion Foster(133rd) :blink:

On the other side of it..I don't think Larry Fitz will have a first round pick season..flacco(4th round) I could have went for Cutler :yucky: And Houshmandzedeh(118th) Was a complete waste with still some very good talent unselected(Mike Williams(TB), Dexter McCluster and Eddie Royal)

Already looking forward to wasting my 2011 draft picks :thumbsup:

Undrafted free agent Mark Clayton.

Early days but 141st pick on Roy Williams doesn't looks as daft as some thought. Also I like Steve Breaston as the 81st pick.

Wasted pick? Just about every other pick I've made. Carson Palmer, 1st round? Oh dear.

Not a single reception for Fitzgerald in the first half. He might be joining Brandon Marshall on the block :whistling:

hmmm, Marshall no longer on the block? would be interested.... :thumbsup: