**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Rick Grimes

love the Iglesias pick - great value in the 23rd round, but you didn't nip him from me this time. going with Mike Williams for my gamble.... :)

Edited by Florian Schneider

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Sterling Archer

love the Iglesias pick - great value in the 23rd round, but you didn't nip him from me this time. going with Mike Williams for my gamble.... :)

Was looking at my draft list (i've just filled it with high upside guys now) and he's the one that stood out. I also like the Williams pick as unlike Chicago there's not really anyone to throw to in Seattle and the guy had 1st round talent at one point!

You're right though, all picks at this point are total gambles. We're so close to being finished aswell.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Was looking at my draft list (i've just filled it with high upside guys now) and he's the one that stood out. I also like the Williams pick as unlike Chicago there's not really anyone to throw to in Seattle and the guy had 1st round talent at one point!

You're right though, all picks at this point are total gambles. We're so close to being finished aswell.

Thank God! :P

Rick Grimes

just kickers required now.... then we move to the taxi squad. when does that open up?

overall, pretty happy with my squad - got a good starting team though if I get a few injuries I'll likely be struggling - its a very young squad so potential for multi-busts.

Sterling Archer

just kickers required now.... then we move to the taxi squad. when does that open up?

overall, pretty happy with my squad - got a good starting team though if I get a few injuries I'll likely be struggling - its a very young squad so potential for multi-busts.

That'll open up as soon as the draft finishes, we'll be using the Blind Bid waivers unless there is a massive shift in the voting.

Say the draft finishes this friday you'd have till tuesday to place your bids and after that point players would get awarded.

I'm pretty happy with my team too, was going through everyones rosters earlier in the week and looking at potential starting lineups. I don't expect much this year from my team but they should be good to go next year.

Rick Grimes

ah cool, never done blind bids before. how much money do we get & is it only for the Taxi squad filling or is it to last us the whole season?

Sterling Archer

ah cool, never done blind bids before. how much money do we get & is it only for the Taxi squad filling or is it to last us the whole season?

500 virtual dollars to last you the WHOLE SEASON, spend it wisely. You don't need to fill your taxi squad if you don't want to.

and one final decision to make...... one kicker or two..... hmmmmmmmmm.

I'm going with 1 Kicker and 1 D. The voting seems to be favouring limiting it to 2 each so that means you can also cover your bye from the WW.

Rick Grimes

500 virtual dollars to last you the WHOLE SEASON, spend it wisely. You don't need to fill your taxi squad if you don't want to.

I'm going with 1 Kicker and 1 D. The voting seems to be favouring limiting it to 2 each so that means you can also cover your bye from the WW.

any suggestions on bid sizes? i take it small if you think no-one else will be sniffing round, large if the opposite.

Sterling Archer

any suggestions on bid sizes? i take it small if you think no-one else will be sniffing round, large if the opposite.

I'd imagine most bids will be pretty small as pickups will be deep sleepers, if it was a smaller league a guy like Miles Austin after he went off last year would be worth a ton.

I'll be bidding a dollar or two to fill the taxi sqaud.

Almost finished guys liking my team at the moment strong at QB and RB. Depends how my WR preform, hoping Knox can have a breakout season and Nannee can nail down at least WR2 in San Diego. Disappointed in my TE picks saw Gonzalez and went for him I maybe get a year or two out of him.

Regarding my ESPN league I have have about 7 replies who want to go ahead so what I might do is just keep it at that (or maybe 10) and make it a top auction league where there will be allot of good players about, any thoughts just email me.

Sterling Archer

Almost finished guys liking my team at the moment strong at QB and RB. Depends how my WR preform, hoping Knox can have a breakout season and Nannee can nail down at least WR2 in San Diego. Disappointed in my TE picks saw Gonzalez and went for him I maybe get a year or two out of him.

Regarding my ESPN league I have have about 7 replies who want to go ahead so what I might do is just keep it at that (or maybe 10) and make it a top auction league where there will be allot of good players about, any thoughts just email me.

Don't know if I got back to you before, I'm up for it though, ideally 12 teams though.

Don't know if I got back to you before, I'm up for it though, ideally 12 teams though.

Hi Holy, I included you in that as well. I would be number 8 and a guy at my work would be number 9 if anyone knows anyone who want to join feel free to ask, i`m fine with 12 mate.

So far

Queensferry Dolphins

Kaunas Buckeyes

Corstorphine cowboys

Jambo Broncos

Corstorphine Steelers

Booboy bengals

SD Chargers

I`m sure Forrester thunder said yes a few weeks ago (if you could confim that would be great).

Nos so far

Clevland steamers

Invernessies

Goldenacre giants

Thanks for the replies guy`s

If the other 5 guys could reply then i could open up if needed.

thanks

Sterling Archer

Hi Holy, I included you in that as well. I would be number 8 and a guy at my work would be number 9 if anyone knows anyone who want to join feel free to ask, i`m fine with 12 mate.

So far

Queensferry Dolphins

Kaunas Buckeyes

Corstorphine cowboys

Jambo Broncos

Corstorphine Steelers

Booboy bengals

SD Chargers

I`m sure Forrester thunder said yes a few weeks ago (if you could confim that would be great).

Nos so far

Clevland steamers

Invernessies

Goldenacre giants

thanks

I just think much less than 12 and the leagues become too easy as everyone has great players at each position.

Nucky Thompson

Too late to get in on this?

I think you'll be OK to join the ESPN league that The man in black is organizing.

So far

Queensferry Dolphins

Kaunas Buckeyes

Corstorphine cowboys

Jambo Broncos

Corstorphine Steelers

Booboy bengals

SD Chargers

Nos so far

Clevland steamers

Invernessies

Goldenacre giants

thanks

To be fair, I'd rather just put all my energy into concentrating on one team. Having a couple of teams in different leagues dilutes it for me slightly.

But if you are desperate then I will help your numbers out... and win that league too.

Rick Grimes

I see the who's who post got deleted. any chance of sticking it up without the real names?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

So far

Queensferry Dolphins

Kaunas Buckeyes

Corstorphine cowboys

Jambo Broncos

Corstorphine Steelers

Booboy bengals

SD Chargers

Nos so far

Clevland steamers

Invernessies

Goldenacre giants

thanks

Thanks for the offer, But i must decline.

Sterling Archer

I see the who's who post got deleted. any chance of sticking it up without the real names?

Will do tomorrow

Sterling Archer

Franchise JKB Username

Forrester Thunder Forrester Jambo

Melbourne Patriots Geoff Kilpatrick

Queensferry Dolphins The Man In Black

SD Chargers Bringbackjefferies

Inversneck 75'ers Florian Schneider

Gorgie Patriots Tom Heaney

Prestonpans Pirates Sir Digby's Chicken Caesar

Dunedin Buccaneers Big Chip Butty

Goldenacre Giants elvisisgod

Darth Ewing Colts Darth Ewing

BooBoys Bengals The Boo

Corstorphine Cowboys Gibby

Jambo Broncos Martin

Kaunas Buckeyes The Holy Spirit

Cleveland Steamers Peebo

Edited by The Holy Spirit

Quite incredible that I got a starting NFL QB in the 23rd round of this draft. I've got real depth at the QB position now. Not much use when only one can start at a time but it will at least give me decent options and something to trade with should I need to upgrade at other positions.

Also happy to get Gage. Yet again I've managed to pick someone up that I seriously considered taking with an earlier pick. I've got Kenny Britt so Gage is insurance should Britt get injured or somehow fail to win the starting job.

Nucky Thompson

Quite incredible that I got a starting NFL QB in the 23rd round of this draft.

Any one of three can be the starting QB in Buffalo, you should have a better idea after training camp.

Sterling Archer

Quite incredible that I got a starting NFL QB in the 23rd round of this draft. I've got real depth at the QB position now. Not much use when only one can start at a time but it will at least give me decent options and something to trade with should I need to upgrade at other positions.

Also happy to get Gage. Yet again I've managed to pick someone up that I seriously considered taking with an earlier pick. I've got Kenny Britt so Gage is insurance should Britt get injured or somehow fail to win the starting job.

Chan Gailey has turned some pretty average qb's (tyler thigpen for example) into fantasy relevant qb's. I just think that the 2011 Buffalo starting QB is probably in the NCAA right now. Still, in the 23rd round you've got nothing to lose.

Quite incredible that I got a starting NFL QB in the 23rd round of this draft.

I may yet have got one in the 24th round...

Sterling Archer

Now what are we going to do for 40 days? :unsure:

Scour the waiver wire and relax

Rick Grimes

what's going to happen to the guys with 25 on the roster already? pick up & immediately drop someone or onto the taxi squad?

Sterling Archer

what's going to happen to the guys with 25 on the roster already? pick up & immediately drop someone or onto the taxi squad?

I presume you mean after the draft? You can't put drafted guys on the taxi squad but whoever you pick up won't count against your 25 man roster.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Guys, just heading to bed but my auto pick doesn't seem to have worked. Confused.com.

I'll take any kicker - not fussed.

Rick Grimes

I presume you mean after the draft? You can't put drafted guys on the taxi squad but whoever you pick up won't count against your 25 man roster.

Guys, just heading to bed but my auto pick doesn't seem to have worked. Confused.com.

No, I mean for people who, due to trades, have already made 25 picks. that's why Geoff's autopick will be stuffed...... he has a full roster.

So far

Queensferry Dolphins

Kaunas Buckeyes

Corstorphine cowboys

Jambo Broncos

Corstorphine Steelers

Booboy bengals

SD Chargers

Nos so far

Thats Darth Ewings Colts now added.

Clevland steamers

Invernessies

Goldenacre giants

thanks

Sterling Archer

No, I mean for people who, due to trades, have already made 25 picks. that's why Geoff's autopick will be stuffed...... he has a full roster.

Wow, didn't even realise thatt. So that's where my pick went cause I'm going to end up with 24!

I've moved Kerry Meier to the taxi squad for the meantime. It's up to geoff what he wants to do with guys after the draft, I put him there cause he's young and won't see much action early on in the year.

Sorry about the delay guys. Just to clarify rules about the taxi squad though incase anyone has forgotten.

15.) Taxi Squad: Each franchise has a taxi squad limit of 5 players. The purpose of the taxi squad is to allow franchise to develop young talent outside of their active roster.

a.) Taxi squad players are not part of an active roster and cannot be used in a franchise starting lineup. Players can only be added to a franchise taxi squad from the free agent pool, they cannot be moved from the franchise active roster as a means of accomodating extra players.

b.) To use a taxi squad player as part of a weekly lineup they must be added to an active roster, if there is no roster spots left then a player must be dropped to make room for the incoming taxi player.

c.) Once a taxi player has been promoted they cannot be moved back to the taxi squad. This is a simple one way process and does not allow for teams to effectively utilise 30 roster spots by moving players back and forth.

d.) Accquiring players from another franchise's taxi squad - To stop teams from collecting young players and keeping them on a taxi squad once they have developed it is possible to accquire a player from another taxi squad. The price to do so is the next year's 1st round pick. If a franchise does not have a 1st round pick then they cannot accquire a player from a taxi squad. Once a team has offered to give up their 1st round pick for a player the franchise that currently owns the player has the right to either add them to their full roster (and make cuts if necessary) or let the player go.

e.) Adding players to the Taxi squad - Players will be added to the taxi squad using the blind bidding waiver rules used throughout the rest of the season.

Wow, didn't even realise thatt. So that's where my pick went cause I'm going to end up with 24!

I've moved Kerry Meier to the taxi squad for the meantime. It's up to geoff what he wants to do with guys after the draft, I put him there cause he's young and won't see much action early on in the year.

Sorry about the delay guys. Just to clarify rules about the taxi squad though incase anyone has forgotten.

15.) Taxi Squad: Each franchise has a taxi squad limit of 5 players. The purpose of the taxi squad is to allow franchise to develop young talent outside of their active roster.

a.) Taxi squad players are not part of an active roster and cannot be used in a franchise starting lineup. Players can only be added to a franchise taxi squad from the free agent pool, they cannot be moved from the franchise active roster as a means of accomodating extra players.

b.) To use a taxi squad player as part of a weekly lineup they must be added to an active roster, if there is no roster spots left then a player must be dropped to make room for the incoming taxi player.

c.) Once a taxi player has been promoted they cannot be moved back to the taxi squad. This is a simple one way process and does not allow for teams to effectively utilise 30 roster spots by moving players back and forth.

d.) Accquiring players from another franchise's taxi squad - To stop teams from collecting young players and keeping them on a taxi squad once they have developed it is possible to accquire a player from another taxi squad. The price to do so is the next year's 1st round pick. If a franchise does not have a 1st round pick then they cannot accquire a player from a taxi squad. Once a team has offered to give up their 1st round pick for a player the franchise that currently owns the player has the right to either add them to their full roster (and make cuts if necessary) or let the player go.

e.) Adding players to the Taxi squad - Players will be added to the taxi squad using the blind bidding waiver rules used throughout the rest of the season.

Can you have a third PK or DEF on your Taxi Squad? :whistling:

Sterling Archer

Hmmm. <_<

Well I suppose if the vote goes that way, still a few people to vote, it closes soon.

Well I suppose if the vote goes that way, still a few people to vote, it closes soon.

Hmmm...but I had assumed the vote was regarding the restrictions applied the the active rosters?

Sterling Archer

Hmmm...but I had assumed the vote was regarding the restrictions applied the the active rosters?

I'm on my phone at the moment but will start another poll later. Fairest way to decide

I'm on my phone at the moment but will start another poll later. Fairest way to decide

No big deal...just wondering whether or not it's worth going for that final defence...

Damn Cedric Benson has been cleared and no ban, was hoping my guy Bernard Scott would get a run.

Damn Cedric Benson has been cleared and no ban, was hoping my guy Bernard Scott would get a run.

Thank god :thumbsup: my only top drawer RB

Just down a mock auction on ESPN. ten teams..ended up with

QB Brett Favre, Matt Ryan

RB DeAngelo Williams, Ryan Mathews, Joseph Addai, Justin Forsett, Montario Hardesty

WR Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Steve Smith, Robert Meachem, T.J. Houshmandzadeh

TE Vernon Davis, Chris Cooley

D/ST Cowboys D/ST

K Nate Kaeding

Decent team I thought :thumbsup:

Wow the rams have just given Sam bradford a 6 year deal worth $78 million dollars $50 million guaranteed .NFL record. Way to much.

This was my last 10 man auction team.

QB Joe Flacco, Bal QB

@NYJ

Mon 7:00 17 196 12.3 -- -- 1st 62.5 100.0 +0

RB Frank Gore, SF RB

@Sea

Sun 4:15 6 214 13.4 -- -- 25th 100.0 100.0 +0

RB DeAngelo Williams, Car RB P

@NYG

Sun 1:00 13 166 10.4 -- -- 19th 100.0 100.0 +0

RB/WR Jonathan Stewart, Car RB Q

@NYG

Sun 1:00 11 178 11.1 -- -- 19th 95.6 100.0 +0

WR DeSean Jackson, Phi WR

GB

Sun 4:15 4 190 11.9 -- -- 14th 100.0 100.0 +0

WR Miles Austin, Dal WR

@Was

Sun 8:20 3 194 12.1 -- -- 17th 100.0 100.0 +0

TE Dallas Clark, Ind TE

@Hou

Sun 1:00 2 163 10.2 -- -- 15th 100.0 100.0 +0

D/ST Ravens D/ST, Bal D/ST

@NYJ

Mon 7:00 5 153 9.6 -- -- 20th 91.7 100.0 +0

K Mason Crosby, GB K

@Phi

Sun 4:15 8 128 8.0 -- -- 14th 94.1 100.0 +0

BENCH WK 1 2009 SEASON WEEK 1

SLOT PLAYER, TEAM POS ACTION OPP STATUS ET PRK PTS AVG LAST PROJ OPRK %ST %OWN +/-

Bench Hakeem Nicks, NYG WR

Car

Sun 1:00 27 109 6.8 -- -- 2nd 29.6 100.0 +0

Bench Johnny Knox, Chi WR

Det

Sun 1:00 47 80 5.0 -- -- 30th 7.2 99.1 +0.2

Bench Dez Bryant, Dal WR Q

@Was

Sun 8:20 -- -- -- -- -- 17th 22.9 100.0 +0

Bench Justin Forsett, Sea RB

SF

Sun 4:15 34 112 7.0 -- -- 11th 19.3 100.0 +0

Bench Ahmad Bradshaw, NYG RB P

Car

Sun 1:00 28 127 7.9 -- -- 24th 3.6 98.0 -0.2

Bench Donovan McNabb, Was QB

Dal

Sun 8:20 10 223 13.9 -- -- 14th 20.6 100.0 +0

Bench Chad Henne, Mia QB

@Buf

Sun 1:00 22 136 8.5 -- -- 2nd 9.4 94.7 +0

Sterling Archer

Wow the rams have just given Sam bradford a 6 year deal worth $78 million dollars $50 million guaranteed .NFL record. Way to much.

Not if he ends up like Manning, it's actually only a million more guaranteed than Stafford last year.