**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Big day today, first full day of the new season :woot: Tempted to stay up for the Cowboys/Redskins game and forget about Jets/Ravens tomorrow.

Expecting a first week loss on here against Prestonpan Pirates though :down:

Quick question, didn't we decide to restrict PK/DEF to 2 per team? :whistling:

When we eliminated the taxi squad we eliminated the limits.

Really looking forward to the game tonight, hopefully Dallas make use of their new toy at Wr

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

At last the day has come few beers chilling in the fridge bottle of voddie at the ready, and the day off tomorrow. Looking forward to the late match. Was going to get sky sports at half price but I can`t find my code I was sent. If anyone is interested the live cast scoring on espn is fantastic.

I'll watch the 1st Sky game and tape the 2nd one along with the later game.

Boo do you think there will be any sites online I could stream for the 9pm match.

Thanks boo thats a great stream watching titans game and the bears. Johnson just ran for 80 yards and cutler just had a 89 yard pass. Good for my teams.

Nucky Thompson

It's tight at the moment Boo. Nicks doing the business. I'm v.short at Rb with bush and wells both out.

I'm the opposite, I'm short at WR.

Gambled and started Stafford ahead of Flacco for this week, Stafford goes off injured and gets me a grand total of 1.32points :rolleyes:

Texans 10 points up on the colts. 4th quarter just started.

Thank god I dropped Favre and Berrian. Will expect better from them. Brees did`nt do to much harm against me so hoping Cutler can bring in at least 25 points.

Cutler got you your 25+ points :(

Arien Foster 223 yards and 3 TD. Holey moley. :blink:

Just back from the game. Foster was sensational. Atmosphere absolutely electric, and a superb opening victory for the Texans.

Cannae wait for the Cowboys visit in two weeks... :thumbsup:

Just back from the game. Foster was sensational. Atmosphere absolutely electric, and a superb opening victory for the Texans.

Cannae wait for the Cowboys visit in two weeks... :thumbsup:

Could be your year to get to the playoffs.

Jeez-o that was close for the Redskins, but delighted they held on. Get it right up the Cowboys.

Sometimes, I can't help but feel the whole thing is a fix...the amount of big televised games that go down to the last second is crazy...

How does the IR work? I have one player on the IR list, and 29 other players. Should I still be able to add one more player to my squad through wires? As right now It tells me I have to drop one player before it will take my bid.

Sterling Archer

How does the IR work? I have one player on the IR list, and 29 other players. Should I still be able to add one more player to my squad through wires? As right now It tells me I have to drop one player before it will take my bid.

You should be able to have 30 players and any that are on IR seperately? I'll have a look later for you.

You should be able to have 30 players and any that are on IR seperately? I'll have a look later for you.

Put in my bids yesterday and it seems to be working all right now :thumbsup:

Considering putting Brandon Marshall up for a trade for a Running Back if anyone's interested.

Sterling Archer

Considering putting Brandon Marshall up for a trade for a Running Back if anyone's interested.

Think the problem is it assumes you'll win all your bids. So if you've got 29 guys you could only bid for one person without dropping someone. Any other bids would need you to drop someone.

I'd be interested in Marshall but unfortunately ive got no Rbs either, I had to start Michael Bennett last week!

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'll give you Laurence Maroney. Seems like a fair swap to me! :stuart:

Where are all the tempting offers for Marshall? :whistling:

all deals involving the following will be seriously considered:

Michael Turner.

Steven Jackson.

Jamaal Charles.

Ryan Mathews.

LeSean McCoy.

Knoshown Moreno.

Beanie Wells.

Matt Forte.

Pierre Thomas.

doesn't have to be straight swap, can involve other players and 2011 draft picks going either way :thumbsup:

Ryan Grant out for the season. That'd be, my first round draft choice, OUT FOR THE ******* SEASON.

Kenny Britt also looks like he's going to be as productive as Roy Williams. Although I'm hoping Mark Clayton continues his week one heroics. I don't even want to get into what is wrong with my running back situation. An untried back-up starting and a bunch of back-ups.

The Cowboys getting beat was an absolute sickener. I was dancing around the living room tonight (having taped the game) until I heard the dreaded, "there is a flag on the play."

In short, week one ******* sucked.

Rant over.

The Cowboys getting beat was an absolute sickener. I was dancing around the living room tonight (having taped the game) until I heard the dreaded, "there is a flag on the play."

I suspect you weren't the only person doing that. Oh, how I laughed. :thumbsup:

Sterling Archer

Ryan Grant out for the season. That'd be, my first round draft choice, OUT FOR THE ******* SEASON.

Kenny Britt also looks like he's going to be as productive as Roy Williams. Although I'm hoping Mark Clayton continues his week one heroics. I don't even want to get into what is wrong with my running back situation. An untried back-up starting and a bunch of back-ups.

In short, week one ******* sucked.

Rant over.

Yeah that sucks about Grant. Altleast you've got Jackson who should be a lead back and get most of the work grant did. GB really likes him so its looking like a great move to trade for him while you did.

Sterling Archer

I suspect you weren't the only person doing that. Oh, how I laughed. :thumbsup:

I was a bit gutted but only because I had Romo in the other league. Barron is horrific. I'd make a better Rt.

Yeah that sucks about Grant. Altleast you've got Jackson who should be a lead back and get most of the work grant did. GB really likes him so its looking like a great move to trade for him while you did.

Yeah, thank **** for that. Cheers again to gibby for folding so easily on that trade thumbsup.gif

Let`s hope my RB`s fire this week, Gore did`t have much chance last week as the whole of the 49 `ers stunk. Turner was playing against a tough match up at heinz field so I will forgive him. mmm Mr.Greene I am a bit worried about, played against a tough ravens, but he looked awful. Lets hope he improves as I gave up a WR 1/2 for him.

Sterling Archer

Let`s hope my RB`s fire this week, Gore did`t have much chance last week as the whole of the 49 `ers stunk. Turner was playing against a tough match up at heinz field so I will forgive him. mmm Mr.Greene I am a bit worried about, played against a tough ravens, but he looked awful. Lets hope he improves as I gave up a WR 1/2 for him.

Let's hope mine atleast see the field!

Yeah, thank **** for that. Cheers again to gibby for folding so easily on that trade thumbsup.gif

Still waiting on that pint by the way :food-smiley-004:

Just as well I did mate looks like Jake is out for a few weeks now and Big Ben still has three games.

My gamble starting 3 RB's and leaving out Eddie Royal last week back fired big time would have won me the game :mw_confused:

I was a bit gutted but only because I had Romo in the other league. Barron is horrific. I'd make a better Rt.

Barron is absoulute tourture bring back Hotel Flozzell at least he could block

Still waiting on that pint by the way :food-smiley-004:

Just as well I did mate looks like Jake is out for a few weeks now and Big Ben still has three games.

My gamble starting 3 RB's and leaving out Eddie Royal last week back fired big time would have won me the game :mw_confused:

You in the Corrie tomorrow? I could ask to be dropped off after the Inverness game, that'll be around 7ish.

For the entire first half of the game I could not believe how many quick throws we were doing. The line seemed to be holding up better than expected and you just wanted them to get it down the ******* field. But it turns out the coaches were right on that one. As soon as we restored to longer drops, Barron just couldn't block. The silver lining is that Doug Free looked twice the player he did in the playoffs last season at left tackle and with everyone fit I don't think we'll miss Flozell.

I'm regretting reaching to take Roy Williams now. I liked some of the sounds coming from him in pre-season but it seems like the trust between him and Romo just isn't there. They barely looked his way all game. Also, I'm not certain but I'm sure he dropped that long pass from Romo, although they never showed a replay to confirm whether it was broken up by their CB or not.

Looks like another bad week on the way. Palmer less than 150 yds, Jackson held to under 40, Breaston with 2 catches for 7 yards, Fasano without a catch and the Dallas D without a turnover. Have Moss, Forsset and Clayton playing in the later game, need a big return from them.

Plus the Cowboys are down by 3 and could be on their way to 0-2.

second top scorer on the week so far & still losing :(

hopefully my men in play can turn it round. fantastic day for Jahvid Best tho :thumbsup:

That's my fantasy season done, Ryan Matthews appears to have broken his leg and is done for the season. down.gif

Brandon Jackson was used in a committee today which I can only imagine they'll stick with. Means I am also without a featured back in my squad.

0-2. Better start paying more attention to college football to see who I'm going to select with the first pick of the next draft.

Seriously, my team is rotten.