• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Sterling Archer

I bid the exact same as Jambos Broncos for Kareem Huggins but lost out :rolleyes: How does that work?

Equal bids are split by who bid that amount first, he beat you by 2 hours.

Harvin in a real bad way with his migraines, was carried off practise today in an ambulance. With Rice banged up, it`s looking good for Berrian (though real shame about Harvin, a real talent).

Sterling Archer

Sidney Rice has just had hip surgery and will likely miss first half of the season at least.

Be careful taking him on upcoming auction.

Is there anyway to see all your players projected scores for the opening week? I know that once you've submitted your team you can see most the projections on the match preview screen, but Is there a way to see projections for your full squad? Also, the projections for rookies seem to be missing? :unsure:

Sterling Archer

Will investigate both of these and get back to you shortly, which player do you want to move?

Sterling Archer

Is there anyway to see all your players projected scores for the opening week? I know that once you've submitted your team you can see most the projections on the match preview screen, but Is there a way to see projections for your full squad? Also, the projections for rookies seem to be missing? :unsure:

http://64.73.54.63/2010/options?L=54832&O=169

Week one projections haven't been done yet, those seem to be pretty random. They'll be done nearer the time, was panicked when I saw mine.

any way to move TS players to my IR list?

Done

Sterling Archer

Rice`s injury could be the difference if I make the play-offs or not.

TBH I don't think it will. You're pretty set anyway.

Sterling Archer

ta.

Waiver Wire appears to have gone a bit tonto.... :)

There's always a new preseason flavour of the week.

Sterling Archer

I've been considering the idea of eliminating the Taxi Squad and simply moving the roster limit to 30 each.

Thoughts?

Poll also added to the league site.

I've been considering the idea of eliminating the Taxi Squad and simply moving the roster limit to 30 each.

Thoughts?

seems sensible - TS looked to be a pain in the bottom. why a limit of 2 on IR btw?

Sterling Archer

seems sensible - TS looked to be a pain in the bottom. why a limit of 2 on IR btw?

I'll see how the vote plays out but I'm starting to feel the same way. It's not like the guys between 25-30 are really worth all that much.

It was just the default. I think it's because you can change what qualifies as IR (you could set it to people that are just out). As we've got it set so that only people actually on IR are eligible it can't really be exploited. I'll up it to 8 or something.

Thoughts?

Not fussed, but increasing to 30 and canning the Taxi Squad would probably get rid of what is a pretty unimportant complication.

With a squad of 30, I definitely think the restriction on the number of PK and DEF should be removed.

Sterling Archer

Not fussed, but increasing to 30 and canning the Taxi Squad would probably get rid of what is a pretty unimportant complication.

With a squad of 30, I definitely think the restriction on the number of PK and DEF should be removed.

On holiday at the moment, if vote stays in favour of this for the end of the week I'll make the change, will also remove posiitonal limits.

Sterling Archer

I've just made the change, roster limits are lifted. I've moved all taxi squad players back to regular rosters

http://www.nfluk.com/news/football-is-coming-home-to-channel-4-010910.html :thumbsup:

Great news. That's all the coverage complete:

Sky Sports - two lives games every Sunday (6 p.m. and 9 p.m.), plus Thursday and Saturday night games throughout the season and every playoff game live, including Super Bowl XLV from North Texas, on Sunday February 6.

Channel Four - Sunday Night Football every week.

ESPN - live Monday Night Football every week (1.30 a.m.)

Sterling Archer

http://www.nfluk.com/news/football-is-coming-home-to-channel-4-010910.html :thumbsup:

Sky Sports - two lives games every Sunday (6 p.m. and 9 p.m.), plus Thursday and Saturday night games throughout the season and every playoff game live, including Super Bowl XLV from North Texas, on Sunday February 6.

That channel 4 news has made my week, thanks for the update, so excited for the new season starting, my lineup has taken a few hits though. I'll need to make a few changes to the waiver period once the season starts to allow people to pick a guy up at short notice on gameday. Won't be changing the normal waivers though, thoughts?

Ah! I see Cleveland Steamers beat me in the battle to sign up the last remaining defence.

I have to hold my hands up, he just plain wanted it more.

Of course the first weekend of the NFL season is when I am on holiday. Gonna tape the Cowboys game on the Sunday night and watch it when I get back. I'm not sure how many Ibiza bars have channel four and I'm willing to bet fewer would be willing to show an NFL game at 2 in the morning.

Edited by ForresterJambo

http://www.nfluk.com...l-4-010910.html :thumbsup:

It is indeed great news.

We're going to be NFL'd oot our tits!

Ah! I see Cleveland Steamers beat me in the battle to sign up the last remaining defence.

I have to hold my hands up, he just plain wanted it more.

Possibly overpaid somewhat, but probably the only free agent I've signed that might be of any use.

Of course the first weekend of the NFL season is when I am on holiday. Gonna tape the Cowboys game on the Sunday night and watch it when I get back. I'm not sure how many Ibiza bars have channel four and I'm willing to bet fewer would be willing to show an NFL game at 2 in the morning.

On the first weekend of the season, I will be sitting in my season ticket seat at what could already be a pretty decisive game in the AFC South :thumbsup:

To be fair, I'd probably rather be in Ibiza :ermm:

Edited by Peebo

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Agree with the Taxi squad being removed, But not sure why the roster limits were taken off as a result.

Although it doesn't directly affect my team, I still think the previous vote from the Roster limit should stand.

Sterling Archer

Cuts are coming thick and fast now, will need to reload my younger prospects after many didn't make the team.

Cuts are coming thick and fast now, will need to reload my younger prospects after many didn't make the team.

Thats Stokley out for the season in Denver, what the f k are they doing there. that`s about 5 players out with season ending injuries. :down:

Edited by No.4

Matt leinhart dumped from the cards.

Also

Michael Clayton, Buccaneers

Josh Reed, Chargers

Pat White, Dolphins

James Hardy, Bills

Javon Walker, Vikings

David Martin, Dolphins

Samkon Gado, Titans

Chad Jackson, Bills

Sam Aiken, Patriots

Troy Smith, Ravens (bad day to be a Heisman winner; see: Leinart, Matt)

Demetrius Williams, Ravens

Kenny Moore, Panthers

Derek Schouman, Bills

Cornelius Ingram, Eagles (waived, but might be placed on IR)

Andre Brown, Giants

Kris Brown, Texans

Chase Coffman, Bengals

Brandon Stokley, Broncos (placed on IR)

Sterling Archer

Matt leinhart dumped from the cards.

Also

Michael Clayton, Buccaneers

Josh Reed, Chargers

Pat White, Dolphins

James Hardy, Bills

Javon Walker, Vikings

David Martin, Dolphins

Samkon Gado, Titans

Chad Jackson, Bills

Sam Aiken, Patriots

Troy Smith, Ravens (bad day to be a Heisman winner; see: Leinart, Matt)

Demetrius Williams, Ravens

Kenny Moore, Panthers

Derek Schouman, Bills

Cornelius Ingram, Eagles (waived, but might be placed on IR)

Andre Brown, Giants

Kris Brown, Texans

Chase Coffman, Bengals

Brandon Stokley, Broncos (placed on IR)

Across my two dynasty teams I owned a lot of guys that got cut today

Crompton

J.Williams

J.bell

L.miller

Troy smith

Andre brown

I expect more to come out shortly as well.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I've a major headache at QB now that Leinart has been cut. Thankfully I drafted Anderson as well who will be the starter.

The upside for me is that my late WR drafts in Branch and Crayton have been uprated! :)

Sterling Archer

When do the projections come out rico?

Not too sure. I'm sure it said the Tuesday before the regular season starts which doesn't give much time for the opener. When setting your lineup there should be a link at the top for lineup advice, it should tell you there.

Not too sure. I'm sure it said the Tuesday before the regular season starts which doesn't give much time for the opener. When setting your lineup there should be a link at the top for lineup advice, it should tell you there.

Yes I tried the link up with fantasy sharks. It said my 2 running backs should be len dale white and lex hilliard for the opener :blink: , clearly not updated yet. Looking forward to this now, it`s also great news that c4 picked up the sunday night game as I don`t work mondays.

Sterling Archer

I've submitted some more waiver bids. When do I hear about them?

Waivers run from Sunday till Wednesday midnight. Highest bid at that time wins. I'll be making a change to the periods shortly so that some waivers can occur between Thursday and the start if games on a Sunday (currently you can't pick anyone up in that time)

Sterling Archer

As I posted above I've updated the waiver periods so that there will always be the ability to submit waivers.

The new waiver system is as follows:

Blind bidding waiver period will run as before between 6pm on Sunday (Kickoff of most games) until midnight each Wednesday, at which point the top bid will win and the player will be awarded.

There will then be another Blind Bid period starting straight away running from Thursday morning until Saturday midnight, at which point waivers will process once again.

After this is process there will be a short period of free-for-all waivers so that teams can cover bye weeks etc just before games start. This will run from 00:15 each Sunday until the Kickoff of games at 6pm.

Please note that anyone that has played in an early game will be locked and cannot be picked up and started after they have already played.

The cycle will repeat throughout the duration of the season.

Any questions feel free to ask.

To summarise:

Blind Bid Waivers - KO of games on Sunday until Wednesday Midnight

Blind Bid Waivers - 00:15am on Thursday until Saturday Midnight

First Come First Served Waivers - 00:15am on Sunday until KO of games.

See when you sign into the site, the wee blue bar at the top...hover over reports, then projected scores..and for some reason Kaunas Buckeyes and Dunedin Bucc's seem to have far too many players on their rosters? Yet when you go into Rosters it's normal? :unsure:

Sterling Archer

See when you sign into the site, the wee blue bar at the top...hover over reports, then projected scores..and for some reason Kaunas Buckeyes and Dunedin Bucc's seem to have far too many players on their rosters? Yet when you go into Rosters it's normal? :unsure:

Strange, only thing I can think is because were using an iPhone app to submit lineups?

Just noticed that some of the players are listed twice, so shouldn't be a problem. I was thinking that some of the players that you tried to drop through waivers or whatever had stayed on the roster. Nevermind :lol:

Decent enough start tonight in the Superdome. Favre looked a bit creaky, which is no real surprise. And NOLA appeared to be partying like it was another Mardi Gras Superbowl parade...

Thank god I dropped Favre and Berrian. Will expect better from them. Brees did`nt do to much harm against me so hoping Cutler can bring in at least 25 points.

Big day today, first full day of the new season :woot: Tempted to stay up for the Cowboys/Redskins game and forget about Jets/Ravens tomorrow.

Expecting a first week loss on here against Prestonpan Pirates though :down:

Quick question, didn't we decide to restrict PK/DEF to 2 per team? :whistling: