**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

a wee text to the Cowboys & Colts to remind them they're up should see us motoring on tonight or in the morning :thumbsup:

Unfortunately neither of them have contact no's on the site. They're both usually quick for making picks though.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Sterling Archer

Got through a lot of picks today, good pace. I regret taking who I did already, anyone going to object if I swap? whistling.gif

Sterling Archer

Yes, I'd object! :)

Fair enough, I did want him there's just someone I'd rather have! I did it on my mobile and didn't realise he was still available. I'll make do! Long time till my next pick angry.gif

Rick Grimes

Fair enough, I did want him there's just someone I'd rather have! I did it on my mobile and didn't realise he was still available. I'll make do! Long time till my next pick angry.gif

I really hope I steal him :P

Sterling Archer

I really hope I steal him :P

He'll be long gone by the middle of the 21st, I didn't really need another receiver, maybe it's for the best! Can't believe we're nearing the end. It's been a good way to fill in the summer.

Sterling Archer

So was it Robiskie or Stroughter?

It was Robiskie, was also considering Stevie Johnson, he'll be gone too by the time I pick.

Doesn't matter, onwards and upwards, I like BJGE to get a chance in NE at some point, they wouldn't have kept him around otherwise.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It was Robiskie, was also considering Stevie Johnson, he'll be gone too by the time I pick.

Doesn't matter, onwards and upwards, I like BJGE to get a chance in NE at some point, they wouldn't have kept him around otherwise.

Give it to the bye week. Maroney will probably have been benched by then!

Sterling Archer

Give it to the bye week. Maroney will probably have been benched by then!

I think they like Maroney, he outscored McCoy and Wells last year and he's still pretty young. Once again, the fact that they didn't draft a RB can only be a good thing.

The obvious problem is that there is just so many runners in NE, Fred Taylor looked good when he came back from injury as well. With Taylor, Faulk, Morris, Maroney and BJGE it's going to be hard to work out who to play!

I think this is probably the last year that Taylor, Faulk and Morris hang around though so it could be a straight RBBC by next year.

I might be being daft here, But how come there are about 100 picks left in our draft, and also only about 100 players/Defences etc left? Surely there should be a lot more still available?

Spirit, get rid of that schmuck Tebow on the avatar, put something like my boy, Frank Gore on instead :)

Go Niners!

thumbsup.gif

Good word. Extremely underused on JKB.

Lol any if you boys making the trip to London to see the Nineers? I was thinking about it, there's a few guys I know over here that are trying to get a group booking, however, the airlines are not exactly pushing deals. The niners are pushing a game/hotel/flight package. But I think thee is a deal out in cyberspace somewhere.

Sterling Archer

I might be being daft here, But how come there are about 100 picks left in our draft, and also only about 100 players/Defences etc left? Surely there should be a lot more still available?

Are you using ADP? Not all players are included, if you go by alphabetical list you get everyone.

Spirit, get rid of that schmuck Tebow on the avatar

My feelings exactly. Tebow is a total douchebag.

Commissioner...there is a trade waiting for approval. This could affect my next draft pick, which appears to fall in the midst of a flurry of automatic picks...

I was trying to decide between Douglas, Nelson and Naanee, great upside pick. To get a possible starter in the 18th round is good value.

Yes, was chuffed with Naanee too. One thing to say though I had a running back on my radar and he`s not been picked yet but he has disappeared off the list of running backs available.

Edited by The man in black

Yes, was chuffed with Naanee too. One thing to say though I had a running back on my radar and he`s not been picked yet but he has disappeared off the list of running backs available.

There should definitely be more players available to select from. Currently there is only just enough to cover the 400 needed for the draft, and none left over for taxi squads. I'm not sure where the rest are :unsure:

Sterling Archer

Where are you looking for guys? I can't see anyone missing using the alphabetical list. If you don't want anyone to know who it was you were interested in email me and I'll see if they're there. I'm not seeing anything wrong though.

There's only a few guys left on the ADP lists but if you sort by alphabetical you get everybody. The ADP is based on other MFL.com drafts and so they could change, at this late stage that could explain someone dropping off the list entirely.

Where are you looking for guys? I can't see anyone missing using the alphabetical list. If you don't want anyone to know who it was you were interested in email me and I'll see if they're there. I'm not seeing anything wrong though.

There's only a few guys left on the ADP lists but if you sort by alphabetical you get everybody. The ADP is based on other MFL.com drafts and so they could change, at this late stage that could explain someone dropping off the list entirely.

Oops.Christ. There is still loads left then. I better have a proper look before my next pick. Cheers :thumbsup:

PM sent Donnie.

Sterling Archer

PM sent Donnie.

Yeah he's not there, I've raised a support ticket to the site. Will let you know what happens.

Yeah he's not there, I've raised a support ticket to the site. Will let you know what happens.

Thanks for that Donnie, funny how he`s just disappeared like that. Considering his size!! :lol:

Sterling Archer

Thanks for that Donnie, funny how he`s just disappeared like that. Considering his size!! :lol:

Yeah really strange, I'm going to txt Jambo broncos first thing tomorrow as he's technically the next two picks. Everyone else has predrafted.

Hi sent an email to all the players in this league regarding the ESPN auction league i`m setting back feel free to ask any questions.

Regards

Scottie

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Hi sent an email to all the players in this league regarding the ESPN auction league i`m setting back feel free to ask any questions.

Regards

Scottie

HI all... Just FYI, My internet provider (BE) has changed email servers and is now hosted by a different company, And now i can't get in to read my e-mails. So if Anything important comes up, regarding Prestonpans Pirates/trades etc, Could you please PM me on here.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Sterling Archer

HI all... Just FYI, My internet provider (BE) has changed email servers and is now hosted by a different company, And now i can't get in to read my e-mails. So if Anything important comes up, regarding Prestonpans Pirates/trades etc, Could you please PM me on here.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Your trade went through, I messaged just saying I'll need your 2011 fees shortly

Regards

Scottie

Cheers, but will give it a miss. This one and my work league will be more than enough to keep track of.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Your trade went through, I messaged just saying I'll need your 2011 fees shortly

Nae probs dude, Will pay within the next few days, 5 week month :(

Cheers, but will give it a miss. This one and my work league will be more than enough to keep track of.

No worries mate, what`s your real name so i can score you off the list

No worries mate, what`s your real name so i can score you off the list

Just replied via Googlemail

without checking thru 20 pages - do we have a list of who's who with JKB names?

Unsure.

I am the Steamers...

Sterling Archer

I've got a full list at work, if someone reminds me on monday I'll post it here.

Franchise Owner Name JKB Username

Corstorphine Kiwis Dean Taylor Romanovs Barmy Army

Geoff's Franchise Geoff Kilpatrick Geoff Kilpatrick

Queensferry Dolphins Scott Fowler The Man In Black

SD Chargers Bryan Souter Bringbackjefferies

Inversneck 75'ers Roddy Campbell jamtartan

Gorgie Patriots Tom Heaney Tom Heaney

Prestonpans Pirates Mark Stewart Sir Digby's Chicken Caesar

Dunedin Buccaneers Jim Smith Big Chip Butty

Goldenacre Giants Gordon Sarkis elvisisgod

Darth Ewing Colts Mike Ewing Darth Ewing

BooBoys Bengals Brian Holden The Boo

Caledonian Chargers Ian Ross rossi_1983

Corstorphine Cowboys Chris Gibson Gibby

Jambo Broncos Martin Gray Martin

Kaunas Buckeyes Donnie Smith The Holy Spirit

Greenbay Jambos Jordan Thomson JamboJoe

Sterling Archer

Franchise Owner Name JKB Username

Corstorphine Kiwis Dean Taylor Romanovs Barmy Army

Geoff's Franchise Geoff Kilpatrick Geoff Kilpatrick

Queensferry Dolphins Scott Fowler The Man In Black

SD Chargers Bryan Souter Bringbackjefferies

Inversneck 75'ers Roddy Campbell jamtartan

Gorgie Patriots Tom Heaney Tom Heaney

Prestonpans Pirates Mark Stewart Sir Digby's Chicken Caesar

Dunedin Buccaneers Jim Smith Big Chip Butty

Goldenacre Giants Gordon Sarkis elvisisgod

Darth Ewing Colts Mike Ewing Darth Ewing

BooBoys Bengals Brian Holden The Boo

Caledonian Chargers Ian Ross rossi_1983

Corstorphine Cowboys Chris Gibson Gibby

Jambo Broncos Martin Gray Martin

Kaunas Buckeyes Donnie Smith The Holy Spirit

Greenbay Jambos Jordan Thomson JamboJoe

That's not totally up to date, that's the guys from last years espn who didn't join up, its mostly right though!

That's not totally up to date, that's the guys from last years espn who didn't join up, its mostly right though!

Was wondering why there was 16 names and I'm missing.

Anyway:

Forrester Thunder Craig Fowler ForresterJambo

Sterling Archer

Was wondering why there was 16 names and I'm missing.

Anyway:

Forrester Thunder Craig Fowler ForresterJambo

This was from before the draft when those guys had confirmed but didn't get back to me about money, thanks again for stepping in at such short notice

Rick Grimes

well that was a nice run of quick picks.

delighted Whitehurst fell - he'll be starting before long. whether he does any good is of course another matter. :rolleyes:

thought I'd ballsed it up by taking Skelton too early.

well that was a nice run of quick picks.

delighted Whitehurst fell - he'll be starting before long. whether he does any good is of course another matter. :rolleyes:

thought I'd ballsed it up by taking Skelton too early.

Aye good pick Whitehurst was my next pick!

Sterling Archer

Wow we've got through a ton of picks today, we could be done by the end of the week at this rate

Sterling Archer

We'll be using blind bid waivers as soon as the draft finishes (which hopefully can be this week!).

We're getting in to desperate times now, I do notice that all 3 buffalo qb's are still there :D

Nucky Thompson

We'll be using blind bid waivers as soon as the draft finishes (which hopefully can be this week!).

We're getting in to desperate times now, I do notice that all 3 buffalo qb's are still there :D

We're waiting on Tom for the next pick and I know he's online as he's posting on the PH thread :rolleyes: