**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

We're waiting on Tom for the next pick and I know he's online as he's posting on the PH thread :rolleyes:

You could pop him a PM? Maybe he's forgotten!

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Sterling Archer

Still early over there, probably be waiting for a bit. Notice that there's more and more autopicks going on now, good to see.

Sterling Archer

Forrester's up, his second autopick didn't go through.

Hope he notices!

I think it failed due to roster limitations.

You're only allowed to roster 2 Defences and 2 kickers at any point in time.

Edited by The Holy Spirit

Nucky Thompson

You're only allowed to roster 2 Defences and 2 kickers at any point in time.

That's good to know as I won't have to worry about my next kicker as I'm sure to get one :thumbsup:

Sterling Archer

That's good to know as I won't have to worry about my next kicker as I'm sure to get one :thumbsup:

I thought I'd put that up earlier in the thread, I can't be bothered to go back and look. It's definately in the rules somewhere!

It's not usually a rule you'd need to put in place but as we've got 16 teams in the league it's necessary. No-one should really have 3 D's or Kickers anyway!

Sterling Archer

A rubbish one though.

Nucky Thompson

No-one should really have 3 D's or Kickers anyway!

True but someone might want 3 to use one of them as a bargaining tool in a future trade :thumbsup:

Sterling Archer

True but someone might want 3 to use one of them as a bargaining tool in a future trade :thumbsup:

Maybe the rule should be removed then?

I think so.

The rosters are so big, I see no sense in restricting the numbers of each position.

If people want to hoard Defences, for example, I think that that is a perfectly acceptable drafting strategy.

Sterling Archer

I think so.

The rosters are so big, I see no sense in restricting the numbers of each position.

If people want to hoard Defences, for example, I think that that is a perfectly acceptable drafting strategy.

Poll created on league site, we'll go with whichever way the voting goes.

Sterling Archer

I think so.

It was only for those 2 positions. Just that with only 32 teams and 16 in the league it would mean people could be unable to start one during byes.

Nucky Thompson

I think the rule should stay, makes it fairer IMO

To be fair, I've got 4 picks left and have purposely not picked D/ST PK until now knowing that they would definitely be teams left due to the rule.

It was only for those 2 positions. Just that with only 32 teams and 16 in the league it would mean people could be unable to start one during byes.

True, but then I think they should factor this into their draft picks.

The restriction adds in a variable which makes the draft slightly unfair, in my opinion.

To be fair, I've got 4 picks left and have purposely not picked D/ST PK until now knowing that they would definitely be teams left due to the rule.

For this reason, I think it's actually to late to remove the restriction, now I think about it.

Sterling Archer

Well we'll see what happens with the poll. If it comes out that people want the restriction lifted we can do that, by that point (after the draft) everyone will have had fair opportunity at 2 d's and 2 kickers each. If they choose not to use that opportunity (remaining picks) then the rest are fair game on the waiver wire, that seems like a decent compromise?

Rick Grimes

For this reason, I think it's actually to late to remove the restriction, now I think about it.

if folk knew of this rule then yeah, i agree.

not fussed either way tho - just means filling your roster up with dross for a low down dirty tactic <_<

Sterling Archer

if folk knew of this rule then yeah, i agree.

not fussed either way tho - just means filling your roster up with dross for a low down dirty tactic <_<

I've posted it before but I'll do so again. Here's the full list of rules.

http://football23.myfantasyleague.com/2010/options?L=54832&O=26

Any questions just put them here and we'll sort them.

I'm all for opening up the roster limits once the draft is over. But I won't vote in favour of it in case it means opening it up before the last few rounds are complete

Sterling Archer

I'm all for opening up the roster limits once the draft is over. But I won't vote in favour of it in case it means opening it up before the last few rounds are complete

On the poll, voting for them to be lifted will only apply after the draft.

On the poll, voting for them to be lifted will only apply after the draft.

Hi any news on that RB I was enquiring about.

Bollocks. Three defenses would have had me sorted for the next few years and could conceivably have weakened one of my opponents. It also could have given me the opportunity for a one sided trade for a fellow user that was desperate.

Oh well, think I'll nab another receiver instead.

Nucky Thompson

Bollocks. Three defenses would have had me sorted for the next few years and could conceivably have weakened one of my opponents. It also could have given me the opportunity for a one sided trade for a fellow user that was desperate.

Oh well, think I'll nab another receiver instead.

Ha Ha I had you sussed :thumbsup:

Sterling Archer

Hi any news on that RB I was enquiring about.

Nothing yet, if you want to draft him select a guy No one would ever draft and use the comments to put his name, I'll put him on your team when it gets fixed

Nothing yet, if you want to draft him select a guy No one would ever draft and use the comments to put his name, I'll put him on your team when it gets fixed

Cheers will do

Woo hoo! My season ticket for the Texans has just arrived. Very, very excited...

That is all.

Nucky Thompson

Woo hoo! My season ticket for the Texans has just arrived. Very, very excited...

That is all.

Good one mate :thumbsup: Did you get them no bother or did you have to go on to a waiting list?

Sterling Archer

Ramses Bardon gone damn really didnt think anyone else would notice him.

He was one of my taxi squad pick ups, that list has been decimated.

Good one mate :thumbsup: Did you get them no bother or did you have to go on to a waiting list?

Had my name on a wait list, then a few months back got a letter saying some were being released - made sure we called up as early as possible.

Nucky Thompson

Had my name on a wait list, then a few months back got a letter saying some were being released - made sure we called up as early as possible.

At home to the Cowboys looks a tasty one :thumbsup:

Ramses Bardon gone damn really didnt think anyone else would notice him.

Thought he'd be worth a punt after Hixon getting injured. Happier with the pick now that you and Donnie would have taken a chance on him

Sterling Archer

Thought he'd be worth a punt after Hixon getting injured. Happier with the pick now that you and Donnie would have taken a chance on him

Guy is huge, he's got a lot of competition in NY but at this point in the draft who doesn't, I'll take a guy with talent any day of the week.

Sterling Archer

Things really speeding up now, meant to say has anyone else seen the week 1 previews underneath the schedule, has mock quotes and things, should be quite good during the season.

Things really speeding up now, meant to say has anyone else seen the week 1 previews underneath the schedule, has mock quotes and things, should be quite good during the season.

Aye saw that a couple of weeks ago, looks real good. Can`t wait for the season to start.

Sterling Archer

Aye saw that a couple of weeks ago, looks real good. Can`t wait for the season to start.

Scott,

Your guy is back in the system. Had to change the options to show NFL free agents.

Scott,

Your guy is back in the system. Had to change the options to show NFL free agents.

Thanks cant see him being there now, when my shot comes around.

Sterling Archer

Thanks cant see him being there now, when my shot comes around.

I could turn off the free agents appearing until it's your pick then! :whistling:

Had a look at some of the names that appeared and my god there's some oldies in there. You could create a 2007 FF dream team though with Kurt Warner, Shaun Alexander and Marvin Harrison.

I could turn off the free agents appearing until it's your pick then! :whistling:

Had a look at some of the names that appeared and my god there's some oldies in there. You could create a 2007 FF dream team though with Kurt Warner, Shaun Alexander and Marvin Harrison.

Aye there is some old ones in there, that would be good if you could. :whistling:

Sterling Archer

Aye there is some old ones in there, that would be good if you could. :whistling:

Can't really be doing that, you could trade up!

Sterling Archer

Cool mate, will take my chance.

At this point in the draft it's unlikely any of these players will hit it big, total gambles now.

T.O signs for the Bengals good news for the steamers, bad news for booboys

TO is dead...long live Ocho Uno!

Sterling Archer

TO will surprise a lot of people this year, he'll improve on his stats from buffalo which weren't bad considering it was buffalo, bryants knee is shot so that's why they signed T.O