**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Maybe we should all make a power rank! :stuart:

Just had a quick look at draft dominator. Here's the rankings it has based on what each team should score in total this season (this obviously isn't the best method as a lot of guys have drafted for the future etc. and some positions haven't been filled). This is also based on starters only.

Overall:

Jambo Broncos

Queensferry Dolphins

Goldenacre Giants

Darth Ewing Colts

Corstorphine Steelers

Gorgie Patriots

Invernessies

Kaunas Buckeyes

Prestonpans Pirates

Melbourne Patriots

SD Chargers

Dunedin Bucs

Cleveland Steamers

Booboys Bengals

Forrester Thunder

Corstorphine Cowboys

Strongest by position as is follows:

QB: Kaunas Buckeyes

RB: Darth Ewing Colts

WR: Invernessies

TE: Gorgie Patriots

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Doing a auction draft on espn in 15 min, anybody want to join be quick only 7 spaces number is 126042 chicago

Just had a quick look at draft dominator. Here's the rankings it has based on what each team should score in total this season (this obviously isn't the best method as a lot of guys have drafted for the future etc. and some positions haven't been filled). This is also based on starters only.

Overall:

Jambo Broncos

Queensferry Dolphins

Goldenacre Giants

Darth Ewing Colts

Corstorphine Steelers

Gorgie Patriots

Invernessies

Kaunas Buckeyes

Prestonpans Pirates

Melbourne Patriots

SD Chargers

Dunedin Bucs

Cleveland Steamers

Booboys Bengals

Forrester Thunder

Corstorphine Cowboys

Strongest by position as is follows:

QB: Kaunas Buckeyes

RB: Darth Ewing Colts

WR: Invernessies

TE: Gorgie Patriots

:laugh:

At least I'm better than Gibby.

Doing a auction draft on espn in 15 min, anybody want to join be quick only 7 spaces number is 126042 chicago

I would have done one, but obviously never noticed in time

Think we're going to come to a bit of a roadblock when it's Gibby's next turn. He's at T in the Park all weekend.

Sterling Archer

Think we're going to come to a bit of a roadblock when it's Gibby's next turn. He's at T in the Park all weekend.

Not sure what to do, do we just wait?

Sterling Archer

no :lol:

He's not left a list or anything and unlike before there's not one clear pick.

Just watching NFL- Total Access...doing the top 5 receivers B.Marshall at 4 and Fitz number1..that will do me :thumbsup:

I'm a good friend of Gibby's so I could pick for him? Better make up your decision soon though, I'm off to T in an hour.

Sterling Archer

I'm a good friend of Gibby's so I could pick for him? Better make up your decision soon though, I'm off to T in an hour.

So if you screwed it up for him he'd be ok with it?

Can you send me a list of 4 players please to cover his two picks and I'll make them.

Thanks for doing this.

So if you screwed it up for him he'd be ok with it?

Can you send me a list of 4 players please to cover his two picks and I'll make them.

Thanks for doing this.

They're pretty much back-ups so I can't imagine him being too pissed off. If he is, I'll buy him a pint and tell him to stop greeting.

Sterling Archer

They're pretty much back-ups so I can't imagine him being too pissed off. If he is, I'll buy him a pint and tell him to stop greeting.

Sounds good! Atleast if you're his mate he might be more forgiving! What's the best way to get me the list? PM? Email? Text? thumbsup.gif

Sounds good! Atleast if you're his mate he might be more forgiving! What's the best way to get me the list? PM? Email? Text? thumbsup.gif

You've got a PM.

Does anyone buy 'Lindy's Pro Football'? read somewhere they are the best bet for a 2010 preview magazine. Tempted to order a copy.

Sterling Archer

Does anyone buy 'Lindy's Pro Football'? read somewhere they are the best bet for a 2010 preview magazine. Tempted to order a copy.

Nah never read it. Only thing I would say is a lot of the stuff in these magazines is out of date by the time they come out. Might be better subscribing to a website instead.

Nah never read it. Only thing I would say is a lot of the stuff in these magazines is out of date by the time they come out. Might be better subscribing to a website instead.

Any recommendations?

Where is Booooooooooooooo? :whistling:

Sterling Archer

Any recommendations?

Where is Booooooooooooooo? :whistling:

Footballguys is the most obvious choice. If it's a mag you're looking for the Fantasy Football Index is meant to be decent.

I can only assume that Boo doesn't have the internet access he thought he would

"I'm away tomorrow for 8 days but I hope I get my 2 picks in before I go :whistling: I'll log on most days but I might be a wee bit slower than normal. "

I emailed him at lunch saying that if we didn't hear anything from him by tonight we'd autopick for him.

Footballguys is the most obvious choice. If it's a mag you're looking for the Fantasy Football Index is meant to be decent.

I can only assume that Boo doesn't have the internet access he thought he would

"I'm away tomorrow for 8 days but I hope I get my 2 picks in before I go :whistling: I'll log on most days but I might be a wee bit slower than normal. "

I emailed him at lunch saying that if we didn't hear anything from him by tonight we'd autopick for him.

Ahh right, never realised he was away.

Basically I just want a decent run down on each team by position, and predictions on how each team should fair this season. Right now the small amount of knowledge I have is based on fantasy football and limited to the skill positions, so it would be good to read a bit more on teams offensive lines/defences etc

Sterling Archer

Ahh right, never realised he was away.

Basically I just want a decent run down on each team by position, and predictions on how each team should fair this season. Right now the small amount of knowledge I have is based on fantasy football and limited to the skill positions, so it would be good to read a bit more on teams offensive lines/defences etc

Ah well footballguys is excellent. You should sign up for their free daily email, it takes all the stories from the NFL and puts a FF spin on them. The messageboards are good for general NFL things as well as fantasy though. They're also doing a moneyback guarantee on a subscription at the moment (60 days or something).

I'm struggling to think who to pick for Boo. Hopefully he picks soon.

Ah well footballguys is excellent. You should sign up for their free daily email, it takes all the stories from the NFL and puts a FF spin on them. The messageboards are good for general NFL things as well as fantasy though. They're also doing a moneyback guarantee on a subscription at the moment (60 days or something).

I'm struggling to think who to pick for Boo. Hopefully he picks soon.

Is that the Joe Bryant guy? I get his emails

Just looked at his team, quite well balanced. If I was him I'd be looking at picking a WR next. But everyone will have there own theory's

Sterling Archer

Is that the Joe Bryant guy? I get his emails

Just looked at his team, quite well balanced. If I was him I'd be looking at picking a WR next. But everyone will have there own theory's

Yeah that's the one, it's funny you should mention O-lines. They've just published an article grading all 32 o-lines. Think the subscription is about 25 bucks but there's a lot of good stuff.

I'd probably go WR too, need to load up on them in this format.

Rick Grimes

some reasonable drafting during my hols there - and if they're rubbish I can just blame the heat :)

hopefully i didn't keep you waiting too long at any point

Just watched a re-run of Cowboys@Bills 2007 on ESPN. Superb finish to the game..Dallas 8points down with 20odd seconds left, score a touchdown..miss the two pointer..get possesion back with an onside kick..Look to have completed pass to within field kick range, only for a review to show incomplete..two more passes with the receiver getting out of bound leaves 2 seconds left and 51 yard field goal...the kick is up, the kick is good..oh wait, the Bills coach called a time out just before the snap...second attempt..the kick is goood Cowboys win

Quality drama

Can`t believe Gilyard and Shipley have gone, had my eye on both for the next 2 picks. Back to the drawing board. :verymad:

Sterling Archer

Training camps start in a fortnight or so :woot: Getting close...Do they show pre season games on the telly?

Not a clue. I've only got freeview, might show them on sky!

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

They showed a couple in 08 but didn't have any in 09, Best place would be p2p4u.net online streaming.

Edited by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Training camps start in a fortnight or so :woot: Getting close...Do they show pre season games on the telly?

They will here in the States...jeez-o, they showed live coverage of the Draft Combine on NFL TV for days on end...

Wow, almost back to my pick already.

That was quick.

Good pick with Decker. It was a toss up between him and Brandon Tate. To be honest i don`t know what will be left when my pick comes around, will do it now on whoever is best available at each pick here on in.

Good pick with Decker. It was a toss up between him and Brandon Tate. To be honest i don`t know what will be left when my pick comes around, will do it now on whoever is best available at each pick here on in.

And there goes my handcuff to gore.

Sterling Archer

I like Tate as well especially with Moss in his final year. Same here, I've got a couple of guys I want and I'm just going to take them, Jimmy Graham was an example of this.

Sterling Archer

I like Tate as well especially with Moss in his final year. Same here, I've got a couple of guys I want and I'm just going to take them, Jimmy Graham was an example of this.

Looks like Chris Johnson is pretty serious about his continued strike action...said tonight at the ESPY's (ESPN award thingy) that he won't be training or playing until he gets a new contract...

Sterling Archer

Things have slowed again.

I know, I'm just going to text forrester thunder and ask when we can expect a pick. We'll need to introduce an actual timer at this rate.