**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Aye he's my back up plan :whistling: was hoping to be able to pick up Smith or Bradford though with my next pickah well back to the drawing board.

With all the moves for QB's it has left a few decent players in other positions still available :thumbsup:

Exactly :thumbsup:. With Rodgers as my #1 I hopefully will only need a bye week filler, don't really need a backup. Would be nice to have though if someone falls.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Exactly :thumbsup:. With Rodgers as my #1 I hopefully will only need a bye week filler, don't really need a backup. Would be nice to have though if someone falls.

Didnt want to pick Favre so early myself, but its another 50 odd shots until my next move I didnt want to be left with a nobody. Although there is one QB I have my eye on.

Sterling Archer

Didnt want to pick Favre so early myself, but its another 50 odd shots until my next move I didnt want to be left with a nobody. Although there is one QB I have my eye on.

I just know it'll be the same guy as me! :lol:

I just know it'll be the same guy as me! :lol:

I might try and work out who it is and nick him from you both. Put myself in a strong trading position :thumbsup:

Sterling Archer

I might try and work out who it is and nick him from you both. Put myself in a strong trading position :thumbsup:

It probably isn't difficult. I'm not set on him though so you'd probably be stuck with him! :lol:

Sterling Archer

DAMN. Mike Williams was the guy I was targeting! The only guy I really wanted, if he stays out of trouble this guy will be HUGE

DAMN. Mike Williams was the guy I was targeting! The only guy I really wanted, if he stays out of trouble this guy will be HUGE

He was my next pick, hence the reason why i have traded up.

Bet you cant. :lol:

Sterling Archer

He was my next pick, hence the reason why i have traded up.

Do you still want me to put the trade through if he's gone?

Do you still want me to put the trade through if he's gone?

Yes, cant wait any longer. Been a while since my last pick.

Edited by The man in black

Sterling Archer

Yes, cant wait any longer. Been a while since my last pick.

Done

Question?presumably, when someone trades away a draft pick from 2011, this is on the assumption that their team will participate next year. What if they don't? Will the replacement team then be left without the draft picks traded away by the team who held the slot the prior year??

Sterling Archer

Question?presumably, when someone trades away a draft pick from 2011, this is on the assumption that their team will participate next year. What if they don't? Will the replacement team then be left without the draft picks traded away by the team who held the slot the prior year??

Fees for next year will be need to be paid when trading a future draft pick. I'll need the cash from Queensferry Dolphins shortly.

Nucky Thompson

It looks like we have stalled again :whistling: The next pick hasn't been on for over 3 days :rolleyes:

Sterling Archer

It looks like we have stalled again :whistling: The next pick hasn't been on for over 3 days :rolleyes:

He usually checks in as soon as he's on the clock but because he's got a huge gap between picks not much in between, have popped him an email just asking when we can expect the pick.

Darth Ewing

He usually checks in as soon as he's on the clock but because he's got a huge gap between picks not much in between, have popped him an email just asking when we can expect the pick.

sorry was at work tonight. I have been on checking it everyday just not loging in thats why it says i havent been on in 3 days. Pick made now.

Sterling Archer

sorry was at work tonight. I have been on checking it everyday just not loging in thats why it says i havent been on in 3 days. Pick made now.

That's what I thought you've usually been quick for picks. How are you finding having picks close together and then big gaps?

Darth Ewing

That's what I thought you've usually been quick for picks. How are you finding having picks close together and then big gaps?

Yeah its been ok, The only problem is I cant really plan ahead as most of the players usually go and its a new set of players I have to look at. Some of the players I did want usually go a few picks before mine which is a bit annoying. Happy with most of my picks so far.

Also u can count me in for the auction league before I forget. Should be good been looking to do one of those for a while.

Edited by Darth Ewing

Geoff Kilpatrick

Damn it Geoff, Hernandez was one of my 3! Ahhh

:laugh:

Been reading about him on the PFW Blog and the way Brady has found him with some difficult routes. Delighted to snare him at this point.

You can always take Gronkowski or Alge Crumpler!

Sterling Archer

:laugh:

Been reading about him on the PFW Blog and the way Brady has found him with some difficult routes. Delighted to snare him at this point.

You can always take Gronkowski or Alge Crumpler!

Gronkowski's got a bad back and isn't as effective as a receiver and Crumpler's old! Did you get a chance to consider my trade proposal? :lol:

Good pick though, I wasn't sure how aware people would be of him.

Gronkowski's got a bad back and isn't as effective as a receiver and Crumpler's old! Did you get a chance to consider my trade proposal? :lol:

Good pick though, I wasn't sure how aware people would be of him.

Was my next pick aswell gutted!!?!?! Was so close to taking him with my last pick but thought id better select a young QB with the way the draft has been going.

Hopefully get my next pick out of the way today off to T in the Park 2morrow so would be good to get it done before hand. Suppose thats a good thing about having two g so close together although it is a nightmare trying to predict how things are going to go.

Sterling Archer

Was my next pick aswell gutted!!?!?! Was so close to taking him with my last pick but thought id better select a young QB with the way the draft has been going.

Hopefully get my next pick out of the way today off to T in the Park 2morrow so would be good to get it done before hand. Suppose thats a good thing about having two g so close together although it is a nightmare trying to predict how things are going to go.

Looks like I was never going to get him then. Don't feel so bad now.

Since you're next up you could use the pre-draft selection feature. Just select two guys and you'll get the top one on the list when Darth Ewing picks.

Sterling Archer

Really struggled with those last 2 picks. Freeman was easy but there was SO many receivers I wanted to take there.

Damn there goes Clausen thought he might fall a couple of rounds later. Like Devin but he needs to show his potential this year. Right shall i pick up a RB or WR.

Sterling Archer

Damn there goes Clausen thought he might fall a couple of rounds later. Like Devin but he needs to show his potential this year. Right shall i pick up a RB or WR.

I wasn't confident about either of the WR picks. Couple of guys I passed on that I rated pretty evenly, hope it doesn't bite me in the ass.

Surprised you were after Clausen. I think people are sleeping on Matt Moore who I'd be surprised to see lose the job this year.

I was going to have a go at predicting who you'd pick but it's nearly impossible now. So many guys close together, please don't pick my RB pick though :lol:

Sterling Archer

Went for a RB, there`s allot more WR still flying about.

That is correct. There will be 1 less in a few picks though.

Aye happy I managed to pick up Clausen was a bit worried when there was that run of QB's in the last round. Not expecting a great deal from him this year but he has the potential to go on and become an elite QB in the future. Plus think its only a matter of time before he takes over from Moore as the starter.

Think you made the right choice taking a RB there isnt alot of depth left at that position

Edited by gibby

Aye happy I managed to pick up Clausen was a bit worried when there was that run of QB's in the last round. Not expecting a great deal from him this year but he has the potential to go on and become an elite QB in the future. Plus think its only a matter of time before he takes over from Moore as the starter.

Think you made the right choice taking a RB there isnt alot of depth left at that position

Well i`m hoping there is now a run on RB`s leaving my 2 WR`s on the shelf. But i think Holy might have one of them.

Nucky Thompson

I was tempted to go for Devin Thomas 2 picks ago as he's been tipped in many places to have a breakout year this year but went for Chez Schilens instead.

Sterling Archer

Well i`m hoping there is now a run on RB`s leaving my 2 WR`s on the shelf. But i think Holy might have one of them.

Thought I'd let you off the hook that time mate, are any of them Jones, Tate or DHB?

Edited by The Holy Spirit

Thought I'd let you off the hook that time mate, are any of them Jones, Tate or DHB?

I could`t possibly comment. :whistling:

Nucky Thompson

I'm away tomorrow for 8 days but I hope I get my 2 picks in before I go :whistling: I'll log on most days but I might be a wee bit slower than normal.

Sterling Archer

I could`t possibly comment. :whistling:

Those were the 3 I was considering, they'll probably all be gone by 12.08

Sterling Archer

I'm away tomorrow for 8 days but I hope I get my 2 picks in before I go :whistling: I'll log on most days but I might be a wee bit slower than normal.

No worries, anywhere nice?

Nucky Thompson

No worries, anywhere nice?

My yearly jaunt to Scarborough in a caravan park :rolleyes: The kids love it and there's plenty to do. I'm off to Corfu in 5 weeks though, just me and the wife, the kids are staying at her mums :thumbsup:

Sterling Archer

My yearly jaunt to Scarborough in a caravan park :rolleyes: The kids love it and there's plenty to do. I'm off to Corfu in 5 weeks though, just me and the wife, the kids are staying at her mums :thumbsup:

Cool. Sounds good.

We're doing pretty well considering it's the middle of summer. Almost half way through now!

Just noticed it's my pick...will do it when i get to work, so give me a couple of hours.

Sterling Archer

Just noticed it's my pick...will do it when i get to work, so give me a couple of hours.

No worries mate. You've got two in quick sucession actually.

Sterling Archer

Sorry about the screw up earlier with the draft :unsure:.

That's it fixed.

Sorry about the screw up earlier with the draft :unsure:.

That's it fixed.

It's cool pal. Like I said, I could see where the confusion came from. Plus the system was a bit dodgy the last time I tried to do two pre-draft selection picks in a row.

Decent pickups for the 11/12th rounds. Bess should start as number two in Miami and will get some decent looks as everyone gangs up on Marshall. If Henne continues his progression and has a good year then I could be in business with this one. As for Ward, he's one (very possible) Cadillac Williams injury away from being a starter.

Edited by ForresterJambo

My Team Is Awesome :teehee:

Can't be too late to change your name to Team Awesome then :D

Still can't make up my mind whether I should have gone for another WR over picking Defense already but I had a feeling that once someone started there might be a big run on them. Now I've done that, no doubt they'll all still be there when I pick again.

Sterling Archer

I'll be honest and say most teams are close. Some are built far more for winning short term than others though.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'll be honest and say most teams are close. Some are built far more for winning short term than others though.

Maybe we should all make a power rank! :stuart: