please join in the protest

sneakypete

I dont know if your being sarcastic or not but it doesnt sound to bad to me!

Im always up for a bit of organised chaos.

No, I'm not being sarcastic ...

More headline-grabbing than a very small protest.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HEARTS FOREVER
I think the majority of people are mocking this 'protest' because the people organising it are for some reason refusing to answer any questions about it! Therefore, nobody is taking it seriously.

It seems to me none of you actually have a clue what you are doing, your protesting because VR is an a**e, thats about as much as you have thought about it.

I wont be changing my mind, this protest will go down as an epic fail, imo of course.

And what are you talking about bollocks for, you and your partner in crime Pete really have no idea on how to get people on side do you?

FFS, EPIC FAIL.

I have said in previous posts why i would be willing to protest.

I have said i would be willing to take part in any sort of protest.

What do you want?

Please answer.

We are divided.

It wouldnt embarrass me. Its about time the Hearts fans views were aired for better or for worse. Theres been enough online moaning on kickback to last a lifetime.

That's where I am at now as well.

Couldn;t give a toss what the media make of it or what other clubs make of it. They already think we are a joke and part of that is because we have allowed this to happen without any serious dissent.

If somebody wants to start a "Do Nothing - Give Romanov Time" protest then let them.

Complex?

Crap team?

Crap management?

Wasted millions?

Debt doubled?

Complex indeed.

Indeed it is. So which one is it and is it all four? and is there any other issues or are they just off the top of your head?

We previously agreed that you would refer to me as Sir High and Mighty. After all it was the name that you refer me by, so I will not accept you not reffering to me as this.

This is your final warning on this matter.

That's where I am at now as well.

Couldn;t give a toss what the media make of it or what other clubs make of it. They already think we are a joke and part of that is because we have allowed this to happen without any serious dissent.

If somebody wants to start a "Do Nothing - Give Romanov Time" protest then let them.

'scuse me ... that's what the 95% of the Hearts support have been doing for ages.

Charlie-Brown
Talk about stating the bleeding obvious.

Of course they have no option but to do something.

But they dont have the competence to do it. Romanov does not have the ability to trade Hearts out of over ?30m debt, when he hasnt even had the ability to keep the 3rd most expensive and best supported team in the top 6 (let alone the top 3 or 4)

You do understand that businesses go bust dont you? You know businesses with big debt with no option but to try and get out of it, businesses with more competent people in control than Vlad.

As I see it our potential futures under Vlad are either

1. He stops, at some point being able to rob Peter to pay Paul and parts of his group, if not all of it go bust, us along with it.

2. He somehow manages to keep Hearts running at very low cost for long enough so that the land at Tynecastle provides his out. UBIG themselves could develop, not just sell on the land.

In this scenario even if we had a team full of 18 year olds in the 1st division our lower income would be offset by our lower wages, lower running costs. He doesnt care for or need footballing success in this scenario. He shuts down the main stand to avoid the need to spend any money on safety requirements - we dont lose any money that way at all as our crowds wont be more than 14,0000 etc. We'd bring in enough money to pay the players and service the debt payments.

This option would appear, at best, to make Hearts become some sort of franchise without a home, at worst he just liquidates it all

The only other possibility is

3. We get a new cash rich buyer

What we should have learned from the Robinson time was that if you dont ask, if you dont protest, if you dont highlight your desire to get rid of somebody and implement change you wont get it. At the start of that process there was no cash rich buyer, we didnt dream for a minute that somebody as apparently wealthy as Romanov was out there and would be interested in our club. At the start of that process our only apparent option was some sort of sale and lease back of Tynecastle, some sort of McGrail input - it was all we had.

At the start of the process to do something you rarely know how it will end - but why would that stop you doing something about it? As the process evolves it is even possible that the ultimate aims evolve and change.

To say that this will all work out ok because UBIG has no option but to make it work out is naive in the extreme.

Whether there is cash rich buyer out there - who knows? But we havent even asked the question yet, so why would they let themselves be known....

Pardon? did you just invent this bit Jammy? show me where I said or claimed that?

All i said was that whether HMFC are owned & controlled by Vladimir Romanov or Campbell Ogilvie or Charlie Brown or MagicT's doesn't really matter - unless somebody has millions of pounds to throw at HMFC then unless VR & UBIG don't care about getting their money back the choices are limited for ANY Hearts owner or management team ....

Of course it would be naieve to think everything would just be okay - this is HMFC and the club have periodically faced difficulties since i started supporting them in the 1970's - it's never been easy or straight forward and they've seldom been out of financial troubles in all the time i've supported them - transfer fees might fall, average attendances might fall, tv revenues and sponsorship revenues might fall - there are lots of difficult challenges and choices - not least trying to do what's needed for the team compared with what's right for the clubs long term financial interest - these don't always marry .... Hearts really started to overspend from the mid-90's onwards and accumulate debts and this accelarated after Romanov took control as they tried to buy some success - but whether it's HMFC or Watford the answer is the same - stop overspending, focus on improving the clubs finances not worsening them throwing ever more money at players & agents.

'scuse me ... that's what the 95% of the Hearts support have been doing for ages.

True but I would prefer it if they came on here and justified their protest to everyone and gave us clear ideas as to how the club is going to move forward - it's only fair as, after all, that is what they want Peter to reveal.

I have said in previous posts why i would be willing to protest.

I have said i would be willing to take part in any sort of protest.

What do you want?

Please answer.

FFS. I have said I know WHY you are protesting.

I would like to know what you will be doing at the back of the Main Stand apart from standing there. Give me a chant or some slogans or something to make the protest sound like a protest and not just a gathering. Whats your numbers like now? How do you plan on meeting at the back of the Main Stand when the area is packed with fans leaving, its not that big a space, and rumour has it the police dont let fans from the Gorgie and Wheatfield have access to that area anyway. Why dont you start your anti VR/sack the board chants inside the stadium so the TV cameras pick it up???

The People's Chimp
Why is it that the people on this thread who are mocking any sort of protest really want to know so much about it.

Is it just in case you have to change your mind some time soon?

Is it because you have asked Santa for a pair of Bollocks this year?

Stop mocking your fellow fans eh. its not big.

Really its not.

No, it's because they are mocking the idea of a protest with no leadership, no outline, no demands, no specific goal and no specific aim.

It's because "sneakypete" has made about 3 appearances over the last few days, to announce that him and Keenan would be there likesay, without answering any of the pertinent questions that any sane individual would want answered.

To be honest, you must really be struggling if you didn't grasp this from page 1 of this thread, never mind page 20.

Pardon? did you just invent this bit Jammy? show me where I said or claimed that?

All i said was that whether HMFC are owned & controlled by Vladimir Romanov or Campbell Ogilvie or Charlie Brown or MagicT's doesn't really matter - unless somebody has millions of pounds to throw at HMFC then unless VR & UBIG don't care about getting their money back the choices are limited for ANY Hearts owner or management team ....

Of course it would be naieve to think everything would just be okay - this is HMFC and the club have periodically faced difficulties since i started supporting them in the 1970's - it's never been easy or straight forward and they've seldom been out of financial troubles in all the time i've supported them - transfer fees might fall, average attendances might fall, tv revenues and sponsorship revenues might fall - there are lots of difficult challenges and choices - not least trying to do what's needed for the team compared with what's right for the clubs long term financial interest - these don't always marry .... Hearts really started to overspend from the mid-90's onwards and accumulate debts and this accelarated after Romanov took control as they tried to buy some success - but whether it's HMFC or Watford the answer is the same - stop overspending, focus on improving the clubs finances not worsening them throwing ever more money at players & agents.

Ah - but, see ... Vlad doesn't do that.

Oh no... registration fees, yes ... at undisclosed levels but accounting for millions allegedly ...

HEARTS FOREVER
Indeed it is. So which one is it and is it all four? and is there any other issues or are they just off the top of your head?

We previously agreed that you would refer to me as Sir High and Mighty. After all it was the name that you refer me by, so I will not accept you not reffering to me as this.

This is your final warning on this matter.

Lol.

Can i call you Mr Silly instead?

Anyway, its all four for me!

Charlie-Brown

Oh no... registration fees, yes ... at undisclosed levels but accounting for millions allegedly ...

Right so you think (rightly or wrongly) he took approx ?4M out? but then put ?12M back in? That doesn't square does it?

HEARTS FOREVER
No, it's because they are mocking the idea of a protest with no leadership, no outline, no demands, no specific goal and no specific aim.

It's because "sneakypete" has made about 3 appearances over the last few days, to announce that him and Keenan would be there likesay, without answering any of the pertinent questions that any sane individual would want answered.

To be honest, you must really be struggling if you didn't grasp this from page 1 of this thread, never mind page 20.

When the Hearts fans wanted the pieman out initially there were no plans, no celebrities.

Just guys like you and pete round the back of the main stand.

No?

Glad somebody else picked up on that.

None of our business, apparently.

Right so you think (rightly or wrongly) he took approx ?4M out? but then put ?12M back in? That doesn't square does it?

So it should be easily explained then.

That is what bothers me also. The guy is trying to round up the troops and he has made 3 appearances, one of which was nothing but abuse of the people he should be trying to win over. Then, to convince us we are told that Keenan will be there!?!?! This has not been thought through at all, somebody get Pete to **** and replace him with someone with a bit of brains and then you may have a protest worth talking about. As it is all you lot have done is go on the defensive and refused to answer any questions put to you.

Charlie-Brown
So it should be easily explained then.

Yes it should be JR didn't write the letters to C.Ogilvie asking for an answer like he said he would or if he did then he didn't bother to tell us what the answer was.

Lol.

Can i call you Mr Silly instead?

Anyway, its all four for me!

No. Its Sir High and Mighty as suggested by you originally.

Ok. So were getting somewhere.

The three topics (not four) of the protest are.

The gradual decrease of quality on the playing side of the club.

Poor management (do you mean board level, coach level or both)

Unacceptable increase of debt as a result of careless spending.

I agree with these things. I would like to attend this protest with you.

Could you provide details of the protest for me. Or at least let me know when details are decided so I can inform the wider Hearts community.

Why is it that the people on this thread who are mocking any sort of protest really want to know so much about it.

Is it just in case you have to change your mind some time soon?

Is it because you have asked Santa for a pair of Bollocks this year?

Stop mocking your fellow fans eh. its not big.

Really its not.

i'll indulge you briefly...

people are mocking the 'protest' because there is no clear agenda to it. the grievances and objectives haven't been clearly and coherently set out by the organiser or his cohorts like you.

it is in fact the worst protest ever. a bunch of chimps could protest over the size of bananas better.

other people not connected to the protest have contributed some really interesting material on this thread which is iromic because the thread is supposed to be about an organised protest which is being brought about by a bunch of walter mittys.

HEARTS FOREVER
FFS. I have said I know WHY you are protesting.

I would like to know what you will be doing at the back of the Main Stand apart from standing there. Give me a chant or some slogans or something to make the protest sound like a protest and not just a gathering. Whats your numbers like now? How do you plan on meeting at the back of the Main Stand when the area is packed with fans leaving, its not that big a space, and rumour has it the police dont let fans from the Gorgie and Wheatfield have access to that area anyway. Why dont you start your anti VR/sack the board chants inside the stadium so the TV cameras pick it up???

Let me say it again S-L-O-W-L-Y

I will take part in any sort of protest about the way the club is being run.

I have said at no point i would organise it.

God. even Snow white would get the drift.

boabyarsebiscuit
Am I expected to ruin my good bed covers with slogans saying...

"I AGREE WITH HEARTS FOREVER AND SNEAKY PETE, VLAD... BOOOOO!"

I am just not sure that will be too effective.

I'd recommend painting on your bedsheet "Knobjockey Vlad smells of jobbies. Please wipe your bum. Now! And get your son to wear some clothes that fit". In Russian. That'll work.

The People's Chimp
When the Hearts fans wanted the pieman out initially there were no plans, no celebrities.

Just guys like you and pete round the back of the main stand.

No?

But don't you see that after a campaign like SOH gathered steam, it's set a precedent for how things might be done. So, if we take this hypothetical protest, what are we to think when the "organiser" comes on here, rants, rants again, drops a line about some random pal of his attending, and then disappears again. Do you really think that he has even an ounce of credibility?

It's not about celebrity or anything otherwise, but about this particular protest's absolute lack of credibility - for whatever reason that may be.

That does not mean that other protests are ruled out, but I'm sorry, if I'm going to be taking any kind of action then I want to know what I'm shouting about. You give the example of the protests against CPR - as you know, there was a clear issue there, Tynecastle was at stake and CPR was about to take action that would see us screwed.

With Romanov the waters are muddier.

Let me say it again S-L-O-W-L-Y

I will take part in any sort of protest about the way the club is being run.

I have said at no point i would organise it.

God. even Snow white would get the drift.

So basically you have no idea what your doing? Thats all I wanted to hear.

This pretty much sums it up for me - shambles.

The People's Chimp

The three topics (not four) of the protest are.

The gradual decrease of quality on the playing side of the club.

Poor management (do you mean board level, coach level or both)

Unacceptable increase of debt as a result of careless spending.

I do like this one. Is there not some kind of conflict between these two issues?

I understand that another of the grounds of protest is the failure to build a new main stand, which of course, is entirely in line with the idea that we should also be protesting about the level of debt.

boabyarsebiscuit
Does anyone think there will actually be a protest? or will it fizzle out to nowt come match day?

If we actually win the game, I doubt *anyone* would turn up. As it is I think there will be a very small turnout, because even the basic manifesto of the protest hasn't really been articulated. You and I are often on opposite sides of the fence on this subject, but as an avowed Romanov-sceptic, even I won't be attending this "event".

HEARTS FOREVER

people are mocking the 'protest' because there is no clear agenda to it. the grievances and objectives haven't been clearly and coherently set out by the organiser or his cohorts like you.

it is in fact the worst protest ever. a bunch of chimps could protest over the size of bananas better.

other people not connected to the protest have contributed some really interesting material on this thread which is iromic because the thread is supposed to be about an organised protest which is being brought about by a bunch of walter mittys.

Ive already 'indulged you' at my reasons for protest in earlier threads.

I will say again that i would be willing to take part in any sort of protest against the way Vladimir Romanov is runng the club.

I think i have stated MY reasons quite clearly.

How can it be the worst protest ever when its not happened yet?

Stop trying to be such a smart **** and read the posts properly.

Charlie-Brown
If we actually win the game, I doubt *anyone* would turn up. As it is I think there will be a very small turnout, because even the basic manifesto of the protest hasn't really been articulated. You and I are often on opposite sides of the fence on this subject, but as an avowed Romanov-sceptic, even I won't be attending this "event".

I sit in the main stand boaby so I will have to at least pass by whatever gathering there is - one question nobody has answered is where will they gather? The car park is closed off now on match days which was the traditional gathering place for protests in days gone by?

HEARTS FOREVER
So basically you have no idea what your doing? Thats all I wanted to hear.

This pretty much sums it up for me - shambles.

Maybe.

But you just sit there Buzz and watch our club die a slow death.

Enjoy.

boabyarsebiscuit
Ive already 'indulged you' at my reasons for protest in earlier threads.

I will say again that i would be willing to take part in any sort of protest against the way Vladimir Romanov is runng the club.

I think i have stated MY reasons quite clearly.

How can it be the worst protest ever when its not happened yet?

Stop trying to be such a smart **** and read the posts properly.

The whole protest thing is literally all over the place. I'm not having a go for having a go's sake, but it is. Protest if you want - it's a free country. But given the discussions on here over the last few days, it does appear to be a bit of a mess, and it's not just "JKB Romanov Plants" that are saying this.

On the other hand, there has been no coherent argument for NOT protesting apart from "Vlad's all we've got and we're scared he'll take the huff and destroy us"

Only Charlie Brown has attempted to look forward to a future with Romanov and, whilst it makes sense (albeit in a sobering way!), it just seems unlikely given Romanov's previous conduct that he is capable of providing an environment for a slow and steady rebuilding job.

The People's Chimp

This.

I'll be in the main stand so I'll at least be able to check it out en route to the diggers.

22 pages? Oh I've got neither the time nor inclination to read through this lot.

Anyone fancy a wee bit of summarising for those amongst us with a life?

All I really need to know is if there's a song. I'm not going for it if there's no official song.

HEARTS FOREVER
But don't you see that after a campaign like SOH gathered steam, it's set a precedent for how things might be done. So, if we take this hypothetical protest, what are we to think when the "organiser" comes on here, rants, rants again, drops a line about some random pal of his attending, and then disappears again. Do you really think that he has even an ounce of credibility?

It's not about celebrity or anything otherwise, but about this particular protest's absolute lack of credibility - for whatever reason that may be.

That does not mean that other protests are ruled out, but I'm sorry, if I'm going to be taking any kind of action then I want to know what I'm shouting about. You give the example of the protests against CPR - as you know, there was a clear issue there, Tynecastle was at stake and CPR was about to take action that would see us screwed.

With Romanov the waters are muddier.

No.

The difference is Romanov has the fans by the balls and there are far too many coward jambos brave enough to actually come out and complain.

Thats my opinion anyway.

Does anyone think there will actually be a protest? or will it fizzle out to nowt come match day?

Pete, Mr Forever and Keenan will all be there.

I dont understand why one of them couldnt come on, introduce himself, state what they want to achieve and how they will go about it etc etc. Then rather than 20 pages of mocking it would be 20 pages of a debate where they might have got somewhere. Pete is lacking in social skills, and clearly he couldnt organise a **** up in a brewery.

The whole protest thing is literally all over the place. I'm not having a go for having a go's sake, but it is. Protest if you want - it's a free country. But given the discussions on here over the last few days, it does appear to be a bit of a mess, and it's not just "JKB Romanov Plants" that are saying this.

You are wasting your breath Mr Arsebiscuit, none of the protestors have a clue.

Has anyone on JKB ever met CB before, just out of interest?

Yep, hes actually a really good mate of mine :smiley2: In real life he is not nearly as sycophantic as he comes accross on JKB though.

I'd say we are a prime example of what Romanov has 'achieved' at Hearts. A complete division within the support to the point where I agree with little a fellow Jambo and good mate says about the club.

HEARTS FOREVER

I agree.

But if ever there is a protest mate. I'll be there.

Hearts are dying under Romanov.

Hackney Hearts
When the Hearts fans wanted the pieman out initially there were no plans

I've seen this comment made a few times already on this thread.

The pieman only went because a buyer showed up. Is that what you're expecting? We're in a different world now.

a) The debt has doubled

B) We're in a Recession, where not only are football clubs in danger of going bust, the banks themselves actually ARE going bust

The arrival of a buyer like Romanov was miraculous enough then, but expecting a white knight now would be like sitting on the banks of Loch Ness waiting for a sighting.

What bank will keep us afloat, other than Ukio? Until we have an answer to that question, I'd have thought constructive persuasion might be a better attitude towards the Mad One, rather than the GTF option.

No.

The difference is Romanov has the fans by the balls and there are far too many coward jambos brave enough to actually come out and complain.

Thats my opinion anyway.

Plenty of fans have stated why they dont believe in a protest, none of them are cowards, they just dont think its a wise idea. You would know why people are not interested in joining you if you and your mates Pete and Keenan actually read 90% of the posts on here.

Your not winning many people over.

HEARTS FOREVER

The pieman only went because a buyer showed up. Is that what you're expecting? We're in a different world now.

a) The debt has doubled

B) We're in a Recession, where not only are football clubs in danger of going bust, the banks themselves actually ARE going bust

The arrival of a buyer like Romanov was miraculous enough then, but expecting a white knight now would be like sitting on the banks of Loch Ness waiting for a sighting.

What bank will keep us afloat, other than Ukio? Until we have an answer to that question, I'd have thought constructive persuasion might be a better attitude towards the Mad One, rather than the GTF option.

So what are you saying?

Lets not complain about the way the club is being run?

boabyarsebiscuit
On the other hand, there has been no coherent argument for NOT protesting apart from "Vlad's all we've got and we're scared he'll take the huff and destroy us"

Only Charlie Brown has attempted to look forward to a future with Romanov and, whilst it makes sense (albeit in a sobering way!), it just seems unlikely given Romanov's previous conduct that he is capable of providing an environment for a slow and steady rebuilding job.

For any protest to work longer term, you need a constituency of like-minded souls. Even if we take Peter's action as some sort of "Che Guevara" activist type campaign, and as a precursor to wider organised dissent, I'm sorry but he has probably killed off any chances of expanding his support by his rants on here in the last couple of days.

I am not happy with the regime. I see other clubs in Scotland making advances, while we appear to be going backwards. But the only thing I'd really like to see happen is Romanov to "talk" to the Hearts support (via the official website or whatever - not 20 people in the Diggers who are told everything is "off the record" and not to repeat it in case Paul Hartley's lawyers start a defamation suit), and tell us, without any Russian verbal wankfoolery, what the short/medium/long term plans are. So if anyone wants to start a "Talk to us" campaign, show me where to sign up. And if we don't like what we hear, then we can decide what the next steps are. But this current protest is too ill-defined to be taken seriously. Even by dissenters like me.

The People's Chimp

a) The debt has doubled

This is my concern as well. You'll notice that that often those most keen on a protest will also float the magic line of "I'd watch Hearts at Saughton Park..." Well, until that is the only option, I'd rather not push things in that direction. That's not being a pussy, or lying down and taking it from Romanov, that's wanting to preserve the Great Institution that is Heart of Midlothian, as a fully functioning football club. Force Romanov out now, and who, in this time of economic disaster, is waiting in the wings?

Nobody.

Guest JamboRobbo
I thought that the council had included a clause that the land at Tynie can now only be used for football so the land can't now be sold for flats??

Wasn't this done when the council flogged the land to Vlad to let him build the stand??

Apologies if this bursts anyone's bubble about Vlad selling up and doing a runner with a back pocket full of cash.

There is a clause that an extra 750k (IIRC on the amount) extra has to be payed if it's used for non football related development, if thats what you are talking about? A small amount in the scheme of the amounts being talked of.

Apologies if that bursts your bubble that the land can only be used for a football development.

HEARTS FOREVER
Plenty of fans have stated why they dont believe in a protest, none of them are cowards, they just dont think its a wise idea. You would know why people are not interested in joining you if you and your mates Pete and Keenan actually read 90% of the posts on here.

Your not winning many people over.

Firstly. I am not on here to win anyone over.

I give my opinion and thats that.

I dont think i even know a Jambo that wouldnt want to see the back of Romanov.

I understand the how and what happens next question, i also understand that the alternatives are pretty much zero at the moment.

So what your saying is do nothing and watch the club disappear?

I'm interested to hear what your views are on Romanov and what you think can be done, instead of you picking the bones out of everyone else's comments all the time.

Do you have a proper opinion on this?

Hackney Hearts

Hearts are dying under Romanov.

Possibly so. But I can't help feeling they'd be dead if he left tomorrow.

Whilst I personally think this 'protest' is akin to farting in the wind it has certainly started some decent debate and ruffled a few feathers which can only be a good thing. Its interesting that whilst many (including me) think its a complete waste of time many are actually concerned (not me) about what it might trigger and the possible media coverage it may get however poorly attended or organised.

Whether Romanov is in the least bothered or reacts in any way shape or form either verbally or just quietly behind the scenes is anyones guess. However it says a lot about the man in charge that people are genuinely worried that he may pull the rug from beneath us because the lifeblood of the club and paying customers are unhappy with certain aspects of the running of HMFC.

I dont believe anything constructive will come from this in a couple of weeks but I do believe that in due course many more people will see fit to protest once again at were our club is headed. I hope it wont be too late to influence change.

Hackney Hearts
So what are you saying?

Lets not complain about the way the club is being run?

Complain by all means. But if your sole aim is for Vlad to walk away, then what I am saying is - be careful what you wish for.

HEARTS FOREVER
Possibly so. But I can't help feeling they'd be dead if he left tomorrow.

Would it possibly be better to die now and possibly come back to life.

Stronger and Idiot free?

Archived