Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tommy Brown

80 tonight at Pumphy. Getting there, 12.0 now.

Still getting edgy. 3 doubles.

One at 16 will haunt me for a while.

Recovered with 2 pars.

2 hours ago, merrymac said:

Anyone remember this, quite a popular programme back in the day

Dont remember the pro-am one but got this with PA possibly on betamax somewhere. 

Shell's wonderful world of golf used to be repeated on tv a while ago and was always a good watch.

Now though its hard to beat Paige 🤣

Rudi Skacel

Played a nice course last night in Canada. Had rental clubs and wasnt playing to post a score or anything just to enjoy it. Was good fun. Made a 2 aswell which was a bonus. 

hmfc_liam06
19 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Watching Rick Shiels and Peter Finch at Archerfield, yet again I think Rick is like a 15 handicapper.  

Con man 😅

Statts1976uk

New playing partner today on the Saturday Medal, very good golfer but using a rangefinder, garmin watch then his phone to triple check distances at every hole was a bit much.

27 minutes ago, Statts1976uk said:

New playing partner today on the Saturday Medal, very good golfer but using a rangefinder, garmin watch then his phone to triple check distances at every hole was a bit much.

When you told him how you felt, what was his reaction?

Armageddon
57 minutes ago, OBE said:

🤣🤣🤣

”He was ok until I told him I was telling JKB”

Statts1976uk
1 hour ago, OBE said:

I did ask him if there was a difference between the various gadgets and fair play to him there was but only a few yards. He did say that when you know how far you hit with all your irons then you become a better golfer, I suppose that's maybe one of the reasons why his handicap was a lot lower than mine.

Three gadgets did still seem excessive though.

Edited by Statts1976uk

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Statts1976uk said:

I did ask him if there was a difference between the various gadgets and fair play to him there was but only a few yards. He did say that when you know how far you hit with all your irons then you become a better golfer, I suppose that's maybe one of the reasons why his handicap was a lot lower than mine.

Did the groups bunching up behind you not give him a clue it was time to put a couple a way and up the pace?

8 hours ago, Statts1976uk said:

I agree, but which one of the three gadgets was telling the truth? The watch would be instant, phone and range finder...OTT!

Was he constantly pin-high on every second shot? What was his H/cap?

8 hours ago, Armageddon said:

🤣🤣🤣

”He was ok until I told him I was telling JKB”

Shit himself and now a bowler...:biggrin:

Statts1976uk
1 hour ago, OBE said:

I agree, but which one of the three gadgets was telling the truth? The watch would be instant, phone and range finder...OTT!

Was he constantly pin-high on every second shot? What was his H/cap?

He was playing off of 3 and playing to his handicap. He was usually giving himself the chance for par or birdie, he did tend to get a little upset with himself if he didn't give himself that.

Statts1976uk
7 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Did the groups bunching up behind you not give him a clue it was time to put a couple a way and up the pace?

It was probably me that was holding people up as I had a total shocker of a game! First time swinging a club in 4 weeks and swing gone to pot!!

The watch is handy. First time with my new watch yesterday,  made a difference.  

Just need to watch the cheats using the slope etc... on these other gadgets during competition.  Yes, you are cheating. 

1 hour ago, Statts1976uk said:

He was playing off of 3 and playing to his handicap. He was usually giving himself the chance for par or birdie, he did tend to get a little upset with himself if he didn't give himself that.

Off 3...respect, as for the rest...

:rudiyas:

Edited by OBE

Armageddon
2 hours ago, Statts1976uk said:

It was probably me that was holding people up as I had a total shocker of a game! First time swinging a club in 4 weeks and swing gone to pot!!

“I’m new to a club and played my first medal yesterday, the boy I got paired with was a complete chopper and taking ages, so I decided to use all my gadgets,  I’ve got too many, so will sell at least one of them.  After yesterday I think I’ll punt the GPS.

I hope I get paired with him again so I can test the remaining 2.”

😬😬😬

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Scramble yesterday and the fourth rocked up and told us he wasn't handicapped :(

64 but no chance of winning 

Stone in his shoe, what?

hmfc_liam06

I’m a laser man. And if I’m playing a new course or one with known blind shots to the green I’ll fire up Hole 19 on my phone.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Cmon Robert. This course should be easy.

Can't resist, no such thing as easy... triple bogey RM...ouch!

9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Scots doing what scots do best. Shite it.

Big fairways, little wind, no excuses...

1 minute ago, OBE said:

Big fairways, little wind, no excuses...

Ramsey's bottle crashed. Thereno danger I'd want any Scot in the Ryder Cup side ATM. 

Edited by ri Alban

Just now, OBE said:

Elvira, WTF was that...🤷

After the fist pump :rofl:

They'll all soon be on here

On 07/07/2023 at 23:40, Armageddon said:

Watching Rick Shiels and Peter Finch at Archerfield, yet again I think Rick is like a 15 handicapper.  

****ing convinced he is as well. Rotten. 

Samuel Camazzola

Good final day of the LIV Golf. 

Cam Smith won the singles but missed a putt on 18 to hand the team event to 4 Aces (DJ, Reed, Perez, Uihlein). 

Course liked great and attracted a big crowd too. 

Driving brilliant, at last.  I need to work on 100 yards in, with wedge selection. I had 2 near hole/s in one/s today. Raging I only scored one birdie from 2. 

Enjoying golf again.

Disser Pointon
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Driving brilliant, at last.  I need to work on 100 yards in, with wedge selection. I had 2 near hole/s in one/s today. Raging I only scored one birdie from 2. 

Enjoying golf again.

You're guaranteed to play absolute 💩 next time out then, just when you think you're on the up golf kicks you right in the hee haws! 🤣

Edited by Disser Pointon

4 hours ago, Disser Pointon said:

You're guaranteed to play absolute 💩 next time out then, just when you think you're on the up golf kicks you right in the hee haws! 🤣

It does indeed. 

Different course today. Old ranfurly. Nearly every non par 3,  a blind hole, torture. 

hmfc_liam06
11 hours ago, R9. said:

I got out on sat first time in a year decided to play at Cowdenbeath just to get on a course on sat quiet and could take my time 5 days later and I am still bit to **** . No wonder the course was dead between 1pm and 5pm on a Saturday afternoon. Ended up walking off leaving out 5 holes, covered in flies at every hole.

The course gives no challenge actually loose interest after 3 or 4 holes . We have played there a few times but reckon that will be the last time.

My closest course, but I can't disagree with what you say. 

Especially about those horse flies :lol: it's brutal in certain parts round here in July.

Sex Panther

Anyone got any tips on a particular insect repellant that works against horseflies?

Was absolutely savaged by them a couple of years ago down the borders. They have a wonderful knack of biting just as you're starting your downswing! (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!! 🤪)

Just now, Sex Panther said:

Anyone got any tips on a particular insect repellant that works against horseflies?

Was absolutely savaged by them a couple of years ago down the borders. They have a wonderful knack of biting just as you're starting your downswing! (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!! 🤪)

I've tried EVERY make and type of insect repellent over nearly 40 years of working outside, but have still to find something that keeps clegs from biting, have used Smidge for years now and find it the best for midges and contains no Deet so is much more user friendly. The closest thin I'd say was "effective" against clegs is the citronella oil for horses, I spray it on clothing, it seems to reduce the amount of bites I get but doesn't stop it.

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Sex Panther said:

I've noticed they only ever bother me when I'm putting. Wee *******s!

7 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

My closest course, but I can't disagree with what you say. 

Especially about those horse flies :lol: it's brutal in certain parts round here in July.

Stay away from the water hazards and the Clegs will be but a figment of the imagination. 

Easier said than done.

hmfc_liam06
34 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Stay away from the water hazards and the Clegs will be but a figment of the imagination. 

Easier said than done.

You broke 90 yet?

3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

You broke 90 yet?

Yeah.  Tesco weren't happy about the eggs. :(

91 with a couple of 8s. I getback some good striking, then for some reason it goes mid round, then i try too hard to get it back, and my card goes to pot. 

Went out for some on course practice this morning,  just to get some club yardage and green speed after the heavy rain. The greens are now becoming soft enough to go fo the pin, tho the fairways weren't as long. Lookin forward to the medal on Saturday.

Im confident I'll win. :cheese: 🏌️‍♂️