• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So does this mean the Saudi's run professional golf now?

Quite surprised. Wonder how it'll look as a single tour, if they'll still have separate regional things or if the FedEx cup is now replacing the Race to Dubai.

3 hours ago, Armageddon said:

I honestly cannot believe this.

Me too. Bloody hell. Next we'll be hearing that Russia and Ukraine have decided to be best buddies and form a new country together.

Samuel Camazzola
43 minutes ago, kila said:

Quite surprised. Wonder how it'll look as a single tour, if they'll still have separate regional things or if the FedEx cup is now replacing the Race to Dubai.

It won't be a single tour. 

1 hour ago, kila said:

Seems that way. Find it incredible that the PGA, a players organisation, can make this call seemingly without any input from the players. Maybe I'm speaking in shock here, but a breakaway organised by the players has to be a possibility. Unless the money really does have the final word

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Irufushi said:

And brandel and his paddy pal mcginley 😂😂😂

is all very strange tbh. 

Koepka has fired the first shot. 😄

Shooter McGavin

The guys who were offered big money to join LIV, but stayed loyal to the PGA Tour, must be f****** fuming.

I know money talks and everybody has a price, but this is genuinely unbelievable from Jay Monahan given the way he’s conducted himself over the last year.

Seemingly none of the players on either side knew about this merger, many finding out the same was as the rest of us on Twitter and other socials.

Stunning.

11 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

The guys who were offered big money to join LIV, but stayed loyal to the PGA Tour, must be f****** fuming.

I know money talks and everybody has a price, but this is genuinely unbelievable from Jay Monahan given the way he’s conducted himself over the last year.

Seemingly none of the players on either side knew about this merger, many finding out the same was as the rest of us on Twitter and other socials.

Stunning.

Saying similar to my mate. Imagine you’re a steady Pga tour player and you were offered 20/30 million to go to liv but said no. You would be fuming now for sure. 

guys that went and made a fortune must be laughing right now. It’s a poor look for the pga and dp tours imo . 

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, kila said:

Pretty much. Painted as a merger but it’s a takeover.

That thing you do
43 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Pretty much. Painted as a merger but it’s a takeover.

Im not surprised by this at all.

Ive been to a LIV event and team golf makes alot of sense and I see an expansion now into a champions league of Golf.

Whats not clear is if changes will come to the PGA tournaments (shotgun starts, music etc) or an expansion of the team side.

What I do know is I enjoyed the LIV product. And want more of it.

I always said Saudi money only an issue when not in American hands. Its in american hands now....suddenly its all ok again.

19 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

“We’ll give you £5B a year for 10 years and we own you bitches”

Seems about right. 

What a load of shit. Disco golf can do one. Isn't there enough 'sports entertainment' for the less cerebral already?

Edited by Taffin

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

What a load of shit. Disco golf can do one. Isn't there enough 'sports entertainment' for the less cerebral already?

Money has pretty much ruined all sport now.

Shooter McGavin
2 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Saying similar to my mate. Imagine you’re a steady Pga tour player and you were offered 20/30 million to go to liv but said no. You would be fuming now for sure. 

guys that went and made a fortune must be laughing right now. It’s a poor look for the pga and dp tours imo . 

Yeah not a good look at all.

As consumers though, this is no doubt the best outcome. The best should be playing the best as frequently as possible, not some fractured mess.

9 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Money has pretty much ruined all sport now.

It's not just the money, it's the dumbing down of sports I don't like. Sure, I actually quite like the 'disco lights' at Tynecastle and used properly things can add to the occasion but in too many sports now the actual sport feels like a sideshow. If folk want DJs, go to a nightclub. The manufacturing of rivalry is guff as well.

Just leave sports alone and enjoy them for what they are. 

Edited by Taffin

Shooter McGavin
8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I’d agree.

“Stadium” holes, live music and all the pageantry guff etc is fine to attract the casuals, but golfing purists know that tournaments like The Open, Masters, Players, Ryder Cup, US Open etc are the true template of what golf is all about.

3 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I’d agree.

“Stadium” holes, live music and all the pageantry guff etc is fine to attract the casuals, but golfing purists know that tournaments like The Open, Masters, Players, Ryder Cup, US Open etc are the true template of what golf is all about.

Don't get me started on the stadium holes 😂😂

The national anthem, flyovers then lobbing lager about the place. The Saudi blood money is certainly one issue, but the Americans have a lot to answer for in the dumbing down of sport (and many other things).

Anyway, rant over as I'm appearing a grumpy old man.

Edited by Taffin

Shooter McGavin
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The national anthem, flyovers then lobbing lager about the place. The Saudi blood money is certainly one issue, but the Americans have a lot to answer for in the dumbing down of sport (and many other things).

Not at all, very much think we’re on the same page on this one. There’s areas of golf that need modernising, but I don’t see what lobbing beer cans onto a green achieves to be honest.

The Open is the ultimate, in my opinion. Manual scoreboards, simple announcements onto the tee, a pure test of links golf, and “the winner of the gold medal, and champion golfer of the year…”

Classic, timeless.

8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

A stadium hole, to my knowledge was only ever at the phoenix open, was great imo but now it’s being copied it’s all a load of crap. The old footage of tiger having a hole in one at that hole still gives me goosebumps. Everything about it now seems forced. 

Edited by Irufushi

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, Irufushi said:

A stadium hole, to my knowledge was only ever at the phoenix open, was great imo but now it’s being copied it’s all a load of crap. The old footage of tiger having a hole in one at that hole still gives me goosebumps. Everything about it now seems forced. 

The hole in one by the robot (ELDRK?) at the same hole is more impressive! 😉 

Taken a wee day off to play the midweek medal as Saturday is rd 3 of a tournament I've not played the two rounds before (Best3 rounds from four). 

Weather's good, so hoping to score well.🤞😂

Sex Panther
10 hours ago, That thing you do said:

Im not surprised by this at all.

Ive been to a LIV event and team golf makes alot of sense and I see an expansion now into a champions league of Golf.

Whats not clear is if changes will come to the PGA tournaments (shotgun starts, music etc) or an expansion of the team side.

What I do know is I enjoyed the LIV product. And want more of it.

I always said Saudi money only an issue when not in American hands. Its in american hands now....suddenly its all ok again.

Interesting to read your post, TTYD. 

I'm the complete opposite in all honesty. I don't see the appeal of team golf or 54 hole events (not sure if this will continue into some events in the new unified tour, I assume it will). Take the morals of the Saudi money out of it all and I never really seen the appeal of their product, though they undoubtedly had a handful of very good golfers.

Just to add, I'm wondering if Rory's got wind of this around the time of that frosty interview he gave before the USPGA a couple of weeks ago.

Samuel Camazzola
7 minutes ago, Sex Panther said:

I'm the complete opposite in all honesty. I don't see the appeal of team golf or 54 hole events (not sure if this will continue into some events in the new unified tour, I assume it will). Take the morals of the Saudi money out of it all and I never really seen the appeal of their product, though they undoubtedly had a handful of very good golfers.

Just to add, I'm wondering if Rory's got wind of this around the time of that frosty interview he gave before the USPGA a couple of weeks ago.

It's not confirmed as a unified tour. It's a unified umbrella organisation to sit a I've the tours. 

Sex Panther
17 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

It's not confirmed as a unified tour. It's a unified umbrella organisation to sit a I've the tours. 

Thanks for clarifying Sam. Obvs hadn't read everything in full since it broke.

Samuel Camazzola
57 minutes ago, Sex Panther said:

Thanks for clarifying Sam. Obvs hadn't read everything in full since it broke.

Time will tell what changes occur. What is known is Monahan is a hypocrite and that players will turn on him. 

It was always going to happen. Just didn't anticipate it to come so soon or with no member engagement. 

4 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Time will tell what changes occur. What is known is Monahan is a hypocrite and that players will turn on him. 

It was always going to happen. Just didn't anticipate it to come so soon or with no member engagement. 

Merger has been coming for a good while, I'm happy  for those who cashed in, hopefully get a few rounds in for the other players 🍺🤑

Statts1976uk

I think with the declaration that it's now going to be moving to a "for-profit" business model raises some concerns. Are we going to see a reduction in grassroots support, maybe less support for the lower tier tours?

Samuel Camazzola
41 minutes ago, escobri said:

Merger has been coming for a good while, I'm happy  for those who cashed in, hopefully get a few rounds in for the other players 🍺🤑

Guys like Richard Bland will have pocketed enough to set another generation of his family up for life. Bounced about the tours for a couple of decades then only made a breakthrough in the last few years. The LIV money will far exceed what he'd earn on the Champions Tour. 

That thing you do
12 hours ago, Sex Panther said:

This is the thing.

Traditionalists wont get the appeal of LIV but the truth is its a different demographic at LIV. Lots of families, kids choosing temp team tattoos, emphasis on the teams over the individual.

There is a market for it. Im a Ripper GC fan now.

I see LIV becoming the champions league of golf, with teams formed via drafts NFL style.

I see it being a world tour.

LIV Adelaide was a massive success.

In between you have the majors and other tour events.

For me Im excited by it. Roll on LIV Carnoustie!

Armageddon

I wonder if the teams will be brands in the future, like F1, playing as individuals but going for a Constructors Championship.

Rory's a wee greetin faced twit. Hope someone gives him a slap. Brooks or Na.

Edited by ri Alban

hmfc_liam06

Games starting to pick up now that I’m managing to play 3 times a week.

34 points stableford tonight, nothing to write home about but I’m delighted with it. No blobs on the card. One bad tee shot on 11th was the only real blip on the round.

That thing you do
On 08/06/2023 at 09:01, Armageddon said:

I wonder if the teams will be brands in the future, like F1, playing as individuals but going for a Constructors Championship.

Rumour has it fireballs signed a deal with Pemex, Mexicos state owned petrol company.

The Pemex Fireballs (not good marketing at a refinery or on a rig) is inevitable.

So yes.

Any opens this weekend lads? Scorching hot tomorrow, I’ll be taking my half set up to Golspie pitch n putt for their open. Might stick a few cans in the bag to keep cool . 

Edited by Irufushi

1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

Any opens this weekend lads? Scorching hot tomorrow, I’ll be taking my half set up to Golspie pitch n putt for their open. Might stick a few cans in the bag to keep cool . 

Elderslie, but no chance of getting a tee time. A wee bounce game on Sunday instead at Gleddoch, i can't wait. I'd play tomorrow if I wasn't working.

Going to be dicing with thunder tomorrow, but bring it on.

Course is badly needing a good soaking, but hopefully we don't get too much rain until evening time.

Tommy Brown
On 09/06/2023 at 18:02, Irufushi said:

How did you get on?

Got those coursed above Snecky on the bucket list.

Will get a couple next year

34 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

How did you get on?

Got those coursed above Snecky on the bucket list.

Will get a couple next year

Course in great condition as always, really firm and fast. Greens slick 👌

Golspie is really underrated imo. One of my favourite tracks. Membership something ridiculous like £380. Unreal value. 

was -3 after 4 holes , and ended up +4 for 74 . 

Snapped ma driver shaft at the 11 tee in a huff, after letting go of a  4 up lead at the turn.(Which should have been a 5 up lead, but my mate rolled in to half the hole, as I miss my birdie fae 8 ft.)I couldn't hit a ball after playing my best golf for years on the front 9. A head scratcher. 

Ended up drawing the game.

Bowls or darts 🤔🤪😆

hmfc_liam06
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Snapped ma driver shaft at the 11 tee in a huff, after letting go of a  4 up lead at the turn.(Which should have been a 5 up lead, but my mate rolled in to half the hole, as I miss my birdie fae 8 ft.)I couldn't hit a ball after playing my best golf for years on the front 9. A head scratcher. 

Bowls or darts 🤔🤪😆

:rofl:

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Bowls or darts 🤔🤪😆

How did you lose a 4 hole lead in 1 hole?

Edited by Ray Gin

9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

How did you lose a 4 hole lead in 1 hole?

3 hole penalty for club abuse? :vangry:😂

Don’t be snapping golf Clubs 🙈. Making an already expensive hobbie even more expensive . 

can’t snap a bowls ball tbf 🤣

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

Don’t be snapping golf Clubs 🙈. Making an already expensive hobbie even more expensive . 

can’t snap a bowls ball tbf 🤣

The blades will be next. Unless they go for a swim in a hazard.