Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

Matched the longest drive today. Not many left to come . 🤞 I'd have won it if I didn't clip the bank of a bunker.  Foot outside nearest the pin, anaw. Loved the front nine. Back nine, not so much

Edited by ri Alban

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Matched the longest drive today. Not many left to come . 🤞 I'd have won it if I didn't clip the bank of a bunker.  Foot outside nearest the pin, anaw. Loved the front nine. Back nine, not so much

How many shots did you take to match it though?

24 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

How many shots did you take to match it though?

Just the one. Hopefully get some credits later. 💪

Armageddon
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

For an unreal snooker player his putting is horrendous, also "155, I'm taking a wedge" aye ok, you swing like a 60 year old man FFS.

On 28/05/2023 at 22:52, Armageddon said:

For an unreal snooker player his putting is horrendous, also "155, I'm taking a wedge" aye ok, you swing like a 60 year old man FFS.

He's 54. It's more the belly.

Gonnae happen on our course soon, especially with the heat. Slow play ruins golf. 

A tip for some, if someone attacks you on a golf course, don't throw your club away, wrap it round their head.

Edited by ri Alban

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Gonnae happen on our course soon, especially with the heat. Slow play ruins golf. 

A tip for some, if someone attacks you on a golf course, don't throw your club away, wrap it round their head.

No groups should be taking more than 10 minutes a hole. If so, there is something far wrong. Issues arise with guys using rangefinders for shots under 70 yards all the time and kidding themselves on they can read greens. 

Like @Irufushisays, they should be seeking out a bowling membership. 

5 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

No groups should be taking more than 10 minutes a hole. If so, there is something far wrong. Issues arise with guys using rangefinders for shots under 70 yards all the time and kidding themselves on they can read greens. 

Like @Irufushisays, they should be seeking out a bowling membership. 

3B43EF55-F0FC-4E87-81CB-FFFCE5CFB4B7.jpeg

Tommy Brown

Saturday, should have broken 80.

Tonight I needed a birdie at 18 to beat 90.

Couldn't hit ball to save myself tonight.

Guff.

7 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Guff.

95E31305-749C-4E6D-8334-275AF1C5B1D8.jpeg

Rudi Skacel
35 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Guff.

thats golf mate. Got to remember we are amateurs. 

played tonight. Wasnt too bad but a couple bad holes. 

another matchplay tomorrow night. Ill be giving away two shots this time though. 

Enjoyed that today. Should have carded better, but a big improvement. 

I had a shot of the F9, the club I've been chasing and hit it about 280+. It felt so comfortable. If I can't get one in excellent condition, I'll go for the SZ. What a difference to my R1, tho that was going 260+ today. My chipping let me down a bit today, which is usually great. Putting coming back.  

I'm gonnae enjoy the course in this weather while I can. Out Sunday, but might go again the morra. 

🏌️♀️🏌️🌞😎💪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

The third one was supposed to be 👍 no idea how that is showing.

Edited by ri Alban

4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Played in a single tie last night, was 2 down with 4 to play.

Won all 4 😎

You’re a back nine warrior my boy. What’s causing the front nine shit? 

5 hours ago, Irufushi said:

The jack.

Tommy Brown
8 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Remember being the talk of clubhouse way back in our 9-hole coure days.

Was out in 50, 33 par.

Back in 33 with a dB at the 18th.

Before then we were a 32 par.

Was ot in 43, with a 12 at a par 3.

Back in a record for me at the time, 35.

Won the 36-hole trophy by 2 strokes. 

Had a 60 the previous day.

hmfc_liam06
8 hours ago, Irufushi said:

No idea tbh, but I’m still trying to get to grips playing with a weak left shoulder so my timing is away to ****. It’s like it takes me 9 holes to figure it out 😅

20 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I don’t know why some people play golf. They just seem kid themselves on.

Played in four ball today. 

One guy, gave himself preferred lies, everywhere, balls hit so far OB they were in a different postcode miraculously are in bounds, find your ball out of bounds apparently not a penalty shot if you play out of OB 🤷🏻‍♂️, giving yourself putts, took +8foot as conceded twice and clearly used a broken calculator when scoring. 

It was beyond ridiculous. I get it’s not the Masters but we weren’t even playing the same sport the rules were that different 😂

Thankfully, me and my partner won the game fairly handily. However, I did wonder the point of this pretence was. 

You're a bigger man than me. I'd be banned by now. I can't abide cheating. 

Tho I do believe the rules should be changed about landing in divets. Boils ma piss when you hit a great shot and you end up in some ***** mess. Tho we thieving birdies could be part of the problem.

Edited by ri Alban

What about being in a footprint in the bunker from a group in front? Worse than a fairway divot. And why do some leave the rake in the middle of the bunker instead of edge where you can collect without leaving additional footprints?

Tommy Brown
10 hours ago, kila said:

What about being in a footprint in the bunker from a group in front? Worse than a fairway divot. And why do some leave the rake in the middle of the bunker instead of edge where you can collect without leaving additional footprints?

Played at Monifieth on Friday.

Their starter made the point of putting the rake back into the middle of the bunker.

I have had bad lies even the rake has stopped the ball close to the bunker edge.

Boils my piss when players don't even bother to repair a bunker. Would ban these *******s along with the cuts that leave plug marks.

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Played at Monifieth on Friday.

Their starter made the point of putting the rake back into the middle of the bunker.

I have had bad lies even the rake has stopped the ball close to the bunker edge.

Boils my piss when players don't even bother to repair a bunker. Would ban these *******s along with the cuts that leave plug marks.

When I took up the game and played various courses in team matches or opens, just about all had signage or local rule info stating the rake should be placed in the middle and on the flat of a bunker. I've always followed this etiquette to this day and don't agree with rakes being left outside. 

13 hours ago, kila said:

Don’t put it in the bunker would be my advice. 

hmfc_liam06
3 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

When I took up the game and played various courses in team matches or opens, just about all had signage or local rule info stating the rake should be placed in the middle and on the flat of a bunker. I've always followed this etiquette to this day and don't agree with rakes being left outside. 

Another for inside the bunker. A rake outside of a bunker can impact play, if it’s inside then it’s not really going to affect anything.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Another for inside the bunker. A rake outside of a bunker can impact play, if it’s inside then it’s not really going to affect anything.

Think the point more, is putting it on the flat of the bunker away from the edges.

Had balls resting against rakes close to the lip and unable to swing fully.

hmfc_liam06
Just now, Tommy Brown said:

Think the point more, is putting it on the flat of the bunker away from the edges.

Yip which is why they should be in the bunker.

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Don't see a problem with where a rake sits. Just mark beside your ball and move the rake, if the ball moves , replace it. But I'm sure we all know this. Or don't hit your ball near the bunker 🤗😆👍🤪😎🏌️

I would leave bunkers as proper hazards and not rake them, if you go in one (not been in one for years)  then just smooth it out with your foot. 

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Don't see a problem with where a rake sits. Just mark beside your ball and move the rake, if the ball moves , replace it. But I'm sure we all know this. Or don't hit your ball near the bunker 🤗😆👍🤪😎🏌️

The rake stops the ball running into the bunker. You have no backswing.

51 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

I would leave bunkers as proper hazards and not rake them, if you go in one (not been in one for years)  then just smooth it out with your foot. 

No many bunkers on pitch and putts right enough

In the bunker but the handle touching the edge so you can get it without walking into the bunker? Otherwise you leave footprints getting the rake before you've taken your shot and if you don't get out in one there's a risk your ball will end up in one of those footprints.

28 minutes ago, sinks said:

No many bunkers on pitch and putts right enough

You still agitated at my 80+ golfers being banned from playing? Wasn’t personal, lad. 

12 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

You still agitated at my 80+ golfers being banned from playing? Wasn’t personal, lad. 

🤣

Rudi Skacel

Just ignore him. He’s getting boring. Though would be interested to know his name so we can see his scores. Doubt he will do that though. 

It has seemed to gradually get calmer. The LIV trip to Australia seemed to soften some attitudes. Getting such a good reaction from people in an under developed market. Players like Keopka not inflaming things at his PGA victory. Still a surprise. Good week for the Saudis.

Byyy The Light

So many people looking very silly now and will have to do an about turn 🤣

Writing was on the wall when they announced they’ll be selling the teams as franchises. Player trading/transfers etc will all happen eventually and PGA have gone for the blood money they were so appalled at.

4Aces etc will become Callaway/Taylormade etc backed teams and it will be like F1 eventually which was always the plan.

Byyy The Light
51 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It has seemed to gradually get calmer. The LIV trip to Australia seemed to soften some attitudes. Getting such a good reaction from people in an under developed market. Players like Keopka not inflaming things at his PGA victory. Still a surprise. Good week for the Saudis.

Top players must’ve been aware what was going on behind the scenes. Rory had massively softened and the cynic in me wondered if him being one of the first and only on camera to congratulate Brooks as he walked at the end was staged.

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Looking forward to Jamie Weir's excuses/back-peddling/tears! 😂 

And brandel and his paddy pal mcginley 😂😂😂

is all very strange tbh.