Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Best i have driven the ball this season, shot 73, +1. 38 stableford points, and more importantly i am now a 2 handicap :yas: that was the target at the start of the season, started the year at 4.3, should now be around 2.1 or 2.2.

beboto, they were going around behind us coring the greens i'm afraid !

Well done. Only the 1 hole I'll get 2 shots off you :lol:

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Samuel Camazzola

Best i have driven the ball this season, shot 73, +1. 38 stableford points, and more importantly i am now a 2 handicap :yas: that was the target at the start of the season, started the year at 4.3, should now be around 2.1 or 2.2.

Well done. That is some progress in one season for a cat 1 golfer. The opens have paid dividends for you (as well as gaining some decent prizes too).

What have you got in mind with all your vouchers you've won? Or did you secure most of the prizes in cash?

Well done. That is some progress in one season for a cat 1 golfer. The opens have paid dividends for you (as well as gaining some decent prizes too).

What have you got in mind with all your vouchers you've won? Or did you secure most of the prizes in cash?

Spent them all as I go :lol: bought a rangefinder, a new titliest 3 wood, 2 vokey wedges, a taylormade tour black spider putter,a new pair of Adidas shoes,used the last of them today on new puma trousers and winter top.

If I get any next year I will bank them in my local pro shop and they don't void, don't need anything now, only bought the 3 wood because I could haha. My xhot driver is staying in the bag for a long time yet!

William H. Bonney

Spent them all as I go :lol: bought a rangefinder, a new titliest 3 wood, 2 vokey wedges, a taylormade tour black spider putter,a new pair of Adidas shoes,used the last of them today on new puma trousers and winter top.

If I get any next year I will bank them in my local pro shop and they don't void, don't need anything now, only bought the 3 wood because I could haha. My xhot driver is staying in the bag for a long time yet!

I won a golf glove this year.

Samuel Camazzola

That's better earnings than some on the Europro Tour gain!

Bigsmak

How did you do at Castle Stuart?

Played better than I scored. 30 points with 4 (four) lost balls. Just went a bit crazy...

However that was one of the best golfing experiences I have ever had. A beautiful golf course. Truly wonderful day out. Next time I won't be in a nightclub to 2am before playing..

Oooops

Fecking typical lol

Played better than I scored. 30 points with 4 (four) lost balls. Just went a bit crazy...

However that was one of the best golfing experiences I have ever had. A beautiful golf course. Truly wonderful day out. Next time I won't be in a nightclub to 2am before playing..

Oooops

The curse of Johnny Foxes lol

I'm up next weekend, can't wait

Oooops

Glad you enjoyed it, it's a special course.

Gents, couple of Titleist clubs for sale if anybody fancies:

Titleist 915 d2 9.5 brand new with regular Aldila Rouge shaft.

£140.

917 f3 15 degrees fairway in good condition. No head cover or draw weight just the standard setting with a Dianana 80 stiff shaft. 

£140.

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

£140.

917 f3 15 degrees fairway in good condition. No head cover or draw weight just the standard setting with a Dianana 80 stiff shaft. 

£140.

A month or two later and I'd have taken that driver...

13 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Shame, it’s brand spanking too!!!  

Yeah, just too much on. House just went up for sale and I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks in November.

If you still have it (unlikely) towards end of Nov, let me know. I'll convince the wife for Xmas.

49 minutes ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

Played broomieknowe today. Winter tees and winter greens, both of which were shocking. Not an enjoyable round. 

Winter course in October? Brutal!

William H. Bonney
36 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Winter course in October? Brutal!

On approach to one green the greenkeeper removed the flag and proceeded to whiz round it in his wee vehicle. We putted with him on the green. 

It was farcical. The real greens actually looked nice. Pity. 

Oh, and ****ing leaves. I hate leaves. 

On 10/10/2017 at 22:22, Armageddon said:

Shame, it’s brand spanking too!!!  

Still got it? I’m thinking about it... :teehee:

3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Clubs bought from Armageddon come with a guaranteed handicap reduction,  100%

34 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Christ at my level I'd hope so :lol:

luckyBatistuta
20 hours ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

Played broomieknowe today. Winter tees and winter greens, both of which were shocking. Not an enjoyable round. 

Hmm, just about to ditch my membership at Liberton to join there. It's mainly for my boys, as they've got a good junior section, but not happy that they're on their winter greens already. It's one of the things that p's me off about Liberton. Played on Wednesday and they had winter greens and the course becomes a joke, it's short enough as it is.

luckyBatistuta
On 10/10/2017 at 19:15, Armageddon said:

£140.

£140.

Bought that driver too and it sits in my bag gathering dust most of the time. Went back to my old Burner driver.

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Hmm, just about to ditch my membership at Liberton to join there. It's mainly for my boys, as they've got a good junior section, but not happy that they're on their winter greens already. It's one of the things that p's me off about Liberton. Played on Wednesday and they had winter greens and the course becomes a joke, it's short enough as it is.

Yeah, it's far from ideal. Their summer greens look nice too. It was 25 years since I last played broomieknowe. I won't be back in a hurry. 

This shitey weather has lead to me being quite happy the season's over.   Links games aside,  I hope not to be looking upon my clubs locker door before March.  

Playing silverknowes today in a three club thingy. Never played there before. Thinking 4 iron and 9

... Any advice

Edited by Bigsmak
Spelling

On 13/10/2017 at 08:29, hmfc_liam06 said:

21 hours ago, Irufushi said:

?? You’ve done amazing with those irons!!

Yes Liam I’ve still got the driver ... let me know ASAP!!

Absolutely loved Eyemouth. Fantastic course.

Had to hit a punchy three quarter 4 iron from 156 on that par 3 over the cliff. :lol: Straight in to the wind.

1 hour ago, Sten Guns said:

Absolutely loved Eyemouth. Fantastic course.

Had to hit a punchy three quarter 4 iron from 156 on that par 3 over the cliff. :lol: Straight in to the wind.

That’s the exact shot I hit too

my partner ballooned 3 wood to 6 feet and nailed the putt for a nett 1!

how did you score?

11 minutes ago, StSow said:

That’s the exact shot I hit too

my partner ballooned 3 wood to 6 feet and nailed the putt for a nett 1!

how did you score?

It was a pairs better ball (stableford). We managed 36 points.

Didnt dovetail well at all. Think 43 was leading when I left and I was off early!

Edited by Sten Guns

7 minutes ago, Sten Guns said:

It was a pairs better ball (stableford). We managed 36 points.

Didnt dovetail well at all. Think 43 was leading when I left and I was off early!

Aye, I was in the 3rd group out and the guys we were playing with had 43, they were praying for more wind and rain because that was likely a couple short. We had 41. 

The greens were so much slower than last week just due to the rain in the week and we holed nothing of any length. 

19 minutes ago, StSow said:

Aye, I was in the 3rd group out and the guys we were playing with had 43, they were praying for more wind and rain because that was likely a couple short. We had 41. 

The greens were so much slower than last week just due to the rain in the week and we holed nothing of any length. 

Yeah I found the greens really slow. 

No real excuse for our score I suppose, but it was annoying.

Will definitely go back!

That 600 yard par 5, were you able to try and get on in 2? I had 287 left and had to lay up. A good drive on a dry summer fairway and it’s definitely doable I’d imagine.

11 minutes ago, Sten Guns said:

Will definitely go back!

That 600 yard par 5, were you able to try and get on in 2? I had 287 left and had to lay up. A good drive on a dry summer fairway and it’s definitely doable I’d imagine.

313 yard drive  :sweeet:  *damn the sweeet smiley has gone*

Very few things in life are more satisfying than the feeling when you smash a drive like that down the middle.

Not had many of them this year unfortunately. I've gone right downhill off the tee.

Edited by Ray Gin

16 minutes ago, Sten Guns said:

Will definitely go back!

I had the chance yeah, reckon a rescue would have got there with the downwind from the right suiting my draw. Unfortunately my partner didn’t have the best lay up and he just rolled his eyes when I suggested it. 9 iron lay up it was instead. 

Most of of the time it’s pointless as stopping it on the green is near impossible in the summer. Not the easiest chip/pitch from the back either. 9/10 I leave myself 80ish yards

4 minutes ago, StSow said:

I had the chance yeah, reckon a rescue would have got there with the downwind from the right suiting my draw. Unfortunately my partner didn’t have the best lay up and he just rolled his eyes when I suggested it. 9 iron lay up it was instead. 

Most of of the time it’s pointless as stopping it on the green is near impossible in the summer. Not the easiest chip/pitch from the back either. 9/10 I leave myself 80ish yards

Very true. Probably the right call regardless then!

18 hours ago, Sten Guns said:

Very true. Probably the right call regardless then!

The par 3 6th was a flick with a PW today. Slight difference to a drilled 4 iron yesterday :lol:

Was out for the first time in two weeks today, and over 3 weeks since my last played my home course, it’s absolutely sodden! Still nice to get out for a wee bit of practice.

13 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Liam ... talk to us!

300 yards + and straight was the guarantee ;)

Ha! Mixed results. First few were quite flat but then hit a couple of beauties and finished up with a couple of god awful swings...can't blame the club for those.

The couple of really good strikes are promising though.

19 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Was out for the first time in two weeks today, and over 3 weeks since my last played my home course, it’s absolutely sodden! Still nice to get out for a wee bit of practice.

We played Charleton yesterday and it was exactly the same. I'd imagine 99% of parkland courses are a bog with the recent weather. 

Samuel Camazzola

Played The PGA Centenary Course at Gleneagles today. Simply stunning! Easily the best course I've ever played and the condition was superb - especially for late October. 

The whole set up is on another level and getting to play the same track that I watched the Ryder Cup from the side made it special. 

For anyone who's not played it but has it on their list, don't hesitate paying the higher green fee as you'll not be disappointed. 

One thing for sure is that it looks easier when the holes are framed with stands! :D

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

From talking to anyone that's played up there, the PGA is the worst of the 3...by quite a bit.

I'd have to play the other two to pass comment but from seeing the PGA course being played by the best to now getting to play it, it's an amazing design and in tremendous condition. 

9 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I'd have to play the other two to pass comment but from seeing the PGA course being played by the best to now getting to play it, it's an amazing design and in tremendous condition. 

I'd certainly love to play it!

Been lucky enough to play all 3, the Queens only a few weeks ago.  The PGA definitely sits in 3rd place for me, the Queens isn't the longest but the par 3's are all outstanding and then the tee shot on 18 is class!  One of my favourite view in golf is looking up the first on the Kings, that gives you the correct impression of what you're about to face.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread