• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Picked up the clubs for the 1st time since October at the driving range last night. Some "interesting" shots to start with but got the feeling back. Anyone on here play around the Leeds area?

39 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Sounds class. Any idea what club hire costs on these kind of deals? 

Don't know about some of the guys but I'll be taking my own. £60 to take them on the flight, I'd imagine it works out cheaper.

On 2/13/2018 at 10:16, hmfc_liam06 said:

Has anyone arranged a group booking abroad before? A wee bit away but we're considering it as part of our society for next spring.

For comparison I've looked at deals for this March/April and there's plenty around £120-£150 for 3 or 4 nights plus golf, mostly around Murcia/Algarve.

Any experiences/recommendations?

Hi there,

Try www.amgolfholidays.co.uk

Been with them four or five times - great value for top hotels like Donna Fillipa (5 star) in Portugal with golf at San Lorenza. also at Penina. 

Do a full range in Spain/ Portugal. The guy Adrian Murray has shedloads of experience, and we never had any problems at all on any of the trips.

Have a good one wherever you end up.

Cheers

Mac.

1 hour ago, merrymac said:

Hi there,

Try www.amgolfholidays.co.uk

Been with them four or five times - great value for top hotels like Donna Fillipa (5 star) in Portugal with golf at San Lorenza. also at Penina. 

Do a full range in Spain/ Portugal. The guy Adrian Murray has shedloads of experience, and we never had any problems at all on any of the trips.

Have a good one wherever you end up.

Cheers

Mac.

Cheers, I'll check them out.

22 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Good courses in that list. Vila sol is superb   . Pinta and gremacho are are also very good and a bit easier. Silves is good but a wee bit hillier. At alto it pished down with rain all day and I was proper hanging so couldn’t give you a reasonable opinion to be honest. 

Carviero town was decent, fairly small and nothing too mental but a decent night out. 

If if you end up going and need any advice on the golf just give me a shout, played most of them 3 times 

1 hour ago, StSow said:

Good courses in that list. Vila sol is superb   . Pinta and gremacho are are also very good and a bit easier. Silves is good but a wee bit hillier. At alto it pished down with rain all day and I was proper hanging so couldn’t give you a reasonable opinion to be honest. 

Carviero town was decent, fairly small and nothing too mental but a decent night out. 

If if you end up going and need any advice on the golf just give me a shout, played most of them 3 times 

Brilliant cheers mate.

Albufeira isn’t too far for a livelier night out?

19 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Brilliant cheers mate.

Albufeira isn’t too far for a livelier night out?

Sorry mate never been. Think we went to praia da rocha (spelling) one night and that was certainly livlier. However we were staying in alvor on that occasion. There’s a few resort type towns along the coast in that area so you’ll find something for sure 

Despite the winter greens I still managed to take the Shot Scope for a whirl and got to say, I was pretty disappointed. 

The device itself is really good and I love the putting system on it but having seen my mates Game Golf dashboard and the presentation of the data, the Shot Scope dashboard left me pretty underwhelmed. Game Golf displays things very visually, demonstrates dispersion, proximity to pin etc where as Shot Scope just feeds back raw data. They're both essentially doing the same thing but I'm a visual learner so Game Golf appears to be the winner for me.

I see they are releasing a new version this year, think I'll hold off for that.

• An average-based calculation of a handicap, taken from the best eight out of the last 20 scores and factoring in memory of previous demonstrated ability for better responsiveness and control 

I like the sound of yjat

• A limit of Net Double Bogey on the maximum hole score (for handicapping purposes only)  

Never understand why its a net DB, why not just a bloody DB.?

I'm a 15 H'cap who has been 11 a couple of times. The only thing I care about, is trying to get my h'cap down.

I have only won a handful of things in 35 years :lol:

loads of 2nd and 3rds. 

Think this system would keep me lower, just need to get my really short game close sorted.

First full round since October today , played Tain, was in good condition and shot +4 after going out in +4. Happy with that. 

Cracking day for it. 

On 2/25/2018 at 17:15, Irufushi said:

First full round since October today , played Tain, was in good condition and shot +4 after going out in +4. Happy with that. 

Cracking day for it. 

What's Tain like? I need to get back up that way soon.

I'm hoping to get across to Machrihanish this year, thinking of doing an overnighter - travel, play, stay, play, travel. Tiring but worth it.

Can anybody talk to me about Golf Clubs for Cash?

I have some old TaylorMade RBZ woods I want rid of and I want to buy something they have listed on their site ... assume it's as simple as explaining that??!!

Haha sounds daft and pretty obvious now I read it back, any advice from experience is appreciated.

I went to the driving range the other day to swing some clubs for the first time since the end of October.

I felt like I'd been in a car crash the following day and could barely move. I'm getting old. :(

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

I have some old TaylorMade RBZ woods I want rid of and I want to buy something they have listed on their site ... assume it's as simple as explaining that??!!

Haha sounds daft and pretty obvious now I read it back, any advice from experience is appreciated.

Place out at Bilston? 

If so, I think they are reasonable to deal with. I contacted them about a discontinued club they had in stock and they were open to negotiation. 

2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Hi there.

Good guys to deal with.

Usually offer fairly decent prices and will negotiate on their price.

Send them a description of the clubs you are selling - detailed as possible. They will make you an offer (subject to being seen).

Mention the clubs you are interested in buying.

If you are local just take a trip up, its like an Aladdins cave of golf gear.!!

Happy shopping

Shank said no
3 hours ago, Armageddon said:

My experience with them is you will not get anywhere near the true valuation of your clubs so they can sell your club or clubs making 100% profit or more and by going into there premises you only get between 15 and 20 pound of sets of irons and between 10 and 15 of individual clubs . Being honest these places are all much the same although the only other one i have dealt with was Affordable golf who offered me far more than Golf clubs for cash did although when i showed them this they said they would price match it . 

Edited by Shank said no

4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

What's Tain like? I need to get back up that way soon.

I'm hoping to get across to Machrihanish this year, thinking of doing an overnighter - travel, play, stay, play, travel. Tiring but worth it.

Tains a really good track, probably one of the tougher links courses up this was too, always in good condition . 

3 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Tains a really good track, probably one of the tougher links courses up this was too, always in good condition . 

Loads of quality "lesser known" courses up your way, could spend a good couple weeks up there!

Disser Pointon

12 hole stableford yesterday on Loch Lomond.................. At the shotscope in the pro shop!!!! I was hopeless.

On 29/01/2018 at 20:31, Armageddon said:

Scott Gourlay seems to make people moist, he’s at Craigmiller Park.

I’ve booked a time with Scott Fraser next week. Quite looking forward to it to be fair. I’m currently using some old burner driver from 10 years ago so hopefully the new tech will show a bit of an improvement.

Mind you, I don’t think they are miracle workers.

hmfc_liam06

Wee bit of advice gents.

I booked Mar Hall for one of our outings this year. I signed their T's & C's...

However, we're not going to have the numbers for it so I've informed them we're cancelling. Her reply is that we're liable for the full amount.

Now...all they have is my name, my email address and my scribble on a bit of paper.

I'm pretty sure they can bolt? They have no personal details, I've no idea how they could even go about pursuing.

What do you think, safely ignore them?

hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

sounds like she’s at it. 

It is in the T's & C's to be fair but I really don't see how they could pursue it - they've nothing, no address (I'm moving in 2 weeks anyway!), no phone number, no bank details.

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

It is in the T's & C's to be fair but I really don't see how they could pursue it - they've nothing, no address (I'm moving in 2 weeks anyway!), no phone number, no bank details.

She posts on here, didn't you realise?

Tommy Brown

Heading down to Eyemouth on Saturday (Open Stableford)

Played it during the Xmas hols for the first time (bloody bitterly cold and windy) then came home and into Tyney for the the 0-0 draw with the muppets.

Took about a week to thaw out. Hopefully handle it better his time, liked the course.

hmfc_liam06
40 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

She posts on here, didn't you realise?

Good, she'll know exactly where I stand then :lol:

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Heading down to Eyemouth on Saturday (Open Stableford)

Played it during the Xmas hols for the first time (bloody bitterly cold and windy) then came home and into Tyney for the the 0-0 draw with the muppets.

Took about a week to thaw out. Hopefully handle it better his time, liked the course.

Was out for 9 holes this afternoon. Course is looking really good and apart from a puddle or 2 on the fairways its showing no damage from the recent bad weather. 

Ive committed to playing both days and based on today’s golf it’s 2 entry fees down the pan :laugh4:

Good luck and enjoy it :thumbsup:

John mcCartney

sent away the forms for me opens this season.feelin good about this year,swing technique has really went up a level

im gutted that goswick is full up as ive been goin to that one for a few years now

winterfield
haddington
duddingston
longniddry
southerness (never been,sounds classic rugged links but have heard mixed opinions)
montrose
mortonhall
monktonhall musselburgh
panmure 

theres a dundonald callaway open goin on n all,that looks tasty ....55 blabbs for the entry sounds decent

hmfc_liam06
11 hours ago, John mcCartney said:

sent away the forms for me opens this season.feelin good about this year,swing technique has really went up a level

im gutted that goswick is full up as ive been goin to that one for a few years now

winterfield
haddington
duddingston
longniddry
southerness (never been,sounds classic rugged links but have heard mixed opinions)
montrose
mortonhall
monktonhall musselburgh
panmure 

theres a dundonald callaway open goin on n all,that looks tasty ....55 blabbs for the entry sounds decent

Some cracking courses in there.

Intending on playing a few of the Golf Scotland scrambles this year:

Longniddry

Brechin

Stiring

Dunblane

The Carrick

Not got any opens booked, will play it by ear.

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Some cracking courses in there.

Intending on playing a few of the Golf Scotland scrambles this year:

Longniddry

Brechin

Stiring

Dunblane

The Carrick

Not got any opens booked, will play it by ear.

Betterball Stableford pairs on at Longniddry in August. Winners progress to next stage at Carnoustie with winners of that going to Euro finals in Spain. 

https://europe.clgolfleagues.com/longniddry-golf-club/

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Tiger Woods T2nd a shot behind in the latest PGA event.    His 4th event since his comeback.     I think it's remarkable how quickly he's achieved being in contention for a tournament.

Apparently now one of the favs in the betting for The Masters.     Maybe taking it a bit too far too soon but it would be fantastic for major events to have him challenging again.

I've still to swing a club since October.   Really need to shift my lazy arse into gear and at least have a swing in the back garden.    Then on to having a few hittings sessions.     The thought though..

:levein2:

15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Tiger Woods T2nd a shot behind in the latest PGA event.    His 4th event since his comeback.     I think it's remarkable how quickly he's achieved being in contention for a tournament.

Apparently now one of the favs in the betting for The Masters.     Maybe taking it a bit too far too soon but it would be fantastic for major events to have him challenging again.

The 45-foot putt Tiger drained on the 17th was unreal. Great win for Casey though, cracking final round.

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

I think he deserves to be up there on current form. I actually fancy his chances at Bay Hill next week.

Course this week really helped him , a lot of irons off the tee ( although he did drive it well when he did use it) actually feel he made an error up the last using an iron and leaving himself 185 to the pin needing a birdie . 

Really would love to see him win the masters :wub: 

Love putts like that.   Downhill putt that keeps running out.     Watching it start to take the break as the pace comes off.    A few feet from the hole and it can't miss.

:greggy:

Disser Pointon

Tiger maintaining his form, hope he has a good Masters. Wouldn't want him to win it as I'm not a massive fan but think it would add to what is already my favourite major. 

On 29/01/2018 at 20:31, Armageddon said:

Scott Gourlay seems to make people moist, he’s at Craigmiller Park.

Got round to my fitting at Scott Gourlay centre last night, Scott Fraser took the session and I’ve got to say he was excellent at figuring out the right shaft and club head for me. The dispersion on my driver plummeted. I tried out a few heads titleist and new callaway included but ended up with the cobra f8 on a stiff Accra shaft. The consistency (according to trackman) was night and day compared to current driver. If anyone is thinking about a fitting I would highly recommend these guys and Scott Fraser was fantastic.

Two week wait for the new toy and hopefully the trackman results are same on the course!

Edited by dicksojo

2 hours ago, dicksojo said:

Got round to my fitting at Scott Gourlay centre last night, Scott Fraser took the session and I’ve got to say he was excellent at figuring out the right shaft and club head for me. The dispersion on my driver plummeted. I tried out a few heads titleist and new callaway included but ended up with the cobra f8 on a stiff Accra shaft. The consistency (according to trackman) was night and day compared to current driver. If anyone is thinking about a fitting I would highly recommend these guys and Scott Fraser was fantastic.

Two week wait for the new toy and hopefully the trackman results are same on the course!

Great stuff!  Hope it works out well on the course for you.

hmfc_liam06

Another weekend of shite weather. Another weekend of no golf.

Beginning to wonder what a golf club looks like!

12 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Another weekend of shite weather. Another weekend of no golf.

Beginning to wonder what a golf club looks like!

Indeed, I was hoping to get out for my first round of the year. :sadrobbo:

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Indeed, I was hoping to get out for my first round of the year. :sadrobbo:

It's brutal. Heading into the new season covered in rust!