Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

I reckon I've had 10-12 games at hirsel this summer with the same mate, I'd say he's chunked it into the burn about 8 times from the 10th tee. Stuck in his head!

heading over tonight for my first game there in 4 weeks. Greens good? They've already done most of the winter work on them so was waiting until they recovered before heading over again.

The pin was cut to the very front and I watched a mate blast a 60 degree wedge thru the back. I only have a 56 so I tickled it straight into the burn.

Second day I gave it a bit more and landed just short. Managed to get up and down that time though.

Course was in really good condition. I was unaware of any winter work until you said it there so that probably says everything you need to know.

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just had a look at my medal rounds analysis. 9 medals. 7 birdies. Now sitting at 15 double bogey+.

Under a birdie a round. Not a kick in the erse off averaging 2 DBs a round. It's a neck and neck race between par and bogey.

:vrface: is this the slippery slope?

Edited by Victorian

Cyprus Jambo

I'm off all of next week and hoping the weather is kind...

Sat & Sun - Hirsel

Mon - Kelso & Roxburghe

Tues - Lochgelly tuesday comp (home club)

Wed - Leven

Thurs - Lochgelly thurs comp

Fri - Crail

Sat - North Inch

Sun - Lundin

I'll either be bang on form or utterly dross by Sunday, I'll lean towards the latter.

Starting to wonder how many of you guys are married and/or have kids. Would love to play this much golf but as a 9-5 office worker, including every 2nd Sunday, I hardly get to play as often as I want. Try to play every week but feel guilty playing a Saturday and working a Sunday as love having family time too. Paw Patrol this Saturday and MidFest on Sunday is a good example of no golf this weekend. Only manged about 5 medals so far this season as it seems the Sunday's I do play there is no medal on.

Starting to wonder how many of you guys are married and/or have kids. Would love to play this much golf but as a 9-5 office worker, including every 2nd Sunday, I hardly get to play as often as I want. Try to play every week but feel guilty playing a Saturday and working a Sunday as love having family time too. Paw Patrol this Saturday and MidFest on Sunday is a good example of no golf this weekend. Only manged about 5 medals so far this season as it seems the Sunday's I do play there is no medal on.

Mon - Fri 7-4. 19 month old, girlfriend is spot on, try and get 3-4 rounds / 9 holes a week, normally at least one is a comp, mainly away comps.

Shot my handicap this morning in the medal despite three 3 putts and 3 off the tee on the first. :lol:

Another what could / should have been.

Projected standard Scratch looks like it's going up so should be 0.2 off. Better than nothing.

Back to playing off 10.

Ratho Park open Sunday.

Mon - Fri 7-4. 19 month old, girlfriend is spot on, try and get 3-4 rounds / 9 holes a week, normally at least one is a comp, mainly away comps.

Mon - Fri 9-5.30, married with a 3 year old. Similar to yourself, she's spot on with it.

I tend to play one midweek round and then one at the weekend. I'll play early doors and get back for 12 or so and then we've got the rest of the day together to do as we please. Some weekends I'll play 2 rounds but again I'll ensure they're at times where I can do something before or after a round - I'm equally as happy playing at 3 in the afternoon as I am playing at 7 in the morning. All about compromise.

Played the Fidra Links at Archerfield and Craigielaw this week - Craigielaw was a bit MEH, the Fidra was outstanding, really lucky with the weather down there this week.

Played the Fidra Links at Archerfield and Craigielaw this week - Craigielaw was a bit MEH, the Fidra was outstanding, really lucky with the weather down there this week.

Felt the very same anytime ive played Craigielaw

Played Leven and Crail Craighead the past two days.

Leven in superb condition, a proper rugged links. Craighead was a bit of a let down in comparison to its older brother, Balcomie. Decent enough course and in great condition but lacks character.

Played Leven and Crail Craighead the past two days.

Leven in superb condition, a proper rugged links. Craighead was a bit of a let down in comparison to its older brother, Balcomie. Decent enough course and in great condition but lacks character.

I feel the same about Craighead it's only been shaped by rough no other real definition or character.

I feel the same about Craighead it's only been shaped by rough no other real definition or character.

Balcomie is such a great course as well. Craighead actually reminded me of the Fairmont courses.

74 gross for me, out in +3 back in -1 after a bogey up the last. Css sitting at 74, so should get back to 3.1, and currently leading the scratch section :yas:

Back at work today after the week of golf, I think I need another to recover!

Finished up yesterday with a round at my favourite course, Lundin Links. Played for the first time with my uncle, for some reason I was bricking it and proceeded to make an absolute meal of the first 4 holes going 6/5/7/6. Eventually settled and turned it around, getting home bang on handicap.

Not sure if anyone seen their post on Facebook over the weekend but someone went across the 6th green with a motorbike and created a deep rut right across the width of the green. It'll take absolute ages to get it back to how it was. Scum.

Boy caught cheating at the club yesterday in respect of his sons score, the dad compiles the scores and he's marked his son as off 40 and not the 35 and issued the scores/closed the comp. On the results his sons score was the only one not listed but he had him in the prizes. Club trying to sort it out.

Hope he's hit by lightening. Hate cheats.

Went up to Forfar on Sunday with a mate to play in their Open 4 ball better ball, mate from Bathgate picked me up, so best part of 2hrs travel for him. Then we weren't allowed to play, on arrival we were told we didn't have playing partners but they had organised a marker, this was about 40mins before our tee time. So we got ready then went to the starter about 10mins before our tee time to be told we couldn't play as they didn't have a marker and got nothing but attitude from the guy basically saying it's not his problem and what do we want him to do. I wasn't happy to say the least, I've reported them to both the R&A and SGU. Absolute joke of a set up, how can you take people's money let them enter a comp, then tell them when they're due to tee off that they can't play, let alone be so rude to them when it's your mistake.

Wee shites. No need for it.

The amount of wee tossers laughing about it in the comments.

:seething:

I would like to run a dirt bike over their faces.

Went up to Forfar on Sunday with a mate to play in their Open 4 ball better ball, mate from Bathgate picked me up, so best part of 2hrs travel for him. Then we weren't allowed to play, on arrival we were told we didn't have playing partners but they had organised a marker, this was about 40mins before our tee time. So we got ready then went to the starter about 10mins before our tee time to be told we couldn't play as they didn't have a marker and got nothing but attitude from the guy basically saying it's not his problem and what do we want him to do. I wasn't happy to say the least, I've reported them to both the R&A and SGU. Absolute joke of a set up, how can you take people's money let them enter a comp, then tell them when they're due to tee off that they can't play, let alone be so rude to them when it's your mistake.

What I don't get is you're allowed to play in a scramble and mark your own card yet you can't in a 4BBB.

It doesn't make sense and should be addressed.

That's poor.

I played a 4BBB at Duddy recently and they sent a pair out on their own due to a no show. Clearly put the trust in the players.

Also played somewhere that's sent out a 6 ball instead.

Either way, the players weren't bumped.

Thanks for the replies guys, more than I've had from Forfar Golf Club, they haven't even had the decency to acknowledge my email, let alone apologies or defend their situation. They have posted the results of the competition on Facebook but neither myself or my playing partner are on Facebook or we would have posted comments next to that.

Samuel Camazzola

Thanks for the replies guys, more than I've had from Forfar Golf Club, they haven't even had the decency to acknowledge my email, let alone apologies or defend their situation. They have posted the results of the competition on Facebook but neither myself or my playing partner are on Facebook or we would have posted comments next to that.

That's terrible form from them. If I was in a position of club captain or secretary, I'd be doing everything I could to speak to you and try to put things right. Complimentary round, dinner and free entry to next year's competition etc...

What was the position of the guy who was useless? Just a volunteer or club pro?

That's terrible form from them. If I was in a position of club captain or secretary, I'd be doing everything I could to speak to you and try to put things right. Complimentary round, dinner and free entry to next year's competition etc...

What was the position of the guy who was useless? Just a volunteer or club pro?

He was just a committee member, pretty much told us 4 of them had covered the comp that day, he was last on so how was he meant to know there was a problem, what was he meant to do, how did we expect him to get a marker. Pretty much wasn't interested and didn't try to do anything to help. I told him it was up to him to organise it and they'd known about the problem all day, all he said was what time did I get here, what can I do?

A few of us are on Facebook I'd imagine.

A JKB posting witch hunt...? :look:

I've now emailed the President of The Angus County Golf Association, wonder if I'll hear anything from them. Anyway I've a long drive down to The Belfry now, so should probably concentrate on that now and hopefully someone in Forfar will see sense and get back to me.

luckyBatistuta

Boy caught cheating at the club yesterday in respect of his sons score, the dad compiles the scores and he's marked his son as off 40 and not the 35 and issued the scores/closed the comp. On the results his sons score was the only one not listed but he had him in the prizes. Club trying to sort it out.

Hope he's hit by lightening. Hate cheats.

Can't understand why you'd cheat/teach your kid to cheat, your only cheating yourself. How can you take any satisfaction from winning something, knowing you shouldn't have :facepalm:

Best round of my life (so far) today. Shot 65, -4. Could have been a few lower too, burned the edge on 16 and 18 for birdie, missed a tiddler for par on 12 too. All in all I can't complain :lol:

43 stableford points, get her updated :verysmug:

William H. Bonney

65 is an outstanding round of golf. Well done.

I played kirkcaldy yesterday. Nice course. I had 4 eagle putts on the back nine after greening 3 par 4s.

I was 5 down through 5 but managed to win the match 1 up.

Edited by Jefferson Davis Hogg

65 is an outstanding round of golf. Well done.

I played kirkcaldy yesterday. Nice course. I had 4 eagle putts on the back nine after greening 3 par 4s.

I was 5 down through 5 but managed to win the match 1 up.

17th is a cracker of a hole.

Best round of my life (so far) today. Shot 65, -4. Could have been a few lower too, burned the edge on 16 and 18 for birdie, missed a tiddler for par on 12 too. All in all I can't complain :lol:

Some shooting! I've a few scores to catch up with so I'll try get them on today.

Clapping that score from my sofa!  Outstanding!

Already got my order in for the 917 in October ... i'm sure one would be a great addition to your bag ;)

Really solid scoring, putting a bit shit today? :lol:

Believe it or not, it was an improvement. 5/6 footers were really solid, nice short "stroke" into the back of the hole. 20 footers, which should occasionally get nailed weren't even given a chance of dropping.

The thought of practicing my putting doesn't do much for me this late in the season, going to have to put up with it for the next few weeks :lol:

Believe it or not, it was an improvement. 5/6 footers were really solid, nice short "stroke" into the back of the hole. 20 footers, which should occasionally get nailed weren't even given a chance of dropping.

The thought of practicing my putting doesn't do much for me this late in the season, going to have to put up with it for the next few weeks :lol:

Aye, end of September is normally time to put the clubs away for the year. Might try and play over the winter, always say that though...

haven't posted for a while.. My game has gone to pot... haven't shot a good score in weeks.   Maybe i'll take a few weeks off! Clear the golfing brain! 

haven't posted for a while.. My game has gone to pot... haven't shot a good score in weeks. Maybe i'll take a few weeks off! Clear the golfing brain!

Similar to me just now, 3 NR's on the spin.

I've got a really really bad habit of going up 0.1 if I know I can't get cut.

Instead of just accepting it and making buffer, I start trying to attack and go completely off the rails.

Silly stuff. Give away so many 0.1's just through a shite temperament. :lol:

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread