Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

I'm looking to play golf on Monday and have 4 courses in mind.

Liberton

Dunblane

Bridge of Allan

Tuliallan.

Any of those you'd recommend?

Only played Liberton. Cracking wee course.

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm looking to play golf on Monday and have 4 courses in mind.

Liberton

Dunblane

Bridge of Allan

Tuliallan.

Any of those you'd recommend?

Played 2 - Liberton and Tulliallan.

Really enjoyed Liberton. Tulliallan is fairly long, or it just seemed it the day we played. It was the Saturday of the Open at St Andrews that was abandoned for wind.

Dunblane is meant to be a cracking course.

What's the Golf Shop at Dalry like these days? I've not been for over 15 years.

The Golf Centre. No idea but it's incredible that it's still a viable business in the Internet age.

Samuel Camazzola

The Golf Centre. No idea but it's incredible that it's still a viable business in the Internet age.

That's what I was wondering. I passed it recently and was amazed it was still open.

My 2 vintage Ping putters arrived. I shouldn't have bothered with the Rite-In as I can't see me taking to that. Love the A-Blade though. Bevelled sole and swan-neck shaft off-set. Slightly elongated face. Beautifully weighted and balanced and nicely regripped with a chunky Lamkin pistol grip. Feels great to swing. We'll see.

Had a 30 min putting session after work. Patchy. It feels heavier on the green and putting balls. Needs a while to get used to so that can wait until next season.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Have you a link to that.. There is so much stuff on their website I cant find it.

Got it through mail at work and deleted it sorry. Was in a weekly round up package

Reading this thread with interest. After 8 years i took up golf again in the past few montha. Was never that great and not had a handicap before. Played around 12 times in the past 3 months and broke 100 at haddington last week so now onto the pursuit of breaking 90.

Really trying to think about the game, my swing, how to play a course. Hoping to join 9hole gifford next year and get myself a handicap.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Samuel Camazzola

If anyone is looking for some new golf clothing, Sports Direct webpage has a lot of reductions under their golf clearance section. Some decent bargains.

If anyone is looking for some new golf clothing, Sports Direct webpage has a lot of reductions under their golf clearance section. Some decent bargains.

Not half. They're virtually giving away the Ashworth stuff. Good deals on the Adidas gilets as well.

Samuel Camazzola

Not half. They're virtually giving away the Ashworth stuff. Good deals on the Adidas gilets as well.

Yeah, a lot of the tops are at a great price. Adidas trousers for ?7.50 too. Just a case of getting in early to ensure they have your size.

Anyone played Eyemouth before?

What?s it like?

Playing pairs open there on Sat 21st Oct.

It?s cracking, expected it to be shite but loved it.

Anyone played in Fuertaventura before? I'm heading out in a few weeks for 10 days, doesn't look like there's many courses but I'll certainly get one round in.

Anyone played in Fuertaventura before? I'm heading out in a few weeks for 10 days, doesn't look like there's many courses but I'll certainly get one round in.

Played there loads!! Where you staying? We rent a villa that overlooks one of the greens on the Elba palace course, all the Ex-pats run comps over there that get you reduced rates, just means you?ve to play with guys that are on the run from the UK police :)

Salinas is quite decent too, windy as anything though, the Elba Palace course has a cracking hotel, full of Germans.

Played there loads!! Where you staying? We rent a villa that overlooks one of the greens on the Elba palace course, all the Ex-pats run comps over there that get you reduced rates, just means you?ve to play with guys that are on the run from the UK police :)

Salinas is quite decent too, windy as anything though, the Elba Palace course has a cracking hotel, full of Germans.

Heading to Corralejo. I?ve actually been speaking with the guys from Corralejo Golf Society who play at Salinas. Was thinking of heading along for a game with them. Round, club hire and transport was only 60 euros or something.

Anyone played Eyemouth before?

What?s it like?

Playing pairs open there on Sat 21st Oct.

Enjoy. Some linksish holes and some more inland holes. Meant to be playing that open also but my partner just cancelled on me.

Played in the final of the pairs matchplay knockout comp at the weekend. We went round in -9 better ball and got beat on the last. Been sulking since.

Chance of the OOM with the final comp being this weekend and a game at gullane #1 on Monday to look forward to.

Heading to Corralejo. I?ve actually been speaking with the guys from Corralejo Golf Society who play at Salinas. Was thinking of heading along for a game with them. Round, club hire and transport was only 60 euros or something.

Aye I forgot they moved to Salinas, loads of real characters play with them, defo worth it. Our friend has 3 villas on the other course, amazing to go and do nothing for a week or 2.

Aye I forgot they moved to Salinas, loads of real characters play with them, defo worth it. Our friend has 3 villas on the other course, amazing to go and do nothing for a week or 2.

Yeah it looks a laugh. They played the Spanish open at Fuertaventura GC once did they not?

Yeah it looks a laugh. They played the Spanish open at Fuertaventura GC once did they not?

Aye ... and the day they packed everything up they?ve never touched the course since!! Some great holes towards the end with a big raised 18th tee hitting down through the villas.

Castle Stuart on Sunday. Anyone played it?

Several times, you'll love it. The putting green alone is worth the green fee :lol:

Greens are always pristine, everything is tbh, it is set up very fair, my best score is +2, 74.

Too many great holes to mention! Enjoy!

From twitter:

First look at Gareth Bale's replica of the signature par three, 17th at Sawgrass in his own back garden.

DLKWaCcWsAEjGq8.jpg

:muggy:

Dick!

Disser Pointon

3rd place in the team Texas Scramble at Scotscraig at the weekend, first time I've played it, nice track but it was playing long. Also somehow got cut 0.4 for my efforts in the open at Alyth last month despite shooting a net 1 over par!!!

Charity day at Monktonhall tomorrow then only 1 medal left and the seasons finished boooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Cyprus Jambo

We have 'Greenkeepers' day on Sunday as a team event. Should be interesting as heard you don't play the course in the usual 1st tee to 1st green order etc.

3rd place in the team Texas Scramble at Scotscraig at the weekend, first time I've played it, nice track but it was playing long. Also somehow got cut 0.4 for my efforts in the open at Alyth last month despite shooting a net 1 over par!!!

Charity day at Monktonhall tomorrow then only 1 medal left and the seasons finished boooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Scotscraig is braw. One of my fav courses.

Open scramble at my home course tomorrow, and the last open of the season at Nairn Dunbar on Sunday, weather looks good, looking forward to it.

We have 'Greenkeepers' day on Sunday as a team event. Should be interesting as heard you don't play the course in the usual 1st tee to 1st green order etc.

We do that at Gullane.. is hard as anything going around number 1 backwards.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Cracking night last night. Net 67 at my local Craibstone to end the home season.

Playing Disney's Magnolia and Palm next 10 days. A lot of water and lightning greens

Last medal. Tough conditions with the wind and zero run. Mud balls all over the place. Had a reasonable score going but it fizzled out. Finished with a tap-in birdie that I could have done with in the previous comp. 30 points.

What's Nairn Dunbar like. I'm playing it next Saturday before Castle Stuart on the Sunday?

I absolutely love it, held some big amateur events over the years. Had the boys amateur championship this year as well.

Greens are always spot on. Holes are brutal from 4-10 especially if it blows.

34 points today. Got off to a good start but the middle 6 was very poor, recovered well.

And that?s me done with competition for the season.

Best i have driven the ball this season, shot 73, +1. 38 stableford points, and more importantly i am now a 2 handicap :yas: that was the target at the start of the season, started the year at 4.3, should now be around 2.1 or 2.2. 

beboto, they were going around behind us coring the greens i'm afraid !

Best i have driven the ball this season, shot 73, +1. 38 stableford points, and more importantly i am now a 2 handicap :yas: that was the target at the start of the season, started the year at 4.3, should now be around 2.1 or 2.2.

beboto, they were going around behind us coring the greens i'm afraid !

Well played!

I've very much stagnated this year. No progress at all really.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread