Mafia - Return Of The Heroes

Deek

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are we going to use the orig list for BS2 or Boof's new made up one that yvonne is using?

I didn't make it up - that's what Deek posted.

Come on. We can't afford to leave the lynchings to chance at this stage

We also have the problem of the compromised nature of the person proposing the idea! Who do you think the mafia would have attacked on night 1? The player that was trying to concoct some clever strategies and was sticking his neck on the line. Everyone had assumed he was a townie, so the mob went to take him out. It just so happened he was also Peter.

Then we have the new list. Every name on it is in its starting position, but Flux's name has been moved to below mine. Everyone could guess who I was going to vote for, but now all of a sudden, I am going to have to comply to BS2 :mad:

If you use Boofs formula, on my excel chart blah blah blah, do you want me to post it?

I love excel charts, the world would be a poorer place without them

Every name on it is in its starting position, but Flux's name has been moved to below mine.

Damm, I thought nobody would notice.:mad:

all i know is that i have moved in the list ;)

unless changed i'll go for vote medico

just noticed that boof is trying to get rossi to vote for me

Deek if all votes are placed based on the new strategem any chance of bringing the deadline forward, otherwise we'll just have dead time

Deek if all votes are placed based on the new strategem any chance of bringing the deadline forward, otherwise we'll just have dead time

Maybe. But some may wish to change their mind.

I wont be near a computer from tomorrow afternoon until Saturday evening as well.

Plus I suspect some people will not play the game.

Why would Elle vote for Hatian for example.They may or not be close to each other on the list but nobody but Elle knows.

I'm up for BS2...

Glad Maximus is gone... He was trying to get me killed and it turned out he was a bad un as well.

Who do I vote for again.. I'll go check!

VOTE:Rossi

Come on. We can't afford to leave the lynchings to chance at this stage

What...you'd rather let the Mafia influence the voting? Because with 4 of them on the scene and only 9 good guys they'll be laughing their socks off knowing how much influence they can have.

We also have the problem of the compromised nature of the person proposing the idea! Who do you think the mafia would have attacked on night 1? The player that was trying to concoct some clever strategies and was sticking his neck on the line. Everyone had assumed he was a townie, so the mob went to take him out. It just so happened he was also Peter.

Sorry, Bud, but that just doesn't make sense. It's when I'm unroled that I have to put on my extra-large thinking hat and try to come up with schemes that I think might be workable. And BS2 was a method I thought might level the first day playing field. I'm just surprised that Maxi couldn't see the benefits of increasing the chances of getting a goon. After all Mrs Deek might just've shouted a goonly number upstairs on that first night.

I'll need to look back at post 1 to see what powers Peter has, but if I'd been him I'd certainly be keeping a much lower profile and not being as outspoken as I have been.

Then we have the new list. Every name on it is in its starting position, but Flux's name has been moved to below mine. Everyone could guess who I was going to vote for, but now all of a sudden, I am going to have to comply to BS2 :mad:

I really haven't/hadn't a clue who you'd be voting for...and in any case, it's Deek's list. Maybe he has reasons for doing it...?

And no, you don't have to comply with BS2. Nobody does if they don't want to. Just be prepared to look even dodgier than you already do...

You're giving me a good reason not to use BS2 - you're looking dodgier than a ?3 note.

You're giving me a good reason not to use BS2 - you're looking dodgier than a ?3 note.

How, if we're using the strategem and everybody placed their vote whats the point in spending another 24 hours or so waiting on the deadline?

You're getting very paranoid buddy and quick to point fingers

How, if we're using the strategem and everybody placed their vote whats the point in spending another 24 hours or so waiting on the deadline?

Not everyone has posted though and some dont want to use BS2.

So Beverley and Rossi are not wanting to play the BS2 game, that is interesting.

I gave my reasons on day 1 why I didn't want to use BS2

We now have a 30% chance of hitting a goon. I feel my instincts give a far greater chance of hitting a goon than that, so why would I choose the lottery option?

did i say i didn't want to play it??

i'm merely pointing out i don't think its the best way to catch a goon.

i have to say i think the strategem actually aids the goons, as they will have more of a say in the voting, simply because players will start to waver as we get closer to the deadline

surely we're better to look for clues? someone somewhere is bound to have slipped up

Because some folk probably won't use the stratagem - I'm interested to see what folk say about it.

I clocked 2 good guys last time it was debated. And decided at least 1 of Maxi/Bigsmak was bad. Maxi, as it turns out, wasn't altogether good (a turnable townie with serial killing powers...) and I'm still unsure of Bigsmak.

And I wouldn't say I'm getting paranoid...I've been that since day 1 :laugh:

Not everyone has posted though and some dont want to use BS2.

Read my original post again, I said IF all votes are placed, what would we lose bringing the deadline forward if we went with it.

I think it is unlikely that we'd all go for it but it was a fair request IMO and in no way justified the response from Boof

did i say i didn't want to play it??

i'm merely pointing out i don't think its the best way to catch a goon.

i have to say i think the strategem actually aids the goons, as they will have more of a say in the voting, simply because players will start to waver as we get closer to the deadline

surely we're better to look for clues? someone somewhere is bound to have slipped up

hmmmm thats goon talk

What...you'd rather let the Mafia influence the voting? Because with 4 of them on the scene and only 9 good guys they'll be laughing their socks off knowing how much influence they can have.

Sorry, Bud, but that just doesn't make sense. It's when I'm unroled that I have to put on my extra-large thinking hat and try to come up with schemes that I think might be workable. And BS2 was a method I thought might level the first day playing field. I'm just surprised that Maxi couldn't see the benefits of increasing the chances of getting a goon. After all Mrs Deek might just've shouted a goonly number upstairs on that first night.

I'll need to look back at post 1 to see what powers Peter has, but if I'd been him I'd certainly be keeping a much lower profile and not being as outspoken as I have been.

I really haven't/hadn't a clue who you'd be voting for...and in any case, it's Deek's list. Maybe he has reasons for doing it...?

And no, you don't have to comply with BS2. Nobody does if they don't want to. Just be prepared to look even dodgier than you already do...

Good points, but we still outnumber the goons 2 t0 1 so they cant be too obvious with their influencing.

You are probably right about not wanting to stand out if you were Peter. I thought you or the Doctor would be the most likely targets on the first night, and since he was a townie, I assumed you were got at, but I am just basing that on who I would have killed if I was a goon

i'm the same...

i've never trusted any of you since jennyjambo lied to my face in an early game, protesting her innocence TO MY FACE when she was actually the triad godmother

i suspect you all

Personally I think it is worth doing it for 1 round. Rossi yes you may think you have more than a 30% chance of going for a goon but you then also have to convince others to follow suit.

Beverley you have already said you were confused a few times so why not leave it to chance for a round? Its not looking like there are many clues out there apart from what Elle has.

I am not fussed whether we go down this route or not but cant see anything better on offer and lets face it we have done pretty bad so far so who is sure we can get it right this time?

I gave my reasons on day 1 why I didn't want to use BS2

We now have a 30% chance of hitting a goon. I feel my instincts give a far greater chance of hitting a goon than that, so why would I choose the lottery option?

But since nobody (other than the goons) knows what you are...why should anyone believe you or listen to your instincts? So your instinctive vote is little more than a random vote (to the rest of the townies) which the goons can piggy-back onto and bang...another townie bites the dust. Or, should you happen to vote for a goon there's enough of them to deflect attention elsewhere.

yvonne, maybe we should try a different strategy cos we've probably played our worst game ever here.

i can't recall a single game where we've not caught us a goon by this stage in the game.

i'm not against it, just wonder if its our best shot at getting a goon

I think another clue is the fact I have not been murdered yet!

If my suspicions were totally false, then the goons would have killed me, because then people would start to go after the folk on my list.

If my suspicions were totally false, then the goons would have killed me, because then people would start to go after the folk on my list.

you're missing the obvious reason, if you were a goon yourself

yvonne, maybe we should try a different strategy cos we've probably played our worst game ever here.

i can't recall a single game where we've not caught us a goon by this stage in the game.

i'm not against it, just wonder if its our best shot at getting a goon

Is it not only start of day 3 in this game? I am pretty sure we have had the majority of games when we have lynched innocents in the 1st few days.

You are now worrying me much more, may put you up to high level suspect

we've always caught a goon somehow though in the games i've played either by lynching, the assassin or whatever, the only games its not been the case is where they have been able to actively recruit.

they managed to bag one of the roled players, and our only saving part of this is that the player they bagged had lost his powers.

the one thing i did notice in a previous post is that someone referred to elle as HE

now i know i don't watch the show, so i'm probably wrong, but isn't elle a girls name??

oh, and there is no shock i'm on your list yvonne, we're always on each others list lol

Or maybe you are a goon or maybe you have got 1 of them on your list and they dont want to draw attention to it or maybe they have others more in their face!

Is it not only start of day 3 in this game? I am pretty sure we have had the majority of games when we have lynched innocents in the 1st few days.

You are now worrying me much more, may put you up to high level suspect

Are you getting a sense of faux desperation too?

Her posts come across a little as a goon rubbing it in

Are you getting a sense of faux desperation too?

Her posts come across a little as a goon rubbing it in

Who me or Beverley?

And I aint desperate!!!!!!!! :)

Because some folk probably won't use the stratagem - I'm interested to see what folk say about it.

I clocked 2 good guys last time it was debated. And decided at least 1 of Maxi/Bigsmak was bad. Maxi, as it turns out, wasn't altogether good (a turnable townie with serial killing powers...) and I'm still unsure of Bigsmak.

Your not paranoid when they actually are out to get you man!

lol

you're missing the obvious reason, if you were a goon yourself

Or maybe you are a goon or maybe you have got 1 of them on your list and they dont want to draw attention to it or maybe they have others more in their face!

Do either of you actually think I am a goon?

The Doctor was hardly confrontational towards the goons but they got rid of him

Who me or Beverley?

And I aint desperate!!!!!!!! :)

I was meaning from Bev's posts!

She seems to be playing totally different this time, and I don't buy her constant chat about how we are doing so badly. It has the patronising tone of a goon

I was meaning from Bev's posts!

She seems to be playing totally different this time, and I don't buy her constant chat about how we are doing so badly. It has the patronising tone of a goon

Ok and yes I agree. I dont have you on my goon list yet so you better not let me down!

This is only my third game at this...

How are we actually meant to spot the baddies?

do they vote the same or do they not do that to draw attention away from themselves?

No idea here!?

UNVOTE Boof

VOTE Rossi

:)

Go ahead...lynch me. Maybe once I am dead people will actually listen to my logic

The goons are Bev, Flux and Bigsmak +1 other

you think what you want. i'm betting the ONLY reason i have survived thus far is due to me & yvonnes spat last game. the longer i survive, the dodgier i look, and yvonne too actually for the self same reason

makes you look dodgy to me, but i've had my eye on you for a couple of days anyways.

if you look through my votes, i don't think i've voted for any of the lynchees (thats not a fruit btw) not that it makes much difference.

if i had been a goon, i would have offed you already rossi, cos you've put my name in the frame a couple of times.

i am a townie, like it or lump it, and i just want to be on the winning team again, and that team is the team of good, honest, unroled townswoman

Go ahead...lynch me. Maybe once I am dead people will actually listen to my logic

The goons are Bev, Flux and Bigsmak +1 other

well i know for certain you have one name wrong, and that is my name. the +1 in my reckoning would be you

I think goons try to blend in and not lead a charge or plan. The problem when there are so many of them is that they will have different tactics each so some maybe more in your face. But my inkling is towards the people who normally have much more to say for themselves and are not normally afraid to put in the killer vote to be the the majority of the goons. Its hard when there are new players as not learnt their style.

high suspect list has Medico, Commander and Hogan

quite suspicious; BBJ, Paddy, Malky, Beverley.

The others are not on radar yet but knowing my luck the goons will be the ones I am trusting

I still stand by my list for the reasons I have stated far too quiet and fence sittingly nice people amongst this list.

Archived