Mafia - Return Of The Heroes

Deek

Deek,

could I make a point, Flux and I were never likely to fall on our swords, we had a game plan and stuck to it day by day, it didn't work but there is no point in throwing the game just to make a nice conclusion.

I know a draw isn't the best finish, but in my book it is better than making a selfless decision and losing. It'd cheapen any potential win for the townies

Get real. Wait until the next game.

You(if you host it) will spend most of your spare time managing this game for a week or two and because boring introverted players would rather it ended in a draw than play in the Corinthian spirit all your time and effort is wasted.

It is supposed to be fun and to be honest the last two days have hacked me rigtht off. I have moderated at least half the games this year and this one has gave me the least pleasure.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry Yvonne,

Couldn't believe you kept defending me, as i had no idea why!

never again! :mad:

Right it's good to be all high and mighty when you're dead

what would you (or Deek) have done in my position?

would you have killed Flux making it less likely to win the game or leave it to someone else?

In all honesty, a draw is a better result for the goons than townies, since you start massively outnumbered. If I was goon, I wouldn't have sacrificed my team mate at that stage, so I think you made the right choice

Its disappointing when you get so close but don't get a win, for both teams, but it also gets to the stage where everyone is scared of losing and doesn't want to be the decisive vote, so we have had impasses before. Deek is pretty much screwed though as if it comes down to a "random" decision, one team ain't gonna be happy with the outcome, and losing the game that way. I think we needed a game to end in a draw to make players more decisive in the future

what would you (or Deek) have done in my position?

would you have killed Flux making it less likely to win the game or leave it to someone else?

I would have agreed it with Flux and killed him. You would have been in easy street after that. What would be better than killing off your goon mate when you were the last two. Everybody would think you were a townie. I have agreed previously to be killed to help the team.

I had you and your bro' as Elle and the Haitian. Figured that one of you would try to bump off the other...

D'Oh!! And so it was...

I'm actually finding Yvonne less guilty now so Unvote Yvonnejambo.

Now...if she does turn out to be an evil mafia girly, I won't feel too bad at having lost to her since she's such a good player.

However, I also find Medico not-all-that guilty as well - they've both put up strong defences.

Guiltiest now I seem to find Flux and Malky...over to you chaps to dissuade me.

Whale oil beef hooked...I got something right!!!

Get real. Wait until the next game.

You(if you host it) will spend most of your spare time managing this game for a week or two and because boring introverted players would rather it ended in a draw than play in the Corinthian spirit all your time and effort is wasted.

It is supposed to be fun and to be honest the last two days have hacked me rigtht off. I have moderated at least half the games this year and this one has gave me the least pleasure.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree, if I get the same situation in the next game and I end up as hacked off as you sound I will be first to apologise :)

I don't think all the mod killing helped (all justifiable I have to add) as it led to the empasse that we had due to having an even amount

FWIW do you have a black list of unreliable players? ( I already know of Jamie :xmasgrin:)

I would have agreed it with Flux and killed him. You would have been in easy street after that. What would be better than killing off your goon mate when you were the last two. Everybody would think you were a townie. I have agreed previously to be killed to help the team.

I was in a paranoid state of mind to be honest, I'd spent so long defending Flux and going for Medico and BBJ in my mind it appeared too obvious just to change

Well done Malky and flux for draggin it out so long ;)

The day I got lynched was when you guys sort of gave the game away to me. Beverley had the chance to take it to a draw but did'nt and you 2 were too vocal in supporting me when you knew I was done for.

I was'nt sure on the other member, at first I thought Boof was Peter and Bigsmak was just bumbling about like last time.

Credit to Boof for his plan on day 1 though, it seemed to rattle a few cages but trying the same trick again later just muddied the water when it was becoming obvious (to all but those playing ;)) who the baddies were. That is why I posted a picture of the pied piper :laugh:

Well done Malky and flux for draggin it out so long ;)

The day I got lynched was when you guys sort of gave the game away to me. Beverley had the chance to take it to a draw but did'nt and you 2 were too vocal in supporting me when you knew I was done for.

I was'nt sure on the other member, at first I thought Boof was Peter and Bigsmak was just bumbling about like last time.

Credit to Boof for his plan on day 1 though, it seemed to rattle a few cages but trying the same trick again later just muddied the water when it was becoming obvious (to all but those playing ;)) who the baddies were. That is why I posted a picture of the pied piper :laugh:

Hopefully 1 day i will be as smart as you :xmasunsure:

Right, Yvonne has e-mailed me some bumf from the last Xmas game, so unless anyone has any issues I'll do the moderating of it.

Plan will be to start around 18th-20th due to work commitments and I'll probably try to do shorter days to start with to get it finished on or around Xmas to avoid losing players to prior commitments where possible.

cheers,

Malky

Right, Yvonne has e-mailed me some bumf from the last Xmas game, so unless anyone has any issues I'll do the moderating of it.

Plan will be to start around 18th-20th due to work commitments and I'll probably try to do shorter days to start with to get it finished on or around Xmas to avoid losing players to prior commitments where possible.

cheers,

Malky

Its not bumf its well thought hours of research! :xmasgrin: I doubt I will be able to play as I will be in Edinburgh for couple of days around the Utd game which means I wont be online until 21st then going to Aberdeen on boxing day to buy all the tickets for the sheep game :)

A draw? Crap!

Ah well I guess I should take some of the blame in that I could have just let people vote me off and not put up quite such a fight. I get competitive though!

Still can't believe Yvonne wouldn't change her mind though. Especially after my comment when I thought I was dead. And her absolute lack of reason to support flux apart from 'that quote' that couldn't be found of course.

There was no chance I was changing back off of flux though.

Well played Malky, have to say I wasn't very sure about you until yesterday when you came out with some rubbish which made me fairly sure you were a goon.

Shame it ended in a draw in the end. After the awful start I thought us townies had almost pulled it back.

Although the number of times I came back expecting to have been lynched over the past few days was just stupid. I must have spent at least a day hanging on the edge with nobody willing to cast the final vote.

Malky played a Stormer.

He had over 200 posts in this game and was hardly voted for. With another 150 posts in the last game, you need to get a life. :xmaswoot:

The goons could have won this game a few days ago, as when they decided to kill Boof at night they sent Flux and not Beverley. They thought Boof was Hatian and sent Flux as he was the unpowered goon. I made the decision that once Beverley was dead, they would have no kill that night.

Sorry Bigsmak, I know you were annoyed by it.

Archived