Mafia - Return Of The Heroes

Deek

Just in, I'm away to make some dinner and then I'll be back to have a read through & will post my 'top 4 dodgy list' then.

Big meal? ;)

Just having a look at the voting...and everyone is on at least one player's dodgy list.

So...how helpful is that?

Well, so far, only one person finds Medico dodgy (me) and one person finds paddy dodgy (Yvonne)

Onto two votes and we have BBJ (Bigsmak and Malky) and Flux (Rossi and Commander).

I'm going to take a look and see if any players have similar lists...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could I make a quick point about who is and who isn't looking dodgy. I thought this earlier on and didn't post it cos my heads like a sieve

A lot of peoples votes are for what they are seeing and not what they aren't seeing (says Malky like a cheap martial arts guru!)

This is only my second game but in the last game the Goons won by doing very little, they weren't very vocal and let the townies kill each other off. Admittedly the win came down to chance in the end but they still won.

I'm not saying that the obvious people aren't guilty because in all honesty they look it, it's just that we have to be careful in case we go diving into lynching another townie and I wanted to make the point before voting started in earnest

It always happens that the people that try to encourage thinking or create systems draw the heat and get lynched, while the goons just blend in. (N.B. By blending in, I don't just mean by not posting as much, just that their posts are a lot more "beige")

Will have to check to see if ebveryone has put there list on. Then I think we should all compile a sub list ...yip bear with me... If we get a full list from everyone, then we can individually discard the 4 you already suspect as goons lists. You can then all have a list with the main suspects from the others.

Yes I am aware it has many flaws because dont actually know for definate who are goons, (and if anyone other than them had that knowledge there would be no need to resort to silly lists like this!).

or plan 2 we just all vote for the person who is on the most peoples list

or plan 3 just do your own thing and hope for best :)

Still waiting on Medico and Hogan (I think).

Just looking through the lists I've done - it's interesting to see who seems to align with whom. Especially when you look at who you think are the goons.

I'd actually like to revise my list, but will keep it as it is until everyone has posted. at the moment I'm getting the feeling that goonly forces have been trying to incriminate honest townies by putting them on lists so that they appear to look dodgier by having more 'votes'.

But I'll wait till the two remaining players post their lists before saying how I'd change mine.

Still waiting on Medico and Hogan (I think).

Just looking through the lists I've done - it's interesting to see who seems to align with whom. Especially when you look at who you think are the goons.

I'd actually like to revise my list, but will keep it as it is until everyone has posted. at the moment I'm getting the feeling that goonly forces have been trying to incriminate honest townies by putting them on lists so that they appear to look dodgier by having more 'votes'.

But I'll wait till the two remaining players post their lists before saying how I'd change mine.

Yes I am sure that is exactly what they will be doing and I also suspect as there was some time taken in some peoples list going up even after they had posted other random stuff on the thread, they were/are hanging off to see what there goon mates were saying re the lists. :)

Ok here's my list...

Medico

Malky

Boof

Yvonne

BBJ

Hogan - seems to be acting a bit dodgily, but then again I thought he was a goon in the last game and as far as I can remember he ended up being a townie. Still not convinced though.

Paddy

Marty

Commander - 4th on my list and not very sure either way, but seen as I'm meant to have 4 people.

Beverley

Bigsmak - am just not convinced. Looked a bit like he was claiming to have a good role when he nearly got lynched, but for some reason I just don't buy it.

Rossi

Flux - voted for him on the second day because I thought he looked dodgy then and still think there's something not quite right there.

Have to admit I may have missed out on a few clues/points along the way so far due to not being around much. Can't say I'm 100% sure about any of the folks on my list either, but they're just the one's looking most dodgy to me right now.

Big meal? ;)

Just having a look at the voting...and everyone is on at least one player's dodgy list.

So...how helpful is that?

Well, so far, only one person finds Medico dodgy (me) and one person finds paddy dodgy (Yvonne)

Onto two votes and we have BBJ (Bigsmak and Malky) and Flux (Rossi and Commander).

I'm going to take a look and see if any players have similar lists...

Cooking takes time thank you :P

And why exactly is it I'm looking dodgy to you?

Seen as you decided not to really explain your list at the time.

Yes I am sure that is exactly what they will be doing and I also suspect as there was some time taken in some peoples list going up even after they had posted other random stuff on the thread, they were/are hanging off to see what there goon mates were saying re the lists. :)

As I'm guessing that is targetted at me I will duly respond :), I posted the idea at 2ish but it was not long before 5 before someone (you) came back to say anything positive about it

I then defended against Boof's attempt to take ownership of said idea before shortly after 5 before nipping out to pick up the gaffer from work. I then wrote up my list when I got back, during which you were posting results so far commenting that I hadn't posted my list yet :)

Yvonne

Medico

Malky

Boof

Yvonne

BBJ

Hogan

Paddy

Marty

Commander

Beverley

Bigsmak

Rossi

Flux

Boof

Medico

Malky

Boof

Yvonne

BBJ

Hogan

Paddy

Marty

Commander

Beverley

Bigsmak

Rossi

Flux

Bigsmak

Medico

Malky

Boof

Yvonne

BBJ

Hogan

Paddy

Marty

Commander

Beverley

Bigsmak

Rossi

Flux

Flux

Medico

Malky

Boof

Yvonne

BBJ

Hogan

Paddy

Marty

Commander

Beverley

Bigsmak

Rossi

Flux

Rossi

Medico

Malky

Boof

Yvonne

BBJ

Hogan

Paddy

Marty

Commander

Beverley

Bigsmak

Rossi

Flux

Beverley

Medico

Malky

Boof

Yvonne

BBJ

Hogan

Paddy

Marty

Commander

Beverley

Bigsmak

Rossi

Flux

Commander

Medico

Malky

Boof

Yvonne

BBJ

Hogan

Paddy

Marty

Commander

Beverley

Bigsmak

Rossi

Flux

Malky

Medico

Malky

Boof

Yvonne

BBJ

Hogan

Paddy

Marty

Commander

Beverley

Bigsmak

Rossi

Flux

Medico

Medico

Malky

Boof

Yvonne

BBJ

Hogan

Paddy

Marty

Commander

Beverley

Bigsmak

Rossi

Flux

Marty

Medico

Malky

Boof

Yvonne

BBJ

Hogan

Paddy

Marty

Commander

Beverley

Bigsmak

Rossi

Flux

BBJ

Medico

Malky

Boof

Yvonne

BBJ

Hogan

Paddy

Marty

Commander

Beverley

Bigsmak

Rossi

Flux

Paddy

Medico

Malky

Boof

Yvonne

BBJ

Hogan

Paddy

Marty

Commander

Beverley

Bigsmak

Rossi

Flux

As I'm guessing that is targetted at me I will duly respond :), I posted the idea at 2ish but it was not long before 5 before someone (you) came back to say anything positive about it

I then defended against Boof's attempt to take ownership of said idea before shortly after 5 before nipping out to pick up the gaffer from work. I then wrote up my list when I got back, during which you were posting results so far commenting that I hadn't posted my list yet :)

Thanks for that and I wasnt even thinking about you hehe :P

100 lines should do the trick though

'I must respond straight away when asked' :P;)

Thanks for that and I wasnt even thinking about you hehe :P

100 lines should do the trick though

'I must respond straight away when asked' :P;)

Maybe follow it with another 100

'They're not always talking about me' :)

Wooooooooo

This game is STILL running. Fer fecks sake hurry up!

Look back to the run up to the last deadline, who had the chance to save me but did'nt.

wooooooooooooooooooooo

I then defended against Boof's attempt to take ownership of said idea

:laugh:

Get over yourself!!

You had half an idea which I then refined to become BS3. Then pointed out the pitfalls thereof.

Could you point out the post where you had this idea - it might just take you off my dodgy list.

And Medico...you've been on my dodgy list since day 1 due to a fairly beige (good phrase, whoever came up with it) posting style - almost trying too hard to blend in...

Ok so I make it as a collective (Not got Hogans)

Remember this is not active votes just the collective thoughts on goons

Hogan-8

Beverley-6

Rossi-6

Bigsmak-5

Boof-4

Yvonne-4

Commander-4

Malky-3

Flux-3

Marty-3

BBJ-2

Medico-1

paddy-1

Wooooooooo

Look back to the run up to the last deadline, who had the chance to save me but did'nt.

wooooooooooooooooooooo

The deadlines are every 2 days so makes things slower and obviously because we dont have your wisdom to guide us through we mortals find it harder :)

...which was why I was nipping at Bev, rossi and Medico to get their lists up - they all appear on my dodgy list.

Though it might've been flux I was nipping at - I can't remember and can't look back or I'll lose this post...

I think it'd be interesting if everybody put down who the consider the 4 goons are, I can't see them all being the same

Post No. 528 at 2 pm Boofster

How do you like them apples :P

Wooooooooo

wooooooooooooooooooooo

This may have me again referring to post 612 but if that is targetted at me I wanted to save you but there was no permitation of me voting which would have saved you, or if there was I was too thick to notice it

Ok going by my flawed logic I am disgarding the lists of the people I think are goons and that changes a couple of places on the collective list, following me ? hehe

Hogan-8 commander list deduct 1=7, Bevs list deduct 1=6, paddys list deduct 1=5

Beverley-6

Rossi-6 Bevs list deduct 1=5

Bigsmak-5, Bevs list deduct 1=4

Boof-4 commanders list deduct 1=3, Bevs list deduct 1=2

Yvonne-4 on commanders list deduct 1=3, Paddys list deduct 1=2

Commander-4

Malky-3 Bevs list deduct 1=2, paddys list deduct 1=1

Flux-3 Commanders list so deduct1=2

Marty-3 paddys list deduct 1=2

So my revised list looks like;

Beverley-6

Hogan-5

Rossi-5

Bigsmak-4

Commander-4

Yvonne-2

Malky-2

Flux-2

Marty-2

BBJ-2

Medico-1

paddy-1

think everyone can draw some of their own conclusions from the main list but I can see some interesting collective lists there.

And Medico...you've been on my dodgy list since day 1 due to a fairly beige (good phrase, whoever came up with it) posting style - almost trying too hard to blend in...

At what point was I trying to fit in?

I went along with your theory at first, then thought about it properly and I don't think its the best way to go because I don't think it will help us - something we're obviously going to have to agree to disagree on.

None of my posting has been 'beige', its more just that I haven't been too sure of whats going on because I haven't been around an awful lot - which I explained yesterday.

I think the fact I'm on your dodgy list is a bit strange. Any time I have a role I'm always a lot more vocal and have a lot more to say. This time I'm nobody interesting and it is therefore no surprise that I'm 'blending into the background' if thats the way you want to see it.

...which was why I was nipping at Bev, rossi and Medico to get their lists up - they all appear on my dodgy list.

Though it might've been flux I was nipping at - I can't remember and can't look back or I'll lose this post...

I can't be getting accused of delaying, since I posted up my suspects 24 hours before you even thought up the scheme!!!

N.B. Malky, I think you should let Boof claim the credit. The poor guy has had 2 miserable attempts at developing strategies, so you should donate him the decent one :P

Rossi, I guess it's only fair, he went for it in the last game too and it led to me having a hand in his death so I guess I'm due him :)

Post No. 528 at 2 pm Boofster

How do you like them apples :P

Ah, cheers Malky.

As I said...half an idea...;)

But let's not let this get in the way of goon-hunting.

I'm looking at seriously revising my list...which could be good news for you...

Ah, cheers Malky.

As I said...half an idea...;)

But let's not let this get in the way of goon-hunting.

I'm looking at seriously revising my list...which could be good news for you...

Only 21 1/2 hours to go, I'm happy with my vote as it is, but we'll see how tomorrow progresses

Interesting to see that no 2 people think the same 4 are dodgy.

Although there are also a couple of interesting patterns amongst it all.

Will wait to see what Hogan's saying before commenting much more on it. Wouldn't want to influence who he might think is dodgy so he can look less like a goon.

UNVOTE FLUX

VOTE BEV

She appears to be one of the more suspected players, and I personally think she is Arthur, based on her posting and voting so far

Does Arthur have any special powers now or is he just like a normal goon?

Arthur has power absorbtion, but there are only 3 roled goodies left. The Haitian is immune to Arthur though. That leaves him with the chance to absorb Claire's death proof power, which would make him immune to Elle, or he could absorb Elle's power which would make him the assassin. That would effectively give the mafia 2 night kills, which would be a bit harsh!

One thing I don't get though, is that Claire is immune to the goons, and the Haitian is immune to Arthur, so does that mean that the mafia choose who carries out the hit? In previous games when I was mafia it was the godfather that pm'ed the name and carried out the hit

Arthur has power absorbtion, but there are only 3 roled goodies left. The Haitian is immune to Arthur though. That leaves him with the chance to absorb Claire's death proof power, which would make him immune to Elle, or he could absorb Elle's power which would make him the assassin. That would effectively give the mafia 2 night kills, which would be a bit harsh!

One thing I don't get though, is that Claire is immune to the goons, and the Haitian is immune to Arthur, so does that mean that the mafia choose who carries out the hit? In previous games when I was mafia it was the godfather that pm'ed the name and carried out the hit

:confused:

Re-reading the first post I would assume Arthur and the goons can kill the Haitian during the night but Arthur couldn't take his immunity

As for Claire, if Arthur gets lynched then we'd have to make sure she's not lynched the very next day

All these people who somehow have something more important to do on a Friday night..where's their commitment :P

I know, I mean what else is there to do on a Friday night, do they not know Ghosthunting with I'm a celebrity is on ITV2 :rolleyes:

Hmmm, been a quiet last 12 hours.

I'm gonna be away until after final score (fitba, not Mafia game) so will have some catching up to do after 5pm - unless it stays as quiet.

Still waiting on Hogan's list. FWIW whilst his posting has made him look as dodgy as feck, I don't think he's a goon. But I'd still like to hear who makes his top 4 dodgy list.

Right.

Be safe folks, see you after tea time.

I'm gonna stay on Paddy just now as I think there is something not right in his voting pattern and his top 4 picks.

Saying that I agree there is something about Bev and I'm still 50% on Rossi being a roled good guy/bad guy so I'll see how things are closer to deadline before deciding if I'm going to change to affect the lynching

rossi/bev/hogan are the ones that have stood out for me, but I wouldnt know the difference between the behaviour of a goon, or a roled townie..however, im going to make myself look suspicious and change my mind again and stick to my original instincts..

so

unvote rossi

VOTE HOGAN

rossi/bev/hogan are the ones that have stood out for me, but I wouldnt know the difference between the behaviour of a goon, or a roled townie..however, im going to make myself look suspicious and change my mind again and stick to my original instincts..

so

unvote rossi

VOTE HOGAN

It's only my 2nd game but I don't buy into the crap where people admit they play differently depending on their role, it all seems like mind games to me because why admit something that could screw you over in the next game

3 hours to go.

Beverley 3

Hogan 2

Medico 1

Yvonne 1

Flux 1

To vote

Medico

Hogan

Flux

Bev

Bigsmak

3 hours to go.

Beverley 3

Hogan 2

Medico 1

Yvonne 1

Flux 1

To vote

Medico

Hogan

Flux

Bev

Bigsmak

Have I not got a vote from Bigsmak due to BS2?

3 hours to go.

Beverley 3

Hogan 2

Medico 1

Yvonne 1

Flux 1

To vote

Medico

Hogan

Flux

Bev

Bigsmak

did i not have a vote for medico? BS3 style

since we're getting closer to time i'm gonna make my vote. rossi is mischeif making deliberately i think.

i know i'm not a bad guy and i think he probably is so vote rossi

if i'm wrong then go for me next, but i think he's up to something, and not for the good of the town

Archived