Mafia - Return Of The Heroes

Deek

The return of the Heroes.

One of my favourite games and one that will really make you think.

3 Mafia members

(Godfather) Arthur - Father of Peter and Sylar. If he kills someone with a special ability he absorbs it. In this version he will still come up guilty on investigation because he has...

Maury - mind manipulator who can make people see things that are not there, can use this to frame one player at night and make them appear guilty if investigated.

+ 1 unpowered goon

Townie Roles

Peter - Had his powers removed by Arthur and is in hiding. If he is uncovered by Sylar they join forces (can PM off thread) and if Arthur uncovers him he is persuaded to join the mafia. If Mohinder finds him he regains his ability. He can then use any of the powers in the game (but only once for each).

Townie Powered Roles

Claire - Death proof unless targeted by Arthur, if Sylar finds her he takes the ability but she lives.

The Hatian - Immune to Arthur/Sylar/Maury/Elle but can be killed by the Mafia goon or have powers removed by Mohinder.

Parkman - Can use telepathy to read players thoughts. Basically the Cop.

Elle - Electrical manipulation. The Assassin has 3 kills to use up during the night.

Wildcards

Mohinder - Gets his kicks playing god with the town folk, injected himself with a formula that is turning into a freak with Spiderman like powers. Every night they send me a name and that player is given an injection. If they have ability it is removed. Conversely the injection also has the ability to give unrolled players powers.

The powers are selected by me, they are

healing - basically makes them the doc

radiation manipulation - The player becomes the human bomb and can self destruct if targeted for a kill or can decide to perform a suicide bombing on one character during night time

persuasion - Can be used to either force a player into not voting during the next day or use any night power they may have on a target of their choosing (if this is used on a mafia member it would over rule their choice.)

Illusion casting - acts like a player swap. They select a name and any action that was meant to happen to the character they choose happens to them instead or vice-versa.

Sylar - A serial killer who is trying to go on the right path but covets special powers, can select one player a night, if that player is powerless he leaves them but if not he kills them for their special ability (if he kills Mohinder he does not get the ability to give/take powers though). If he finds Arthur he turns to the mafia. Can win with the town if he is not turned though.

The order during the night is Maury, Townies, Sylar, Mohinder, Mafia.

During the day, players vote for who they think is Mafia. Please post votes and unvotes in bold e.g. vote Romanov and unvote Romanov If you don't your vote will not be counted. A lynch will happen when there is enough votes for the same person or a deadline has been reached.

If deadline is reached but not enough numbers have voted the same person, the person with the highest amount of votes at that time will be lynched. If it is a tie I will devise a way of picking the winner.

Only players who have a team role are allowed to PM other players about the game. If you receive a PM from someone you are not supposed to please DON'T post it on the game thread, report it to me first. If you have any questions about the general rules post them on the thread, if you have a question about your role/power PM me and I'll try my best to explain it.

No PM?s or chat in other threads or even in real life about the game unless you have a role which allows PMs to other players and then it can only be between the players you have been given by me.

No speculation is permitted on the thread during the night period, just the usual sorry I?ve killed townie type stuff. I will punish players who misbehave at night.

Ghosts can post but if they say vote someone off or unsubtly hint for someone to be voted off, I will be round to kill them for real-just don?t do it please.

Oh and finally I may Mod kill non posters and voters unless there is good excuse. I know some people are away and I am excepting telephone votes from them.

Low posters will be sinned binned.

The roles will be sent out tonight and first deadline is 10pm Tuesday. I may make it every 24 hours after that.

The names have been slightly shuffled and the numbers picked by an online random number selector.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game may take longer than my normal Doctor. :)

Can I ask everybody to make sure you can receive Private Messages. And make sure they are switched on!!!!

Deek,

class stuff, only my second game but already looking like a beezer. Just wish I had watched Heroes before cos I have absolutely no idea what the first post means :)

Pffft, all those roles and I still don't get one!

Bumbling townie it is.

Now I just have to wait until the time is right, then whip out the colour coded lists!!

Mafia, you better beware. Townies....you better beware.

can we have a list of all the players please My Friend!

This sounds complicated!

Sorry I should have published them.

Medico

Malky

Boof

The Doctor

Dandy

Yvonne

Maxi

Stella

BBJ

Jam Tartan

Hogan

Jamie

Paddy

Marty

Commander

Cigaro

Beverley

Flux

Bigsmak

Rossi

Confused, you will be. :P

Sorry I should have published them.

Medico

Malky

Boof

The Doctor

Dandy

Yvonne

Maxi

Stella

BBJ

Jam Tartan

Marty

Hogan

Jamie

Paddy

Marty

Commander

Cigaro

Beverley

Flux

Bigsmak

Rossi

Confused, you will be. :P

You've got Marty twice Deek, there may be instances where it looks like there may be two but trust me, one of them will be me ;)

You've got Marty twice Deek, there may be instances where it looks like there may be two but trust me, one of them will be me ;)

Have I? You must be seeing things. :P

Out of interest, it says Claire is death proof except if targeted by the Mafia Godfather dude Arthur, does that mean she can't be lynched by townies? That'd be a bit of a ****er because if they're lynched but don't die, guaranteed the Mafia will chib them through the night with no risk of recrimination

Out of interest, it says Claire is death proof except if targeted by the Mafia Godfather dude Arthur, does that mean she can't be lynched by townies? That'd be a bit of a ****er because if they're lynched but don't die, guaranteed the Mafia will chib them through the night with no risk of recrimination

Just to clarify, anybody including Claire can be lynched by the town during the day.

quick question for you deek.

if sayler kills the cop, he then becomes the cop right? if he then kills arthur he turns into the mafia? so then the cop is on the mafia's side?

quick question for you deek.

if sayler kills the cop, he then becomes the cop right? if he then kills arthur he turns into the mafia? so then the cop is on the mafia's side?

He/she is trying to be on the right side, but if they find The Godfather they are turned. He/she is a townie, unless turned.

All but one of the roles is out now. The one not out, does not accept messages. If not accepted by tomorrow at 5pm I will re distribute it.

He/she is trying to be on the right side, but if they find The Godfather they are turned. He/she is a townie, unless turned.

so they would take any powers with them to the dark side?

hmm better hope that dosent happen or we could be in trouble!

what happens if mohinder trys to inject arthur. dose he get another power or loose his ability to steal peoples powers?

so they would take any powers with them to the dark side?

hmm better hope that dosent happen or we could be in trouble!

what happens if mohinder trys to inject arthur. dose he get another power or loose his ability to steal peoples powers?

Sylar gets to play his powers before Mohinder, during the night.

So I guess all the roles are out then Deek??? :rolleyes:

I refer you to post #24.

By the way, I came looking for you just before the match kicked off yesterday, but failed.

I refer you to post #24.

By the way, I came looking for you just before the match kicked off yesterday, but failed.

What was that to give me a role in the game? :) I wasnt at game as had to work in Perth my mini me was there though.

Oh and I was posting asking about the roles and chatting on phone so hadnt refresehed and seen your post #24!

Sylar gets to play his powers before Mohinder, during the night.

i get that.

so what about if mohinder finds arthur?

can see this getting quite interesting.

i get that.

so what about if mohinder finds arthur?

can see this getting quite interesting.

Stella, go and stop asking questions, every time I think I understand it you ask something else and I'm back to square one :)

Stella, go and stop asking questions, every time I think I understand it you ask something else and I'm back to square one :)

haha

thanks deek. think i got the hang of it all for now.

Boof,

go and explain your strategem please bud, maybe this time I'll understand it :P

You asked for it...:laugh:

But first, may I say that I'm somewhat relieved to have no role as I'm always totally baffled by these Heroes mafia games - until the last few days, by which time I'm usually pushing up the daisies.

Anyhoo...the stratagem is such that day 1 goes by with the usual accusations based on previous games as surely nobody will manage to give themself away on day1. When night falls the cop investigates the person following them on the player-list. Depending upon how Deek reveals the result of the investigation there will be some information that has been revealed. To one person/some people (I've not looked to see if we have the equivalent of masons in this game). To be honest I don't know if it would work all that well in Heroes Mafia since there are too many roles that can obscure a player's identity (I think:D).

It also helps if the masons know whether or not the cop is using it so that's why I appealed for folk to state whether or not they'd be using it - it kinda allowed them to get that information to the masons whilst not revealing their identity until the investigation had happened.

And finally...the bar's open...:cheers:

Ah...but would you use it? ;)

Not that it matters for this game but I'd use it, therefore if I was the cop, I'd investigate The Doctor. But, as I said, someone, somewhere could inadvertently bugger up the results so I'm not too confident it'd be much use.

Ah...but would you use it? ;)

Not that it matters for this game but I'd use it, therefore if I was the cop, I'd investigate The Doctor. But, as I said, someone, somewhere could inadvertently bugger up the results so I'm not too confident it'd be much use.

Ha Ha, I'd investigate you, got anything you want to hide? :biggrin:

Ha! So you would - never noticed that.

Cue the bad guy making me look guilty :laugh:

Anyway, here's your pint - should last a while...

I have a feeling this game, like the other 3 heroes games, those taking part will slowly descend into tears of mental anguish :laugh:

Should be fun seeing it from the other side of the curtain, anyway it's about time for some voting action.

Random stab in the dark

vote jam tartan

he smells odd

This looks like it could be interesting...or should I maybe say confusing.

Looking forward to it anyway :)

And just for Boof, if i was the cop I would investigate the person below me (whoever that is, I haven't looked). Not that it really matters cos I'm not anyway.

This looks like it could be interesting...or should I maybe say confusing.

Looking forward to it anyway :)

And just for Boof, if i was the cop I would investigate the person below me (whoever that is, I haven't looked). Not that it really matters cos I'm not anyway.

Ha, that's me, looks like we're all picking on each other :)

Edit - just to clarify, I'm not the cop either just a regular townie

Ooh, not just for me Medico...for everyone - especially the masons...if we have any - the idea's pretty bloody useless if we don't!! Deek...do we? i.e.who gets the investigation result? And is it possible for someone to intercept it before the cop gets it?

The more I think about it the more useless it's looking :laugh:

There are no mason type roles in this game, just a cop working alone, so it's a non starter. :(

Does that mean the cop investigates then they can only try and influence things on thread? They're going to look like they're Mafia if they aren't clever :sad:

There are no mason type roles in this game, just a cop working alone, so it's a non starter. :(

Jeez - that's hopeless.

What numpty made up these roles? :P

Ah well, that'll be it consigned to the back burner.

Though if the cop wants to check me out, go ahead.

pint please boof

random stab in the dark votes goes to

vote yvonnejambo

she was bad in the last game and killed me :mad:

Archived