Mafia - The Weege Are Coming

Deek

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cigaro, honest Edinburger was taken to Easter Road and force fed a pie. He has now died from gut poisoning.

cross-rays-with-rest-in-peace.jpg

RIP Cigaro.

ArmiyaRomanova

3. For being online (or at least appearing to be - he could easily just have left JKB logged on, like I've done often enough) and not answering my spreadsheet question about Peanut's voting record.

Been away from the computer all evening, fell asleep downstairs after dinner.

Just back on now - and didn't even realise there was a deadline this evening either - wasn't the last one yesterday evening?

Here's how I have Peanut voting .... the way I keep spreadsheets I no longer bother with where a vote is in the daily order of things....

day one - maximus

day two - doctor//rob_1874

day three - doctor//commander

And I'll get to your other points in a minute....

EDIT : since it's discussing the game, I think I should wait until Deek calls tomorrow, whenever that might be.

VOTE ROB

AS for the post count thing.. I am not sure what to be saying.,.

I just want people to know how hard I tried to save Bev.... And that's cause I'm not one of the great unwashed!

Commander Harris
VOTE ROB

I just want people to know how hard I tried to save Bev.... And that's cause I'm not one of the great unwashed!

you need to wait until it is "daytime" bigsmak.

Malcolm Tucker
VOTE ROB

Crikey you're keen eh.:eek:

Come on Andy.....sorry back to the game.

Doctor Zico saved Commander Harris

Meantime the weege, decided Paddy was at the ham, he was full of untruths and broken promises, he had done it his way the whole game and had to be knocked off.

They took him up the Bathgate Hills, gave him the roger, tried to get him to speak the weege then in true weege style stabbed him in the back. Paddy was used to stabbing in the back as he was in real life, Vlad the assassin.

Meantime the Mad drummer decided to save Boof.

7 players left. 2 from the weege, next deadline 9pm tomorrow.

that's why I voted... Deek Asked..

UNVOTE: ROB

Yellow card Bigsmak. Let me think about any possible punishment. ;)

Commander Harris

poo. :(

ok, let's get a weege today and hope the drummer can get the other tonight. :)

vote boof

nothing I can put my finger on specifically, just a general feeling from his posting throughout the game. I know it's not a lot, but it's all I've got.

Jeepers!

Thanks, Mad Drummer - it's nice to know at least you and Dr Zico have faith in me.

I can assure you that you won't be left with egg on your faces.

Big grins perhaps if we can rid ourselves of these whiny-voiced, nasally-twanged, shellsuit-clad, Burberry-sporting, Corsa-driving, Buckie-swilling, cleanliness-avoiding Weegies.

Armiya...some nearly believable excuses...nice to see that your voting record for Peanut corresponds with mine (yes, I was just checking to see if you'd tell the truth ;)).

So, oh, spreadsheet-keeping one, what leaps out at you?

Anybody clearly innocent yet?

Your take on my Rob/Harris innocence suspicions?

I'll try and post the voting records (as I make them) for those who are still alive and see if anyone else can make anything of them.

Day 1

Commander Harris - Doctor, Maxi

JamboLad - Cigaro

Bigsmak - Rob

Elvis - Maxi, Maxi

Rob - Boof, Maxi

Boof - Cigaro, Bigsmak, Rob, Bev

Armiya - Flux

Maxi lynched

Day 2

Commander Harris - Bev, Rob

JamboLad - Peanut

Bigsmak - Cigaro, Rob

Elvis - Bev

Rob - Boof, Bev

Boof - Rob

Armiya - Elvis, Bigsmak, Peanut

Bev lynched

Day 3

Commander Harris - Cigaro

JamboLad - Peanut

Bigsmak - Peanut

Elvis - Harris

Rob - Doctor

Boof - Rob

Armiya - Boof, Peanut

Peanut lynched

Sexton Hardcastle
Good! :) Thought it might have been you that offed me :mad: wooooooooooooooooo

I cant wait untill the next game...

Day 4

Commander Harris - Rob, Bigsmak

JamboLad - Cigaro

Bigsmak - Rob

Elvis - Cigaro

Rob - Elvis

Boof - Armiya

Armiya - Boof

Cigaro lynched

Malcolm Tucker

Even though Bigsmak is voting for me for no real reason, I'ma vote someone I haven't yet voted for. They have struck me as a suspicious type just recently, not throughout.

vote Armiya

Just thought that this....

You're not allowed to speculate at night Bigsmak.

Naughty boy.

...isn't the talk of a greenhorn...unless he's being coached...

Sorry, mate but you've gone back on to my dodgy list.

No speculation is permitted on the thread during the night period, just the usual sorry I?ve killed townie type stuff. I will punish players who mis behave at night.

From the first post.

Malcolm Tucker

I consulted the 1st post on the 1st page mate. Near the bottom it says you can't speculate at night, pretty much my exact wording.

But hey, if you see that as a valid reason for suspicion then that's your choice.

Commander Harris
From the first post.

quite.

too many innocent newbies have fallen to the "must be being coached" guff. it's essentially a fairly simple game.

not saying Rob is an innocent, just that his post - using the vocabulary from the rules - is hardly enough to make him suspicious IMO.

ArmiyaRomanova

FFS, that was a quick restart to the game...

Lucky I checked back to the thread, I've been trying to engage with the dreaded Facebook for the first time (a work-related thing). I can see why I couldn't be bothered before now - looks like it could be a real time-sucker if allowed to be.

Not like this game - oh no! :)

In what's been a pretty appalling game for me so far, goondar well and truly askew, I've finally figured something out.

Unless Boof can protect himself, he can't be either the Assassin (who's dead now anyway, but had targeted him), the Drummer or the Doctor (who have both protected him).

So.... he's either an innocent townie......

Or a goon.

I might be about to make the worst mistake of the game here, but I'm going to trust him (despite his voting for me, the bassa), at least for the moment.

And beyond that, because Commander Harris has been quick to vote for him.

VOTE : COMMANDER HARRIS

Done in haste, I have to admit - but it'll do for now, until I have some time to think.

I agree that it's plainly spelled out...but for Rob in his first game to have that much of a good grasp on what is a pretty minor technicality shows, to me, at least a little bit of dodginess. And in the 5 or so minutes between Bigsmak and Rob's posts...I don't think he'd've had the time or inclination to go back to page 1 and check for sure.

Having said that, it would be pretty poor play for a mafia buddy to point that out and for Rob to post it.

Me = still clueless :(

Malcolm Tucker
I agree that it's plainly spelled out...but for Rob in his first game to have that much of a good grasp on what is a pretty minor technicality shows, to me, at least a little bit of dodginess. And in the 5 or so minutes between Bigsmak and Rob's posts...I don't think he'd've had the time or inclination to go back to page 1 and check for sure.

Having said that, it would be pretty poor play for a mafia buddy to point that out and for Rob to post it.

Me = still clueless :(

Jeezo how slow is your internet?:eek::P

Jeezo how slow is your internet?:eek::P

Annoyingly so sometimes - especially if the boys are playing games or some other such bandwidth-hungry activity.

So...did you memorise the rules? Or nip back and check?

Malcolm Tucker

Could say both I suppose? As a complete newbie I read the rules etc pretty closely at the start but I didn't want to make a plum of myself by stating a rule that didn't exist so I checked back.

ArmiyaRomanova

Armiya...some nearly believable excuses...nice to see that your voting record for Peanut corresponds with mine (yes, I was just checking to see if you'd tell the truth ;)).

So, oh, spreadsheet-keeping one, what leaps out at you?

Anybody clearly innocent yet?

Your take on my Rob/Harris innocence suspicions?

No-one clearly innocent yet, no. But IIRC there's only been maybe one game that I've managed to reach the last stages of where it became clear via deduction that a particular player was completely innocent.

In my cold-addled state, when I figured out that you couldn't be Doc, Assassin or Drummer, I immediately thought "Yes, so he must be innocent". Completely, I swiftly realised, leaving the fact that you might still be a goon out of the equation. Dumbo or what? :laugh:

Probably in the aftermath of that spectacular piece of faulty logic that I decided that I should trust you. I may have to think again, since I now realise that the one group who haven't targeted you is the goons. I wonder why.

Feck, I think I may just have misplaced my trust. Duly withdrawn.

WARNING TO SELF - DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS GAME WHEN YOU CAN'T THINK STRAIGHT.

and on that sorry note I'm off to bed. G'night all...

Commander Harris
FFS, that was a quick restart to the game...

Lucky I checked back to the thread, I've been trying to engage with the dreaded Facebook for the first time (a work-related thing). I can see why I couldn't be bothered before now - looks like it could be a real time-sucker if allowed to be.

Not like this game - oh no! :)

In what's been a pretty appalling game for me so far, goondar well and truly askew, I've finally figured something out.

Unless Boof can protect himself, he can't be either the Assassin (who's dead now anyway, but had targeted him), the Drummer or the Doctor (who have both protected him).

So.... he's either an innocent townie......

Or a goon.

I might be about to make the worst mistake of the game here, but I'm going to trust him (despite his voting for me, the bassa), at least for the moment.

And beyond that, because Commander Harris has been quick to vote for him.

VOTE : COMMANDER HARRIS

Done in haste, I have to admit - but it'll do for now, until I have some time to think.

by your logic, boof is either a plain vanilla townie or a goon and you vote for someone who could be a good roled character? :confused:

I'm quick to vote because I think we can win this game quickly.

In my cold-addled state, when I figured out that you couldn't be Doc, Assassin or Drummer

Why can't I be the Doc or the Drummer?

Not that I am claiming to be either...just wondering why it's impossible for me not to be one or t'other?

For the record, I am neither...possibly that's why the goons haven't been targetting me? They know I'm not a goon and believe that I'm not worth wasting a night-hit on when there's others they'd prefer to get rid of first.

And, by not doing me in, they manage to make me look guilty.

boof is either a plain vanilla townie or a goon and you vote for someone who could be a good roled character?

You could also be a bit of a naughty chap.

I'm becoming suspicious that when Peanut called the Doctor's bluff and did the double-voting thing for you to tie the scores the Doctor would've had a fairly serious clenched cheeks hour or so.

Unless he'd already checked with Deek that the countback would be in operation that night - as it was the previous night thereby ensuring Peanut's demise assuming nobody else voted late on...which just hasn't been happening in this game.

The reason this suspicion has come to mind is because Deek said for last night that countback wouldn't be used as the Weegies (if they were bright enough) could manipulate the votes to suit themselves and ensure whomever they wanted to go down, goed down. Until the trigger-happy paddy came to their aid.

I'm getting sleepy and no doubt rambling a load of pony by now so I'm offski and we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Commander Harris
You could also be a bit of a naughty chap.

I'm becoming suspicious that when Peanut called the Doctor's bluff and did the double-voting thing for you to tie the scores the Doctor would've had a fairly serious clenched cheeks hour or so.

Unless he'd already checked with Deek that the countback would be in operation that night - as it was the previous night thereby ensuring Peanut's demise assuming nobody else voted late on...which just hasn't been happening in this game.

The reason this suspicion has come to mind is because Deek said for last night that countback wouldn't be used as the Weegies (if they were bright enough) could manipulate the votes to suit themselves and ensure whomever they wanted to go down, goed down. Until the trigger-happy paddy came to their aid.

I'm getting sleepy and no doubt rambling a load of pony by now so I'm offski and we'll see what happens tomorrow.

of course I could be a naughty chap but I'm not and the evidence is pretty strong in favour of me being innocent. Even if the Doctor checked with deek, there was no guarantee that someone else would not vote me late on and leave the doctor is the ****e.

on the other hand, if armiya is right(and I'm inclined to think he is in this instance), you're either a bad guy or an unroled player. If I'm not sure who to go for I'm going to be sticking with you as it's safer than losing a potentially good roled dude.

ArmiyaRomanova
Why can't I be the Doc or the Drummer?

Not that I am claiming to be either...just wondering why it's impossible for me not to be one or t'other?

For the record, I am neither...possibly that's why the goons haven't been targetting me? They know I'm not a goon and believe that I'm not worth wasting a night-hit on when there's others they'd prefer to get rid of first.

And, by not doing me in, they manage to make me look guilty.

It's not entirely impossible for you to be either the Doc or the Drummer, but you've been saved overnight by both during the course of this game (have you not?) - which does strongly suggest that you're neither.

I don't know whether there's a rule this game stating that the Doc (or Drummer on 'save' nights) can't vote for themselves or another player repeatedly - but it's certainly been in place on previous games, and I suspect that were someone to actually do this, Deek might 'have a word'.

And as for your last point, I've wondered the same about myself - but then I've been fairly pish this game so maybe I'm not worth it.

of course I could be a naughty chap but I'm not and the evidence is pretty strong in favour of me being innocent. Even if the Doctor checked with deek, there was no guarantee that someone else would not vote me late on and leave the doctor is the ****e.

Yes, mostly agree. A plausible explanation. If you are bad, The Doctor would've been counting on no-one else voting you. However that might've saved his own neck in the overnight phase as he'd have looked slightly less guilty in having helped vote you off (if you're a bad 'un)

on the other hand, if armiya is right(and I'm inclined to think he is in this instance), you're either a bad guy or an unroled player. If I'm not sure who to go for I'm going to be sticking with you as it's safer than losing a potentially good roled dude.

In a turkeys-voting-for-Christmas scenario I'd have to agree with you here, though it makes it easy for goons to hide behind this reason.

If you do want to vote for me...go ahead. I'd be less of a loss to the town than the drummer or doctor and possibly the duet depending upon what information they currently hold.

Let's just see how big these goons' balls are...

State whether or not you have a role (that's still allowed in the rules)...

Commander Harris -

JamboLad -

Bigsmak -

Elvis -

Rob -

Boof - No

Armiya -

Knowing what I am should allow me to spot if anyone is telling fibs or not...and whilst that could give the goons an easier target overnight, at this stage we're pretty much goosed if we don't get one today.

ArmiyaRomanova

Let's just see how big these goons' balls are...

State whether or not you have a role (that's still allowed in the rules)...

Commander Harris -

JamboLad -

Bigsmak -

Elvis -

Rob -

Boof - No

Armiya - No

ha ha, I like it...

Seven straight 'no's in prospect though.

Archived