Mafia - The Weege Are Coming

Deek

Oh yeah...aren't there three good roles left?

Doctor Zico, Duet and Mad Drummer (and the Mad Drummer is only gonna be good if he can get a goon tonight)

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ArmiyaRomanova
Oh yeah...aren't there three good roles left?

Doctor Zico, Duet and Mad Drummer (and the Mad Drummer is only gonna be good if he can get a goon tonight)

Yup, I just realised that too.

Where does that leave your earlier hypothesis?

If you and Bigsmak are indeed the goons, there are two other players looking at Bigsmak's claim and thinking - "well, he's got one role, I've got another - and there's a third out there."

Yup, I just realised that too.

Where does that leave your earlier hypothesis?

If you and Bigsmak are indeed the goons, there are two other players looking at Bigsmak's claim and thinking - "well, he's got one role, I've got another - and there's a third out there."

Well, knowing that I'm not anything would've meant that I'd've known that x number of players were lying.

But only I would've known that for sure - I'd fully expect others to disbelieve me.

Anyhoo, I think the goons have been keeping me alive just to have someone to lump suspicion upon.

I also think that at least one of the goons is a good experienced player...and to my mind that means ArmiyaRomanova and/or Commander Harris. Apologies to those not on that small list, but these guys have been around a lot and seen and done it all.

So given two to choose from...Vote ArmiyaRomanova

ArmiyaRomanova

I also think that at least one of the goons is a good experienced player...and to my mind that means ArmiyaRomanova and/or Commander Harris. Apologies to those not on that small list, but these guys have been around a lot and seen and done it all.

So given two to choose from...Vote ArmiyaRomanova

Why thank you, kind Sir. I resemble that remark. Sadly.

Worth pointing out that you're also a very experienced player.

Much as I've convinced myself that you're one of the goons, with Bigsmak very likely the other, there's still a nagging suspicion in the back of my mind that the two goons are laying low watching us slug it out.

Any explanation as to how my latest attempt at goon-smoking-out can be seen as a sneakily-crafted goonly ruse?

FFS, I thought we would be on the next game by now :(

Heroes game to coincide with the new season? :D

Yes please. My favourite.

To prove I'm not a goon..

UNVOTE ROB

VOTE BOOF

Please look back to the efforts to save Bev.. That should let you know who's side I'm on..

the ghost sat sniggering in the shadows as she could see who the bad guys were and knew the rest of the group were doomed, and soon to join her in hell

:peepwall:

Bev, I don't see you around here, so you must be an angel...

:teu35::teu35::teu20::teu35::teu35:

That'll be a first.

ArmiyaRomanova
Any explanation as to how my latest attempt at goon-smoking-out can be seen as a sneakily-crafted goonly ruse?

Okay... I'll lay it out for you.

You realise that because there are still three good roles left, each not knowing who the other is, there's a loophole you can exploit (could also be done with only two good roles left, I think, as long as they're unknown to each other).

You then decide to try to wrest control of the game by setting one of you up as the holder of one of those good roles (as long as this role isn't specified, no-one can question it).

You've done this through that suspicious, 'tell us whether or not you have a role exercise'. With Bigsmak emerging as being the 'good role' holder.

You ally yourself with this 'good role' holder (as you've all but done with Bigsmak) and steamroller your way into the lynching of another townie.....

Then when whoever's lynched turns out to be a good guy, huff and bluster your way out of it with "we're good, honest, we just don't know exactly who the bad guys are."

I'm onto you.

To prove I'm not a goon..

UNVOTE ROB

VOTE BOOF

Please look back to the efforts to save Bev.. That should let you know who's side I'm on..

How does that prove you're not a goon?

Why thank you, kind Sir. I resemble that remark. Sadly.

Worth pointing out that you're also a very experienced player.

Much as I've convinced myself that you're one of the goons, with Bigsmak very likely the other, there's still a nagging suspicion in the back of my mind that the two goons are laying low watching us slug it out.

Although if it turns out Boof is an Edinburgerer

I'm voting you tomorrow, and I'm asking everyone else to as well

ArmiyaRomanova

I'm onto you.

Oh FFS.....

I've just noticed that while I was writing that missive, Bigsmak's voted for Boof.

Since that puts Boof in the lead for a lynching, I'm seriously questioning whether I've just got that all wrong.

Unless you've both decided to sacrifice Boof so that Bigsmak becomes almost unimpeachable. It's possible, but I'd doubt it. Hats off to you if that does turn out to be the case.

I don't know where to look now.

Was that all just a wild Boof chase?

Okay... I'll lay it out for you.

You realise that because there are still three good roles left, each not knowing who the other is, there's a loophole you can exploit (could also be done with only two good roles left, I think, as long as they're unknown to each other).

You then decide to try to wrest control of the game by setting one of you up as the holder of one of those good roles (as long as this role isn't specified, no-one can question it).

You've done this through that suspicious, 'tell us whether or not you have a role exercise'. With Bigsmak emerging as being the 'good role' holder.

You ally yourself with this 'good role' holder (as you've all but done with Bigsmak) and steamroller your way into the lynching of another townie.....

Then when whoever's lynched turns out to be a good guy, huff and bluster your way out of it with "we're good, honest, we just don't know exactly who the bad guys are."

I'm onto you.

The boldened bit just shows where your explanation falls down.

The goons were quite happily sitting back and doing bugger all to win the game. It would be quite frankly ludicrous for me (if a goon) to do anything to upset that apple-cart. I'd keep quiet, post nothing controversial and finger any old body.

You may be on to me but it's not very comfortable...one more vote and I'm being fired from the 1 o'clock gun. :( Then the non-goons who have voted for me are gonna have eggy faces.

ArmiyaRomanova
The boldened bit just shows where your explanation falls down.

The goons were quite happily sitting back and doing bugger all to win the game. It would be quite frankly ludicrous for me (if a goon) to do anything to upset that apple-cart. I'd keep quiet, post nothing controversial and finger any old body.

You may be on to me but it's not very comfortable...one more vote and I'm being fired from the 1 o'clock gun. :( Then the non-goons who have voted for me are gonna have eggy faces.

It doesn't fall down if you ARE being bold.

But I've lost the courage of my convictions now.

UNVOTE : Boof

And back to the spreadsheet.....

Furthermore - I don't think Bigsmak claimed his role was good, though I'd expect everyone to assume that's what he meant.

ArmiyaRomanova

Okay, with time running out...

I have to have a total rethink, and there's not the time for it (I have to go out for a while).

So, I'm going for someone who's been lurking all the way through the game, knocking off Cigaro and Peanut along the way.

VOTE: Jambolad

It doesn't fall down if you ARE being bold.

Crikey!! I'd need balls the size of coconuts to try that stunt.

The goons only needed everyone to tick along as quietly as they had been and Bob was destined to be their uncle.

ArmiyaRomanova
Furthermore - I don't think Bigsmak claimed his role was good, though I'd expect everyone to assume that's what he meant.

HANG ON A MINUTE!

You're trying to tell us that you were happy for us all to believe that Bigsmak was admitting to have a good role - and even though you didn't think he meant that himself, you acted as though you did?

You're looking dodgy to me again.

Bigsmak, care to tell us what you really meant?

HANG ON A MINUTE!

You're trying to tell us that you were happy for us all to believe that Bigsmak was admitting to have a good role - and even though you didn't think he meant that himself, you acted as though you did?

You're looking dodgy to me again.

Bigsmak, care to tell us what you really meant?

Eh?

I can't remember the exact words Bigsmak used - all I've been posting is that he had a role - as he'd admitted.

I never stated that it was a good role - how could I know? - though I'd've expected everyone to have assumed that's what he was claiming.

Agony of agonies - I have to go out....

See y'all about half 9 - Deek...any chance of extending the deadline to 10?

And I won't know the answer till I come back.

Stay safe Edinburghers.

ArmiyaRomanova
Eh?

I can't remember the exact words Bigsmak used - all I've been posting is that he had a role - as he'd admitted.

I never stated that it was a good role - how could I know? - though I'd've expected everyone to have assumed that's what he was claiming.

Here's the exchange, from two pages page and spanning three posts (sorry, I don't know how to do the multiquote thing easily so I cut and pasted).

Boof - You got a role Bigsmak?

(next post

Bigsmak - Yup.. I'm the good one!

(next post)

Boof - Fair enough - that'll be it looking like this then...

Seems pretty clear to me what Bigsmak was saying - and how you took it from then on.

Dodgy, dodgy, dodgy.

I lost faith a while back, but I won't be changing my vote again this evening.

And I'm late now anyway....

UNVOTE: Jambolad

VOTE : Boof

number 2 please

Thanks Beverley. Somebody else is posting the answer, which will be the player who is voted off.

Elvis, where are you, where are you Elvis...... He has been missing most of the day.

But I had my spies out today and they tracked him down.

I have video evidence.

He was busking in his home town.:eek:

Some of you may recognise the place.

He is at the top of Buchanan Street in......

The Weege.

Elvis the Wee ginger gnome is deid.

Nominations please.

DAY 1

First CH votes The Doctor with some sort of guff reason and then spins a bit of banter with Beverley when she questions this, fairy nuff she says, nothing dodgy going on then? Well, later one when it looks like people are starting to go along with CH he panics and switches to me (very) closely followed by Elvis suddenly from a split vote we have a bandwagon. Reeks of evil (or pish perhaps - which would indicate weege) IMO.

I think there could be more to those four I mentioned than meets the eye. Just my initial observation. Good luck for when I'm gone, you'll need it.

:rolleyes:

Commander Harris
DAY 1

:rolleyes:

"more to those four", bev's already proved to be a good'un so your "aren't I clever" post doesn't really work. :)

"more to those four", bev's already proved to be a good'un so your "aren't I clever" post doesn't really work. :)

Steady it is night. Any more of this and I will mod kill you. :mad:

Commander Harris

sorry deek, I thought it would be ok as I was responding to a ghost rather than casting any accusations or speculating on anything. your point is taken though, my lips are sealed for the time being. :)

:5643::5643::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose: :5643::5643:

Sorry Bev...wouldn't let me do a dozen roses...

been a while since i was given roses. at least we got the bad guy though. well, one of them at least

Archived