Stevie Banks (merged threads)

siegementality

Guest JamboRobbo
You also said Zaliukas should be dropped on Saturday and he was MOTM;)

Here was me reading it was Pedro Mendez as well.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monkfish1979
Csaba I dont think so Romanov yes more like it. Things havent changed a bit just a new approach. At long last our new # 1 will be LIthuanian quite a surprise. I thought Csaba was after a Hungarian I wonder just what happened.

We have a Lithuanian goalkeeper? How did I misss that? :eek:

Charlie-Brown
Not that you're looking for excuses as usual of course Charlie.

Don't let factual argument get in the way of your conspiracy paranoia JR :o

The Real Maroonblood

Originally Posted by Corrie Jambo

The craziest part of this mess is the fact that we have signed the Kaunas goalkeeper the week before the biggest game in their history surely wekening them!!!

Yes, so much for the theory that Kaunus are now Vlad's priority and he has lost interest in Hearts.

Sorry I missed out the !!!!

You could be right. Alternately Kurkis isn't that good and they have a better keeper to step in and proves that Romanov cares more about Kaunas.

Guest JamboRobbo
Don't let factual argument get in the way of your conspiracy paranoia JR :o

Had any factual pms from Roman lately? :rofl:

The sun this morning are reporting that Romanov branded Banks as untrustworthy and that its likely that Banks will be sold.

Could be a lot of rubbish though as theres no quotes from anyone (not even the usual insider quotes).

Had any factual pms from Roman lately? :rofl:

He didnt answer that question yesterday.Is there somthing we should know.

ToadKiller Dog
The sun this morning are reporting that Romanov branded Banks as untrustworthy and that its likely that Banks will be sold.

Could be a lot of rubbish though as theres no quotes from anyone (not even the usual insider quotes).

The hun trying to break up harmony at the club no surprise there ,i expect there will be a few sun disciples on here ,I will wait and see what Banks says as i expect a interview on hearts world soon from him about his new position.

Guest JamboRobbo
He didnt answer that question yesterday.Is there somthing we should know.

Just that the man saying I'm a conspiracy theorist used to believe he was receiving PM's from Roman Romanov via JKB.

Just that the man saying I'm a conspiracy theorist used to believe he was receiving PM's from Roman Romanov via JKB.

:)

I read that this morning, Have not seen any quotes though and would hope hearts come out and quash this asap.

Worrying though as this does seem a tad knee jerk......then again...maybe banks felt it would be best to get Jamie Mac involved in these types of games now and sacraficed himself for the good of Jamie Mac, by making the decision to quit.

Captain Lithuania
Ignore the snipers mate. I was ridiculed on here for saying the same thing after watching Kurskis "warm up" at Ibrox last year. It soon became clear who was right.

Cheers pal, cant even post an opinion without being constantly slated.

I read that this morning, Have not seen any quotes though and would hope hearts come out and quash this asap.

Worrying though as this does seem a tad knee jerk......then again...maybe banks felt it would be best to get Jamie Mac involved in these types of games now and sacraficed himself for the good of Jamie Mac, by making the decision to quit.

Did you think that after last week - where other than the 'handball' Banks made no mistakes - that he looked ready to retire as a player?

Just something to add to the debate.

The offical team photo has been cancelled twice - I reckon it's down to new personnel coming in.

Watch this space.

Did you think that after last week - where other than the 'handball' Banks made no mistakes - that he looked ready to retire as a player?

Banks should not be Hearts No 1.

Decent but nothing special. We need better. Whether we get better is for another debate.

The reality is that whilst Romanov remains at the club we will all have to put up with and accept interference from him

As I discussed in the thread last week debating whether or not Karipidis should play in midfield my main concern was that any dictated team choices should be made early in the week preceding a game so that the team that plays on a Saturday is set out on the Friday.

This has practical and propoganda benefits

1. Its crucial IMO the team that plays is set out the day before the game and is not subject to last minute changes

2. Doing so makes it more difficult to prove interference

3. Doing so makes it less likely to affect players motivation and morale - sudden changes are no doubt unsettling and cause a lot of uncertainty as to what is going on and threaten to break the bond of trust between players and manager

Whether people believe there is still dictation of team selection is one thing

What is crucial that the players do not believe there is.

If there is it is a hugely difficult trick for Csaba to pull off. And last minute changes make it virtually impossible for him IMO

Captain Lithuania

Decent but nothing special. We need better. Whether we get better is for another debate.

Do you disagree with he's the best we have just now though?

Right at the end of this interview Csaba confirms Banks will no longer play.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7566463.stm

How does he go from being Hearts number 1 goalkeeper all pre season to goalkeeper coach who won't play again in the space of a few days?

Great decision I thought, and one which should have been taken pre-season. Banks is goalkeeping coach, let him concentrate on that. Jamie Mac is the best young keeper in Scotland and it's about time he got his chance. Which leaves Kello as back-up, which from the look of his career to date seems reasonable.

Just so long as this isn't the start of the keeper position chopping and changing on a whim, this is a good move imo.

Great decision I thought, and one which should have been taken pre-season. Banks is goalkeeping coach, let him concentrate on that. Jamie Mac is the best young keeper in Scotland and it's about time he got his chance. Which leaves Kello as back-up, which from the look of his career to date seems reasonable.

Just so long as this isn't the start of the keeper position chopping and changing on a whim, this is a good move imo.

I dont think its a issue is wheather it a good move or not.Its was the timming and the possible effects on the moral of the team that bothers me.

Guest JamboRobbo

Agree entirely. My concern is not that Banks should be playing (or not), but more the manner in which the decision was reached. I hope it was Csabas choice, and Csabas choice alone. I'm not so sure it was though.

:food-smiley-004:

Banks was the man in possession of the jersey and IMO rightly so

His performance against m`well did nothing to change that and he actually had a good game. Macdonald has just returned from loan and has not been deemed the number one choice thus far therefore although the Goalkeeper position and Banks coaching role required clarified unless someone else that was signed as no 1 came in or Banks had a couple of nightmares then he should have retained this position.

The fact that our first choice was omitted completely on the eve of a game gives the rumour mill regarding interference more ammo and its hard to argue with this.

I would say that what Hearts fans want more than anything is for Csaba to have overall control and make his own decisons but although the official web site does mention the situation it falls short of sounding like a 100% Csaba decision.

Was not at the game but from the highlights it looked like JM did ok but the decison to promote him so suddenly when SB held the jersey looks like another decison only Hearts would make

If Banks is the Goalie Coach then he should have been at Ibrox helping MacDonald prepare for his debut.

Someone saw fit to give that task to Kello.

The whole thing is bizarre imo.

FWIW I don't think Banks will be around much longer.

I think you are right. I think maybe Banks had too much to say last season for Romanov's liking. Time will tell but it doesn't look good for him at Hearts. It's a pity because he did well considering he was trying to replace Hearts best ever goalie.

Dr. Bapswent

Banks is the youth team coach.

Not goalie coach.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-keeper-Banks-39sacked-as.4398182.jp

Hearts keeper Banks 'sacked as top team coach'

HEARTS boss Vladimir Romanov has reportedly axed keeper Steve Banks, and sacked him as first-team keeper coach.

The Englishman was dumped from Csaba Laszlo's squad to face Rangers just hours before kick-off.

The Jambos then announced on their website that he had effectively retired and would assume a full-time role as youth-team keeper coach - a demotion from the coaching role he held for seven months.

Guest JamboRobbo
Hearts have been pretty quick to deny rumours about several subjects recently and I'm wondering if they'll do so when Barry Anderson reports on the Banks situation tomorrow ?

Hmmmm.......

Banks is probably hurting the club every day or something. Maybe he's a judas.

Must be great when you're first team keeper one week, with the manager declaring you his number 1, then the owner decides you've retired the next week though eh........

Banks is the youth team coach.

Not goalie coach.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-keeper-Banks-39sacked-as.4398182.jp

Hearts keeper Banks 'sacked as top team coach'

HEARTS boss Vladimir Romanov has reportedly axed keeper Steve Banks, and sacked him as first-team keeper coach.

The Englishman was dumped from Csaba Laszlo's squad to face Rangers just hours before kick-off.

The Jambos then announced on their website that he had effectively retired and would assume a full-time role as youth-team keeper coach - a demotion from the coaching role he held for seven months.

:rolleyes:

If Banksy is unhappy, he should resign pronto.

easier said than done when you've got bills to pay.

I just got a text message about today's Evening News - apparently the latest is that Vlad is saying that Banks "can't be trusted to play for Hearts", whatever that means.......I'm looking for a link.

I just got a text message about today's Evening News - apparently the latest is that Vlad is saying that Banks "can't be trusted to play for Hearts", whatever that means.......I'm looking for a link.

That Vlad is an idiot?

Same here, can't wait to read this on the site a little later.

Sensationalism again or some truth in it?

Dr. Bapswent
EEN text saying Vlad told players Banks could not be trusted to play for Hearts

Anybody read the actual story yet?

Something to do with him being compared to Elvis and Hartley post match....in the dressing room.

Guest JamboRobbo
That Vlad is an idiot?

No, no. It's all just speculation. Vlad is the greatestest. Stop being so negative.

Same here, can't wait to read this on the site a little later.

Sensationalism again or some truth in it?

Yeah, I'd imagine the players are just making up stories now to "toy" with the media

the evening news today says to the players that banks cant be trusted to play for hearts, what the hells going on now

Something to do with him being compared to Elvis and Hartley post match....in the dressing room.

FFS - whatever anyone says this will not help morale amongst the players. Particularly if Banks is popular with them, which given what I have seen I would say he is.

But I dont know for sure.

Anyway, if Banks is being compared to Elvis and Hartley he should be proud

Is this something to do with the fact that Rangers wanted to buy him? Vlad reckons Banks is part of the "Scottish Mafia" intent on seeing the old firm win in the SPL at all costs?

Geoff Kilpatrick
EEN text saying Vlad told players Banks could not be trusted to play for Hearts

Anybody read the actual story yet?

Yet he can be trusted to coach the youths?

As you said to Coco, this does sound like grounds for constructive dismissal.

the evening news today says to the players that banks cant be trusted to play for hearts, what the hells going on now

From the EEN website :

Cut The Crap

It looks like CL's string have now been firmly attached.

It was fun while it lasted, Csaba! ;)

Yet he can be trusted to coach the youths?

As you said to Coco, this does sound like grounds for constructive dismissal.

As some of the more maligned posters on this thread have pointed out, this whole scenario had Vlad's mucky paws all over it.

Banks is clearly being "taught a lesson" for something by being humiliated.

God knows what though

Archived