Stevie Banks (merged threads)

siegementality

Guest JamboRobbo
If i remember correctly he did try and remove Banks to the Goalkeeper coach to make way for Basso and Kurkis.:eek:

Correct. But they kept dropping the ball and costing us goals, so we had to bring Banks back.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That doesn't actually say whether or not Csaba thinks one is a better keeper than the other. To be honest, it just isn't very clear what it means at all...

The only thing that IS clear is that Csaba didn't want him doing both roles and now he isn't. I don't know why you seem so convinced that all is not as it should be....Banks was on his way out, we've all known he wasn't going to be number 1 for much longer, and Csaba mentioned bringing in a keeper from the minute he stepped through the door. If Vlad was that fussed about this side of things we would have had Kurskis as number 1 for some time now. Or Kello, for that matter.

siegementality
Vlad had all of last season to do this, if he wanted to. It happens a few weeks after Csaba arrives. My power of reasoning sggests it just might be Csaba's doing.

Unless of course Vlad tried to do it last season, but big Stevie Frail refused?

or Banks refused and given how pish we were and we only had Basso, who incidentally last years "management team" wanted rid of, as back up Romaknob had to bite the bullet.

It is interesting to see how many decisions last years "management team" made (Basso offski, Banks for coach, Audrey playing in the hole) that Csaba agrees with. Maybe Frail wasn't such a bad coach after all eh;).

Ha, ha, steady yourself cosa, you're the one who appears to be getting "all hysterical"!!!.

Meanwhile, do you not think, given our past problems with communication, that it would have been prudent for the club to communicate exactly how the coaching set up is going to work and what positions they are still looking to fill? Might have saved some of the debate here.

Noy hysterical in the slightest, i'm entirely relaxed about the goalkeeping situation.

Maybe the club will clarify things shortly, who knows?

That doesn't actually say whether or not Csaba thinks one is a better keeper than the other. To be honest, it just isn't very clear what it means at all...

The only thing that IS clear is that Csaba didn't want him doing both roles and now he isn't. I don't know why you seem so convinced that all is not as it should be....Banks was on his way out, we've all known he wasn't going to be number 1 for much longer, and Csaba mentioned bringing in a keeper from the minute he stepped through the door. If Vlad was that fussed about this side of things we would have had Kurskis as number 1 for some time now. Or Kello, for that matter.

Your correct there,he is doing neither.

siegementality
Correct. But they kept dropping the ball and costing us goals, so we had to bring Banks back.

It might happen again.

He said lat week that Banks was number one now till he made a mistake. Zero mistakes later, he's the goalie coach. On the same weekend Vlad turns up, and we sign a Kaunus keeper.

Given our track record, I don't think it's unfair that some people are suspicious of this.

JR, honest answer would be appreciated here....

Do you think Csaba was lying in the press conference on Friday?

Guest JamboRobbo

Honsetly, I'd like to think not. And I don't think Csaba would see it as lying as such. But I do feel his decisions may have been influenced from above, which , at the moment, he might see as a decision made "together". But which I would see as a sign of the interference from above continuing.

Time will tell.

REad this statement.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1367844,00.html

Can you honestly say there is nothing there which suggests Korobotchka and Vlad had some input in to this decision......

Csaba told Hearts.TV' date=' [/b']"Today Steve is not available. Steve has as new job. He has a new agreement with the sport director and with the owner.

"The decision has been made to play Jamie in goal and in the future Steve Banks will be the new goalkeeper coach. He will be on the training staff."

Having earlier expressed a desire for Steve Bank's role at the club to be clarified - player or coach - the Tynecastle boss is pleased to have reached a conclusion.

"We must make a decision and now the owner is here and we have made a very clear decision and I think a very good decision for everybody," he added.

The decision has been made. We must make a decision.

Not "I have made the decision"......

Your correct there,he is doing neither.

He has an important coaching role at the club, rudi. For which, I fully expect him to be doing badges and courses outwith the club so that he can perform this role to the best of his ability.

I expect the 1st team goalkeeping coach to be an experienced goalkeeping coach, don't you?

siegementality

IN MY OPINION, I don't think he is lying, but I think he is bullsheitting, he makes his decisions based on advice and opinions from Romaknob, that is dressed up as working "together", Romaknob is still having a big say, he's just got a manager who is prepared to accept his input.

He has an important coaching role at the club, rudi. For which, I fully expect him to be doing badges and courses outwith the club so that he can perform this role to the best of his ability.

I expect the 1st team goalkeeping coach to be an experienced goalkeeping coach, don't you?

Erm,he already has them,which makes it even more unbelievable,no.

Some kickbackers are just not happy unless they have a drama to contend with.

I would be very surprised if anyone on KB was against giving a young Scottish goalkeeper a chance. I personally don?t think that is the issue here.

But posters do have the right to question what they consider, the very strange way Banks just disappeared of the face of HMFC 1st team world

Dirk Diggler

So as of yesterday, NO ONE is coaching the goalkeepers?

Or is Banks coaching them until someone else is brought in and then he'll move to coaching the youths?

Anyone?

Honsetly, I'd like to think not. And I don't think Csaba would see it as lying as such. But I do feel his decisions may have been influenced from above, which , at the moment, he might see as a decision made "together". But which I would see as a sign of the interference from above continuing.

Time will tell.

So basically, Csaba can state emphatically that something was his decision and that isn't enough? Sounds to me like nothing ever will be. If you think everyone's lying to you, what's the point in paying any attention to any of it?

Depressing state of affairs, if you can't believe anything that anyone tells you.

Guest JamboRobbo
So basically, Csaba can state emphatically that something was his decision and that isn't enough? Sounds to me like nothing ever will be. If you think everyone's lying to you, what's the point in paying any attention to any of it?

I said at the time, I take Csaba at his word (as in I believe he believes it), and I'll see how it pans out.

Depressing state of affairs, if you can't believe anything that anyone tells you.

The leap from "not taking at face value ever word that comes out of a club that has lied to us repeatedly over the past few years", to "not believing anything anyone tells me" is quite large. Thats quite a generalisation to make.

Care to respond to the second part of my post? I added it after so maybe you missed it previously.

Time will tell.

REad this statement.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1367844,00.html

Can you honestly say there is nothing there which suggests Korobotchka and Vlad had some input in to this decision......

The decision has been made. We must make a decision.

Not "I have made the decision"......

You edited, that's cheating. :)

And yes, I get your point but the thing is that Csaba had already stated that HE didn't want Banks doing both roles...so I would assume that it was HIM that kick started this whole thing himself. And yes, in order for someone to be taken on as a coach I would fully expect the sporting director and the owner to have some involvement. None of it seems remotely odd to me at all.

siegementality

Or if you believe everything that anyone tells you.

rudi must stay
I did say "in my opinion". The whole thing looks ify to say the least. I also think Banks is a lot better than average!

ofcourse cos it's Vlad we think the worst. Csaba did say though that Banks couldn't be the goalkeeper coach and the goalkeeper and now he isn't. We also just signed a decent goalie so if he was to retire then we'd have competition for places. This decision makes sense imo

siegementality
I would be very surprised if anyone on KB was against giving a young Scottish goalkeeper a chance. I personally don?t think that is the issue here.

But posters do have the right to question what they consider, the very strange way Banks just disappeared of the face of HMFC 1st team world

And that is exactly what I'm doing.

Dr. Bapswent
Or if you believe everything that anyone tells you.

Why cant you make your mind up at the time, and neither be at one extreme of the spectrum

Or is generalising everyone into a group what we are supposed to do on here?

IN MY OPINION, I don't think he is lying, but I think he is bullsheitting, he makes his decisions based on advice and opinions from Romaknob, that is dressed up as working "together", Romaknob is still having a big say, he's just got a manager who is prepared to accept his input.

You come across as being sensible with some valid points and then this bloody 'Romaknob' nonsense appears and it feels like you're debating with a 12 year old.

Like I said to JR, if you think everyone's lying to you then why bother listening to/reading anything at all?

Guest JamboRobbo
Or is generalising everyone into a group what we are supposed to do on here?

Like posting baby pictures at people?

It's the timing that's strange to me. It would be good to get Steve Bank's thoughts on it all - strangely silent for getting a new appointment he apparently wants. :cool:

Dirk Diggler
And yes, in order for someone to be taken on as a coach I would fully expect the sporting director and the owner to have some involvement. None of it seems remotely odd to me at all.

Nor me.

Some people seem to be struggling with that though.

ANY owner of ANY football club would be involved if someone was changing their roles within the club.

One thing I don't get, If Banks has been sh&t on by 'Mad Vlad' and Co, why give him any role at all?

Drylaw Hearts
So as of yesterday, NO ONE is coaching the goalkeepers?

Or is Banks coaching them until someone else is brought in and then he'll move to coaching the youths?

Anyone?

If Banks is the Goalie Coach then he should have been at Ibrox helping MacDonald prepare for his debut.

Someone saw fit to give that task to Kello.

The whole thing is bizarre imo.

FWIW I don't think Banks will be around much longer.

Charlie-Brown

Last week we only had Banks & MacDonald and Basso who was told he can leave, Csaba also said Banks must decide coach or player and Csaba wanted another keeper as a matter of urgency.

Kello arrives, the hungarian might still arrive - Banks becomes a permanent coach.

What's the problem?

Csaba has said he is happy with the situation.

I said at the time, I take Csaba at his word (as in I believe he believes it), and I'll see how it pans out.

Woah, hang on and hold your horses...let me get this straight. You think Csaba is lying, but he probably doesn't realise that he's doing so?

So he's just a putty-headed mentalist then? Ah right....

EH?!

Despite Banks signing a new deal in the new year with some coaching duites included with a view to becoming a full-time goalkeeping coach, the usual (if not predictable) panic has broken out. Unless of course the doom and gloom merchants have another agenda.......

Guest JamboRobbo
Last week we only had Banks & MacDonald and Basso who was told he can leave, Csaba also said Banks must decide coach or player and Csaba wanted another keeper as a matter of urgency.

Kello arrives, the hungarian might still arrive - Banks becomes a permanent coach.

What's the problem?

Csaba has said he is happy with the situation.

No problem at all. Nothing to see here. Had an pm's from Roman Romanov lately?

Only really looked at the first couple of pages but since the decision has been made to make Banks a "coach" (Still who the hell is going to be the first team goalie coach?) then doesn't that mean that he is no longer a player so will longer be classed as number 1. Therefore MacDonald who was number 2 is the new number 1?

Guest JamboRobbo
Woah, hang on and hold your horses...let me get this straight. You think Csaba is lying, but he probably doesn't realise that he's doing so?

So he's just a putty-headed mentalist then? Ah right....

EH?!

I'm suggesting he may be getting played from above, whilst still feeling he's making his own decisions just taking into account "discussions" with the owner. Time will tell.

siegementality
You come across as being sensible with some valid points and then this bloody 'Romaknob' nonsense appears and it feels like you're debating with a 12 year old.

Like I said to JR, if you think everyone's lying to you then why bother listening to/reading anything at all?

Sorry it's my way of showing my contempt for him.

I don't think everyones lying to me, just as I don't think everyone tells me the truth. I question decisions I am not happy about or find strange. I cannot just accept the "oh well If Csaba say so then" type of attitude if I feel there is more to it.

As I've stated it seems strange that Csaba seems to be agreeing with a lot of the decisions made by last years "management team". The only person who isn't there now is Frail. So what does that tell you, Frail was right allalong or the same management team are making the same decisions?

TBH, **** knows whats happened in a week.

Suppose Vlad is paying the prices with some supporters who still see him having influence beyond what they see as acceptable. Others have gone for a clean slate with Csaba coming in.

Feck knows what the script is - and I know posters can put up bits and bobs with interviews - but I do find it bizarre that we went with Banks pre season and the first game of the season only for him to be moved in to a new position onthe second fixture of the season.

Anyway, seems to have been sorted now - just hope we dont have musical chairs for the number one shirt and whoever it is to be given the nod is given a run of games to work with the back four.

I posted something on the Kello thread the other day about the "advice" fans have given Vlad but it may have got lost in the hoop-la or it might have just been pish.

Everyone thinks Vlad should trust Csaba, give him a chance and let him get on with it. Surely we have to do the same and trust Csaba, let him get on with it and just get behind the team.

siegementality
Only really looked at the first couple of pages but since the decision has been made to make Banks a "coach" (Still who the hell is going to be the first team goalie coach?) then doesn't that mean that he is no longer a player so will longer be classed as number 1. Therefore MacDonald who was number 2 is the new number 1?

In theory, unless Kello performs well in training!

Jam Tarts 1874
It's amazing that Csaba has come to exactly the same conclusion that the "management team" of last year came to, and in only five weeks.

Csaba himself in that article says Banks was steady at number 1 with MacDonald behind him, an admission that Banks is the better keeper. Why then play MacDonald yesterday of all days?

Seriously - what bit of Banks being appointed FULL TIME GOALKEEPING COACH do you not understand??!! Is it not written in English or something!

It would have happened before the start of the season had Hearts been able to get another No:1 in before the first game, another keeper has arrived, so now Hearts as Csaba says "have made a very clear decision" which he is "very happy with", that should be an end of it, unless you are of course unable to cope with simple decision making.

Nor me.

Some people seem to be struggling with that though.

ANY owner of ANY football club would be involved if someone was changing their roles within the club.

One thing I don't get, If Banks has been sh&t on by 'Mad Vlad' and Co, why give him any role at all?

Indeed. I guess, like dave mclaren said, we'll just have to wait and see what Banksy himself has to say about it.

rudi must stay
It's the timing that's strange to me. It would be good to get Steve Bank's thoughts on it all - strangely silent for getting a new appointment he apparently wants. :cool:

not suprised he hasn't said anything. He wasn't at Ibrox yesterday so couldn't say anything and they don't train on Sunday. If we don't hear anything from him early next week we should be worried imo

Dr. Bapswent
Indeed. I guess, like dave mclaren said, we'll just have to wait and see what Banksy himself has to say about it.

Wheres the fun in that. Lets hang him from the rafters beforehand, just in case.....

I'm suggesting he may be getting played from above, whilst still feeling he's making his own decisions just taking into account "discussions" with the owner. Time will tell.

Without being aware of anything untoward? So our new manager isn't necessarily a liar, he's just incredibly stupid...

He doesn't seem remotely stupid to me, JR...

Seriously - what bit of Banks being appointed FULL TIME GOALKEEPING COACH do you not understand??!! Is it not written in English or something!

It would have happened before the start of the season had Hearts been able to get another No:1 in before the first game, another keeper has arrived, so now Hearts as Csaba says "have made a very clear decision" which he is "very happy with", that should be an end of it, unless you are of course unable to cope with simple decision making.

Is he though? Isn't he the youth goalie coach?

siegementality

FULL TIME GOALKEEPING COACH to the YOUTH TEAM is what I cannot understand. The fact that we no do not have a coach to the first team goalkeepers is what I cannot understand. The timing of it I cannot understand. The fact that Csaba said last Sunday Banks was number 1 is what I cannot understand.

What part of the foregoing can you not understand?

As for your point in bold, If MacDonald is to be the new number 1, why wasn't he number 1 pre season and the first game of the season with Banks as back up?

Guest JamboRobbo
Without being aware of anything untoward? So our new manager isn't necessarily a liar, he's just incredibly stupid...

He doesn't seem remotely stupid to me, JR...

Once again, you're trying to put words into my mouth.

Don't want to start a panic or anything but whilst watching the game yesterday, Romanov scratched his nose and moved his left leg three inches away from his seat........a sure sign that something sinister is going so start digging those bunkers folks! ;):teu26:

Sorry it's my way of showing my contempt for him.

I don't think everyones lying to me, just as I don't think everyone tells me the truth. I question decisions I am not happy about or find strange. I cannot just accept the "oh well If Csaba say so then" type of attitude if I feel there is more to it.

As I've stated it seems strange that Csaba seems to be agreeing with a lot of the decisions made by last years "management team". The only person who isn't there now is Frail. So what does that tell you, Frail was right allalong or the same management team are making the same decisions?

Csaba has already gone to great pains to explain that a couple of things have come up for discussion but that the final decision rests with him and him alone. I'm happy with that. He didn't need to say any of these things, but he has made a considerable effort to explain thing so that the fans might understand what's happening. What is really so strange or suspicious about that? Doesn't it make far more sense simply to accept his word (because it seems reasonable to do so) rather than go off at a tangent and let your imagination run riot until you have a list of alternative scenarios which aren't quite so pleasant?

For your ideas to be correct, Csaba has to be a liar. That's the bottom line. Now if you want to go down that road, that's fine. But other people might prefer to wait until they have valid reason to do so before making claims like that.

FULL TIME GOALKEEPING COACH to the YOUTH TEAM is what I cannot understand. The fact that we no do not have a coach to the first team goalkeepers is what I cannot understand. The timing of it I cannot understand. The fact that Csaba said last Sunday Banks was number 1 is what I cannot understand.

What part of the foregoing can you not understand?

As for your point in bold, If MacDonald is to be the new number 1, why wasn't he number 1 pre season and the first game of the season with Banks as back up?

What's the big crisis? Who's going to die? Does it matter if the goalie is replaced? Has this not happened before? Won't it happen again? And not necessarily at our club? Dear me. Try a pinch of this:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoicism

Once again, you're trying to put words into my mouth.

I have no intention of doing anything of the sort. If you weren't being so vague, I might not have to make assumptions about what you mean though.

So help me out. He's not telling us the truth, but he's not aware that he's doing so....and then what?

Archived