Stevie Banks (merged threads)

siegementality

Guest JamboRobbo
What's the big crisis? Who's going to die? Does it matter if the goalie is replaced? Has this not happened before? Won't it happen again? And not necessarily at our club? Dear me. Try a pinch of this:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoicism

What's the big crisis? Who's going to die? Does it matter if people discuss their thoughts on a football message board?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JamboRobbo
I have no intention of doing anything of the sort. If you weren't being so vague, I might not have to make assumptions about what you mean though.

So help me out. He's not telling us the truth, but he's not aware that he's doing so....and then what?

Sorry, but I've said what I think already. There's little point in repeating it if you didn't get it first time. Plus I'm away to play five a sides in a minute. :food-smiley-004:

siegementality
Csaba has already gone to great pains to explain that a couple of things have come up for discussion but that the final decision rests with him and him alone. I'm happy with that. He didn't need to say any of these things, but he has made a considerable effort to explain thing so that the fans might understand what's happening. What is really so strange or suspicious about that? Doesn't it make far more sense simply to accept his word (because it seems reasonable to do so) rather than go off at a tangent and let your imagination run riot until you have a list of alternative scenarios which aren't quite so pleasant?

For your ideas to be correct, Csaba has to be a liar. That's the bottom line. Now if you want to go down that road, that's fine. But other people might prefer to wait until they have valid reason to do so before making claims like that.

Originally Posted by Hearts website

Csaba told Hearts.TV, "Today Steve is not available. Steve has as new job. He has a new agreement with the sport director and with the owner.

"The decision has been made to play Jamie in goal and in the future Steve Banks will be the new goalkeeper coach. He will be on the training staff."

Having earlier expressed a desire for Steve Bank's role at the club to be clarified - player or coach - the Tynecastle boss is pleased to have reached a conclusion.

"We must make a decision and now the owner is here and we have made a very clear decision and I think a very good decision for everybody," he added.

Where does Csaba say HE made the decision. He goes to pains to say WE and EVERYBODY.

As JR alluded to in post 109. This, at best, is a "together" decision.

portobellojambo1
It's the timing that's strange to me. It would be good to get Steve Bank's thoughts on it all - strangely silent for getting a new appointment he apparently wants. :cool:

Would tend to agree with that dave, although suspect he may not as yet have had a chance to comment. Would imagine he wasn't told until late Friday, and will not be back at work until tomorrow, Monday.

Although Jamie MacDonald did nothing catastrophic at Ibrox yesterday I think you have to go into games with the best players available in every position, and in my opinion Banks remains our best goalkeeper.

I think Banks probably was looking for a coaching role, but I am not sure if he wanted it at this time, i.e. full time, or would have prefered to play out the remainder of this season, then make a decision.

Hopefully he will clear up the situation early next week.

Guest Maroon Carpet

A really bad decision regarding Steve Banks, it's worrying if it's one of Vlad instructions, but even more worrying if it's one of Lazslo's ideas.

siegementality
Would tend to agree with that dave, although suspect he may not as yet have had a chance to comment. Would imagine he wasn't told until late Friday, and will not be back at work until tomorrow, Monday.

Although Jamie MacDonald did nothing catastrophic at Ibrox yesterday I think you have to go into games with the best players available in every position, and in my opinion Banks remains our best goalkeeper.

I think Banks probably was looking for a coaching role, but I am not sure if he wanted it at this time, i.e. full time, or would have prefered to play out the remainder of this season, then make a decision.

Hopefully he will clear up the situation early next week.

The situation shouldn't need cleared up PJ1. I'm sure Hearts World could have got a quote from Banks even if someone had had to call him on his mobile. He has just been given a new job I'm sure he would have had something to say.

Usually when any club makes an announcement they have a quote from the person the announcement is being made about. Not in this case. If they had and Banks had given it the old "I'm delighted with my new job" then this thread wouldn't have been created.

Originally Posted by Hearts website

Csaba told Hearts.TV, "Today Steve is not available. Steve has as new job. He has a new agreement with the sport director and with the owner.

"The decision has been made to play Jamie in goal and in the future Steve Banks will be the new goalkeeper coach. He will be on the training staff."

Having earlier expressed a desire for Steve Bank's role at the club to be clarified - player or coach - the Tynecastle boss is pleased to have reached a conclusion.

"We must make a decision and now the owner is here and we have made a very clear decision and I think a very good decision for everybody," he added.

Where does Csaba say HE made the decision. He goes to pains to say WE and EVERYBODY.

As JR alluded to in post 109. This, at best, is a "together" decision.

The first thing in bold could quite easily be to do with his contract.

rudi must stay
A really bad decision regarding Steve Banks, it's worrying if it's one of Vlad instructions, but even more worrying if it's one of Lazslo's ideas.

is it? There's better keepers out there than Banks, maybe this Hungarian is. If he is then it's fair enough that he's got him to retire

It's all a bit confusing as Banks is a good, reliable goalkeeper who has never let us down. Exactly what you want when your going to Ibrox surely? I'm struggling to think of one mistake he has made when he has played for us. Throwing in young MacDonald into at the deep end like that was utter madness.

Schoolboy errors from Hearts as usual, shooting themselves in the foot. Laszlo is looking more and more like a puppet with every Romanovism which comes to pass. I'm putting yesterday down to him, based on the fact no manager with any common sense would do such a thing.

portobellojambo1
The situation shouldn't need cleared up PJ1. I'm sure Hearts World could have got a quote from Banks even if someone had had to call him on his mobile. He has just been given a new job I'm sure he would have had something to say.

Usually when any club makes an announcement they have a quote from the person the announcement is being made about. Not in this case. If they had and Banks had given it the old "I'm delighted with my new job" then this thread wouldn't have been created.

Maybe I phrased that wrong seigementality, I would think, or at least hope, he was told Friday night what his new role was, and presumably accepted it. However I have no idea what time this would have happened at. When I said he may not have had time to comment I meant in as much as have his comments relayed to us, which is usually via the official website. Without knowing the ins and outs of what hours those that update the official website work it is possible that he met with Laszlo privately Friday, and has not as such spoken or been interviewed within a situation whereby Hearts website staff were then able to transmit his comments generally. I am guessing here, which I assume is fairly obvious.

not suprised he hasn't said anything. He wasn't at Ibrox yesterday so couldn't say anything and they don't train on Sunday. If we don't hear anything from him early next week we should be worried imo

And WHY wasn't he at Ibrox? Because no longer has any role within the first team. Do you think that coaching the kids a couple of nights a week is the kind of career he had in mind when he signed his contract in january? THERE WAS NO MEETING WITH THE OWNER or the manager for that matter so be under no illusion that Steve Banks is delighted about his new job.

The Real Maroonblood
So he changed his mind in a week and Banks is now the youth team goalkeeping coach. FFS Banks must have been really sheite that week in training, unlucky Stevie.

Apparently Banks has Vlad Flu.

siegementality
And WHY wasn't he at Ibrox? Because no longer has any role within the first team. Do you think that coaching the kids a couple of nights a week is the kind of career he had in mind when he signed his contract in january? THERE WAS NO MEETING WITH THE OWNER or the manager for that matter so be under no illusion that Steve Banks is delighted about his new job.

Care to eloborate on this?

Great news, he is a top bloke. :)

Very few would have a problem with this if it had been announced on Monday coming rather than the eve of a big game.

I'd like to know when McDonald was told he would be playing and when Banks was told he wouldnt be playing.

Doing things like this right before big games stinks of Romanov and I cant believe that Csaba really thought that pitching McDonald in at Ibrox for his debut was the right thing to do.No matter how he dressed it up before and afterwards. It could have waited until Monday and it should have waited till Monday. It was very probably Romanov that instructed it be done immediataly and that is blatant interference which effected team selection, something he has said he wouldnt do and something Csaba said he wouldnt tolerate or have to tolerate.

What's the big crisis? Who's going to die? Does it matter if people discuss their baseless drivel designed to cause panic when no solid evidence is being produced to justify it - but hey, who cares a long as I get some attention even it is a pyrrhic victory for naysayers the world over on a football message board?

:rolleyes:

EDIT: In all seriousness, if you have any hard proof (ala Woodward & Bernstein) that all of this is resulting from some skull-duggery from Romanov then could you please produce it instead of passing off hearsay as fact or indeed, adding two and two and coming up with 528?

Unless you are derriving from strange form of gratification by repating such nonsense. I'm all for free speech but turn the record over for goodness sake.

Jambof3tornado

IMO Csaba had already decided that Banks wasnt going to be his No1 and he probably intends Kello to be our first cjoice keeper. Now the Vlad way would have been to start him,the Csaba way was to give young jamie a chance and now he has a big decision to make over who is our no1,but I will support our new managers choice whoever it is between the sticks on saturday. Not everything that goes on in our maroon world involves conspiracies. Sometimes things are done for footballing reasons.

Banksy banksy swing on the bar!!!!:) You did well enough but were only ever a stop gap. Top bloke.

siegementality

Is that the sum total of your input? To attempt to poke fun at people who have any opinion.

Grow up.

siegementality
Very few would have a problem with this if it had been announced on Monday coming rather than the eve of a big game.

I'd like to know when McDonald was told he would be playing and when Banks was told he wouldnt be playing.

Doing things like this right before big games stinks of Romanov and I cant believe that Csaba really thought that pitching McDonald in at Ibrox for his debut was the right thing to do.No matter how he dressed it up before and afterwards. It could have waited until Monday and it should have waited till Monday. It was very probably Romanov that instructed it be done immediataly and that is blatant interference which effected team selection, something he has said he wouldnt do and something Csaba said he wouldnt tolerate or have to tolerate.

I agree.

Is that the sum total of your input? To attempt to poke fun at people who have any opinion.

Grow up.

Excellent cop-out. I've made my point on the Banks affair on a previous thread yesterday and nothing has changed to alter it. Feel free to search my posts and respond to it if you so desire.

As for your final comment. Pot, kettle and black are words that spring to mind.

siegementality

EDIT: In all seriousness, if you have any hard proof (ala Woodward & Bernstein) that all of this is resulting from some skull-duggery from Romanov then could you please produce it instead of passing off hearsay as fact or indeed, adding two and two and coming up with 528?

Unless you are derriving from strange form of gratification by repating such nonsense. I'm all for free speech but turn the record over for goodness sake.

Does anybody have evidence either way? Civil matters are settled on the balance of probability. I'd say the balance of probability suggests some form of VR interference.

Something along the lines of "Vlad had nothing to do with this" from Banks himself,but that aint gonna happen,is it.

Man oh man ,some people just can't see whats right infront off them,can't believe you are trying to tell me Vlad had no input into this.

Alternatively you and the other Negative Nancy's could just be using your Romanov paranoia and seeing things that aren't there.

And if Banksy does come out tomorrow and say that he's happy with things I gaurantee the usual suspects will be saying 'He's been told to say that. He doesn't really mean it.' etc etc.

The season has started, the timing is irrelevant, all the games are big.

Remember this..... the grass is green, we have a ball, we have a referee, we have rules.

Does anybody have evidence either way? Civil matters are settled on the balance of probability. I'd say the balance of probability suggests some form of VR interference.

Of course. Evidence would ruin some half-baked theory which you've conjured and decided to run with in order to grab some attention on a Sunday afternoon. I salute you sir as you have clearly succeeded. Although some evidence would help quash the bout of mirth I've been experiencing when digesting your pieces of wisdom (sic).

siegementality
Excellent cop-out. I've made my point on the Banks affair on a previous thread yesterday and nothing has changed to alter it. Feel free to search my posts and respond to it if you so desire.

As for your final comment. Pot, kettle and black are words that spring to mind.

Copout, behave yourself. I've posted my opinions throughout this thread as opposed to you who has turned up and had a pop at anyone whose opinion differs from yours, which if you care to read the thread, are many.

As for the "Banks affair" (your words) what affair, you appear to be saying there is no "affair".

As for searching your posts from yesterday, I'll decline thanks, I've seen the quality of your posts today and strangely none of them has inspired me to waste an ounce of energy reading anything else you have posted, if that's OK with you.

siegementality
Of course. Evidence would ruin some half-baked theory which you've conjured and decided to run with in order to grab some attention on a Sunday afternoon. I salute you sir as you have clearly succeeded. Although some evidence would help quash the bout of mirth I've been experiencing when digesting your pieces of wisdom (sic).

As I have stated have you got any evidence to suggest the Steve Banks situation is all above board or are you going to continue with your juvenile insults?

Alternatively you and the other Negative Nancy's could just be using your Romanov paranoia and seeing things that aren't there.

And if Banksy does come out tomorrow and say that he's happy with things I gaurantee the usual suspects will be saying 'He's been told to say that. He doesn't really mean it.' etc etc.

People owning up to looking silly? I think the NN's would rather impale themselves with a breadknife than do that.

(And before anyone says: "But what if they're right?", they can by all means come on here and take the acclaim but the reluctance to put forward anything tangiable to back their stories up does suggest they don't have a clue as to what has really gone on. If they are in the process of collating said evidence, then not keeping their powder dry and blurting out their theories regardless is pretty daft as it would give Hearts - if we assume the NN's are onto something - ample opportunity to take a peek at the hand that could be dealt to them and pulling out a couple of aces from the pack to quash any suspicion of hanky-panky!)

siegementality

Remember this..... the grass is green, we have a ball, we have a referee, we have rules.

Oh no don't start that debate again.

Dirk Diggler

But he will have been told to say it LC.:rolleyes:

Csaba's a liar.

Banksy's a liar.

I ain't no mug, I can see what's going on.

And I'll tell you something else, I won't be back at Tynecastle untill Romanov spends some money and buys some decent players.

:sad:

portobellojambo1

An unfortunate fact of life, whoever came up with that idea should have their baws removed, slowly.

Put it this way, ALL of the players were shocked when Banks wasn't on the coach when they left on Saturday morning. None more so than Jamie Mac.

Copout, behave yourself. I've posted my opinions throughout this thread as opposed to you who has turned up and had a pop at anyone whose opinion differs from yours, which if you care to read the thread, are many.

As for the "Banks affair" (your words) what affair, you appear to be saying there is no "affair".

As for searching your posts from yesterday, I'll decline thanks, I've seen the quality of your posts today and strangely none of them has inspired me to waste an ounce of energy reading anything else you have posted, if that's OK with you.

Well offer some credible (hard) evidence then instead of the tripe you are coming out with which makes it incredibly hard to take you seriously.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no affair except for those, like yourself, who want it to be.

If you can't be bothered searching my posts for my own take on Steve Banks' move to a full-time coaching post, then you must have very little confidence in your own argument.

As I have stated have you got any evidence to suggest the Steve Banks situation is all above board or are you going to continue with your juvenile insults?

You are the one who brought up subject matter of all not being what it seems, I didn't. I'd say the onus of proof lies squarely with you.

siegementality
But he will have been told to say it LC.:rolleyes:

Csaba's a liar.

Banksy's a liar.

I ain't no mug, I can see what's going on.

And I'll tell you something else, I won't be back at Tynecastle untill Romanov spends some money and buys some decent players.

:sad:

Listen, if Banks comes out and says he is happy with the situation then fine, I'll be more than happy with that.

Hearts have communicated this in such a way that it leaves lots of questions to be answered. A simple explanation as to the new coaching set up, why the timing, Banks is happy, would easily have stopped this debate even happening. I think some people have every right to be suspicious after the way things have went for the last three years, unfortunately VR is in a position where he needs to earn the trust back from some supporters. Lack of communication in matters like this doesn't help.

siegementality
Well offer some credible (hard) evidence then instead of the tripe you are coming out with which makes it incredibly hard to take you seriously.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no affair except for those, like yourself, who want it to be.

If you can't be bothered searching my posts for my own take on Steve Banks' move to a full-time coaching post, then you must have very little confidence in your own argument.

You are the one who brought up subject matter of all not being what it seems, I didn't. I'd say the onus of proof lies squarely with you.

If I had "hard" evidence either way I wouldn't have to waste my time conversing with you. The simple fact is there are some questions that need answered, I am offering my opinion and asking question and some are doing likewise, you are offering nothing to this debate other than asking me to search for your posts, aye right.

There is only one attention seeker on this thread and it's you, now you've made your point feel free to foxtrot oscar.

siegementality
Put it this way, ALL of the players were shocked when Banks wasn't on the coach when they left on Saturday morning. None more so than Jamie Mac.

How do you know this?

There is proof that Csaba has changed tack on what Banks immediate role was. Just last week he said he was No1. Now suddenly and at very short notice before a big game, he's not even travelled with the first team. Thats a bit strange in itself since he is goalkeeping coach to two of that squad. And if he is really only the Youth goalkeeping coach then A. I cant believe he's happy with that and B. Do we really need one for the youths and one for the seniors and C. Who will the senior goalkeeping coach be ?

As i said earlier, if it was done this Monday, not a problem. The FACT is that it was done on Friday or perhaps Saturday morning and no matter who decided it "together" or otherwise, that was wrong, musty have effected preparation for a big game, and needs some explaining.

Listen, if Banks comes out and says he is happy with the situation then fine, I'll be more than happy with that.

Hearts have communicated this in such a way that it leaves lots of questions to be answered. A simple explanation as to the new coaching set up, why the timing, Banks is happy, would easily have stopped this debate even happening. I think some people have every right to be suspicious after the way things have went for the last three years, unfortunately VR is in a position where he needs to earn the trust back from some supporters. Lack of communication in matters like this doesn't help.

Tremendous. :)

It won't be long before you float the idea of an X-Factor stylee phone-in vote to decide the team. :rolleyes:

When people are promoted/demoted/shifted around in your work* I'm sure they don't consult all your customers. Banks isn't good enough so he's been "moved sideways". I have no problem with that. Let the manager manage. ;)

* Assuming you have a job and aren't a schoolkid.

siegementality
Tremendous. :)

It won't be long before you float the idea of an X-Factor stylee phone-in vote to decide the team. :rolleyes:

When people are promoted/demoted/shifted around in your work* I'm sure they don't consult all your customers. Banks isn't good enough so he's been "moved sideways". I have no problem with that. Let the manager manage. ;)

* Assuming you have a job and aren't a schoolkid.

The phone in idea could be tremendous for the club, it would bring in extra revenue and then the decisions really could be made "together". Not being one to steal other peoples ideas I'll leave it to you to contact the club, by phone, thereby showing them just how easy the phone in would be;).

I wasn't asking Hearts to consult regarding the change I was asking that the change be communicated better, different altogether.

As for any changes at Hearts why would it effect you, your team won yesterday, what lodge were you in before the game?;)

The White Cockade

Let the manager manage.

Thats what we all want

The question is "is he being allowed to?"

How do you know this?

For obvious reasons i'm not about to say how i know this, and i realise that without quoting a source, many won't believe me. But i have no reason to lie - i'm just saying it as it is.

Let the manager manage.

Thats what we all want

The question is "is he being allowed to?"

By some fans or by Romanov?

Everybody loves Baz

This thread's murder , half the people posting are on my ignore list and i can still guess what they're saying,

over & over & over & over again.

I just think Bank's was given a choice this week , play (and probably play your last season here) or coach, and be at the club long term ?

Who knows?

Guest JamboRobbo
By some fans or by Romanov?

Ok, you've lost me with that one.

How can Hearts fans giving their opinion on a website prevent Csaba from doing his job?

Archived