Stevie Banks (merged threads)

siegementality

While i agree that Banks should be either player or coach, what worries me is all the noises laslo was making sounded like he wanted Banks as no1 the change in tune reeks of vlads meddling

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's told slightly differently on the BBC site:

Banks unhappy at new Hearts role

Banks featured in the opening defeat by Motherwell

Hearts goalkeeper Steve Banks is said to be unhappy after he was demoted to the role of youth team keeper coach.

Banks played against Motherwell at Tynecastle last week, but did not feature in Saturday's loss to Rangers.

The 36-year-old had doubled up as first-team player-coach but quit last week after manager Csaba Laszlo asked him to decide on his future.

"Steven has a new job, he has a new agreement with the sport director and with the owner," said Laszlo.

Jamie McDonald made his debut in goal at Ibrox on Saturday, while the Lithuanian keeper Marian Kello was signed last week from FBK Kaunas. MY SPORT: DEBATE

What do Hearts fans think about about Steve Banks's new role?

"The decision has been made to play Jamie in goal and in the future Steve Banks will be the new goalkeeper coach. He will be on the training staff," Laszlo told the Hearts website.

"We must make a decision and now the owner is here, we have made a very clear decision, and, I think a very good decision for everyone."

Hearts have also made an offer to sign Hungary goalkeeper Janos Balogh on a six-month loan deal.

The 25-year-old is currently with Debrecen in Hungary.

Laszlo has also said the appointment of a new first-team goalkeeping coach will be a priority for the Edinburgh club, but would not discuss any potential candidates.

"We will be having talks about this and discussing what we will do," said Laszlo.

"It is important to have someone in this position as soon as possible and we will do something as quickly as we can.

"We have some ideas but cannot discuss them just now."

The Hearts manager was also quick to praise the performance of Jamie MacDonald against Rangers on Saturday at Ibrox, despite conceding two goals against the Glasgow side.

"Jamie had a good game and didn't make any mistakes.

"It was a nice afternoon for Jamie but the team work which the whole defence put in was very important, although the result was obviously very disappointing."

Dr. Bapswent
He's got a point though, given you post an EEN link just about every day.

And snide "breaking news" pics aren't funny and just look idiotic when you do exactly the same thing on a regular basis.

Although I generally note that if I cant find it may have been posted, and dont miss a huge thread with around 500 replies on the exact same topic....

Dr. Bapswent
A day does not go by without Dr B starting at least 5 threads with a link to a story.:P

Whats your problem with that?

Pants Shaton

Leaving aside the relative merits of Banks as a goalkeeper (which is hardly the central issue); our club has a track record of treating their employees in a cowardly and disgraceful manner:

Banks: apparently being undermined and forced out.

Screpis: promised a move to Hearts and then stuck out at Kaunas, then has his contract withdrawn as part of a contractual clause he is unaware of.

Pressley: Contemptible garbage about being the disease: 'cure is painful...'

Frail: Publicly (and laughably) blamed for our flirtation with relegation when the facts clearly demonstrate us moving from 11th to 8th place whilst he was 'caretaker manager'

If I had the time I could name dozens more (maybe).

Whatever your view of Romanov's involvement, I challenge anyone to suggest this man has acted with courage or basic human decency.

ChemicalJambo

Very few players want to give up playing early to move into coaching, so knew there was more to this.

I'm quite happy for Vlad to dump judas types like Webster, he didn't go on the pre-season tour as he was so set on a move to Rangers.

Can only assume when Rangers were sniffing about that Banks asked to speak to them and if he was trying to get a move then could understand why Vlad has the gripe.

Pretty clear that Hearts players shouldn't even slightly hint at wanting to move to the old firm until the club has accepted a big bid for them, and I can't say I feel sorry for the players for this situation. FTOF

I think I need to put my post in points for fear of this ending up at about forty three pages long:

1. Barry tells fibs, we know this. I want to hear from someone other than him about this story...and if it isn't true, I fully expect the club to deny it on the website as per previous fibs from said journalist. If it's true, hell mend Vladimir, but mean time I'm not letting Banderson get me all whipped up into a frenzy again, and quite possibly over nothing.

2. Banksy is a legend and I doubt he'd ever have acted with anything other than complete professionalism. I'd agree with the suggestion that he seems to be very well liked amongst the players.

3. Wonder who Barry's 'source' is meant to be?

Leaving aside the relative merits of Banks as a goalkeeper (which is hardly the central issue); our club has an track record of treating their employees in a cowardly and disgraceful manner:

Banks: apparently being undermined and forced out.

Screpis: promised a move to Hearts and then stuck out at Kaunas, then has his contract withdrawn as part of a contractual clause he is unaware of.

Pressley: Contemptible garbage about being the disease: 'cure is painful...'

Frail: Publicly (and laughably) blamed for our flirtation with relegation when the facts clearly demonstrate us moving from 11th to 8th place whilst he was 'caretaker manager'

If I had the time I could name dozens more (maybe).

Whatever your view of Romanov's involvement, I challenge anyone to suggest this man has acted with courage or basic human decency.

Given the circumstances, I still think Burley was Vlad's worst effort at character-assassination ...

Sorry mate and I think I'm going to come across as being really pedantic but at no point in there am I actually rubbishing Steve Banks. I'm actually asking Jambo83 how he knows Banks is so well liked in the squad.

I have no beef with Banks, no beef with anyone as it really isn't worth it - but as I've said before, he said the squad would be ****tered by this and that they wouldn't want to try if this is how a fellow pro was treated...and I wanted to know where he gets his facts from?

At no point did I claim to "know" anything!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said I thought Banks would be well liked within the squad, how does that equate to me pointing out facts as you put it????

Just drop it, you've got the wrong end of the stick and your hanging on to it like a dog with a bone!

Why wouldn't Banks be a popular figure within the dressing room is the question I posed to you, and as far as I can see, has went unanswered.

So go on, why wouldn't Banks be popular amongst Hearts players??

I think I need to put my post in points for fear of this ending up at about forty three pages long:

1. Barry tells fibs, we know this. I want to hear from someone other than him about this story...and if it isn't true, I fully expect the club to deny it on the website as per previous fibs from said journalist. If it's true, hell mend Vladimir, but mean time I'm not letting Banderson get me all whipped up into a frenzy again, and quite possibly over nothing.

2. Banksy is a legend and I doubt he'd ever have acted with anything other than complete professionalism. I'd agree with the suggestion that he seems to be very well liked amongst the players.

3. Wonder who Barry's 'source' is meant to be?

Here's a quote from Barry Anderson, to me in an email 24/12/07, after I had emailed him about the state of things at Tynie ...

"I'm sorry to hear that Richard. I really hate hearing from Hearts fans like yourself who have become so disillusioned with their club, which is

(still) one of the great institutions of Scottish society. Sadly, I am hearing from them more and more these days."

Hardly someone out to lie to make things worse for Hearts.

Thunderstruck

Wasn't Vlad on the touchline in a lengthy conversation with Csaba immediately after the match?

Busy man is our Vlad - having time to find his translator, get to the dressing room, deliver his oration and then get to the touchline to chat with Csaba.

All of this came to pass without anyone other than Banderson getting a sniff of it. Excuse me if I wait for corroboration.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Very few players want to give up playing early to move into coaching, so knew there was more to this.

I'm quite happy for Vlad to dump judas types like Webster, he didn't go on the pre-season tour as he was so set on a move to Rangers.

Can only assume when Rangers were sniffing about that Banks asked to speak to them and if he was trying to get a move then could understand why Vlad has the gripe.

Pretty clear that Hearts players shouldn't even slightly hint at wanting to move to the old firm until the club has accepted a big bid for them, and I can't say I feel sorry for the players for this situation. FTOF

The strange thing is though that he doesn't treat Hartley the same way, yet he was the only one to ever submit a written transfer request and also pleaded with Vlad to go to Septic.

NB I'm not having a dig at Hartley, just drawing the dichotomy of Vlad's opinion on so-called 'traitors'.

alwaysthereinspirit

Dive, dive dive.

Down periscope.

Torpedo tubes open.

Batten down all hatches.

Two pings please.

The Old Tolbooth

I must admit that when I received a text through this morning saying that Banks will never play for Hearts again because Vlad says he cant be trusted, my thoughts were "oh no, here we flippin go again!"

Steve Banks has been a remarkably honest pro, and a gentleman to boot, and I simply refuse to believe that he would be untrustworthy within the squad. This is more likely to cause splits in the camp and damage the good work that Csaba has already done than help matters, the mad tw@t just cant help himself ffs!

Charlie-Brown

Obviously there has been a big stushie behind the scenes on the goalkeeping front with Csaba wanting to bring in other keepers which obviously signalled the intent to demote Banks as no1 keeper.

Simple to refute story -- sue the Evening News/Scotsman publication -- he won't though as the story is true.

He'll never go to court in this country as he has too many skeletons that would come out the closet if witnesses were free from gagging clauses to state the truth

Before people ask source I'll tell you but no names -- from a member of the first team squad who was in the dressing room pre and post match.

And I did not know about this before this was raised -- person would not discuss it but simply confirmed story when asked was it true.

Can't disagree with any of above -- what's worse is fans coming on trying to spin the story so it does not look as bad -- get a reality check -- if the owner of any company calls a meeting with his staff and states that a senior executive is a traitor but has no proof or indeed keeps that member of staff on the payroll then what are we meant to think -- it's personal-- once more he shoots from the hip with no though as to the consequences.

Banks will prob be away by end of transfer window -- its just down to cash now -- we won't hear from him because he will not want to lessen any pay off for the remaining two years of his contract and will not want to be fined/suspended by the club -- just imagine though if he did speak out -- the Vlad apologists would say it shows Vlad was right not to trust him -- shoot the messenger not the message would seem to be the prevailing actions of some on this board.

Read the evening news story -- its from a player who was there -- 'madness' is just about the right sentiment.

It is not about whether we will improve or not -- or about team morale it is about what is right and wrong -- IN THIS CASE FOLKS WE KNOW WHO IS WRONG -- DO NOT DEFEND HIM.

I gree with a lot of what you say,but you state"read the story it is from a player who was there".

I have no way of knowing if that statement is true or not but if you scroll down the fans reaction at the bottom of the evening news story you will come across a reply from someone call Bobby Bobby Prentice(i think) he tells a story which sounds to me like he knows for sure what went on.

Read it and give me your opinion.

Where did he get the quote that is in the article from?

I doubt Anderson was in the dressing room when this was allegedly said.

Don't expect a rush of people backing up this train of thought.

But I agree.

Simple to refute story -- sue the Evening News/Scotsman publication -- he won't though as the story is true.

He'll never go to court in this country as he has too many skeletons that would come out the closet if witnesses were free from gagging clauses to state the truth

Before people ask source I'll tell you but no names -- from a member of the first team squad who was in the dressing room pre and post match.

And I did not know about this before this was raised -- person would not discuss it but simply confirmed story when asked was it true.

Speculation without names is pathetic.

I must admit that when I received a text through this morning saying that Banks will never play for Hearts again because Vlad says he cant be trusted, my thoughts were "oh no, here we flippin go again!"

Steve Banks has been a remarkably honest pro, and a gentleman to boot, and I simply refuse to believe that he would be untrustworthy within the squad. This is more likely to cause splits in the camp and damage the good work that Csaba has already done than help matters, the mad tw@t just cant help himself ffs!

Thanks John, exact same opinion that I expressed a short while ago. I hope a certain poster does not barrack you aswell now!! :rolleyes:

Pants Shaton
The strange thing is though that he doesn't treat Hartley the same way, yet he was the only one to ever submit a written transfer request and also pleaded with Vlad to go to Septic.

NB I'm not having a dig at Hartley, just drawing the dichotomy of Vlad's opinion on so-called 'traitors'.

Is he entering into another of the paranoid phases he seems to cycle in and out of? Or is he a coward who hides behind false accusations of disloyalty to force, surplus-to-requirements, employees out the door?

In the words of the song ... "money, money, money ..."

Jambo Martin
Obviously there has been a big stushie behind the scenes on the goalkeeping front with Csaba wanting to bring in other keepers which obviously signalled the intent to demote Banks as no1 keeper.

Or more to do with the fact Banks would have been on good wages re appearance fees and Vlad wanted him off the wage bill.

Someone is defo telling fibs?.

If you read the fans comments at the bottom of the evening news story on the web you will come across someone who has spoken to someone who was in the dressing room and their version is totally different.

Like i say someone is not telling the truth.

I gree with a lot of what you say,but you state"read the story it is from a player who was there".

I have no way of knowing if that statement is true or not but if you scroll down the fans reaction at the bottom of the evening news story you will come across a reply from someone call Bobby Bobby Prentice(i think) he tells a story which sounds to me like he knows for sure what went on.

Read it and give me your opinion.

See post #423 on here ... (and, no, I'm not "Bobby Prentice" on the EEN site.

That's funny because someone on the other thread about this, who also won't name the player who he heard it from, said that the conversation between Vlad and the players "100%" did not take place.

Someone is lying

The Old Tolbooth
Thanks John, exact same opinion that I expressed a short while ago. I hope a certain poster does not barrack you aswell now!! :rolleyes:

Although there is no direct quotes to back it up that it was actually Vlads words, it absolutely reeks of his style and the pish he comes away with.

I'm a gambling man and I'd bet my house that it was the case.

Lea

This quote was key to me and I started a thread about it at the time, which interestingly had no comments from the defend Vlad til death people on JKB.

Whatever our thoughts were on Frail, this was plainly untrue and completed Frail's 6 months journey to scapegoat status.

My argument from this statement was that it showed flawed judgement on Vlad's part, and that whilst he continued to show flawed judgement the club was at risk of imploding.

IF Vlad has said that Banks could not be trusted to play for Hearts this again shows flawed judgement.

With someone with the amount of power at the club as Vlad has, if such flawed judgement keeps getting repeated we will never get anywhere, even if Vlad genuinely thinks his judgement is sound and is doing it for what he perceives to be the benefit of the club.

There is nothing we can do about it of course - but if the majority of us could accept that the way Romanov runs the club means we will always have one hand tied behind our back (the more extreme parts of both camps having to compromise their positions slightly) then we'd all at least get on better

A day in the life of Barry Anderson:

Quiet day at the Scotsman office. Piece praising David Murray's tenure ready to go to press. Hmm, think I'll have a look at Kickback. Oh, what's this? 400 posts about Steve Bank's change of title? Must have a word with the editor...

A day in the life of Barry Anderson:

Quiet day at the Scotsman office. Piece praising David Murray's tenure ready to go to press. Hmm, think I'll have a look at Kickback. Oh, what's this? 400 posts about Steve Bank's change of title? Must have a word with the editor...

Don't be silly.

See post #423 on here ... (and, no, I'm not "Bobby Prentice" on the EEN site.

Sorry mate,i didn't notice you had posted that already.

So according to you I name the first team squad member -- have his career poss ruined , his family suffer and his name discussed for ever more by some as a traitor -- all because you want a named source

How stupid can you be -- This is not meant as a personal comment but to ask for a name is just too stupid for words --

Unless of course you are Vlad or one of his cohorts ! -- this is getting more and more like the Inquisition every week -- actually some of the actions by vlad could have been written by Monty Python

:)

This post contains some of the most suppositions I have practically ever seen in a JKB post and it comes from Mr "speak only in FACTS" Man himself

Well done Jackinory

You are obviously right.

You missed one point out though, demoted from no1 keeper AND goalkeeping coach....

Sorry mate,i didn't notice you had posted that already.

No problem - just saving people looking it up.

At no point did I claim to "know" anything!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said I thought Banks would be well liked within the squad, how does that equate to me pointing out facts as you put it????

Just drop it, you've got the wrong end of the stick and your hanging on to it like a dog with a bone!

Why wouldn't Banks be a popular figure within the dressing room is the question I posed to you, and as far as I can see, has went unanswered.

So go on, why wouldn't Banks be popular amongst Hearts players??

Mate, you said you were 'sure' - you've got us relegated as a result of this!

Thunderstruck
Not one quote.

I assume you mean not one quote from Banks as the article contains quotes:

"Steven has a new job, he has a new agreement with the sport director and with the owner," said Laszlo.

"The decision has been made to play Jamie in goal and in the future Steve Banks will be the new goalkeeper coach. He will be on the training staff," Laszlo told the Hearts website.

"We must make a decision and now the owner is here, we have made a very clear decision, and, I think a very good decision for everyone."

It is also clear from what Laszlo says that Banksie is not the First Team GK coach and that he is looking for someone else.

All in all a more credible piece but the BBC doesn't have to sell newspapers.

Wouldn't be Hearts without a crisis...Irritating as hell but TBH I favoured getting a different GK anyway. Just a pity Banksy couldn't move into coaching seemlessly.

So according to you I name the first team squad member -- have his career poss ruined , his family suffer and his name discussed for ever more by some as a traitor -- all because you want a named source

How stupid can you be -- This is not meant as a personal comment but to ask for a name is just too stupid for words --

Unless of course you are Vlad or one of his cohorts ! -- this is getting more and more like the Inquisition every week -- actually some of the actions by vlad could have been written by Monty Python

Exactly- why do some people persistently, still, give Vlad the benefit of the doubt ?

When i first read the article in the evening news about Banks i was raging i do have a soft spot for Banksey(i make no appologies)due to the way he was with my mates wee one hes a true gent and i hope this story turns out to be total **** if no he has my total backing.

No it's not that. It is just one person says one thing they heard from a player, another says something that contradicts that from another player (or maybe the same player I don't know).

The point I and others are making is that someone is not telling the truth, whether that be the players in question or the posters.

Although there is no direct quotes to back it up that it was actually Vlads words, it absolutely reeks of his style and the pish he comes away with.

I'm a gambling man and I'd bet my house that it was the case.

John mate I think if everyone is being honest they would agree with you.

A player has more than likely leaked this to Anderson. Its the way of the world, and footballers gossip more than most

If that leak did not come from Banks himself my concern is that Vlad now goes on some sort of campaign to find out the source of the leak and rids him from the team.

Its pefectly obvious that this is another masterstroke by Vlad (oops, i mean Lazslo :P)

hearts_crazy

There may or may not be some truth in this story, I don't think it's quite as straight forward as Steve Banks has a new job (expect him to be out he door, if not in this window then the next BTW). However that story in the Evening Hobo looks made up, pure and simple. It looks like yet another story by that bell end deliberately aimed at getting a reaction from the Hearts fans, and guess what, he's done it again hasn't he, hook, line and sinker. Come on guys, think about it, was he hiding in a locker or something?

Having said that it wouldn't surprise me if it was relatively close to the truth though, it would seem to tie in with him being mysteriously dropped last season.

Guest JamboRobbo

AYe, that'll be it. :rofl:

Archived