Stevie Banks (merged threads)

siegementality

Maybe because Banks is a very good keeper and in my opinion thought he may have saved their first goal! I felt Jamie was slow to dive. Agreed he may have been hampered by site however a keeper relys heavily on instinct and I felt he hesitated before diving.

No chance it was perfectly placed in the corner at pace and came through a couple of players, Banks wouldn't have saved that

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
siegementality
Please read before posting.

As i've already said, managers change their minds on their preferred options frequently. Players start one week, players get dropped the next. Why must there be anything more complicated than that?

He obviously thinks playing a young goalie with potential to be great, is better than playing a journeyman, at the end of his career who already had one foot out the door in another job.

So you're saying Csaba has changed his mind on Banks in the last week. He's went from being "steady at number 1" to not being rated, fair enough. He's went from number 1 and part time first team goalkeeping coach to full time youth team goal keeping coach, fair enough. A club that is in the amount of debt that we are in has now given Banks a full time post and had to bring in someone to replace him to be a goalkeeper, a job Banks was already doing as well.

Look at it this way then, would you the rather the money spent on this job musical chairs was spent in this way, or spent signing a right back, centre half or striker?

Rudolf's Mate
Disagree mate.

I doubt Banks would have gotten that either.

I did say "in my opinion". The whole thing looks ify to say the least. I also think Banks is a lot better than average!

I'm very surprised at someone as knowledgeable as your self about all that is Hearts didn't care to read the Hearts web site,therein lies the answer.

Would you care to elaborate?

Do you not mean it was Vlad's fax?

No,vlad was/is in the country,must have had some kind of meeting with Banks and has more than likely been told he is no longer our GK.

I could be barking up the wrong tree here but if the past shows us anything with Vlad there could well have been some jiggery pokery going on.

So you're saying Csaba has changed his mind on Banks in the last week. He's went from being "steady at number 1" to not being rated, fair enough. He's went from number 1 and part time first team goalkeeping coach to full time youth team goal keeping coach, fair enough. A club that is in the amount of debt that we are in has now given Banks a full time post and had to bring in someone to replace him to be a goalkeeper, a job Banks was already doing as well.

Look at it this way then, would you the rather the money spent on this job musical chairs was spent in this way, or spent signing a right back, centre half or striker?

Where does Csaba say he thinks MacDonald is a better keeper than Banks? Csaba wanted Banks to be in one role or the other and it looks like he has chosen coaching instead of playing, therefore by default MacDonald becomes No 1.

Nothing sinister in that

No,vlad was/is in the country,must have had some kind of meeting with Banks and has more than likely been told he is no longer our GK.

I could be barking up the wrong tree here but if the past shows us anything with Vlad there could well have been some jiggery pokery going on.

So you have gone from it was Vlad to it 'must' have been him or it 'could' have been him?

siegementality
Its quite possible he infact was, hence he played yesterday. In this case one of my considerations was that Macdonald probably did not have the same challenge or competition from a 36 year old, slightly above average goalkeeper, whom the manager has already suggested should make up his mind whether he wants to play or wants to coach. I admit most freely I have no contacts or knowledge what is happening at Tynecastle, but would consider that it was fairly well known to the players what the outc ome was likely to be, therefore under the circumstances until Kello signed, Jamie just had to sit and wait, no real challenge or competition there.

Bob, to suggest that MacDonald had no real challenge or competition in attempting to oust a "36 year old, slightly above average goalkeeper" would be a sad reflection on Jamie MacDonald more than Banks. If MacDonald "did not have the same challenge or competition then why wasn't he in the team. Why was Banks considered to be the better keeper by every "manager" who has been at the club and had the choice between Banks and MacDonald?.

Where does Csaba say he thinks MacDonald is a better keeper than Banks? Csaba wanted Banks to be in one role or the other and it looks like he has chosen coaching instead of playing, therefore by default MacDonald becomes No 1.

Nothing sinister in that

That's pretty much the way I see it.

With Kello coming in over the past couple of days, Banks can now step down and focus on coaching as he doesn't even need to be on the bench.

Maybe he thought he may as well throw him in at the deep end?

Francis Albert

The awesome power of deductive reasoning.

Bob, to suggest that MacDonald had no real challenge or competition in attempting to oust a "36 year old, slightly above average goalkeeper" would be a sad reflection on Jamie MacDonald more than Banks. If MacDonald "did not have the same challenge or competition then why wasn't he in the team. Why was Banks considered to be the better keeper by every "manager" who has been at the club and had the choice between Banks and MacDonald?.

MacDonald was sent out on loan to gain experience.

He has that including a cup final appearance. He's now back and ready for the first team.

Seems straight forward enough.

So you have gone from it was Vlad to it 'must' have been him or it 'could' have been him?

Untill I get some solid proof Vlad had no input into this then I will stand by my first view.http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1367844,00.html

siegementality

Nothing sinister in that

He doesn't, he says Banks is better than MaCdonald.

Csaba seems to want the same role for Banks that the "management team" of last year wanted, another "together" decision?

Francis Albert
Untill I get some solid proof Vlad had no input into this then I will stand by my first view.http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1367844,00.html

OK, what might, by way of example, this "solid proof" consist of?

siegementality

"he (Banks) has an agreement with the Sporting Director and the owner"

Teuchterjambo

There are so many perspectives on this one - no matter which way you look at it there seems to be a reasonable point that can be made to contradict.I have not read anything that seems to stand up to the arguments here and I am sure there is a lot going on that we don't know about.

Personally I don't rate Banks as anything more than a solid back-up - his CV shows that over a long period of time. When that type of guy stands in they very often get good press because they do a good job - they are solid,experienced dependable keepers. However they seldom perform to the standard over a period of time (the very reason that they were stand in/back-up players in the first place). As a player then I doubt that many would argue that Steve Banks is or ever was the solution.

Now let's get back to his qualities as a coach - if I recall correctly Steve Banks was offered a coaching role not as a result of Jim Stewart leaving but as a "sweetener" when Rangers tried to lure him to Ibrox as a back-up keeper. I would argue that the decision to make him coach was done for the wrong reasons and it might just turn out he's just not very good at it !

The manager might just have realised that SB doesn't cut it either way which could explain him being sidelined to the extent he has - 4 weeks is not an unreasonable time to take to come to that conclusion.

or

Just maybe the guys is being Kneed in the nuts for whatever reason by the owner and he is just the latest in a long line of good servants to be treated shamefully. I really hope not.:confused:

The White Cockade

I could be wrong (hope I am in fact) but....

why would a first choice keeper at a premier league club happily go along with instantly retiring from the game to become YOUTH team coach when

he could have been playing in a big game at Ibrox

He's young enough to have played a few more seasons even if it was as backup

I'm sorry I don't buy it

Vlad's hands are all over this

has anyone seen any quote from Banksie saying he's happy to go along with it?

As far as we were told until 2 days ago he was first team keeper and first team goalkeeping coach and now he's happy to be youth coach.........

OK, what might, by way of example, this "solid proof" consist of?

Something along the lines of "Vlad had nothing to do with this" from Banks himself,but that aint gonna happen,is it.

Man oh man ,some people just can't see whats right infront off them,can't believe you are trying to tell me Vlad had no input into this.

So it couldn't have been that, as has been said many many times previously in this thread, Csaba wanted him to pick one or the other so Banks has a meeting with Korobochka to decide what he wants to do and he has picked coach.

I think we all know that Vlad is informed of any decisions made on the footballing side but to take that and then say it is Vlad's decision is clutching at straws for you own means

Are we going to have this thread every time a player is dropped? :sad:

Actually, i'm looking forward to Wallace & Audrey's ones. :)

siegementality
MacDonald was sent out on loan to gain experience.

He has that including a cup final appearance. He's now back and ready for the first team.

Seems straight forward enough.

So straight forward that until last Sunday Banks was still, in Csabas opinion, the better keepr. As for Jamie MacDonald being ready for first team action, fancy a wee bet that Kello becomes number 1 before long?

He doesn't, he says Banks is better than MaCdonald.

Csaba seems to want the same role for Banks that the "management team" of last year wanted, another "together" decision?

Siege, where does he say he actually thinks Banks is a better keeper than MacDonald?

siegementality

I'll not be posting on his other than to register my agreement.

Thing is mate ,he wasn't dropped,he has IMO been demoted,the reason he stayed with us was because he was getting to coach and play,now he will not play and will coach the youths,some drop,no?

Dirk Diggler
"he (Banks) has an agreement with the Sporting Director and the owner"

If I were changing roles at my work, I'd have to come to an agreement with a director and the owner also.

So straight forward that until last Sunday Banks was still, in Csabas opinion, the better keepr. As for Jamie MacDonald being ready for first team action, fancy a wee bet that Kello becomes number 1 before long?

Could happen.

If it did, would it be beyond the realms of possibility that Kello looks better in training than MacDonald?

Guest JamboRobbo
Siege, where does he say he actually thinks Banks is a better keeper than MacDonald?

He said lat week that Banks was number one now till he made a mistake. Zero mistakes later, he's the goalie coach. On the same weekend Vlad turns up, and we sign a Kaunus keeper.

Given our track record, I don't think it's unfair that some people are suspicious of this.

Thing is mate ,he wasn't dropped,he has IMO been demoted,the reason he stayed with us was because he was getting to coach and play,now he will not play and will coach the youths,some drop,no?

How do you know he didn't want to move into full time coaching?

So it couldn't have been that, as has been said many many times previously in this thread, Csaba wanted him to pick one or the other so Banks has a meeting with Korobochka to decide what he wants to do and he has picked coach.

I think we all know that Vlad is informed of any decisions made on the footballing side but to take that and then say it is Vlad's decision is clutching at straws for you own means

Right ,so you think that Vlad had bugger all to do with this and that Banks will be over the moon at coaching 15 year olds.

Banks had a meeting with Korabotchup and Vlad,you know the owner,the one that has a history of fecking supporters,managers,players,everyone about.

Guest JamboRobbo
Could happen.

If it did, would it be beyond the realms of possibility that Kello looks better in training than MacDonald?

Yes thats possible.

And is it beyond the realms of possibility that Vlad has turned up, said right, Banks is now the goalie coach, you have Kello or MacDonald to pick from now for Ibrox Csaba?

More than likely does,but why demote him to youths,who is going to coach the reserves and first team GKs?

Yes thats possible.

And is it beyond the realms of possibility that Vlad has turned up, said right, Banks is now the goalie coach, you have Kello or MacDonald to pick from now for Ibrox Csaba?

Why always look at the worst case scenario in life JR......:rolleyes:

siegementality
Could happen.

OH FFS!!!!

Guest JamboRobbo
Why always look at the worst case scenario in life JR......:rolleyes:

Why hide from it?

I think all possibilities are worth considering. I can accept there is a possibility this was Csabas choice. I can also see there is a possibility it was a decision made above his head.

What is so wrong with that?

siegementality

Ok he wants to move into full time coaching. He is now the youth team goalkeeping coach. Who is the first team goalkeeping coach?, the role Banks was doing part time but has now stepped down from to take the youth job.

It's realism, apparently.

I think it's a case of history repeating it's self JF,every time Vlad is in the country something happens and usualy he is to blame.

As I have said I could be completely wrong,but also as I say his past record isn't that good.

TBH, **** knows whats happened in a week.

Suppose Vlad is paying the prices with some supporters who still see him having influence beyond what they see as acceptable. Others have gone for a clean slate with Csaba coming in.

Feck knows what the script is - and I know posters can put up bits and bobs with interviews - but I do find it bizarre that we went with Banks pre season and the first game of the season only for him to be moved in to a new position onthe second fixture of the season.

Anyway, seems to have been sorted now - just hope we dont have musical chairs for the number one shirt and whoever it is to be given the nod is given a run of games to work with the back four.

Ok he wants to move into full time coaching. He is now the youth team goalkeeping coach. Who is the first team goalkeeping coach?, the role Banks was doing part time but has now stepped down from to take the youth job.

How the hell have i supposed to know?

Why not wait until the club either lets us know before getting all hysterical and blaming the bogeyman Vlad?

Francis Albert
Something along the lines of "Vlad had nothing to do with this" from Banks himself,but that aint gonna happen,is it.

Man oh man ,some people just can't see whats right infront off them,can't believe you are trying to tell me Vlad had no input into this.

Vlad had all of last season to do this, if he wanted to. It happens a few weeks after Csaba arrives. My power of reasoning sggests it just might be Csaba's doing.

Unless of course Vlad tried to do it last season, but big Stevie Frail refused?

What I don't understand is why everybody is getting their knickers in a twist

Before the season started when people were putting together lists of positions we needed to strengthen all bar a couple had a new GK and a few went as far to say give MacDonald a run

The timing isn't great but Csaba has been saying this for a number of weeks that he wants Banks to choose one or the other and now he has

Until Banks comes out and discusses the situation what is the point in discussing this further as some people are thinking one way and some the other and there is no sign of anybody changing their opinion it's just getting a tad repetitive

Vlad had all of last season to do this, if he wanted to. It happens a few weeks after Csaba arrives. My power of reasoning sggests it just might be Csaba's doing.

Stevie Frail had neither the baws nor the clout to stop Vlad doing anything.

Let's face it.

What I don't understand is why everybody is getting their knickers in a twist

Before the season started when people were putting together lists of positions we needed to strengthen all bar a couple had a new GK and a few went as far to say give MacDonald a run

The timing isn't great but Csaba has been saying this for a number of weeks that he wants Banks to choose one or the other and now he has

Until Banks comes out and discusses the situation what is the point in discussing this further as some people are thinking one way and some the other and there is no sign of anybody changing their opinion it's just getting a tad repetitive

Some kickbackers are just not happy unless they have a drama to contend with.

siegementality
How the hell have i supposed to know?

Why not wait until the club either lets us know before getting all hysterical and blaming the bogeyman Vlad?

Ha, ha, steady yourself cosa, you're the one who appears to be getting "all hysterical"!!!.

Meanwhile, do you not think, given our past problems with communication, that it would have been prudent for the club to communicate exactly how the coaching set up is going to work and what positions they are still looking to fill? Might have saved some of the debate here.

If i remember correctly he did try and remove Banks to the Goalkeeper coach to make way for Basso and Kurkis.:eek:

Why all of a sudden the change of heart,last week he was the No1,now he is coaching 15 year olds.

Why is it always when Vlad is in town when things like this happen,as I keep say past history and all that.

Archived