Stevie Banks (merged threads)

siegementality

It is very unclear what has gone on.

If it is as has been reported, then unless a clear reason is given, then I can not defend this move, and am dissappointed - though I do agree with what Csaba said about playing and coaching.

With Pressley and Webster there was scope to defend him, and I did, and stand by this and why I did as I do with all points I have defended Vlad over, but to my knowledge Banks has not been disruptive in any way and always has psoken positively on the club.

Some papers suggest it stems from an event when Rangers tried to sign him - maybe he is unhappy we refused, but he did not give that impression, unlike Webster.

But perhaps Banks is happy with this new role - sounds like he is not, but maybe he is - some clarity will be good.

Either way, well done to Jame McDonald, who appeared to have done nothing wrong in the game.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry - but you just don't know that...you're only speculating.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I have just said!

jamboinglasgow

here is a sort of devils advocate post. yes it could be as the EEN story suggest. But could it be that hearts bring in two new goalies (if the hungarian guy comes in) so Csaba wants banks to be a goalkeeping coach. Now while banks is a good coach, Csaba wants a more experenced goalkeeping coach at the momment to take the first team. He still thinks banks can be a great gk coach but may want him to do his coaching badges and feels the hearts set up would benefit having two goalkeeping coaches. One who take senior coaches and one who works developing the youth goalkeepers. Banks has been a coach for 7 months and has effectivly sat in the posistion of a temporary posistion. Now Csaba may prefer having an experenced goal keeping coach in that posistion.

Celtic have three goalkeeping coaches on their books, and this may be the next stage in the personnel reshuffle. If it is I think that a few more coaches may come in specific to certain posistions.

Now if the EEN is true then thats a disgrace but find it odd that Vlad had this grudge against Banks back in january yet he played often for hearts since, Basso would of played more I think if there was a grudge.

Maybe it would have been best if Vlad had stayed away in deepest darkest Lithuania -- as soon as he is around chaos reigns.

Lets face it folks there is no excuse for holding a team meeting and informing members of your first team squad that one of its senior pros was a 'TRAITOR'

He is still living in the pre iron curtain days and believes that no one should question him or his methods -- he could get away with it at his other clubs where there is not the same press intrusion and fan base to cause major problems but he has not learnt his lesson that in this country we are free to speak or minds and make our feelings known.

I really hope that there is nobody on this board left to defend his actions on this point -- if not look in the mirror and you will see the name MUG written across your forehead.

You cannot have 'togetherness' by threat and intimidation -- you will get players and staff simply going through the motions -- see last season for what happens then.

This is an owner who gave the self same 'traitor' a 2.5 year contract on increased wages earlier this year -- if he was unhappy with him even considering moving to Rangers then he should have let him leave or dropped him in the reserves until seasons end.

Sorry folks but the only time Vlad blinked was when the fans had some control re season tickets. boycotts etc -- time to start the campaign VLAD OUT -- unless of course you believe that this is the right way to run a football club in 2008.

So lets support Hearts but you cannot in all seriousness support Vlad.

Dr. Bapswent

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7567764.stm

Banks isnnae happy.

Banks unhappy at new Hearts role

Steve Banks

Banks featured in the opening defeat by Motherwell

Hearts goalkeeper Steve Banks is said to be unhappy after he was demoted to the role of youth team keeper coach.

Banks played against Motherwell at Tynecastle last week, but did not feature in Saturday's loss to Rangers.

Who's to say they all look up to Banks or respect him? How do you not know he's not liked in the squad and no-one trusts him?

You know as much about what happens behind the scenes as I do - hence why I think you're over reacting.

Oh-oh ... here we go - "destroying the club every day"? - "working for a move away" ?

boabyarsebiscuit
Who's to say they all look up to Banks or respect him? How do you not know he's not liked in the squad and no-one trusts him?

You know as much about what happens behind the scenes as I do - hence why I think you're over reacting.

God, I really try and avoid posting on here these days, but I'm sorry I really do have to speak out on this utter garbage being posted from across the World.

There's a poster on here called Peanut who is well connected and can no doubt comment that I have come up with some accurate info in the past (I'll take the warning / infraction for naming him if he hasn't posted on this thread already).

I have 2 things to say about Steve Banks and the level of respect he has in the first team squad. I will no doubt be asked for sources, so in each case I'll start with the source.

1. Source: me. Heard with my own ears at the Dalmahoy on sponsors evening. Steve Banks is talking to a non-playing Hearts employee about being told to expect to be dropped the following Saturday so Anthony Basso can be put in the "shop window". He says he understands why it is being done and at no time descends into anything approaching a moaning session. He exhibits exemplary professionalism. Especially when a day or so later Basso pees off Mr Romanov and Steve Banks ends up playing anyway.

2. Source: player. After an away match last season, one of our more expensive professionals throws a strop in the dressing room and starts pointing fingers at others (mainly Steven Frail to be honest). Steve Banks (as a senior pro, it's only what I would expect) intervenes and lets said expensive professional know he is bang out of order.

To even suggest Steve Banks is not respected by his fellow pro's at Hearts is either deliberate disinformation or just ramblings from the Antipodes by someone desperate to make this situation sound better than it actually is.

I'm making no comments on the overall situation. But I cannot let the rubbishing of Steve Banks go unchallenged.

Shame on you.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I have just said!

No you never - you said...

i'm pretty sure Banks will be a fairly popular guy amongst the players!

Which you don't know so how can you be sure?

You know, its not the interference per se, its the impact it has on players morale and motivation.

Csaba has put an incredible amount of work into the players fitness, discipline and morale

Vlad can undo it very easily if he starts usurping the power of the manager in obvious and controversial ways

As I said earlier, I am beyond arguing about whether or not there is still interference from Vlad. There is. He just needs to do it more subtely

My point is though that it has been Csaba(not Vlad) that has been going on about the need for Banks to choose coaching or keeping.

The Hearts website states that Banks has been appointed* the youth goalkeeping coach.

So lets see what Banks has to say (if anything) rather than getting worked up over what the EEN spews out.

*From what i can read so far, this seems to be the only involvement from VR, the offer of new position.

As Jammy T says, its dependant on a number of things.

But hey, this is KB, let assume the worst and scream our heads off!!

If Csaba can play the game, and if Vlad can be more subtle the interference side of life at Hearts might not become a disasterous issue

It wont work if Vlad pulls stunts like Saturday every few weeks.

The key is that the manager retains the trust of the players.

If that happens then we can at least be a stable mid table team, with occasional good results and good football and a potential cup run

We will never challenge at the top whilst Vlad intereferes, but if Csaba manages to convince the players he is predominantly in charge we shouldnt get relegated

It doesnt look like Vlad will make it easy though

Do you ever plan on contributing anything to the forum other than antagonising others?

Pathetic.

Actually, this is probably something that is going to happen. You know as well as i do Mad Vlad's cronies on here will find some way to twist it so that this is Banks' fault. Exactly what happens every other time Vlad loses the plot - blame someone else!

Whats pathetic is the way his merry band of men (i dont include you) lap up this incompetent clown and defend the undefendable, time and time again, even when it means a model pro and good servant to the club is (yet again) hung out to dry for no apparant reason. Its total madness.

Oh-oh ... here we go - "destroying the club every day"? - "working for a move away" ?

Where did I say that. Jambo83 said he was well liked, the squad would be ****tered and we'd be facing relegation as a result of this. I'm sorry but I beg to differ.

Not being pro-Vlad, just being realistic.

My point is though that it has been Csaba(not Vlad) that has been going on about the need for Banks to choose coaching or keeping.

The Hearts website states that Banks has been appointed* the youth goalkeeping coach.

So lets see what Banks has to say (if anything) rather than getting worked up over what the EEN spews out.

*From what i can read so far, this seems to be the only involvement from VR, the offer of new position.

you know and I know that Banks cant say anything as he will be under a confidentiality agreement. you know and I know that even if Banks did comment he could not be critical of the club without being punted. you know and I know if he was critical a sizeable chunk of fans would say he was just engineering a way out of the club

I'm not really worked up. Vlad just has to interfere more subtley

To even suggest Steve Banks is not respected by his fellow pro's at Hearts is either deliberate disinformation or just ramblings from the Antipodes by someone desperate to make this situation sound better than it actually is.

I'm making no comments on the overall situation. But I cannot let the rubbishing of Steve Banks go unchallenged.

Shame on you.

Sorry, but you can read all my posts and at no point to I rubbish Steve Banks or say he wasn't well liked by the squad - please read my posts before reacting.

IMHO Jambo 83 had a very over - reactionary post of which he put forward his version of the facts....all I was doing was questioning them.

No need for the 'shame on me' I feel no shame just for questioning his post.

ToadKiller Dog

Steve Banks is Decent guy who has a lot to offer the club at any level .

The Club said that we would only get the truth from them on whats going on ,i then expect the club to refute BANDERSONS tittletattle on heartworld asap ,i also expect the club to have an interview with Banks discussing his new role .If not the lack of trust will only fall back.

and Figoo get back under the bridge you troll.

Couple of things.

I'm delighted Banks is not going to be our number 1. I've been saying for long enough he's not good enough and I'm glad Csaba / Romanov (whoever) has now realised that. When we heard the team outside Ibrox on Saturday I predicted they would marginalise Banks as I suspect they are trying to do and I reckon he'll be offski shortly. I still expect the Hungarian (or another keeper to come in).

If Banks is the youth team goalkeeper coach (may not last very long) does that mean we are bringing in a 1st team goalkeeper coach also ?

Guest JamboRobbo
Steve Banks is Decent guy who has a lot to offer the club at any level .

The Club said that we would only get the truth from them on whats going on ,i then expect the club to refute BANDERSONS tittletattle on heartworld asap ,i also expect the club to have an interview with Banks discussing his new role .If not the lack of trust will only fall back.

Agree with all you say. the club were quick enough to refute another Banderson story the other week. Wonder what the delay is this time?

As Jammy T says, its dependant on a number of things.

But hey, this is KB, let assume the worst and scream our heads off!!

If the story in the EEN is true then no matter the fall out of the situation it is still a disaster.

Our owner is in the dressing room after a defeat insulting one of the most long serving members of the first team.

It shows that nothing has changed.

boabyarsebiscuit
Sorry, but you can read all my posts and at no point to I rubbish Steve Banks or say he wasn't well liked by the squad - please read my posts before reacting.

You said:

I'm putting you straight.

As a regular poster on here would say, "I hope this helps".

Dr. Bapswent
If the story in the EEN is true then no matter the fall out of the situation it is still a disaster.

Our owner is in the dressing room after a defeat insulting one of the most long serving members of the first team.

It shows that nothing has changed.

You were in the dressing room?

You know what was said?

You saw VR insult Banks?

WOW, with such inside information, why didn't you tell us this sooner?

Or are you just speculating like the rest of us, yet talking as if you know what really happened?

You said:

I'm putting you straight.

As a regular poster on here would say, "I hope this helps".

Sorry mate and I think I'm going to come across as being really pedantic but at no point in there am I actually rubbishing Steve Banks. I'm actually asking Jambo83 how he knows Banks is so well liked in the squad.

I have no beef with Banks, no beef with anyone as it really isn't worth it - but as I've said before, he said the squad would be ****tered by this and that they wouldn't want to try if this is how a fellow pro was treated...and I wanted to know where he gets his facts from?

You know what was said?

You saw VR insult Banks?

Or are you just speculating like the rest of us, yet talking as if you know what really happened?

Point #28 on the EEN story ...

"Bobby Bobby Bobby Prentice on the wing,18/08/2008 12:21:24

That conversation between Vlad and the players 100% never took place in the changing rooms after the game! Vlad ranted on about how we were beat by the Scottish Mafia, but Banks wasn't mentioned. A meeting did take place between Banks, Vlad , Csaba and that Spanish sounding Russian in the morning and that's where Banks was told he was to coach the youth's. He's rightly not happy and he won't play again except for emergancy's. Vlad also wanted Kello to play, but Csaba resisted as he felt Kello wasn't ready. Another peice of poor journalism. Can't give my source for obvios reasons,(as he'll probably get shot at dawn! )"

You know what was said?

You saw VR insult Banks?

If the story in the EEN is true....

Christ almighty. Can we not discuss anything we are not able to prove beyond any doubt?

You know what was said?

You saw VR insult Banks?

You have to worry though as most of the speculation about Vlad butting in usually turns out to be true.

That conversation between Vlad and the players 100% never took place in the changing rooms after the game! Vlad ranted on about how we were beat by the Scottish Mafia, but Banks wasn't mentioned. A meeting did take place between Banks, Vlad , Csaba and that Spanish sounding Russian in the morning and that's where Banks was told he was to coach the youth's. He's rightly not happy and he won't play again except for emergancy's. Vlad also wanted Kello to play, but Csaba resisted as he felt Kello wasn't ready. Another peice of poor journalism. Can't give my source for obvios reasons,(as he'll probably get shot at dawn! )"

Hope the club come out and condemn the story then, as they have done previously.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Well, if this is true, the club could shoot Banderson down in flames as well...

For that to be true the source would have to be one of the four in the meeting. But I doubt Vlad would discuss the team selection with Banks around, so the source would have to be Csaba, Vlad or Lopez IMO

Dr. Bapswent
You have to worry though as most of the speculation about Vlad butting in usually turns out to be true.

Does it though?

Id wager that it most likely doesn't, not 100% accurately.

But as we never (to date) are given anything else to believe, the stories and speculation become true...or as good as.

We dont really know any facts, about any of the stories, not really.

The People's Chimp

Oh dear. It's clearly a "csaba decision."

or not.

VLADIMIR ROMANOV addressed the Hearts players following Saturday's defeat by Rangers to declare that Steve Banks could no longer be trusted to play for the club – comparing him with Steven Pressley and Andy Webster.

The majority shareholder entered the away dressing-room at Ibrox moments after the final whistle and claimed to have lost faith in Banks, who was replaced by reserve goalkeeper Jamie MacDonald for the match.

"Banks cannot be trusted, same as Pressley could not be trusted, same as Webster could not be trusted," said Romanov in front of a bemused first-team squad.

Utterly pathetic.

Well, if this is true, the club could shoot Banderson down in flames as well...

To be honest, whether or not the EEN version is true, Vlad could still instruct the club website to deny it.

Im not going to comment until the story comes from a more reputable source than Hans Christian Banderson. If this was indeed the case, I would have expected on the BBC, Sky and the red tops yesterday or this morning. No doubt they will follow up on his story but when it comes to him, I simply dont believe him.

I always think that when such things happen like this, certain people in the media cannot wait to make up stories about it and put two and two together. Csaba has made it abundantly clear since he got the job that Banks had to make a choice between playing and coaching and would be actively looking for a keeper, so as to have back up for Jamie once Banks had moved to coaching.

Guest JamboRobbo

Gotta laugh at the irony of Dr Bapswent posting that to others, when he has often posted the link to the EEN article after it's already been posted.

MackaysCentreSpot
I wonder how Mark Donaldson didn't get wind of this.

It's not a disaster but it should have been handled more sensitively, if it's entirely true of course.

But you must know if its true or not mate. You are the one that is well connected according to people on here. :rolleyes:

Dr. Bapswent
Gotta laugh at the irony of Dr Bapswent posting that to others, when he has often posted the link to the EEN article after it's already been posted.

Goto laugh when JR trolls a poster and posts about them, rather than the topic.

Actually, this is probably something that is going to happen. You know as well as i do Mad Vlad's cronies on here will find some way to twist it so that this is Banks' fault. Exactly what happens every other time Vlad loses the plot - blame someone else!

Whats pathetic is the way his merry band of men (i dont include you) lap up this incompetent clown and defend the undefendable, time and time again, even when it means a model pro and good servant to the club is (yet again) hung out to dry for no apparant reason. Its total madness.

Can't disagree with any of above -- what's worse is fans coming on trying to spin the story so it does not look as bad -- get a reality check -- if the owner of any company calls a meeting with his staff and states that a senior executive is a traitor but has no proof or indeed keeps that member of staff on the payroll then what are we meant to think -- it's personal-- once more he shoots from the hip with no though as to the consequences.

Banks will prob be away by end of transfer window -- its just down to cash now -- we won't hear from him because he will not want to lessen any pay off for the remaining two years of his contract and will not want to be fined/suspended by the club -- just imagine though if he did speak out -- the Vlad apologists would say it shows Vlad was right not to trust him -- shoot the messenger not the message would seem to be the prevailing actions of some on this board.

Read the evening news story -- its from a player who was there -- 'madness' is just about the right sentiment.

It is not about whether we will improve or not -- or about team morale it is about what is right and wrong -- IN THIS CASE FOLKS WE KNOW WHO IS WRONG -- DO NOT DEFEND HIM.

Jambof3tornado

So what actions did Banks take when der Huns came sniffing,did he ask to be allowed to talk to them,is this what p'd Vlad off?? Coz we all know that he likes players to be loyal. Not much of a story. New coach can come from wherever,kaunas,who cares as long as they are a decent standard of coach.

The People's Chimp
Goto laugh when JR trolls a poster and posts about them, rather than the topic.

He's got a point though, given you post an EEN link just about every day.

And snide "breaking news" pics aren't funny and just look idiotic when you do exactly the same thing on a regular basis.

Where did he get the quote that is in the article from?

I doubt Anderson was in the dressing room when this was allegedly said.

You know what would be helpful? If members could carry out their wee vendettas against each other by PM. Just a thought.

Worryingly (back on topic), the EEN includes quotes. I don't think for a minute that HC Banderson was in the dressing room to hear what Vlad said. It would appear, therefore, that someone in the dressing room has spoken to HC. So, who's next to be demoted and moved on?

He's got a point though, given you post an EEN link just about every day.

And snide "breaking news" pics aren't funny and just look idiotic when you do exactly the same thing on a regular basis.

A day does not go by without Dr B starting at least 5 threads with a link to a story.:P

Can't disagree with any of above -- what's worse is fans coming on trying to spin the story so it does not look as bad -- get a reality check -- if the owner of any company calls a meeting with his staff and states that a senior executive is a traitor but has no proof or indeed keeps that member of staff on the payroll then what are we meant to think -- it's personal-- once more he shoots from the hip with no though as to the consequences.

Banks will prob be away by end of transfer window -- its just down to cash now -- we won't hear from him because he will not want to lessen any pay off for the remaining two years of his contract and will not want to be fined/suspended by the club -- just imagine though if he did speak out -- the Vlad apologists would say it shows Vlad was right not to trust him -- shoot the messenger not the message would seem to be the prevailing actions of some on this board.

Read the evening news story -- its from a player who was there -- 'madness' is just about the right sentiment.

It is not about whether we will improve or not -- or about team morale it is about what is right and wrong -- IN THIS CASE FOLKS WE KNOW WHO IS WRONG -- DO NOT DEFEND HIM.

That's right - DO NOT DEFEND VLAD.

We get ourselves into all sorts of contortions on here, when the plain truth is staring us in the face.

The man is an idiot who always wants his own way (I said at the 'brox I expected Kello to be in goals, cos that is what VR would want ... turned out to be a close run thing ...).

It does not bear any scrutiny that Banks was "not to be trusted" since he was nearly tapped by the Huns, yet he was allowed to continue as goalkeeper and goalkeeping coach ? ...

Vlad is making this up to justify getting shot of him - and as we know that is NOT the first time he has pulled a trick like that.

Burley ... Anderton ... Pressley ... etc

Archived