Stevie Banks (merged threads)

siegementality

No it's not that. It is just one person says one thing they heard from a player, another says something that contradicts that from another player (or maybe the same player I don't know).

The point I and others are making is that someone is not telling the truth, whether that be the players in question or the posters.

Agreed.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the decision is a good one from both footballing and business perspectives- Jamie McDonald has the potential to be a much better keeper than Banks and obviously a more valuable asset. Bringing in these two more mature lads will give good competition for the no. 1 jersey.

As for the Barry Anderson article it has all the hallmarks of a Jambo scare story the likes of which have been used to put negative spin on hearts press releases. If there is a leak in the dressing room then this should be addressed however- what happens in the dressing room should stay in the dressing room.

BA- :slither:

Mate, you said you were 'sure' - you've got us relegated as a result of this!

So if I say "I'm sure Hearts will beat St Mirren on Saturday" then i've stated that Hearts will beat them as fact?!

Your totally twisting my words and it's just getting boring now, I won't reply to any more of your comments as i'm sure your boring the a$$ off other kb'ers

Rudolf's Mate
Although there is no direct quotes to back it up that it was actually Vlads words, it absolutely reeks of his style and the pish he comes away with.

I'm a gambling man and I'd bet my house that it was the case.

I'm with you on this. The BBC had the story before the EEN which makes me think the EEN just copied it from the beeb. This really is awful!

if this story isn't true then it's very simple to prove it. Banks simply needs to come out and say, "this didn't happen".

So according to you I name the first team squad member -- have his career poss ruined , his family suffer and his name discussed for ever more by some as a traitor -- all because you want a named source

How stupid can you be -- This is not meant as a personal comment but to ask for a name is just too stupid for words --

Unless of course you are Vlad or one of his cohorts ! -- this is getting more and more like the Inquisition every week -- actually some of the actions by vlad could have been written by Monty Python

Still, speculating about an incident in a dressing room by using the old 'secret source' is rather pathetic. Especially when there are other reports saying the exact opposite.

How did Banderson get this quote then? Seeing as your un-named player is telling you, did he tell the EEN as well?

So if I say "I'm sure Hearts will beat St Mirren on Saturday" then i've stated that Hearts will beat them as fact?!

Your totally twisting my words and it's just getting boring now, I won't reply to any more of your comments as i'm sure your boring the a$$ off other kb'ers

Wow - calm down....we're just having a debate over something. I've not made any personal insults to you and you've not to me.

Do you want to know my take on this. We all know Vlad will never stay out of things. He's a meglomaniac who'll never let it go. But we've lost bigger and better players before him and weren't relegated...played utter pish but not relegated.

As much as though I rate Banks, I don't think this episode will result in a downward spiral for us....in my opinion of course!

Please have a quick look at even the first 10 threads before making a new one.....

I'm only telling you that for your own good, as you'll be ripped to bits.

But he had a brand new angle on it - summed up in 4 words. I think he needs to give a few more details on the how and the why though. IMO all the players we currently have are eminently replaceable and whilst I like Banks I would also like a different first team GK as he's not particularly imposing...

Rudolf's Mate
I think the decision is a good one from both footballing and business perspectives- Jamie McDonald has the potential to be a much better keeper than Banks and obviously a more valuable asset. Bringing in these two more mature lads will give good competition for the no. 1 jersey.

As for the Barry Anderson article it has all the hallmarks of a Jambo scare story the likes of which have been used to put negative spin on hearts press releases. If there is a leak in the dressing room then this should be addressed however- what happens in the dressing room should stay in the dressing room.

BA- :slither:

As I said mate. The beeb broke the story over 1 hour before the EEN which makes me think the EEN have just copied it from there.

Good business or not. Banks has been a model pro till now anyway and again this just shows that Vlad is pulling the strings regardless of what we are being told!!!

I'm very angry at this. Banks is nowhere near as bad as Ehlvis, it's an insult to the loyal fans to compare the two. :mad:

Guest JamboRobbo
In the words of the song ... "money, money, money ..."

hit the nail on the head. he got his money for Hartley.

Pants Shaton
I'm with you on this. The BBC had the story before the EEN which makes me think the EEN just copied it from the beeb. This really is awful!

Or....

It could be true.

When I see a TV news story at 5pm and then the same story on another channel at 5.30pm I don't assume they just copied it from the other.

Wouldn't be Hearts without a crisis...Irritating as hell but TBH I favoured getting a different GK anyway. Just a pity Banksy couldn't move into coaching seemlessly.

It's what is does to the team dynamic etc

also it unsettles the team - you could see it on saturday

St Mirren will beta us Sat :confused:

Pants Shaton
I'm very angry at this. Banks is nowhere near as bad as Ehlvis, it's an insult to the loyal fans to compare the two. :mad:

Sorry Banks is twice as bad as Pressley - Bhahnks.

Sorry Banks is twice as bad as Pressley - Bhahnks.

Good point ... anyone like to predict how Banksy will be treated by certain people on here, if, rightly so, he wants to walk away from Tynie, likes Edinburgh ... and is contacted by a certain Edinburgh team who needs a decent keeper ?

Rudolf's Mate
Good point ... anyone like to predict how Banksy will be treated by certain people on here, if, rightly so, he wants to walk away from Tynie, likes Edinburgh ... and is contacted by a certain Edinburgh team who needs a decent keeper ?

Was thinking the same thing myself!

No it's not that. It is just one person says one thing they heard from a player, another says something that contradicts that from another player (or maybe the same player I don't know).

The point I and others are making is that someone is not telling the truth, whether that be the players in question or the posters.

Your original point was a request to name source -- I explained why not -- hope you can understand this

Please just think though given what has happened in the past do you not think it more likely that this happened than it did not -- whilst it is right in a criminal court of law for people to be only found guilty when it is proved beyond reasonable doubt in civil law it is the probability of proof that counts -- All I can say is that my source (and I hate that term as if I had some inside track all the time) would not discuss it and indeed had it not been for the story leaking I would never have heard about it but when asked gave a simple one word answer -- Yes.

As stated if it is not true then I expect Vlad to make himself an easy ?500,000 in court -- there were over 20 people present so no problem in proving the facts.

Or an apology for the story being wrong prior to any court action -- think we'll be waiting a long time for that.

Pants Shaton

Depends whether Banksy is willing to accept minimum wage plus ?50 argos vouchers /week; as I believe that is Mr Petrie's first and last offer.

Clearly Bhahnks would have engineered the move by his blatant act of treachery in not moving to Rangers over a year ago.

Once again horrendously handled by Romanov.

I'm not going to be two faced about the fact I couldn't give a monkeys Banks has been binned (have never rated him and have wanted him replaced) but it's the way is is dealt with and the repercussions.

Just as things are looking up along comes Romanov with further controversy. Why oh why can't he let the football people (and we now have someone very capable) make the football decisons ? Csaba would have fazed Banks out in a playing sense and used him as a coach if that was what they both wanted. Now all we have is a further shambles.

Rudolf's Mate

Agreed Magic. What is that going to do for the unity inside the dressing room?!? Especially for those that have seen it all before!!!

Here's a quote from Barry Anderson, to me in an email 24/12/07, after I had emailed him about the state of things at Tynie ...

"I'm sorry to hear that Richard. I really hate hearing from Hearts fans like yourself who have become so disillusioned with their club, which is

(still) one of the great institutions of Scottish society. Sadly, I am hearing from them more and more these days."

Hardly someone out to lie to make things worse for Hearts.

I'm sure he's a very nice fella, I've certainly heard he is. But nonetheless, he does tell fibs...as all journalists do...and as he admitted himself on Talk107 a few weeks ago. It's not necessarily a personal thing, I know he's doing his job...I just have no intention of getting all upset until I hear corroborating information from someone other than him.

ToadKiller Dog

So we then have someone within the club changing room who has no problem discussing what goes on inside there with media ,what are his motives ,and know we has people saying first team players are telling them also whats going on hmmm,that in its self is not very proffesional and likely a breach of contract.

So Vlad is clearly unproffesional and we have players within the squad acting unproffesional ,poor Csaba he doesnt have a chance .

Still feel the changing room comments are made up mischief making which doesnt take away from Banks being treated badley .

I am still waiting for the heartsworld interview with banks about his new role.

Your original point was a request to name source -- I explained why not -- hope you can understand this

Please just think though given what has happened in the past do you not think it more likely that this happened than it did not -- whilst it is right in a criminal court of law for people to be only found guilty when it is proved beyond reasonable doubt in civil law it is the probability of proof that counts -- All I can say is that my source (and I hate that term as if I had some inside track all the time) would not discuss it and indeed had it not been for the story leaking I would never have heard about it but when asked gave a simple one word answer -- Yes.

As stated if it is not true then I expect Vlad to make himself an easy ?500,000 in court -- there were over 20 people present so no problem in proving the facts.

Or an apology for the story being wrong prior to any court action -- think we'll be waiting a long time for that.

Think you are getting me mixed up with someone else, I did not request you name your source.

I made a point about people on here claiming one thing as 100% fact and someone else claiming the opposite to be 100% fact. That's all.

For the record it does smell of something Vlad would say but Anderson has quoted Vlad in the article, not the player who may or may not have told him. And I am pretty sure journalists don't get to sit in the dressing room with players and staff.

Rhyming slang?

No. I think that you work in an investment bank and are frustrated because your wife's left you and you can't pay off the mortgage. It's okay, you can talk to me.

Pants Shaton
No. I think that you work in an investment bank and are frustrated because your wife's left you and you can't pay off the mortgage. It's okay, you can talk to me.

Out of your three predicitions you've only got one right.

But, I'd love to talk to you - can we meet, really? I normally lunch at the Gyle weekdays.

Out of your three predicitions you've only got one right.

But, I'd love to talk to you - can we meet, really? I normally lunch at the Gyle weekdays.

Those weren't predictions. Can we meet somewhere other than the Gyle? It still smells. :sad:

championsleaguefan

Look folks get with the program Hearts aim now is to bring on young players to sell on at profit Banks will not fit in with that plan. The 2 Goalies we have now could be sold on in a few years.With banksie as a coach Problemo.

Romanov will build a stand and pay of all Hearts debt. He is gettin top dollar talking in the Millions for the ones we sell. I see him using his Buisness head with Hearts now instead of all the bravado in rash statements he made at the start of his tenure.

Its all in the plan Think he intends to win the Champions league in 10 years not 5 as he said before.

Nelly Terraces
Those weren't predictions. Can we meet somewhere other than the Gyle? It still smells. :sad:

of corporate greed? :rolleyes:

Right on kids!

Look folks get with the program Hearts aim now is to bring on young players to sell on at profit Banks will not fit in with that plan. The 2 Goalies we have now could be sold on in a few years.With banksie as a coach Problemo.

Romanov will build a stand and pay of all Hearts debt. He is gettin top dollar talking in the Millions for the ones we sell. I see him using his Buisness head with Hearts now instead of all the bravado in rash statements he made at the start of his tenure.

Its all in the plan Think he intends to win the Champions league in 10 years not 5 as he said before.

:eek:

I'm not sure if even Gambo or NMH would come out with that.

Are you taking sarcasm and irony to new levels or are you being serious?

Chad Sexington

Yes Vlad is an embarrassing oaf at times but I'm struggling to get as worked up as some at this story.

We do need a new keeper, Banks has never filled me with confidence, and perhaps his coaching abilities leave a bit to be desired?

Csaba seems happy with the decision to punt him to coaching the youths, it's just the usual Vlad madness that turns this into a story.

If he kept his trap shut things would be so much easier at Hearts. :rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo

If he just stayed away, things would be so much easier IMO.

Seems to me that whenever things seem to be looking up for us (e.g. Csaba getting some spirit and organisation in the squad and a good start to the season) , Vlad comes over for a visit, causes a bit of a barny, then dissapears for a few months leaving others to pick up the pieces.

monkfish1979
Yes Vlad is an embarrassing oaf at times but I'm struggling to get as worked up as some at this story.

We do need a new keeper, Banks has never filled me with confidence, and perhaps his coaching abilities leave a bit to be desired?

Csaba seems happy with the decision to punt him to coaching the youths, it's just the usual Vlad madness that turns this into a story.

Word. I really don't see the fuss. Most on here would agree that the majority of us targetted the GK position as one that we needed to replace at the start of the season. Now that it actually seems to be happening, the same people are raging! Jamie Mac seemed to handle himself fine on Saturday and I doubt that Csaba's done with the signings.

Im no 100% sure Csaba wanted Banks to be coaching this whole thing smells a bit iffy. McDonald,Kello,Banks i know who my first choice would be & its nane o the first two.

Word. I really don't see the fuss. Most on here would agree that the majority of us targetted the GK position as one that we needed to replace at the start of the season. Now that it actually seems to be happening, the same people are raging! Jamie Mac seemed to handle himself fine on Saturday and I doubt that Csaba's done with the signings.

It's the way things are handled, the bad taste that is left, the way former heroes, or even good solid pros are treated - one day they're important in the scheme of things, next day, cast aside - all contributing to the poor image of the club, which can affect future signings.

That's kind of what I am saying

If he is going to interfere (which he is of course) he should interfere more subtley.

He appears to have found a manager that could just about pull off successfully being a puppet of sorts - maybe more a programmed robot - but having enough quasi-authority to convince the players and most of the fans that he is actually doing things his own way.

Don't understand why Romanov can't just let someone else come in without taking a dig at the one stepping aside. His "Good guy, Good guy, ****" philosophy ****es me off. So everyone that is replaced at Tynie by a new signing can not be trusted and is in the same vain as Pressley and Webster?

Absolute ******.

Painting himself in glory once again. Good luck dealing with the latest rantings Csaba.

Not read the whole thread.

Im not someone who get any scoops, and I don't care if you say I'm wrong/right going over old stuff. I myself don't know the answers to those.

I do know that a member of the staff at Tynecastle said that Banks was unhappy with his new and was forced to take it and that he may be leaving the club soon.

He was told not to play against Rangers because of his link to going there last year and due to this Vlad didn't trust him not to throw the game.

Take it or leave it.

monkfish1979
It's the way things are handled, the bad taste that is left, the way former heroes, or even good solid pros are treated - one day they're important in the scheme of things, next day, cast aside - all contributing to the poor image of the club, which can affect future signings.

It's all in how it's percieved. One could argue that the majority of scottish players that move to the old firm are treated like droppings and spend most of their contract sitting on the bench or in the stands. It's not reported as such, so we don't look at it that way.

Csaba's stated that he wants to build a young, competetive team. This latest issue with Banks may well be Vlad's doing, but that doesn't mean that it's against the managers wishes. It's easy to detest Vlad, but people need to remember that when they adopt such views, things suddenly become very black and white. Very few situations are. IMO.

Dont disagree with you in terms of the GK position.....but and there is always a but. Did anyone see this coming?

If they did can they do my coupon on Saturday please. I agree that Banks although decent was not considered by many top class. Personally I thought he was good enough but lacked a bit stature although so did Niemi but thats where the bit extra comes in.

I know Csaba had stated on the official site that SB needed to make a decision which did indicate they needed him to say he was either competing for the jersey or was concentrating on coaching. To now be deposed as no1 and demoted to training youth goalies while the mad one suggests he cannot be trusted. Bizarre to say the least and only Vlad could contrive to do this.

My greatest worry is Csaba is not the single minded manager we want although it is confusing. If Banksy has been a bad boy and not towing the party line then lets come out with the whole truth other than that the theories and allegations will continue. Only at Hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chad Sexington

I agree with that.

Vlad has an innate knack of turning routine football decisions, that happen at every club, every day, all over the world, into horrible psycho-dramas.

He should keep his mouth shut and his wallet open.

;)

1. Barry tells fibs, we know this. I want to hear from someone other than him about this story...and if it isn't true, I fully expect the club to deny it on the website as per previous fibs from said journalist. If it's true, hell mend Vladimir, but mean time I'm not letting Banderson get me all whipped up into a frenzy again, and quite possibly over nothing.

2. Banksy is a legend and I doubt he'd ever have acted with anything other than complete professionalism. I'd agree with the suggestion that he seems to be very well liked amongst the players.

3. Wonder who Barry's 'source' is meant to be?

Redm,

I am glad that you have now recognised that when I texted "Romanov in EEN saying he doesn't trust Banks" that I meant Steven Banks and not the Halifax and the TSB. ;)

To clarify before I start, IMO Banks was an able deputy, a goalkeeper WAS required, I have no real issue with him being replaced. As in the emboldened section, I just want to hear from someone to substantiate/debunk this. I have asked on three occasions this weekend if ANYBODY knew what Banks' opinion was at being dropped/demoted/re-deployed and did not see a reply to that. Banks' opinion and Laszlo's opinion are hugely important to this now.

IF it is true, and Romanov has decided to stick his oar in to team affairs and largely retire a player, then that is unacceptable. If this is the case, I would expect Laszlo to say so.

Much like John states, this reeks of VR's style, we may not have substance, but it stinks of his dirty tactics.

Im not someone who get any scoops, and I don't care if you say I'm wrong/right going over old stuff. I myself don't know the answers to those.

I do know that a member of the staff at Tynecastle said that Banks was unhappy with his new and was forced to take it and that he may be leaving the club soon.

He was told not to play against Rangers because of his link to going there last year and due to this Vlad didn't trust him not to throw the game.

Take it or leave it.

I wouldn't put it past Vlad to think that. Yeah I agree with some of the things he has said about the S.F.A but if it is true then his paranoia his getting a bit out of hand.

Redm,

I am glad that you have now recognised that when I texted "Romanov in EEN saying he doesn't trust Banks" that I meant Steven Banks and not the Halifax and the TSB. ;)

To clarify before I start, IMO Banks was an able deputy, a goalkeeper WAS required, I have no real issue with him being replaced. As in the emboldened section, I just want to hear from someone to substantiate/debunk this. I have asked on three occasions this weekend if ANYBODY knew what Banks' opinion was at being dropped/demoted/re-deployed and did not see a reply to that. Banks' opinion and Laszlo's opinion are hugely important to this now.

IF it is true, and Romanov has decided to stick his oar in to team affairs and largely retire a player, then that is unacceptable. If this is the case, I would expect Laszlo to say so.

Much like John states, this reeks of VR's style, we may not have substance, but it stinks of his dirty tactics.

Undoubtedly Alan. Happened too many times to not have the hand of Vlad all over it.

Shame, Banks came across as a decent guy as well as a not bad goalie.

Take it or leave it.

How does that fit with Kurskis' efforts last season then ?

Thunderstruck
If he just stayed away, things would be so much easier IMO.

In my view, the general mood of JKB is:

Vlad stays away = a problem

Vlad attends games = a problem

Vlad doesn't speak to manager = problem

Vlad spends a lengthy period of time speaking to manager ( on touchline at Ibrox) = problem

Vlad buys new players = problem

Vlad disposes of unwanted players = problem

Vlad slags OF/GFA = problem

Vlad doesn't speak out against OF/GFA = problem

In other words, it doesn't matter one iota what Vlad does or doesn't do as one faction or another on JKB will see his actions as a problem.

Vlad spends a lengthy period of time speaking to manager ( on touchline at Ibrox) = problem

In other words, it doesn't matter one iota what Vlad does or doesn't do as one faction or another on JKB will see his actions as a problem.

The real problem that exists here is when fans of the club seem to get annoyed at fellow fans daring to have an opinion that differs from theirs.

Guest JamboRobbo

Probably a fair point.

IMO, majority of the biggies happen when he turns up for a weekend though.

e.g. Burley sacked. Pressleygate.

For me, it's pretty simple.

Vlad sticks his nose into the managers business = Problem.

Vlad lets the manager do his job = No Problem.

Archived