Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

hmfc_liam06
15 hours ago, karipidis said:

No chance this is selling out 

There never has been.

When was the last time we got near 50% for an Old Firm semi final?

Hearts have gone all out to secure us 50% and a proportion of Hearts fans have shat it.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Got to imagine that around 80-90% of ST holders have bought already, therefore we really need the 7k on the waiting list to step up here.

I was quite hopeful we'd sell out after the first day sales, but looks like the brakes have slammed on a bit.

A lot of the 7k on the waiting list will likely have got theirs too, either through having 20 LPs or mates with STs.  

Daveandal
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

There never has been.

Hearts have gone all out to secure us 50% and a proportion of Hearts fans have shat it.

They went on sale Wednesday at 11am.... it's not even 3pm on Friday.

If they don't sell. And I think they will, we'll be a baw hair away. We're still at the season ticket/20 LP stage of sales.

There have been umpteen people on this thread alone saying they haven't got theirs yet for various reasons. I delayed as I wanted an upper section but eventually jumped too early, others will have held their never.

And if the worst case scenario happens I'm sure Big Hearts can work with the local community etc. And get them to worthy people.

I'm loving the fact the club went into bat for us.

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

There never has been.

We’ve never needed it, the demand has never been there so not sure why folk are acting surprised.  The ticket sale strategy has given us a chance of selling more than normal but we were never selling out unless we go down to 0 or 1 or 2 LPs which will allow Huns  to buy tickets in our end.  Not sure there would be as many as a few thousand looking for a kicking / getting ejected early though, most probably just wouldn’t bother. 

GBJambo
9 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

There never has been.

If it doesn’t sell out it would be massively disappointing. Hearts have backed the fans here , the one’s dithering need to back the team. 

hmfc_liam06
Just now, Daveandal said:

If they don't sell. And I think they will, we'll be a baw hair away. We're still at the season ticket/20 LP stage of sales.

There have been umpteen people on this thread alone saying they haven't got theirs yet for various reasons. I delayed as I wanted an upper section but eventually jumped too early, others will have held their never.

And if the worst case scenario happens I'm sure Big Hearts can work with the local community etc. And get them to worthy people.

We’ve not been close to 21,000 for an OF semi in my lifetime. We’ll be 4,000 or so short. 

This was our chance to stake a proper claim for 50/50 splits going forward. We’ll be told to bolt in future.

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We’ve never needed it, the demand has never been there so not sure why folk are acting surprised.  The ticket sale strategy has given us a chance of selling more than normal but we were never selling out unless we go down to 0 or 1 or 2 LPs which will allow Huns  to buy tickets in our end.  Not sure there would be as many as a few thousand looking for a kicking / getting ejected early though, most probably just wouldn’t bother. 

Correct. I said either early in this thread or on another, we’re correct to ask for 50% but we won’t sell it.

History suggests that’s the correct assumption.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

We’ve not been close to 21,000 for an OF semi in my lifetime. We’ll be 4,000 or so short. 

This was our chance to stake a proper claim for 50/50 splits going forward. We’ll be told to bolt in future.

That’s a bit contradictory isn’t it?  Saying it’s a chance to stake a claim for 50/50 but on the other hand saying there is no demand for it.🤷‍♂️

The only semi v the uglies I can recall with over 21,000 of us was the semi v Celtic in 88 (apologies for reminding people of that ending!).  We had more expectation of beating them back than I suppose plus we were the 2nd best team in the league that season. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Correct. I said either early in this thread or on another, we’re correct to ask for 50% but we won’t sell it.

History suggests that’s the correct assumption.

I’m confused with the point of asking for 50% knowing we won’t sell them?  Did you mean just hand back the unsold like we used to?  I like what the club has done this time, just hope it doesn’t cost them too much money but still a bonus having less Huns there but still an almost full stadium. 

karipidis

In fairness when was the last Scottish cup semi final against OF? 2012? It is difficult to gauge and feel the club have done the right thing. But the ticket sales have been quite disappointing. 

maroonsgotop
4 hours ago, fatjambo said:

Tickets arrived this morning,well done ticket office.

same, although I've ended up with 2 sets after my first transaction online said I'd timed out and the tixs released so I had to go back in and choose another set. Been charged for both. A bit bizarre

been here before
2 minutes ago, karipidis said:

In fairness when was the last Scottish cup semi final against OF? 2012? It is difficult to gauge and feel the club have done the right thing. But the ticket sales have been quite disappointing. 

What did you expect after only 48 hours and only open to 20+ LPs?

And how many have we sold?

Thought Police

Sadly I think there’d be more uptake against either other semi finalist. There is little confidence we can do anything against this Rangers team, particularly at Hampden.

Luckies1874
4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The only semi v the uglies I can recall with over 21,000 of us was the semi v Celtic in 88 (apologies for reminding people of that ending!).  We had more expectation of beating them back than I suppose plus we were the 2nd best team in the league that season. 

Yep. We hadn't won anything in over 30 years at that point and hadn't been routinely humped in Hampden games by either of them. Plus we had some almighty matches v Celtic around that time and had a significantly better side than we do now. 

I always thought 17-18k was the high mark for this but retain hope that Hearts are going to come up with some creative ways to sell more, market them aggressively, give some kind of perk to those who have bought and to entice those stalling. They have to surely have considered what they do when they get to the 16-17-18k mark and realise they are going to be in the hole for 100-150 grand!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

Hoping this is not painful.

& yes glad they did even though I dont think we will quite sell out, it will be close enough to have got probably another 1000 folk in and they dont own 3 touchlines

Hectormasson
10 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That’s a bit contradictory isn’t it?  Saying it’s a chance to stake a claim for 50/50 but on the other hand saying there is no demand for it.🤷‍♂️

more like 25k v tims in 88

fatjambo
7 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

same, although I've ended up with 2 sets after my first transaction online said I'd timed out and the tixs released so I had to go back in and choose another set. Been charged for both. A bit bizarre

Done the same with mine,timed out,tickets released but money taken.

Emailed ticket office and got a reply straight away confirming tickets.

Corstorphine Jambo

I never paid too much attention when I got my tickets (G5) on Wednesday - were D1 and D2 on sale at the outset? Prime seats (relatively speaking for Hampden) so they may just have sold quickly. If they weren't then perhaps we are retaining scope to hand them them back?

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

more like 25k v tims in 88

If my fading memory serves me correctly I think there was around 70k at that game?  Of course it was the old Hampden with just one stand and terracing at 3 sides back then (so an even bigger shitehole but a shitehole more conducive to a better atmosphere).  I thought it was maybe closer to 30,000 Jambos but it was such a long time ago. 

been here before
3 minutes ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

I never paid too much attention when I got my tickets (G5) on Wednesday - were D1 and D2 on sale at the outset? Prime seats (relatively speaking for Hampden) so they may just have sold quickly. If they weren't then perhaps we are retaining scope to hand them them back?

Aye they were.

The kool kids got in nice and early.

Corstorphine Jambo
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Aye they were.

The kool kids got in nice and early.

Cheers - although I was thinking it might be the old fellas who need to be nearer the pitch. In G5, I'll no doubt be shouting at the wrong person given how far away I will be from the pitch!

Hectormasson
8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If my fading memory serves me correctly I think there was around 70k at that game?  Of course it was the old Hampden with just one stand and terracing at 3 sides back then (so an even bigger shitehole but a shitehole more conducive to a better atmosphere).  I thought it was maybe closer to 30,000 Jambos but it was such a long time ago. 

ur right m8👍👍

2 hours ago, been here before said:

"Thousands of empty seats" that could be populated by the thousands of folk who can can only manage 3 games over 2 years.

The team generally manages without the backing of these "thousands" every game they play.

#stop@5

:rofl:

We don't play a Scottish cup semi every week. Walking out to a full Hearts end would make a difference to the players, as would walking out and seeing thousands of empty seats.

SwindonJambo
8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I was there too. Crowd was 66,000 and I believe the Hearts element was around 27,000. Hampden truly was a hovel in those days, with only the West End and stand under cover. 

been here before
3 minutes ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

Cheers - although I was thinking it might be the old fellas who need to be nearer the pitch. In G5, I'll no doubt be shouting at the wrong person given how far away I will be from the pitch!

The old folk like the South Stand where they can sit.

Hectormasson
Just now, SwindonJambo said:

I was there too. Crowd was 66,000 and I believe the Hearts element was around 27,000. Hampden truly was a hovel in those days, with only the West End and stand under cover. 

it was a **** of an ending, and a proper wee battle to get to kings park train station😬

Ricardo Quaresma
41 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

Well said; I am thinking if any knuckle draggers eventually get some, via 0-5 LPs, there won't be many and they'll be scattered around instead of being in a cluster, so should be keeping quiet

If there's a lot of Tickets left, then the idea of giving to future Hearts Fan Schoolchildren is brilliant 👍

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

been here before
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

We don't play a Scottish cup semi every week. Walking out to a full Hearts end would make a difference to the players, as would walking out and seeing thousands of empty seats.

You're still not explaining where these "thousands" who cant be arsed going to Tynecastle a couple of times over 2 years are going to materialise from.

Cant be arsed going to Tynecastle but "thousands" of you will be heading along the M8 to fill Hampden.

Ricardo Quaresma

^^^^ Also agree with the shout that SF Ticket Holders get first dibs for Final 👍

Mikey1874
5 hours ago, Pingu said:

Yep, Aberdeen have opened their's up to anyone with a buying history, and allow four tickets per purchase. That's a recipe for fans in the wrong end, but a 5 point threshold with 2-3 tickets per person seems like a sensible middle ground.

Aberdeen dot counters say they have sold 15 000 tickets. 

hmfc_liam06
38 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’m confused with the point of asking for 50% knowing we won’t sell them?  Did you mean just hand back the unsold like we used to?  I like what the club has done this time, just hope it doesn’t cost them too much money but still a bonus having less Huns there but still an almost full stadium. 

The club were obviously confident of selling 50% so it’s obviously the correct thing to do.

Clearly what I think and the club think are two very separate things.

hmfc_liam06
44 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It’s not really.

It very much is a chance to stake a claim, and clearly the club believed that. But time will tell if the support (or the non-attenders let’s say) lets the club down.

11 minutes ago, been here before said:

You're still not explaining where these "thousands" who cant be arsed going to Tynecastle a couple of times over 2 years are going to materialise from.

Cant be arsed going to Tynecastle but "thousands" of you will be heading along the M8 to fill Hampden.

Fair weather fans, they appear at every big game. And yes, despite being a former ST holder, I'd include myself in that bracket these days. This idea that hundreds of Rangers fans are going to buy tickets for our end if we put it to a couple of loyalty points is fanciful. They won't. 

Edited by Sir PH

Fozzyonthefence
20 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

True, was certainly better getting the “Rangers” end behind the goal in those days.  Not just for keeping dry but the atmosphere was more contained too under the cover compared to the open end. 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Fair weather fans, they appear at every big game. And yes, despite being a former ST holder, I'd include myself in that bracket these days. This idea that hundreds of Rangers fans are going to buy tickets for our end if we put it to a couple of loyalty points is fanciful. They won't. 

I don’t share your confidence in that.  They manage to get tickets for the home end at Tynie when it’s 15 LPs and there’s only a few thousand available.  Not sure how many would want to risk it though.  

karipidis
48 minutes ago, been here before said:

What did you expect after only 48 hours and only open to 20+ LPs?

And how many have we sold?

I think we’ve probably sold 14-15k. Can’t see more than 2-3k more sold. Hope im wrong.

been here before
13 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

"Thousands" of these fair weather fans are going to shell out £30/£40 each to watch us play Rangers at Hampden a few weeks after they horsed us 5-0, "thousands" of them...

...and they're in danger of missing out :lol:

Edited by been here before

karipidis
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I don’t share your confidence in that.  They manage to get tickets for the home end at Tynie when it’s 15 LPs and there’s only a few thousand available.  Not sure how many would want to risk it though.  

The issue is as well that they could buy them all in the one section together. 

bean counter
15 hours ago, davemclaren said:

They can only set segregation at particular places. 

Yes but the Beattie semi against Celtic there were Celtic fans in the west stand as we only took about 15,000 

GlasgoJambo
5 hours ago, Dazo said:

Someone posted yesterday that you can’t. Not available till Tuesday/Wednesday .  

Pleasantly surprised to get my tickets in the post this morning. Royal Mail obv aware I’m PHM.

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

"Thousands" of these fair weather fans are going to shell out £30/£40 each to watch us play Rangers at Hampden, "thousands" of them...

...and they're in danger of missing out :lol:

Yes. I reckon a couple of thousand would easily snap these tickets up if it went to under 5 LP's.

6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We're talking a handful of them manage to do this. And it's probably Hearts fans handing their tickets over in some cases.

been here before
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

Yes. I reckon a couple of thousand would easily snap these tickets up if it went to under 5 LP's.

Well looks like you and you "thousands" of like minded fair weather punters are just going to have to wait and see what the club do.

Watching you squealing away about what Hearts should do when you cant be arsed going to any normal games in 2 years funny as though.  

Just now, been here before said:

Well looks like you and you "thousands" of like minded fair weather punters are just going to have to wait and see what the club do.

Watching you squealing away about what Hearts should do when you cant be arsed going to any normal games in 2 years funny as though.  

I assume you are incapable of reading posts, which is unfortunate. It's been explained to you why me and many others can't get to games. And I'm fully aware that I'll need to wait and see what Hearts decide to do. 

chester copperpot

I will hold my hands up here, I'm getting 2 tickets for me and the laddie once the threshold drops.

I've been a total shite fan since the covid fiasco and I became disillusioned with the whole of Scottish football but I kinda regained the urge after Airdrie away. 

been here before
Just now, Sir PH said:

I assume you are incapable of reading posts, which is unfortunate. It's been explained to you why me and many others can't get to games. And I'm fully aware that I'll need to wait and see what Hearts decide to do. 

Its not "others" greeting and sqealing though, its you.

You battered off a myriad of reasons why people couldnt go. You havent explained why you dont go to games and in all honestly I couldnt care less.

Its your fair weather attitude about how tickets should be sold to suit you thats funny as ****.

Just now, been here before said:

Its not "others" greeting and sqealing though, its you.

You battered off a myriad of reasons why people couldnt go. You havent explained why you dont go to games and in all honestly I couldnt care less.

Its your fair weather attitude about how tickets should be sold to suit you thats funny as ****.

Nobody is greetin and squeeling, apart from you. And guess what, there are Hearts fans outside of forum that are in the same position as me. The rest of your post is just your usual nonsense. It's really no surprise so many on here have you on ignore. What an honour that must be.

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, karipidis said:

The issue is as well that they could buy them all in the one section together. 

Yeah good point.  And if only 2 LPs required they could just purchase an away ticket for us in April and not even turn up.   There’s not a chance the club will do this when they’re setting it at 15 points for home league games.  Somewhere in the middle would be sensible imo. 

GinRummy

@Sir PH wouldn’t surprise me if the loyalty pints dropped below 5. It’s only a few weeks away so if they drop to 5 and still haven’t sold out they’ll need to do something. 

been here before
2 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Nobody is greetin and squeeling, apart from you. And guess what, there are Hearts fans outside of forum that are in the same position as me. The rest of your post is just your usual nonsense. It's really no surprise so many on here have you on ignore. What an honour that must be.

What?

Anonymous strangers on the internet, faceless grown men on a messageboard have me "on ignore"? Awwww naw... :rofl:

Mind we spoke not that long ago about you taking this place far to seriously? :lol: