Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

RustyRightPeg

Seems us and Aberdeen have another battle on our hands to justify why we should get a fair split on the tickets...

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

ToadKiller Dog

Thing is if Hearts/sheep said 50/50 or we take none  , the sfa would likely sell them all to the uglies .

The Treasurer

As I've said on another thread, the problem is that the north stand has the best seats, but the way we are forced to sell the tickets means that area is the last section we would be allowed to sell 

Luckies1874
2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

As I've said on another thread, the problem is that the north stand has the best seats, but the way we are forced to sell the tickets means that area is the last section we would be allowed to sell 

The best seats at Hampden are in the South Stand and it ain't close! 

The Treasurer
Just now, Luckies1874 said:

The best seats at Hampden are in the South Stand and it ain't close! 

Been in both areas and have to disagree 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Since we nor the Sheep ever sell 50% its entirely understandable and equally regrettable, that we wont get 50%, simply because we dont need it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Surprised you think that, South is the only stand in there that has been done properly

This is My Story Podcast

Think the league cup semi we were given 18k up front and a timeline to sell them. Would imagine it’ll be similar. 

GinRummy
14 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Starting point should be 50/50 split 

This is absolutely correct. If a club requests half the tickets (minus hospitality and sponsors etc) then they should get half and given a reasonable amount of time to sell them. Why? Because it’s a sports contest which needs to be fair. 

Daveandal
1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Since we nor the Sheep ever sell 50% its entirely understandable and equally regrettable, that we wont get 50%, simply because we dont need it.

Not the point IMO. 

It's meant to be a neutral venue. Put a deadline on sales. IF we can't sell them of course hand them to the other team. 

But it has to start as a 50/50 split.

GinRummy
2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

If we ask for half we should get half. If we then have to hand some back then fine. 

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Surprised you think that, South is the only stand in there that has been done properly

Yeah, it's far superior with a much better view of the pitch. Actual decent seats, good toilets, much better catering, easy to get in and out of etc. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

Not the point IMO. 

It's meant to be a neutral venue. Put a deadline on sales. IF we can't sell them of course hand them to the other team. 

But it has to start as a 50/50 split.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If we ask for half we should get half. If we then have to hand some back then fine. 

This ultimately always ends in an embarrassment for us and the sheep. Time to accept for a semi final we can sell about 18k the Sheep about 3k less and move on. FFS folk didnt turn up for a home game against Celtic because they couldn't face defeat again, despite having beat them (now twice) the last time. The final is entirely different, where people make every effort to attend, and from distance. They dont for semis

2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Yeah, it's far superior with a much better view of the pitch. Actual decent seats, good toilets, much better catering, easy to get in and out of etc. 

South is as good a stand as you will find anywhere, only place I buy for in there now

The Treasurer
11 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Tbf the whole place is an absolute shithole and should be bulldozed 

GinRummy
9 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

This ultimately always ends in an embarrassment for us and the sheep. Time to accept for a semi final we can sell about 18k the Sheep about 3k less and move on. FFS folk didnt turn up for a home game against Celtic because they couldn't face defeat again, despite having beat them (now twice) the last time. The final is entirely different, where people make every effort to attend, and from distance. They dont for semis

I’ve never been embarrassed by Hearts not selling tickets. It’s the clubs decision. If they want half they should get half. That’s all I’m saying. No idea if Hearts will even ask for half but it shouldn’t be the SFA’s decision on initial ticket allocations. There’s plenty time to hand tickets back and the Huns will snap them up if that’s how it ends up. 

It should 100 percent not be the SFA’s decision because favouring the bigger side with more tickets is unsportsmanlike. A 60/40 starting point isn’t fair if the club getting 40 percent asked for 50. Whether they then fail to sell 50 percent and have to hand some back is irrelevant. 

Edited by GinRummy

Bazzas right boot

Every year, same debate. 

The starting point should be 50/50, if Hearts don't want that then fine, if we don't sell them, then Rangers get what's left.

It's not a debate,  any other opinions are just wrong. 

John Findlay
22 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

That's not the point.

It's a national cup final at an alleged neutral venue. 50/50 split should most definitely be the starting point.

Sport is supposed to be fair to all those participating.

The thing is we probably won't sell 50%, we didn't against hibs in semi final a few years back

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

That's not the point.

It's a national cup final at an alleged neutral venue. 50/50 split should most definitely be the starting point.

Sport is supposed to be fair to all those participating.

It is fair, its played at a neutral venue where we always get as many tickets as we can sell, always. If its the final its an even split, I dont think there is a team ever that has not been given what they can actually sell, I dont see how thats not fair.

We can hate Celtic and Rangers as much as we want, but I'm not going to the point where its ridiculous. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Every year, same debate. 

The starting point should be 50/50, if Hearts don't want that then fine, if we don't sell them, then Rangers get what's left.

It's not a debate,  any other opinions are just wrong. 

As if anyone cares what you think :lol:

Luckies1874

Care more about us 'fighting' on the pitch than I do about our allocation for this semi-final to be honest. No Hearts fan who really wants a ticket will be without one for this match and I suspect, especially if it's the Sunday, we will likely take 15-16,000. If we'd drawn Aberdeen we'd have sold 25,000 no bother but the reality is a % of the support will assume defeat, given so many non performances against them, and not bother. 

Edited by Luckies1874

davemclaren
50 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I agree. Much prefer the Notth stand. I'll miss this match as I'm away but saving up for the final. 😎🇱🇻

Bindy Badgy
32 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Tbf the whole place is an absolute shithole and should be bulldozed 

:spoton:

Bindy Badgy
5 minutes ago, kila said:

How many did we sell in the 2022 semi against Hibs?

Pretty sure it was over 20,000. It was a match we expected to win against our neighbours so shifting tickets wasn't hard.

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

As if anyone cares what you think :lol:

Loads of folk care what I think.

Many even bang in about my thoughts from 8 years ago to his date.

They care that much.

Mr Sifter

It’s a National semi final, at a “neutral” venue, in a “neutral” city. Could be Rangers v the ****ing Boys Brigade, matters not a jot. The starting point should be a 50/50 split. Always. 

John Findlay
33 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

It is fair, its played at a neutral venue where we always get as many tickets as we can sell, always. If its the final its an even split, I dont think there is a team ever that has not been given what they can actually sell, I dont see how thats not fair.

We can hate Celtic and Rangers as much as we want, but I'm not going to the point where its ridiculous. 

No it's not fair. When it's Hearts against the likes of Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibs, and Sevco, then the starting point should always be a 50/50 split.

1 hour ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Think the league cup semi we were given 18k up front and a timeline to sell them. Would imagine it’ll be similar. 

I recall they said 18k but only released 12,000 with the promise to give more if we met demand. 

it’s more fairer to start at the maximum and work down the way. I.e give us 50/50 and let us market and sell them well. 

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

It’s a neutral venue. It absolutely has to be 50/50 to start. If we don’t sell them fair enough, open to them.

Philfigo
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It’s a neutral venue. It absolutely has to be 50/50 to start. If we don’t sell them fair enough, open to them.

100% correct way! Just hope we make a better job than we did selling the league cup semi tickets. If I can remember it was a bit of a shit show with high LPs  that never really came down enough to allow every Hearts fan to buy one. Along with allowing season ticket holders to purchase a 2nd ticket I a different phase which was no good as our original ticket purchased was not any where near the 2nd. Best way in my opinion would be allow STs to buy 2 per season ticket as not all ST holders will be going or interested in taking 2 tickets so there would be plenty. 

The Treasurer
59 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I agree. Much prefer the Notth stand. I'll miss this match as I'm away but saving up for the final. 😎🇱🇻

I like your positive thinking 👍

Joint statement decrying the ridiculousness of not having a 50/50 split at a neutral venue alongside designated sides for specific teams that never changes would be a good starting point. 

richardhateshibs

It's just another example of how badly Scottish Football is governed, where its very possible the third largest fanbase in the country are not given an equal split of tickets for the national Cup semi final. 

Can you imagine if Arsenal were offered 40% of Wembley because they were playing Liverpool or Man Utd. 

Edited by richardhateshibs

periodictabledancer
5 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Been in both areas and have to disagree 

There is NO way seats in the south stand is best. And I've sat in both, numerous times too. 

Thunder and Lightning

Has it been confirmed it's not 50/50?

Or are people pishing their pants before anything has even been announced... 

Pans Jambo

Hearts will feck it up by asking for 900 loyalty points for 1 ticket. 

Dont feck it up Hearts. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Dont feck it up Hearts. 

That would still lead to people coming on here saying that they had 899 and are desperate to get a ticket 

been here before

Can I just say that "everyone who wants a ticket will get a ticket".

Pans Jambo
Just now, been here before said:

Can I just say that "everyone who wants a ticket will get a ticket".

:laugh2:

heartsfc_fan
5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Dont feck it up Hearts. 

😂

Actually I laugh because it's true.

been here before
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

That would still lead to people coming on here saying that they had 899 and are desperate to get a ticket 

Went to a game in Motherwell that was pay at the gate. If I take my stub to the TO will they give me a point?

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Went to a game in Motherwell that was pay at the gate. If I take my stub to the TO will they give me a point?

If you take along your copy of back from the brink that should get you a ticket. 

been here before
6 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

If you take along your copy of back from the brink that should get you a ticket. 

I do still have that although its transferred onto DVD. Will that work?

gnasher75
6 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I like the North Stand as well.  My biggest issue with the way the tickets got sold for the League Cup semi was that Rangers got the whole of the North Stand as well as half the South Stand.  The fans in these stands are much closer to the pitch than in the East and West stands.  Not only does that mean a worse view of the game, it also means that for the players, it feels like three quarters of the crowd are supporting Rangers.  For me the main reason for a 50/50 split is so that it is a properly neutral venue. 

It's an unpopular view but I never understand why it essential for the match to be sold out anyway.  Just because Rangers could sell our remaining tickets doesn't mean they should be given them.  If it was St Johnstone v Livi the stadium would be half empty anyway.  So let both clubs get half the tickets each and sell as many as they can.  Abolish the rule where ticket sales are split between the four clubs (assuming that's still done) and let each club keep their own ticket revenue once the SFA take their cut.  Let the clubs decide their own pricing.  Hearts might offer family deals or whatever to get more tickets sold so we sell out our allocation.

Edited by gnasher75

Spellczech

Default on a cup game should always be 50:50 and then unsold sections get returned and can go to the other team. The small Celtic support at Tynecastle helped us earlier in the month without doubt. Hampden is already a geographic advantage for the OF so why fix it from the start...

Edited by Spellczech

been here before

Hopefully whatever 'decent/least shite' seats we get this tine tound have some option if a bairns concession.

Was a **** shocker thst the League Cup semi tickets missed this.

Corstorphine Jambo

My personal opinion is we should be given the opportunity to sell up to, give or take for segregation, 50%. But I think it’s reasonable that we sell sections at a time within a set timeframe. In reality, I don’t believe we will come close to selling the 50% no matter what day or time the game is played. 

Looking back at the Gretna game, which is the only one I can think kind of compares, didn’t we get more sections as the date got nearer?
I appreciate that won’t be universally popular - I’m just saying it as I see it.

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3