Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

GBJambo
12 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Not sure who would be buying now, very little change on the map since Friday. Shifting another 2k let alone 6k would be an achievement 

Reckon we are on around 14k if we sell only another 2k that would be really poor and a lot less than the league cup semi. 
Plus would mean no more 50/50 splits 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Luckies1874
4 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Reckon we are on around 14k if we sell only another 2k that would be really poor and a lot less than the league cup semi. 

We had 16k for the League Cup. Still expect us to get 18k ish for this especially when the club drop the LP's, start the guilt trip messages and/or give a fair few away! 

Fozzyonthefence
53 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

We don’t need 50/50 splits for semis v the OF so what’s the problem with that?

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We don’t need 50/50 splits for semis v the OF so what’s the problem with that?

The issue is that we will be treated in  the same way Aberdeen have been in recent times. A semi final or final against either of the old firm will see us receiving an allocation of much less than 50:50.  When this does happen I can guarantee there will be screams of injustice on this site and complaints that the club are doing nothing to stop the injustice. When this does happen, and it undoubtedly will,those that elect not to buy a ticket this time, can reflect on their decision not to step up and back the clubs stance when they had the chance.

The Treasurer
34 minutes ago, Tiro said:

The issue is that we will be treated in  the same way Aberdeen have been in recent times. A semi final or final against either of the old firm will see us receiving an allocation of much less than 50:50.  When this does happen I can guarantee there will be screams of injustice on this site and complaints that the club are doing nothing to stop the injustice. When this does happen, and it undoubtedly will,those that elect not to buy a ticket this time, can reflect on their decision not to step up and back the clubs stance when they had the chance.

Well said. 

The club are putting their money where our mouths are. 

Paris 84

Maybe we should just relax a bit. The difference between us and the rest of Scottish football (at this point) is that we can underwrite the cost of taking a 50/50 allocation (not always the case). There’s no way the SFA or the SPFL can NOT allow us to take up a 50/50 allocation under those circumstances. As long as we can guarantee to underwrite the tickets they really have no option but to agree to it. 

27 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Well said. 

The club are putting their money where our mouths are. 

As you say the club have stepped up and I cannot understand why so many fans are reluctant to buy tickets. If it is the fear of disappointment, then on that basis I would never buy a  Hearts season ticket and instead would head to Glasgow to watch one of the uglies. I don't do this though because Hearts are my club and while I have had my share of disappointment over 50+ years, when it does come good it' makes it that much more enjoyable.

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Tiro said:

As you say the club have stepped up and I cannot understand why so many fans are reluctant to buy tickets. If it is the fear of disappointment, then on that basis I would never buy a  Hearts season ticket and instead would head to Glasgow to watch one of the uglies. I don't do this though because Hearts are my club and while I have had my share of disappointment over 50+ years, when it does come good it' makes it that much more enjoyable.

Exactly. 

We don't follow Hearts because we are glory hunters. 

We follow them because we are Hearts fans. 

Good times don't come round every day or every year but when they do, they are that much more special. 

13 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

Maybe we should just relax a bit. The difference between us and the rest of Scottish football (at this point) is that we can underwrite the cost of taking a 50/50 allocation (not always the case). There’s no way the SFA or the SPFL can NOT allow us to take up a 50/50 allocation under those circumstances. As long as we can guarantee to underwrite the tickets they really have no option but to agree to it. 

The club have made this gesture once and will not repeat it if they get their fingers burnt this time. Aberdeen support failed to deliver over the years and you see how they have been treated in terms of allocation in recent times

22games nro
11 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Time to let anyone with a previous buying history buy two tickets.

And everyone with 20+ points buy another four ie six in total!

That’s were I am at, just waiting for next phase , due to our location we don’t get to the games as often as we used to think the rest will shift reasonably well when next phase is open. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Tiro said:

As I said it’s not a problem for semi finals.  We always get as many tickets as we need for semis.  Why are people looking for problems that don’t exist?

You’re saying that we will undoubtedly stop getting 50/50 splits for finals too.  Based on what?  For Scottish Cup finals we always get a 50/50 irrespective of how many tickets we’ve sold in the semi so what are you basing this on other than a hunch?

1 hour ago, Paris 84 said:

They'll stop agreeing to it because they don't want empty seats at a semi final.

46 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

As I said it’s not a problem for semi finals.  We always get as many tickets as we need for semis.  Why are people looking for problems that don’t exist?

You’re saying that we will undoubtedly stop getting 50/50 splits for finals too.  Based on what?  For Scottish Cup finals we always get a 50/50 irrespective of how many tickets we’ve sold in the semi so what are you basing this on other than a hunch?

https://www.aberdeenlive.news/sport/football/aberdeen-sell-out-viaplay-cup-8907969. I think this is more than a hunch. Why would we be treated any differently albeit, a Scottish cup final. Rangers are already complaining at the number of tickets each of our supporters are being offered, compared to the number of tickets that they have at their disposal,which doesn't meet Season ticket holder demand. Do you really think that under such pressure, and faced with the possibility of us not selling our allocation, that the SFA won't buckle in the future 

Vlad Magic
21 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

They'll stop agreeing to it because they don't want empty seats at a semi 

Don’t agree with this.

Any evidence to back up the statement?

been here before
Just now, Vlad Magic said:

Don’t agree with this.

Aye the fact he keeps repeating it. If you say it loads of times then it makes it true.

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Don’t agree with this.

Evidence is already there. They won't give 50/50 splits unless they are confident that Hearts and the other non Old Firm clubs will sell out. This is obviously because they don't want empty seats at their showpiece games.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Aye the fact he keeps repeating it. If you say it loads of times then it makes it true.

It needs repeating because folk don't seem to understand it. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Tiro said:

Not everyone thinks like you and I, some don’t go to away games of any sort for example. I hope we get first dibs on final tickets ahead of anyone who doesn’t go.

Vlad Magic
4 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Evidence is already there. They won't give 50/50 splits unless they are confident that Hearts and the other non Old Firm clubs will sell out. This is obviously because they don't want empty seats at their showpiece games.

Where?

gasbottle2

I managed to buy 2 tickets already as a mate will be out the country  and he let me use his season ticket, I’m sure there is plenty folk that are just waiting on the  LPs being lowered before buying 👍🏻

6 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Don’t agree with this.

7 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Don’t agree with this.

https://www.thenational.scot/sport/24186507.explained-scottish-cup-semi-final-ticket-allocations/. Read the comments that Hearts made about having to put forward an extremely strong case. 

been here before
9 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

It needs repeating because folk don't seem to understand it. 

Just because you keep saying it it doesnt mean folk dont understand.

It just means you keep posting the same shite for no reason.

Do carry on though, it makes you look insightful.

Edited by been here before

Ricardo Quaresma
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not everyone thinks like you and I, some don’t go to away games of any sort for example. I hope we get first dibs on final tickets ahead of anyone who doesn’t go.

Careful now, now, I suggested this earlier, after others did and got a 4 letter word response; not the others, just me :lol:

11 minutes ago, been here before said:

Just because you keep saying it it doesnt mean folk dont understand.

It just means you keep posting the same shite for no reason.

Do carry on though, it makes you look insightful.

It's not shite. The SFA don't want empty seats at Hampden, that's why the other clubs don't get 50/50 splits. You know this, of course, but it's better to keep up your smart arse routine. Unfortunately, it just makes you look like a total twat. 

16 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Where?

Are you being intentionally stupid? They don't get 50/50 splits because they don't want empty seats. What part of that are you struggling with? 

been here before

10 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

It's not shite. The SFA don't want empty seats at Hampden, that's why the other clubs don't get 50/50 splits. You know this, of course, but it's better to keep up your smart arse routine. Unfortunately, it just makes you look like a total twat. 

Awww Sweet Cheeks you're just not getting it are you?

No one says your oft repeated claim is shite or not, its your continual posting of it as fact that is shite.

Simple enough for you?

In the meantime though....

THEY DONT WANT EMPTY SEATS!!!

Edited by been here before

1971fozzy

If you have the money and can go then go for gods sake. Back the club and team (and change your underwear if you need to). 

Fozzyonthefence
43 minutes ago, Tiro said:

https://www.aberdeenlive.news/sport/football/aberdeen-sell-out-viaplay-cup-8907969. I think this is more than a hunch. Why would we be treated any differently albeit, a Scottish cup final. Rangers are already complaining at the number of tickets each of our supporters are being offered, compared to the number of tickets that they have at their disposal,which doesn't meet Season ticket holder demand. Do you really think that under such pressure, and faced with the possibility of us not selling our allocation, that the SFA won't buckle in the future 

No, it’s just you speculating and not sure why you’re referring to the Viaplay Cup as that is irrelevant as it has nothing to do with the SFA and ticket allocations for Scottish Cup finals.  

Historically ticket allocations have been different for League Cup and Scottish Cup finals as one is the responsibility of the SPFL and one is the responsibility of the SFA.  For Scottish Cup finals we always get pretty much 50/50 split when we play Rangers or Celtic but they always get more when they play non OF teams in League Cup finals.  

Rangers and Celtic always complain about ticket allocations for Scottish Cup finals but it doesn’t do them any good. **** them, it’s a neutral venue so should be 50/50 as long as the other team can sell that many.  It’s unfortunate for their ST holders but when you have around 50,000 ST holders and a national stadium that only holds 54,000 there’s always going to be a lot of disappointed fans.  

But yeah, it’s basically just a bit of scaremongering on your part when history tells us you’re wrong.  Honestly, we get this pish every time Rangers or Celtic get to a Scottish final against a non OF team.  

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No, it’s just you speculating and not sure why you’re referring to the Viaplay Cup as that is irrelevant as it has nothing to do with the SFA and ticket allocations for Scottish Cup finals.  

Historically ticket allocations have been different for League Cup and Scottish Cup finals as one is the responsibility of the SPFL and one is the responsibility of the SFA.  For Scottish Cup finals we always get pretty much 50/50 split when we play Rangers or Celtic but they always get more when they play non OF teams in League Cup finals.  

Rangers and Celtic always complain about ticket allocations for Scottish Cup finals but it doesn’t do them any good. **** them, it’s a neutral venue so should be 50/50 as long as the other team can sell that many.  It’s unfortunate for their ST holders but when you have around 50,000 ST holders and a national stadium that only holds 54,000 there’s always going to be a lot of disappointed fans.  

But yeah, it’s basically just a bit of scaremongering on your part when history tells us you’re wrong.  Honestly, we get this pish every time Rangers or Celtic get to a Scottish final against a non OF team.  

https://www.thenational.scot/sport/24186507.explained-scottish-cup-semi-final-ticket-allocations/. As I said earlier, in this thread, please read the comments made by Hearts in the attached link.  For me these comments  clearly indicate that the SFA did not favour an even split. At the end of the day though people need to do what is right for them in terms of attendance. In taking that decision they should however consider that the club stands to lose a sizable sum and, despite all the bravado, we would be naive in the extreme to think that the current ticket sales will not have some bearing on the future decision making of the SFA.  

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Tiro said:

https://www.thenational.scot/sport/24186507.explained-scottish-cup-semi-final-ticket-allocations/. As I said earlier, in this thread, please read the comments made by Hearts in the attached link.  For me these comments  clearly indicate that the SFA did not favour an even split. At the end of the day though people need to do what is right for them in terms of attendance. In taking that decision they should however consider that the club stands to lose a sizable sum and, despite all the bravado, we would be naive in the extreme to think that the current ticket sales will not have some bearing on the future decision making of the SFA.  

That’s about semi final allocations. And it’s pretty obvious why the SFA wouldn’t favour a 50/50 split for a semi - historically they know that Hearts and Aberdeen don’t sell that many. 

I’m pretty sure we’ve sold under 20,000 for every Scottish Cup semi final against Rangers or Celtic since the 1988 one (iirc only around 15,000 v Celtic in 2012) and it hasn’t stopped us getting a 50/50 split for finals.  We got 50/50 for the Rangers final a couple of seasons ago, 50/50 for the 2-1 Celtic final (the 3-3 had no fans due to Covid).  So why would it be any different this year?  The argument you are making is the same one Rangers and Celtic make year on year, it’s nothing new.  But the counter argument is Hearts can sell 50/50 for a final and there should be no sporting advantage for either team at a neutral venue and this argument has always won.  

Thunder and Lightning

Just heard some news. The SFA want empty seats. That's why they gave us an even split. 

Impeccable source. 

Fact

Etc

dannymack
10 hours ago, Tiro said:

Spot on.The SFA are trying to promote the image of the game to  national and potentially international sponsors. Our top clubs playing in a stadium only 80% full won't generate huge interest from any future sponsor.

The only reason they use Hampden now for both semi finals is to help pay for the refurbishment of that shithole, any fixture that does not have either of the big two playing should go to Tynecastle or Easter Rd.  

The same Idiots didn't do a very good job promoting the image of their Association Cup Final in 1998 when Adam stole in and buried Hearts' 2nd into the net in front of a building site. 

Could have easily took that game to Murrayfield where the cost of renting the stadium for the day would have been easily subsidised by the larger attendance. 

dannymack

21 days to go and it looks like we'll have a decent support through for this game. As far as I'm led to believe the sections marked with the red dots are covered by Hearts Hospitality and one block specifically reserved for the Gorgie Ultras. 

The remaining unsold seats will be up for anyone and everyone.  

If anyone who has close connections with the T.O. can they confirm this ?

Screenshot_20240401_014915_Chrome.jpg

Luckies1874
5 minutes ago, dannymack said:

21 days to go and it looks like we'll have a decent support through for this game. As far as I'm led to believe the sections marked with the red dots are covered by Hearts Hospitality and one block specifically reserved for the Gorgie Ultras. 

The Gorgie Ultras have said they are in G2 which is the section next to the red dots and closest to the South Stand.

The red dots cover over 3000 seats and I'm pretty sure that Hearts hospitality isn't more than few hundred even if they are using some of those.

dannymack
3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

The Gorgie Ultras have said they are in G2 which is the section next to the red dots and closest to the South Stand.

The red dots cover over 3000 seats and I'm pretty sure that Hearts hospitality isn't more than few hundred even if they are using some of those.

I'm hearing at least 6 buses for Hearts hospitality ????   Yep a few hundred. 

Looks like the Gorgie Ultras will be low in numbers unless the young yins will just invade G2 from their other paid seats as they please. 

karipidis
5 hours ago, dannymack said:

I think the 4 sections are just unopened section. Ticket sales have been disappointing to say the least.

8 hours ago, been here before said:

Awww Sweet Cheeks you're just not getting it are you?

No one says your oft repeated claim is shite or not, its your continual posting of it as fact that is shite.

Simple enough for you?

In the meantime though....

THEY DONT WANT EMPTY SEATS!!!

Another one failing to grasp a simple point. 

17 hours ago, Tiro said:

Spot on.The SFA are trying to promote the image of the game to  national and potentially international sponsors. Our top clubs playing in a stadium only 80% full won't generate huge interest from any future sponsor.

Shame the SPFL don’t care and our TV deal showcases how shit Scottish football is at times.

I don’t think a few thousand empty seats will upset sponsors too much, it’s the TV numbers they care about. Hampden is a shitehole full or not. 

cheetah

Looks like we will see the Saltire on the seats behind the goals, the club have hibsed this in asking for 50/50 split.

billybalfour

Why not open up the whole end from the word go.15 sections behind the goals.5000 unsold would be 300ish per section which wouldn't look particularly bad.If we sell most of these before the game 1000 would hardly be noticed scattered around all the sections.I think there must be a reason they have held these back in a block.Perhaps more hospitality or something sold than we are aware of.There will be a pretty large boost to sales when the threshold drops.Don't think we'll be far away from a sellout

14 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Looks like we will see the Saltire on the seats behind the goals, the club have hibsed this in asking for 50/50 split.

The club have ? You mean the club backed the fans who were screaming for a 50/50 split then failed in turn to back the club ? 

Anyone not going to this game because it’s a semi final against Rangers is a shite bag and hopefully don’t get a ticket when we get to the final. 

Doctor FinnBarr
5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

The club have ? You mean the club backed the fans who were screaming for a 50/50 split then failed in turn to back the club ? 

Anyone not going to this game because it’s a semi final against Rangers is a shite bag and hopefully don’t get a ticket when we get to the final. 

Give them time!

Italian Lambretta
7 hours ago, dannymack said:

Its possible these sections are allocated to supporters clubs who would have put in their applications before any release of tickets.

Vlad Magic
10 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Are you being intentionally stupid? They don't get 50/50 splits because they don't want empty seats. What part of that are you struggling with? 

But they have agreed to it.

Vlad Magic

Good job it’s not a Killie ICT semi final.

All those empty seats would give them nightmares.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Cant help thinking 3 successive disappoinments against these in the last 5 years may take its toll on those weaker souls to tolerate another going over

Fozzyonthefence
34 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Only some fans on JKB like you were screaming for 50/50.  Not exactly representative of the 21,000 we need to sell.  The sensible ones knew we didn’t need it.  We never sell 21,000 for semis v the OF.  That said, it was still a great gesture by the club and they changed the way they sell the tickets to make it easier but I doubt even they believed we would sell out and I doubt they will do this again unless we get close to a sell out.  But you’re basically blaming people that never go to semi finals for it not selling out which is quite a strange take.  Some fans are only interested enough to go to finals, you just have to live with that. 

1 hour ago, cheetah said:

That's just bollicks.

The Club were 100% right in asking for a 50/50 split.

If we fail to sell.our allocation and it cost the club money then that put the argument to bed and supporters can have no complaints going forward. 

It is actually a masterstroke by the club tbf.

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Only some fans on JKB like you were screaming for 50/50.  Not exactly representative of the 21,000 we need to sell.  The sensible ones knew we didn’t need it.  We never sell 21,000 for semis v the OF.  That said, it was still a great gesture by the club and they changed the way they sell the tickets to make it easier but I doubt even they believed we would sell out and I doubt they will do this again unless we get close to a sell out.  But you’re basically blaming people that never go to semi finals for it not selling out which is quite a strange take.  Some fans are only interested enough to go to finals, you just have to live with that. 

See when your first sentence is a lie then rest isn’t really worth reading. 👍