Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

joondalupjambo
21 minutes ago, been here before said:

Last time I done it you didnt find out until you rocked up and got the ticket. As I recall it was advertised as the South Stand, turned out strictly speaking it was as it was in section I but shite seats.

Wouldnt do it again without knowing exactly where the seats are.

👍 Totally agree.

A few of my mates have it.  I stopped going to Hampden years ago in a group because each time we ended up in the worst sections with rubbish views.  Think some of them fell out with me when I pulled out 😀

Ever since I have gone in two's or on my own and every time bagged a decent seat.  In D3 this time about third way back so tactic still working for me😀

Johnny no mates though 😀

Edited by joondalupjambo

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

PapaShango
1 minute ago, joondalupjambo said:

👍 Totally agree.

A few of my mates have it.  I stopped going to Hampden years ago in a group because each time we ended up in the worst sections with rubbish views.  Think some of them fell out with me when I pulled out 😀

Ever since I have gone in two's or on my own and every time bagged a decent seat.  In D3 this time about third way back so tactic still working for me😀

Johnny no mates though 😀

Majority of seats at Hampden are rubbish unless your in the South Stand I think and even some of them have a rubbish view. It really is a terrible match day experience for fans for what is supposed to be the national stadium. 

been here before
11 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Majority of seats at Hampden are rubbish unless your in the South Stand I think and even some of them have a rubbish view. It really is a terrible match day experience for fans for what is supposed to be the national stadium. 

I wonder if theres any other National Stadia where instead of trying to buy the best seats you try and bag the least shite ones.

The Hampden Experience right enough.

pettigrewsstylist

Hampden is actually a real disgrace and embarrasment for a football mad country like ours.

PapaShango
1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Hampden is actually a real disgrace and embarrasment for a football mad country like ours.

It's not just the view from the seats, the facilities are dreadful compared to some of the stadiums around the world. We really did scrimp on money when redeveloping it. Would be better just knocking it down and starting again. 

45 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I think the ticket office might still have a few.😁

😂 LP's is the issue. Can't make many games due to work. 

jamboozy
44 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

👍 Totally agree.

Johnny no mates though 😀

I’m in D3 as well, it’s the Johnny no mates section,:laugh:.

I’ve worked in Hampden and priced work I didn’t get.Several visits in different parts of the stadium were a real eye opener.What we as fans see is indeed a *** shit hole but the beeks part is quite incredible - no expense spared,3/4 of the money to upgrade Hampden was spent on the SFA offices and receptions.Has to be seen to be believed.

Maple Leaf

I want to remind everyone of the following two rules:

16. No trolling. Trolling is the act of posting with the explicit and sole intent of annoying other members

17. No cyber bullying. This includes posting unfounded personal attacks, stalking, harassing, innuendo, or any behavior intended to demean others.

Philfigo

Swore blind after walking out of Hamden in last years league cup semi after 65 minutes, that I would never be back to watch us again at Hampden V Rangers! 5 tickets bought and absolutely buzzing for it. Every single one of us has to go with belief and back the boys to the hilt.

The new West End
2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

It's not just the view from the seats, the facilities are dreadful compared to some of the stadiums around the world. We really did scrimp on money when redeveloping it. Would be better just knocking it down and starting again. 

It's like it was done as a homer.. its a disgrace and we accept it

If you ever go to Wembley the 2 are incomparable

27 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Swore blind after walking out of Hamden in last years league cup semi after 65 minutes, that I would never be back to watch us again at Hampden V Rangers! 5 tickets bought and absolutely buzzing for it. Every single one of us has to go with belief and back the boys to the hilt.

We’re winning this 4-3

jr ewing
31 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

They made me stay for the full 90 minutes 😤 

FarmerTweedy
10 hours ago, Peebo said:

Yeah, I’m sure you’re right mate. Entering the customer ref number with correct password was clearly the sort of thing only a Tech ignoramus would have done. 

Perhaps I should simply have tried turning each of the four devices off and back on again. 

That always works, unless you do it wrong!

1 hour ago, Philfigo said:

I was the exact same lol. Said I was fed up with it. 
tickets bought this morning tho 🫣

Chuck Berry
3 hours ago, PapaShango said:

North Stand has a great view, also the East/West couple of sections next to the North.  Once you start going further round behind the goal is when it gets a bit average.

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, The new West End said:

It's like it was done as a homer.. its a disgrace and we accept it

If you ever go to Wembley the 2 are incomparable

Indeed. Got a spare £billion so we can replicate it?

1 hour ago, Philfigo said:

Same here mate. And that’s after years of never leaving a game early. But, here I am taking up my ticket allocation including the extra tickets. Couldn’t not be there.

6 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

North Stand has a great view, also the East/West couple of sections next to the North.  Once you start going further round behind the goal is when it gets a bit average.

Got my tickets in D1 after last years in the east or south stand. Hadn’t given a thought to being so close to the segregation so hoping it’s not a problem given I’ll have the wee one with me. Hoping the view makes up for it 😅

Chuck Berry
3 minutes ago, Fejka said:

Got my tickets in D1 after last years in the east or south stand. Hadn’t given a thought to being so close to the segregation so hoping it’s not a problem given I’ll have the wee one with me. Hoping the view makes up for it 😅

D1 is a great view, they usually leave a few seats either side of the barrier then stewards, so you won't be able to get at the hun 😂

heartsfc_fan

Sampling the South Stand for the first time, ever. Sat in the other 3 stands but a change of scenery.

Section I3.

Should be a quick getaway to Kings Park if we are 0-3 down after 60 mins...

1971fozzy
1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Sampling the South Stand for the first time, ever. Sat in the other 3 stands but a change of scenery.

Section I3.

best area. That’s were we are

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

best area. That’s were we are

👍

Usually sit in the cheap seats behind the goal. Atmosphere is good but view is not.

Jambo-Fox

Four sections not open for sales yet and two sections with majority of tickets unsold.

Jambo-Fox

North and North East with four sections still to go on sale.

IMG_3824.jpeg

Percival King
11 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Section I3.

Maybe it's my age but I only see Hampden as having one stand, the other three sides are seated terracing, a bit like the benches in the shed at Tynecastle or the old beach end at Pittodrie or the seated enclosure behind the goals at Easter Road, except the seats have a back and a number. 

Jambo-Fox

South and South East with many tickets in two sections!

IMG_3825.jpeg

I always go but expect a shit view and almost no idea what’s going on! It’s a disgrace. I’ve just paid £40 and don’t even expect to have a reasonable view of us beating the Huns!

Edited by munro9

Libertarian
7 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Stadium expansion isn't happening anytime soon, it's been done to death and it simply isn't happening 

It really needs to happen in order for the club to continue growing. If stadium expansion doesn't happen Hearts will never fulfill their potential. 

CaptainShanks

On holiday for this one. From the pub, you get a load of folk who you couldn't pay to go to a semi final against the Old Firm in Glasgow but are longstanding season ticket holders. I would be astonished if we sell this out but hope I am wrong. 

Philfigo
17 minutes ago, CaptainShanks said:

On holiday for this one. From the pub, you get a load of folk who you couldn't pay to go to a semi final against the Old Firm in Glasgow but are longstanding season ticket holders. I would be astonished if we sell this out but hope I am wrong. 

I think alot of people who are in reasonably well paid jobs have no idea how difficult it is for some on pish wages. Could be a great idea for all of us that can to somehow raise funds for those that are really struggling to pay of a ticket.

Edited by Philfigo

15 minutes ago, CaptainShanks said:

What pub? 😃❤️

15 minutes ago, CaptainShanks said:

Philfigo

Too many people to fussy about a view, if we had Hibs in the semi nobody would be fussy about a view just as long as they got a ticket to the game. Too many have shat it with it being Rangers and that's the honest truth. 

dannymack

Is there anyone out there fully intending to NOT go to the semi final but will be the first one to jump through burning hoops to get a ticket for the final ? 

Circumstances always prevailing of course.

dannymack
4 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Too many people to fussy about a view, if we had Hibs in the semi nobody would be fussy about a view just as long as they got a ticket to the game. Too many have shat it with it being Rangers and that's the honest truth. 

Similar with the horrible lot in the 2012 semi final. 👍

been here before

Ken imagine paying 40 sheets for a ticket at the National Stadium and expecting a decent view of the game.

Some folk just look for shit to moan about.

Gorgie_Rules

Yip, last line sums up the sales. The likelihood of getting beat is more significant than the occasion in the minds of a large number of the fanbase. 

Feel a bit sorry for those at the club who took the bold decision to pay up front to try cater for as many Hearts fans as possible.

We are likely going to take flak for ‘locking out’ huns with a big empty section behind the goal and can’t argue that we don’t deserve it. I’m all for an empty seat than one of them filling it, just a pity there won’t be a full Hearts end.

Philfigo
6 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Yip, last line sums up the sales. The likelihood of getting beat is more significant than the occasion in the minds of a large number of the fanbase. 

Feel a bit sorry for those at the club who took the bold decision to pay up front to try cater for as many Hearts fans as possible.

We are likely going to take flak for ‘locking out’ huns with a big empty section behind the goal and can’t argue that we don’t deserve it. I’m all for an empty seat than one of them filling it, just a pity there won’t be a full Hearts end.

Yeah the club done exactly what everyone wanted by getting 50/50 because of all those moaning about the league cup semi about not getting 50/50. What pissses me off is how do we expect the players to believe we can win when they run-out to empty sections. Just makes us look like a micky mouse club.

Edited by Philfigo

Philfigo
12 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Similar with the horrible lot in the 2012 semi final. 👍

Absolutely and look what they missed

dannymack

An iconic moment in the history of Heart of Midlothian Football Club 😍

IMG_20181011_231645.thumb.jpg.a4edc7408f7267b95bd0629d621a0499.jpg

FB_IMG_1492266778081.jpg.e83121d98243a7695d192932ddd9edda.jpg

577240_397895906902054_100000449438096_1419511_489897358_n.jpg.dbd62ded3d878828f7e6d7fb274302a1.jpg

Absolutely and look what they missed

️

Edited by dannymack

CaptainShanks
27 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

I think alot of people who are in reasonably well paid jobs have no idea how difficult it is for some on pish wages. Could be a great idea for all of us that can to somehow raise funds for those that are really struggling to pay of a ticket.

Agree with that. A lot of them are pensioners who have seen enough defeats against the Old Firm at Hampden and don't fancy games against them. Down south most teams get more than their standard home crowds at cup semi finals but for us against the Old Firm getting our usual home crowd is a great effort. 

CaptainShanks
30 minutes ago, geomac said:

What pub? 😃❤️

Stratties ☺️

Luckies1874
13 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

To be fair if the 'club' aren't knowledgeable enough to know themselves that selling 21,000 was a serious stretch for this particular game then they clearly don't have their finger on the pulse of the overall fanbases mood and pessimism over the fixture. Many fans who are attending could easily have told them what was realistic for this game given the dire performances against Rangers (twice in under 2 years we've gone there and not laid a glove on them) and the lack of appetite for the journey and 'experience' etc from a mixture of diehards and more casual fans alike. That said I totally applaud their fighting for the 50-50 even if it means they will have to take a bit of a financial hit. It will be interesting to see after the holiday weekend if they have plans to get a bit creative to punt more tickets, whether they are going to drop LP's, allow us to buy further tickets if we have 20+ pts or whether they are going to say the club are paying for 1000 tickets in one section for local families or kids of specie schools in the area or whatever. It would seem stupid if they do end up having to pay for a couple of thousand seats to leave them empty! 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

To be fair if the 'club' aren't knowledgeable enough to know themselves that selling 21,000 was a serious stretch for this particular game then they clearly don't have their finger on the pulse of the overall fanbases mood and pessimism over the fixture. Many fans who are attending could easily have told them what was realistic for this game given the dire performances against Rangers (twice in under 2 years we've gone there and not laid a glove on them) and the lack of appetite for the journey and 'experience' etc from a mixture of diehards and more casual fans alike. That said I totally applaud their fighting for the 50-50 even if it means they will have to take a bit of a financial hit. It will be interesting to see after the holiday weekend if they have plans to get a bit creative to punt more tickets, whether they are going to drop LP's, allow us to buy further tickets if we have 20+ pts or whether they are going to say the club are paying for 1000 tickets in one section for local families or kids of specie schools in the area or whatever. It would seem stupid if they do end up having to pay for a couple of thousand seats to leave them empty! 

I'm not convinced they will be panicking after 2 days. I imagine they will have a plan to try and maximise sales in the next few weeks. 

Mikey1874
18 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Been far more moaning and complaining about not getting an equal or fair allocation so if the club was listening that's what they would have heard.

People saying we aren't that bothered about going less so.

Edited by Mikey1874

stevie1874
15 minutes ago, karipidis said:

No chance this is selling out 

Going to cost the club a few bob if it doesn’t?

Jambo-Fox
40 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Is there anyone out there fully intending to NOT go to the semi final but will be the first one to jump through burning hoops to get a ticket for the final ? 

Circumstances always prevailing of course.

Absolutely!

They'll be the ones that claim they were at the semi-final, actually they will claim that they’ve never missed a semi or final for several decades 😜