Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

@Sir PH wouldn’t surprise me if the loyalty pints dropped below 5. It’s only a few weeks away so if they drop to 5 and still haven’t sold out they’ll need to do something. 

Hopefully that's the case.🤞

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

We're talking a handful of them manage to do this. And it's probably Hearts fans handing their tickets over in some cases.

Not sure how many it is but yes, I suspect it is more likely to be Hearts ST holders giving them their ST card.  But if it’s to their mates then maybe a good chance they’re buying their second ticket for the semi for these same Hun mates.  

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

What?

Anonymous strangers on the internet, faceless grown men on a messageboard have me "on ignore"? Awwww naw... :rofl:

Mind we spoke not that long ago about you taking this place far to seriously? :lol:

Yeah. And it was pointed out to you that if anybody takes it too seriously, it's you. 

been here before
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

Yeah. And it was pointed out to you that if anybody takes it too seriously, it's you. 

Pointed out by you... :lol:

:Robbie:

Edited by been here before

The Treasurer
26 minutes ago, karipidis said:

The issue is as well that they could buy them all in the one section together. 

Easier to identify and throw out of the ground 

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not sure how many it is but yes, I suspect it is more likely to be Hearts ST holders giving them their ST card.  But if it’s to their mates then maybe a good chance they’re buying their second ticket for the semi for these same Hun mates.  

That's a whole different scenario. Nobody should be giving a Rangers fan a ticket for such an important fixture, never mind a run of the mill league game.

2 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

That's a whole different scenario. Nobody should be giving a Rangers fan a ticket for such an important fixture, never mind a run of the mill league game.

And you are going to walk the talk, right comrade?

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

We’ve not been close to 21,000 for an OF semi in my lifetime. We’ll be 4,000 or so short. 

This was our chance to stake a proper claim for 50/50 splits going forward. We’ll be told to bolt in future.

Muddayfield, diddy cup, 2018. I get your point though.

scottg71

So some of the biggest mouthpieces on here have less than 5 loyalty points. Who’d have thunk it🤣

I have 3 people in my network not going who have way more than 20 points so that’s technically 6 tickets plus another in my name and my lassie’s so 8 ticket's going a begging. 
If they don’t drop the threshold I may offer to get some for those struggling if they’re good guys 😉

2 minutes ago, kila said:

And you are going to walk the talk, right comrade?

What do you mean? 

bean counter

All this talk trying to organise how we "should" sell the semi final tickets

The Club know how many tickets they have got and want to sell

The Club know how many season ticket holders we have

The Club know how many are on the season ticket waiting list

The Club know how many fans have over 20, 10 and 5 loyalty points

The Club will know on a daily basis how many we have sold

The Club will know how many from the first four points have purchased so they know the size of the remaining potential sales

I'll trust them to decide if\when to drop the loyalty points level and to what to drop it to

I'll also trust them to distribute any potential unsold tickets as they see best. ( I like the Big Hearts idea and would be prepared to contribute to lessen the cost to the Club ) 

Don't get the moaning. It's what, 12,000 sold after two days and not even a general sale yet.

46 minutes ago, been here before said:

Its not "others" greeting and sqealing though, its you.

You battered off a myriad of reasons why people couldnt go. You havent explained why you dont go to games and in all honestly I couldnt care less.

Its your fair weather attitude about how tickets should be sold to suit you thats funny as ****.

Please please only reduce it to 5 point Hearts.

Thumperbeni
1 hour ago, bean counter said:

Yes but the Beattie semi against Celtic there were Celtic fans in the west stand as we only took about 15,000 

They were in the sections to our left, they weren’t in beside us, lucky if we had 12/13k tops that day too.

zeke1874

Anyone have any idea how much Hearts would pay the sfa for the tickets? Surely if we sell 18,000 plus we're still quids in. I get we want to sell out but it's not like we make a loss...

38 minutes ago, been here before said:

Pointed out by you... :lol:

:Robbie:

There's many on here have made clear what they think of you.

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That’s a bit contradictory isn’t it?  Saying it’s a chance to stake a claim for 50/50 but on the other hand saying there is no demand for it.🤷‍♂️

The only semi v the uglies I can recall with over 21,000 of us was the semi v Celtic in 88 (apologies for reminding people of that ending!).  We had more expectation of beating them back than I suppose plus we were the 2nd best team in the league that season. 

Was gutted at that game, 😕.  had a severe hangover as well.

This place is ****ing mental.

Only on day 2 of sales and folk are losing their shit :lol:

Jambo-Fox
4 hours ago, Percival King said:

Maybe it's too much hassle for the club to organise but putting on buses from Tynecastle might appeal to folk. The club have done that on and off down the years and did that for the semi in 2012. I assume there are folk who might be put off by the hassle of making their own way through but a bus directly to Hampden might make a difference. Or maybe everyone attending could get a free "signed" t-shirt like we were given for another semi (might have been the infamous 20 seconds silence for the Pope semi).

Last time I looked Hampden was only 45 miles from Tynecastle … not exactly an away game!

Jambo-Fox
30 minutes ago, GC81 said:

Don't get the moaning. It's what, 12,000 sold after two days and not even a general sale yet.

Is that all .. really??

been here before
27 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

There's many on here have made clear what they think of you.

What?

Anonymous strangers on the internet, faceless grown men on a messageboard have "made it clear what they think of me? Awwww naw...  :rofl:

Mind we spoke not that long ago about you taking this place far to seriously? :lol:

Edited by been here before

9 minutes ago, been here before said:

What?

Anonymous strangers on the internet, faceless grown men on a messageboard have "made it clear what they think of me? Awwww naw...  :rofl:

I'm away out for the evening. You'll need to find somebody else to play with. Good luck!

ArcticJambo
2 hours ago, karipidis said:

The issue is as well that they could buy them all in the one section together. 

Plus not really a big risk if say 15 or so buy together, they'd take a few slaps but aren't going to get a doing!

e: saying that it probably won't be possible anyway, unless it went to general sale.

Edited by ArcticJambo

Shaggy2
5 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Hearts fans come from all over. Not all of them will know a ST holder.

Really? I don’t think any bona fide Hearts fan won’t know at least one ST holder. If we have any fans at Hampden that literally only knows the person next to them, I’ll be amazed. Suppose there may be someone out there been marooned on Crusoe Island for 28 years that has a passing interest in Hearts and fancies taking in a big game. 
I’m essentially saying all you should need is a Hearts ST holder to “vouch” for your credentials. If you can’t provide that then sorry, no ticket. 

Edited by Shaggy2

Percival King
31 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Last time I looked Hampden was only 45 miles from Tynecastle … not exactly an away game!

Not sure what you're point is but 45 miles isn't exactly a home game. Being pragmatic about it, maybe the easier it is for floating supporters to get to/from the game then maybe the more likely they are to go. The reality is we have folk in our support who will go anywhere at any time on any day to watch Hearts through to folk who'll just go to cup finals and if some of those folk can be persuaded to go to the semi, that would be a good thing.

Philfigo

Hard to say but it look like about 14,000 or 15,000 gone. Dot counter would be welcomed! Its not for me thought no patience for that.

Shaggy2
1 hour ago, bean counter said:

All this talk trying to organise how we "should" sell the semi final tickets

The Club know how many tickets they have got and want to sell

The Club know how many season ticket holders we have

The Club know how many are on the season ticket waiting list

The Club know how many fans have over 20, 10 and 5 loyalty points

The Club will know on a daily basis how many we have sold

The Club will know how many from the first four points have purchased so they know the size of the remaining potential sales

I'll trust them to decide if\when to drop the loyalty points level and to what to drop it to

I'll also trust them to distribute any potential unsold tickets as they see best. ( I like the Big Hearts idea and would be prepared to contribute to lessen the cost to the Club ) 

In total agreement that everyone seems to know the ticket office’s job better than they do themselves. 
Don’t agree with your last point. At those ticket prices nobody will be getting more from me as a donation. Personally think if the club went all out to get 50/50, got it and the part-timers let the club down then it’s a lesson learnt the hard way. If you’ve got too much spare cash, feel free to be fleeced time and again. 

13 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Really? I don’t think any bona fide Hearts fan won’t know at least one ST holder. If we have any fans at Hampden that literally only knows the person next to them, I’ll be amazed. Suppose there may be someone out there been marooned on Crusoe Island for 28 years that has a passing interest in Hearts and fancies taking in a big game. 
I’m essentially saying all you should need is a Hearts ST holder to “vouch” for your credentials. If you can’t provide that then sorry, no ticket. 

That's because you don't know every Hearts fan. We'll have fans all over the place that are not from the Edinburgh area and don't know a Hearts season ticket holder. The world doesn't stop at Edinburgh. 

Shaggy2
12 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

That's because you don't know every Hearts fan. We'll have fans all over the place that are not from the Edinburgh area and don't know a Hearts season ticket holder. The world doesn't stop at Edinburgh. 

Thank Christ, because I’m not from Edinburgh 👍

Look, if you’ve really HAD TO WORK every Hearts match for the past three years (but you’re available for semis and finals esp v Rangers weirdly) I can get you a couple of tickets from one of the many ST holders I do know that can’t go.

Would anyone in that category (GENUINELY supports Hearts and has a real interest in actually attending but doesn’t know a single ST holder) please make themselves known? I’m truly interested if they exist.

Edited by Shaggy2

escobri
1 hour ago, Thumperbeni said:

They were in the sections to our left, they weren’t in beside us, lucky if we had 12/13k tops that day too.

Always a pleasure to remind the shitebags that never went that day of how good it was. :pleasingao: 

Cameronstheman

Please go if you can make it, I think we will sell 18k minimum, well IMHO. I've still to get 4/5, no rush ,as before I've landed up with plumb seats  when i waited, **** behind the goals pish i say 

Plenty time, end of the month for some, I think if we dont sell out we will be near 

joondalupjambo
5 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Please go if you can make it, I think we will sell 18k minimum, well IMHO. I've still to get 4/5, no rush ,as before I've landed up with plumb seats  when i waited, **** behind the goals pish i say 

Plenty time, end of the month for some, I think if we dont sell out we will be near 

You could use your head and keep your feet for dancing as they say 🤣

Grab the 4 in a pish area and then go alone, plenty single seats available in prime positions🤣

Mind you your mates might no talk to you again🤣

Edited by joondalupjambo

Newton51
55 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Hard to say but it look like about 14,000 or 15,000 gone. Dot counter would be welcomed! Its not for me thought no patience for that.

Probably will announce once we get to 15k

Seaside Dave

Rangers fans in uproar the way we sell tickets. Seething that each season ticket holder can purchase 2 tickets. As they are limited to one each. Told one of them that I'll sit with my 2 tickets and the other seat I have will be used for my picnic while I enjoy hearts pumping them. Was met with glorious laughs fs 

Shaggy2
3 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Rangers fans in uproar the way we sell tickets. Seething that each season ticket holder can purchase 2 tickets. As they are limited to one each. Told one of them that I'll sit with my 2 tickets and the other seat I have will be used for my picnic while I enjoy hearts pumping them. Was met with glorious laughs fs 

I think there’s at least one on here who isnae happy his 2 points doesn’t qualify! 😂

SwindonJambo
3 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

it was a **** of an ending, and a proper wee battle to get to kings park train station😬

Crikey. I'd never use King's Park after a game v them. Never going to be easy. Has to be  Mount Florida for safety in numbers. 

To add to Humpdump's many other shortcomings, both stations are utter rubbish and unfit to handle large crowds. Especially Mount Florida with that narrow footbridge up from the island platform. Fine for commuters, much less so for football crowds.

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Percival King said:

Not sure what you're point is but 45 miles isn't exactly a home game. Being pragmatic about it, maybe the easier it is for floating supporters to get to/from the game then maybe the more likely they are to go. The reality is we have folk in our support who will go anywhere at any time on any day to watch Hearts through to folk who'll just go to cup finals and if some of those folk can be persuaded to go to the semi, that would be a good thing.

Ever tried walking 45 miles, lol,  

Seaside Dave
15 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

I think there’s at least one on here who isnae happy his 2 points doesn’t qualify! 😂

😂😂😂😂 Tag him 😂😂😂

3 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

I will hold my hands up here, I'm getting 2 tickets for me and the laddie once the threshold drops.

I've been a total shite fan since the covid fiasco and I became disillusioned with the whole of Scottish football but I kinda regained the urge after Airdrie away. 

This were I am. Both my kids play football at weekends and family stuff means just not enough time for an ST. 15/16 was my last year.

I'll be purchasing our tickets when the points cut off drops.

2 hours ago, Philfigo said:

I think this one is going to be very difficult to accurately dot-count. On the face of it, yes, it looks as if 14,000 or 15,000 have been sold, but it appears likely that some sections have seats that have been blocked out. They may have been sold or are allocated as seating for hospitality packages, or something else that the club has in mind. I would guess Hearts has sold a little over 14,000 tickets, but I also think the actual figure could be as much as 1,000 up or down.

The club obviously has a plan, starting with a fairly high points threshold - higher than they set for home games v Rangers. Time will telll if their strategy pays off.

Edited by JALBO

soonbe110
1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

Crikey. I'd never use King's Park after a game v them. Never going to be easy. Has to be  Mount Florida for safety in numbers. 

To add to Humpdump's many other shortcomings, both stations are utter rubbish and unfit to handle large crowds. Especially Mount Florida with that narrow footbridge up from the island platform. Fine for commuters, much less so for football crowds.

Kings Park is fine after a game against them.   Train doesn’t go near their horde at Mount Florida. 

5 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

There never has been.

When was the last time we got near 50% for an Old Firm semi final?

Hearts have gone all out to secure us 50% and a proportion of Hearts fans have shat it.

Think we got half the stadium against Celtic about 20 years ago as I was in the North stand that day. Didnt sell out 

but if I remember correctly, neither did Celtic. Could possibly have been the game where there was supposed to be

a minutes silence for the pope.

Hmfc1965
5 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

^^^^ Also agree with the shout that SF Ticket Holders get first dibs for Final 👍

**** off.

I'm  a ST holder and have been to every semi and final bar one since 1986.

I'm abroad for this one.

SwindonJambo
23 minutes ago, Lido said:

Think we got half the stadium against Celtic about 20 years ago as I was in the North stand that day. Didnt sell out 

but if I remember correctly, neither did Celtic. Could possibly have been the game where there was supposed to be

a minutes silence for the pope.

That was 2005. I was at that one. The ref ended the "silence" after about 20 seconds.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

**** off.

I'm  a ST holder and have been to every semi and final bar one since 1986.

I'm abroad for this one.

Pretty sure ST holders would get one too, so you **** off, sap

SwindonJambo
44 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Kings Park is fine after a game against them.   Train doesn’t go near their horde at Mount Florida. 

I meant Septic by "them". When playing them we get the Mount Florida end. 

Before the 22 Cup Final v the other cheek, all the trains were mixed and went to Mount Florida and we had to walk past the huns to get to our end. I used Kings Park on the way back, but it still stopped to pick up at Mount Florida and some daft Huns tried to board our train, already rammed with Jambos.

Hmfc1965
5 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Pretty sure ST holders would get one too, so you **** off, sap

So why give folk going to one game first dibs?

Wee Mikey
4 hours ago, zeke1874 said:

Anyone have any idea how much Hearts would pay the sfa for the tickets? Surely if we sell 18,000 plus we're still quids in. I get we want to sell out but it's not like we make a loss...

Hearts will have paid full price for the tickets allocated.

But ... the ticket income is split ... therefore any unsold tickets would see a proportion of what the club has shelled out being returned to us.

All this speculation is daft.

We'll find out soon enough what the outcome is.

GinRummy
Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

So why give folk going to one game first dibs?

So they can go to two games. Better than one. 

Hmfc1965
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

So they can go to two games. Better than one. 

So in theory if the semi sells out folk like me would miss the final?