Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

ColinSmith1255
2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

K2, K3, K4, H5 and H6 are all in Hearts hands. 

No mention of K

IMG_0112.png

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Jambo-Fox
6 hours ago, Wardiehearts said:

Big queue outside the TO now

I’m amazed the ticket office is still open (now 9:20pm), that’s some queue !!!

been here before

Is it @Sir PH staging some sort of demo to get the LPs down to 4?

Glued himself to an Andy Halliday top or something?

13 hours ago, XB52 said:

That means you sell the crap seats first and the 'best' seats in the North Stand are last. The North can only be segregated in half so that is maybe 5000 tickets. It's not like we can hand back a few hundred we can't sell. The club have gone all in for the fans this time to ensure every Hearts fan can get a ticket. It's up to the fans to make sure the club don't lose money

it is up to the fans , to sell it out and if it’s only a few hundred tickets then it’s not a problem and we will have done well. 

11 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

In which case the North Stand will likely be off limits for most teams as that would have to be the last section sold as you can only segregate it at the halfway point.  If you want 50% of tickets, there's no handing back for re-sell.

there is always an option. 

10 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Nah. That basically means no north stand tickets, until we've sold all of the tickets behind the goal (F&G).  Some folk would just not bother going at all, others would wait for ages to buy in the hope that the North stand would go on sale eventually (which wouldn't happen). We'd have a much smaller crowd than we're actually going to get selling them the way we have done. 

So we should sell out then 

Chuck Berry
44 minutes ago, fila said:

there is always an option. 

Well no there isn't.

neilnunb
28 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

What sections haven’t been in sale yet

F5, F6, F7 & G1 (I think)

FarmerTweedy
11 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Nah, it's a database. Check your e-tickets; it tells you precisely which games LPs have been added on for.

Of a reducing number. I reckon that there'll be a 2nd wave of buying. Anyhoo, like I said, we'll find out soon enough.

The Hearts TO absolutely know.

Easy-peasy in this day and age.

I'm well aware the system holds records of what games you've bought tickets for.  That doesn't mean there's functionality in Ticketmaster's system to actually check through those records when a user is trying to purchase tickets for an event and determine whether the user previously bought tickets for games involving a certain team.  We'd almost certainly have to pay Ticketmaster to develop such functionality, probably at a substantial cost, and probably at a very lengthy timescale for them to design, build, test and release that functionality. 

The only way it's likely to be possible is if we stop all online sales and sell over the phone and in person at the ticket office. I don't see that happening, at least not in the next phase, but maybe further down the line if we still have some to shift.

Luckies1874
14 hours ago, Philfigo said:

Not as many blue dots about this morning! I know we still have 4 sections to open but end of play today if those blue dots are about gone and Monday they drop the LPs we might have a slim slim chance.

13 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Be lucky if we've sold 50 to 60 tickets this morning. Getting nowhere selling the current available seats today. 

Still have South Stand Upper sections to open as well.

Be lucky if we sold 200 tickets today. 

Sales have really stalled after the initial 24 hour buzz. By Tuesday morning I'd think the club have to be announcing the next stage as there are at least 6000, probably more, still to sell. That's £150-200 grands worth of tickets

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

Sales have really stalled after the initial 24 hour buzz. By Tuesday morning I'd think the club have to be announcing the next stage as there are at least 6000, probably more, still to sell. That's £150-200 grands worth of tickets

I think they will have sold more than that today. Decent queue after full time. 

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I think they will have sold more than that today. Decent queue after full time. 

Not judging by the dots but even if it was 3-400 the general point still stands. Sales have dried up considerably and they will need to drop the LP points and/or announce something else to get things moving. Right now they are footing a pretty large bill for the stance they took. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Not judging by the dots but even if it was 3-400 the general point still stands. Sales have dried up considerably and they will need to drop the LP points and/or announce something else to get things moving. Right now they are footing a pretty large bill for the stance they took. 

So what is your estimate of the total sold so far?

Luckies1874
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So what is your estimate of the total sold so far?

14k ish 

davemclaren
Just now, Luckies1874 said:

14k ish 

👍 certainly got nothing to disprove thst. 

Philfigo
6 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

I was expecting loads to shift yesterday before and after the game. That's a lot of money we could be down. 

jamboozy

At the game yesterday, a couple of the guys round me said they weren’t going, said they just didn’t fancy it, I said “Get yourselves there, we have to beat them at Hampden sometime “ 🤷‍♂️

GinRummy
3 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

At the game yesterday, a couple of the guys round me said they weren’t going, said they just didn’t fancy it, I said “Get yourselves there, we have to beat them at Hampden sometime “ 🤷‍♂️

I had a hangover on the morning of the 98 final and almost gave it a miss. Felt like it was going to be the standard defeat to rangers in a final. You just never know what will happen. 

alicante jambo

Before the game yesterday there was a decent size line of people looking to buy for the hampden game. I reckon the reason there wasnt many sold was there was  a fair amount of time taken with folks not knowing what part of the stadium they wanted to sit in. The staff were showing the stadium plan to the supporters. There was a group of 3 who were arguing where to sit as none of them would agree with each other lol they were deciding for 10 minutes and the line was building up behind them. I seen numerous people leave and say they would come back later. I know a couple of folk wanting tickets jambos tok but dont have many points if any so i reckon we will not be far off shifting our allocation.

jamboozy
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I had a hangover on the morning of the 98 final and almost gave it a miss. Felt like it was going to be the standard defeat to rangers in a final. You just never know what will happen. 

Now you mention it, that was the reply of another guy sitting behind who overheard the conversation, as you say , you never know, we could just click and be on our game.👍

10 hours ago, been here before said:

Is it @Sir PH staging some sort of demo to get the LPs down to 4?

Glued himself to an Andy Halliday top or something?

Probably one of those posts that was funny in your head.

6 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

The cost to the club, while not insignificant, is a short term issue. The longer term issue is that the SFA will never again give us an even split of tickets for games against the old firm and that will include the final if we were to play Celtic. For proof of this look at Aberdeen's allocation for their semi-final. 

In the event of us reaching the final I hope the limited number of tickets we do receive will be offered first to those who attended the Semi-Final

Jambo-Fox

Time to let anyone with a previous buying history buy two tickets.

And everyone with 20+ points buy another four ie six in total!

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, Tiro said:

The cost to the club, while not insignificant, is a short term issue. The longer term issue is that the SFA will never again give us an even split of tickets for games against the old firm and that will include the final if we were to play Celtic. For proof of this look at Aberdeen's allocation for their semi-final. 

In the event of us reaching the final I hope the limited number of tickets we do receive will be offered first to those who attended the Semi-Final

Aye, I'd quite happily see my FoH subs occasionally going to prevent the OF getting more than 50% at semis or Finals.  **** them, and well done Hearts.

Wee Mikey
9 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'm well aware the system holds records of what games you've bought tickets for.  That doesn't mean there's functionality in Ticketmaster's system to actually check through those records when a user is trying to purchase tickets for an event and determine whether the user previously bought tickets for games involving a certain team.  We'd almost certainly have to pay Ticketmaster to develop such functionality, probably at a substantial cost, and probably at a very lengthy timescale for them to design, build, test and release that functionality. 

The only way it's likely to be possible is if we stop all online sales and sell over the phone and in person at the ticket office. I don't see that happening, at least not in the next phase, but maybe further down the line if we still have some to shift.

Ticketmaster know 100% the concerts which I've bought tickets for, those which I have not, and target me based on that information.

Trawling a database for information is simplicity itself.

For example, a query as to who has bought tickets v 'team X'; or v 'teams X, Y'; or whatever criteria are deemed relevant.

Hence, a list of who is eligible; or a list of who is not eligible is only seconds away from any computer bod quicker than they can finish their morning cappucino.

Using such a list to rule in, or rule out an individual is a piece of toffee. That's precisely the functionality that would prevent someone buying again when there is a ticket limiit; the parameters of which can be altered at any time to allow more tickets to be purchased, or whatever.

Bull's-eye

Sold an astonishing amount of tickets for the hospitality package.

HopeDiouf
3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Ticketmaster know 100% the concerts which I've bought tickets for, those which I have not, and target me based on that information.

For example, a query as to who has bought tickets v 'team X'; or v 'teams X, Y'; or whatever criteria are deemed relevant.

Hence, a list of who is eligible; or a list of who is not eligible is only seconds away from any computer bod quicker than they can finish their morning cappucino.

Using such a list to rule in, or rule out an individual is a piece of toffee. That's precisely the functionality that would prevent someone buying again when there is a ticket limiit; the parameters of which can be altered at any time to allow more tickets to be purchased, or whatever.

Manual proces tho. We'd need ticketmaster to automate that for us, which would cost.

Chuck Berry

Surely the next step is the club move it to open sale to anyone with a buying history.  We should go close to selling out.

SwindonJambo

The game is 3 weeks away and tix have only been on sale for a few days. No panic.

heartyhub
31 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Are these still on sale

1 minute ago, heartyhub said:

Are these still on sale

HOSPITALITY | SCOTTISH CUP SEMI-FINAL

18 March 2024

Further to the announcement of our Scottish Gas Scottish Cup Semi-Final fixture against Rangers, the Hospitality Team is delighted to offer the following hospitality to supporters.

Hearts will meet Rangers on Sunday, April 21st, guarantee your ticket now and join fellow Jambos at Tynecastle before heading to Hampden:

👋 Arrival from 10:30am
🍽️ Pre-match food served from 11am
🚌 Coaches depart for Hampden at 12:30pm, returning to Tynecastle Park after the final-whistle.

Adult £85 | Concession (O65/U16) £70. Package includes:
Bottle of beer on arrival supported by Heineken, pre-match meal, your match ticket (East Stand), and coach transport to and from Hampden.
Please note that we will not be offering coach-only transport at the moment.

TO BOOK, CALL 0131 200 7244 or 07736917859
(Booking history is required, calls answered 9am-5pm)

ToadKiller Dog
42 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

The game is 3 weeks away and tix have only been on sale for a few days. No panic.

This .

Not sure counting the dots will match with actual sales as we don't know if the club store is selling the areas not open on ticket master or not ,which areas in the east stand are the hospitality at ? I imagine altogether. 

GBJambo
1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

Would imagine they are in G1 which as of now hasn’t been opened up 

Edited by GBJambo

Scott Leitch
1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

Surely the next step is the club move it to open sale to anyone with a buying history.  We should go close to selling out.

That goes against what the club have been doing for home sales v Celtic and Rangers though. Seems stupid that they would do this in Glasgow against Rangers but not at Tynecastle?

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, HopeDiouf said:

Manual proces tho. We'd need ticketmaster to automate that for us, which would cost.

I'd be surprised if we don't have a user interface allowing for database interrogation ... and astonished if we don't have a Ticketmaster contact for our relationship with them who we deal with on a regular basis.

Anyhoo, see @livi's post above ...

"Booking history is required".

The info is there, and is clearly available.

HopeDiouf
5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I'd be surprised if we don't have a user interface allowing for database interrogation ... and astonished if we don't have a Ticketmaster contact for our relationship with them who we deal with on a regular basis.

Info is there there. And could be done manually with staff looking up details. Online booking process that included this would be prob too costly tho.

Edited by HopeDiouf

Wee Mikey
10 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Info is there there. And could be done manually with staff looking up details. Online booking process that included this would be prob too costly tho.

***Facetiousness Alert***

Given the contactless payments only scenario at Tynie, we could always restrict sales to those who have purchased at least 3 kebab pies this season. For sure, the club know how many G&Ts I've swallied.

🍸🍸🍸 ... and the rest ...

😋

Cameronstheman

Wonder how many on here that can go  aint going, dare say we will see that on match day mm

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Who knew.

3 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

Aye, I'd quite happily see my FoH subs occasionally going to prevent the OF getting more than 50% at semis or Finals.  **** them, and well done Hearts.

On this occasion the club have forced the issue with the SFA and have been successful. If however we do a 'Hibs', and fail to 'turn up,' then the SFA will take great pleasure in refusing any request, for an equitable ticket share, the next time we play the old firm at Hampden .  We have to back the clubs stance.

Percival King
6 minutes ago, Tiro said:

On this occasion the club have forced the issue with the SFA and have been successful. If however we do a 'Hibs', and fail to 'turn up,' then the SFA will take great pleasure in refusing any request, for an equitable ticket share, the next time we play the old firm at Hampden .  We have to back the clubs stance.

And the frustrating thing is the seats we will lose from our allocation would be the better seats i.e. in the north and south stands.

Luckies1874
8 minutes ago, Tiro said:

Why? The whole point is Hearts have agreed to cover the cost of any unused seats to have the 50-50 split. 

27 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Why? The whole point is Hearts have agreed to cover the cost of any unused seats to have the 50-50 split. 

Empty seats isn't a good look at our biggest cup semi finals. 

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

You've obviously never worked on developing IT systems that will be used by the public!

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, HopeDiouf said:

Exactly. 

32 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Empty seats isn't a good look at our biggest cup semi finals. 

Spot on.The SFA are trying to promote the image of the game to  national and potentially international sponsors. Our top clubs playing in a stadium only 80% full won't generate huge interest from any future sponsor.

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

There absolutely is an interface allowing for database interrogation.  The ticket office staff will use it on a fairly regular basis, I imagine. And for ticket sales done in person or over the phone, they'll absolutely be able to use that interface to manually check the purchase history of whichever customer they're dealing with at any one time. Nobody has argued any different on this.

That's completely irrelevant to whether the public-facing system that people buy tickets through via the etickets website has automated functionality already built into the ticket buying process to check if the current user trying to buy tickets for one specific event has or hasn't in the past bought tickets for one or more other events which have involved a specific team.  Such functionality probably doesn't currently exist, and if it doesn’t, and we want Ticketmaster to build it, it won't be cheap and it won't be quick for them to do it and get it live.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not sure who would be buying now, very little change on the map since Friday. Shifting another 2k let alone 6k would be an achievement