Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

22 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

But they have agreed to it.

Only because we've agreed to pay for any unsold tickets. They also must think we have a decent chance of selling our allocation. They wouldn't do this with the likes of Motherwell or Kilmarnock. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

gordon simpson
7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

That's just bollicks.

The Club were 100% right in asking for a 50/50 split.

If we fail to sell.our allocation and it cost the club money then that put the argument to bed and supporters can have no complaints going forward. 

It is actually a masterstroke by the club tbf.

if we do fall short we could sell them to sevco fans for inflated prices and make profit 

Bull's-eye
8 hours ago, dannymack said:

I'm hearing at least 6 buses for Hearts hospitality ????   Yep a few hundred. 

Looks like the Gorgie Ultras will be low in numbers unless the young yins will just invade G2 from their other paid seats as they please. 

Double that figure and then add some more.

In actual fact, so many buses that there is an issue where to park them.

Edited by Bull's-eye

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

See when your first sentence is a lie then rest isn’t really worth reading. 👍

How many were “screaming” for 50/50 then?  You want to make up some figure?  The fact you were screaming for it tells me all I need to know but you can shout all you want, you don’t speak for me. The club should exercise common sense instead of listening to the moon howlers who shout the loudest.  History tells us they were potentially going to have to foot a fairly large bill for unsold tickets and recent performances against Rangers were never going to help.   

Still weeks to go yet, maybe the LP threshold will get lowered to single digits to help sales.  We’ll maybe shift around 19,000 which will be decent. 

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

if we do fall short we could sell them to sevco fans for inflated prices and make profit 

No we can’t. 

Debut 4
13 minutes ago, ramrod said:

That's just bollicks.

The Club were 100% right in asking for a 50/50 split.

If we fail to sell.our allocation and it cost the club money then that put the argument to bed and supporters can have no complaints going forward. 

It is actually a masterstroke by the club tbf.

You could be right there but you can see the other side of the argument from others if you use history and facts.   

They’ve went baw deep on principal and I admire that but if we don’t sell out there’ll be a period of ridicule in the media.  

We just have to have broad shoulders and take it ,and as you say, in the long run when we get to another semi v any of the uglies no one can really complain about a reduced allocation to the club. 

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

How many were “screaming” for 50/50 then?  You want to make up some figure?  The fact you were screaming for it tells me all I need to know but you can shout all you want, you don’t speak for me. The club should exercise common sense instead of listening to the moon howlers who shout the loudest.  History tells us they were potentially going to have to foot a fairly large bill for unsold tickets and recent performances against Rangers were never going to help.   

Still weeks to go yet, maybe the LP threshold will get lowered to single digits to help sales.  We’ll maybe shift around 19,000 which will be decent. 

Once again with the lie, where was I screaming for a 50/50 split ? 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I think if we sell 19,000 the club will be relatively happy. 

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, davemclaren said:

I think if we sell 19,000 the club will be relatively happy. 

I think so too.  I’m sure they’re more realistic than some on here and they probably had a figure in mind that they were prepared to foot the bill for.  I don’t believe they thought we would sell out.  

19,000 with just a few gaps here and there in half the stadium will look much better to the team when they come out compared to seeing a lot more red white and blue with the Rangers fans taking up well over the half way point. 

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Once again with the lie, where was I screaming for a 50/50 split ? 

You were the one who said the fans were screaming for a 50/50 split.  If you weren’t then fair enough but sounds like you protest too much not to be one of them.  So which is it - you wanted a 50/50 split or you didn’t?  You were one of the fans screaming for it or you weren’t?  

IMG_1245.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

You could be right there but you can see the other side of the argument from others if you use history and facts.   

They’ve went baw deep on principal and I admire that but if we don’t sell out there’ll be a period of ridicule in the media.  

We just have to have broad shoulders and take it ,and as you say, in the long run when we get to another semi v any of the uglies no one can really complain about a reduced allocation to the club. 

I really couldn't care less what the media or those dafties on Social Media will say.

Things have changed with our support in as much as we are selling out and have a season ticket waiting list. It's right that the club have  tested the water to see it their is a bigger appetite for tickets for  a semi final against Rangers or Celtic.

If we fail to sell out them rough that's it, we won't be asking  for a 50/50 spilt going forward. 

15 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You were the one who said the fans were screaming for a 50/50 split.  If you weren’t then fair enough but sounds like you protest too much not to be one of them.  So which is it - you wanted a 50/50 split or you didn’t?  You were one of the fans screaming for it or you weren’t?  

IMG_1245.jpeg

You’re getting yourself in a right mess. Glad to see you nearly admit you made up what I was screaming for. I actually didn’t care about the allocation, knew we would struggle to sell 50 percent. However as a fanbase it is clear we wanted an even split. The club clearly felt the fans wanted that too as they really have went above and beyond to back the fans. Me and those I am going with were not going to miss out so personally it really wasn’t that important. I think it’s really shitty that the club felt it had to pay up to back the fans. If we don’t sell out the media will have a field day and we’ll need broad shoulders as they will have a point. 

Montague H Withnail

It's a bit of a rallying call from the club - if you possibly can - let's go.  The international break didn't exactly allow many of our players to recharge - we've got time to prepare for this though. Could experience the next Craig Beattie moment.

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You’re getting yourself in a right mess. Glad to see you nearly admit you made up what I was screaming for. I actually didn’t care about the allocation, knew we would struggle to sell 50 percent. However as a fanbase it is clear we wanted an even split. The club clearly felt the fans wanted that too as they really have went above and beyond to back the fans. Me and those I am going with were not going to miss out so personally it really wasn’t that important. I think it’s really shitty that the club felt it had to pay up to back the fans. If we don’t sell out the media will have a field day and we’ll need broad shoulders as they will have a point. 

There’s no need for any of this.

Just go to open sale and we will sell out.

Anyone with a buying history should be able to get tickets .

Vlad Magic
52 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Only because we've agreed to pay for any unsold tickets. They also must think we have a decent chance of selling our allocation. They wouldn't do this with the likes of Motherwell or Kilmarnock. 

So they aren’t that concerned by empty seats then. As long as they are paid for in leu.

Glad we got that cleared up 👍

2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

So they aren’t that concerned by empty seats then. As long as they are paid for in leu.

Glad we got that cleared up 👍

They will be concerned. As already said, they wouldn't do this with any other club.

6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Including Rangers fans ? 

luckydug

The logistics of Hampden mean that its either a 50/50 split or a 60/40 split. 

The second option which has happened on previous semi finals against OF means The Rangers fans have the entire North stand (good view) Hearts fans are left with behind the goal

(poor view) and corner of South Stand.

Our club is to be applauded for looking after our fans and although we may have a couple thousand unsold it's better than having Hearts fans unable to get a ticket.

We can always stick a banner over any unsold seats .

12 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

They will be concerned. As already said, they wouldn't do this with any other club.

So if hibs or Aberdeen made the same offer they would be told no ? I think you’ve e made that up. 

doctor jambo
14 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Including Rangers fans ? 

If you have a hearts buying history , then sure.

There will always be interlopers

Luckies1874

:rofl: 

Arguing over hee haw! 

The club must have a plan in place for next steps. I fail to believe that given we had another semi-final against the same opposition under 5 months ago that they didn’t have a decent grasp on likely demand. Without creative selling / marketing we were never punting 21,000 straight up. Personally I believe that the first stage was a decent one, it’s now up to them to lower the points threshold (I believe to 5 LP’s and offer the same 2 tickets. They should also allow further tickets to be bought by those who have already bought 2. They can also go down the bribe route and offer some promise to a future ticketing opportunity be it final tickets, should we make it or preferential treatment for a European away game or something similar. 

I strongly suspect they also have plans to provide tickets to some schools, charities, Big Hearts etc as it’s in keeping with their ethos. 

In short what has happened so far can be no surprise, approximately 14-15k sold. It’s what they do next that will determine how close we get to selling out. I’d expect to hear something tomorrow. 

Fozzyonthefence
19 minutes ago, Dazo said:

How exactly it was it clear that the fan base wanted a 50/50 split?  You mean the ones that shout the loudest on social media?  They tend to be the ones least worth listening to.  How many people are you actually talking about?   

I’m not sure why you’re getting yourself so worked up about this, you’ve got the same viewpoint as me - not bothered about the allocation and don’t think we will sell out.  Totally different argument for a final though. 

Luckies1874
4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

So if hibs or Aberdeen made the same offer they would be told no ? I think you’ve e made that up. 

Aberdeen were told what we’d done. They declined it knowing there was zero chance of them selling out a 12.15 semi final v Celtic. 

Fozzyonthefence
19 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Well that’s clearly pish as Aberdeen got offered the same deal as we did but their board refused because they didn’t fancy paying for thousands of unsold tickets. 

Fozzyonthefence
28 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

They can’t just make it 1 LP though as Rangers fans could then just buy a ticket for the next Hearts league game and just not bother attending. 

Bull's-eye
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

They can’t just make it 1 LP though as Rangers fans could then just buy a ticket for the next Hearts league game and just not bother attending. 

Joined up thinking.

No need for that on this thread please.

17 minutes ago, Dazo said:

It's an opinion. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

It's an opinion. 

It’s your opinion which I’ve just proved was wrong. 

11 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Well that’s clearly pish as Aberdeen got offered the same deal as we did but their board refused because they didn’t fancy paying for thousands of unsold tickets. 

I've read this posted a few times. You got a link to it? 

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

It’s your opinion which I’ve just proved was wrong. 

You haven't. You got proof that Aberdeen were offered the same deal?

8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It would be previous buying history. What a place.🙄

Fozzyonthefence

It would be previous buying history. What a place.🙄

Would it, aye?  How do you know?  So Rangers fans that have been to a previous game could buy a ticket? The board are never going to make it 1 LP anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

It's an opinion. 

It’s bollox as been proven already. 

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Would it, aye?  How do you know?  So Rangers fans that have been to a previous game could buy a ticket? The board are never going to make it 1 LP anyway. 

Calm down. You're getting yourself in a helluva state. Paranoid lunacy this idea that hundreds of Rangers have a buying history at  Hearts and would buy tickets en masse for the Hearts end. 

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

It’s bollox as been proven already. 

Except it hasn't. 

Fozzyonthefence

So nothing from Aberdeen confirming they were offered the same deal? 

Can’t you just for once admit you’re slavering shite?  You seriously think Aberdeen weren’t offered the same deal Hearts were?  Ok, the reporter says “it is believed…..”.  I doubt he / she has just made that up and I’m 100% sure Aberdeen / Cormack would have been all over the papers if they hadn’t been, given that they wanted 50/50 split don’t you?  Do you just argue for argument sake?

9 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

You haven't. You got proof that Aberdeen were offered the same deal?

Up to you if you choose not to believe what was reported. 

It's understood, though, that Aberdeen did have the offer of receiving a 50-50 split for the match against Celtic should they cover the cost of any unsold tickets in their section.

Hearts agreed an identical clause in order to secure a half-and-half split with Rangers for the upcoming Scottish Cup semi-final.

3 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

So nothing from Aberdeen confirming they were offered the same deal? 

I doubt if Aberdeen asked for the same deal as us and it got rejected Cormack would just sit there and quietly accept it.

We've just ponied up the cash for all our tickets and that might cost the club financially but the SFA will only care about maximising ticket sales which they have achieved regardless of whether we sell out or not. I doubt Aberdeen are in a position to do that.

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Sir PH said:

Calm down. You're getting yourself in a helluva state. Paranoid lunacy this idea that hundreds of Rangers have a buying history at  Hearts and would buy tickets en masse for the Hearts end. 

That’s just wishful thinking on your part. 

Except it hasn't. 

Just now, Dazo said:

Up to you if you choose not to believe what was reported. 

It's understood, though, that Aberdeen did have the offer of receiving a 50-50 split for the match against Celtic should they cover the cost of any unsold tickets in their section.

Hearts agreed an identical clause in order to secure a half-and-half split with Rangers for the upcoming Scottish Cup semi-final.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, kila said:

I doubt if Aberdeen asked for the same deal as us and it got rejected Cormack would just sit there and quietly accept it.

We've just ponied up the cash for all our tickets and that might cost the club financially but the SFA will only care about maximising ticket sales which they have achieved regardless of whether we sell out or not. I doubt Aberdeen are in a position to do that.

Exactly!

Can’t you just for once admit you’re slavering shite?  You seriously think Aberdeen weren’t offered the same deal Hearts were?  Ok, the reporter says “it is believed…..”.  I doubt he / she has just made that up and I’m 100% sure Aberdeen / Cormack would have been all over the papers if they hadn’t been, given that they wanted 50/50 split don’t you?  Do you just argue for argument sake?

Yes, I do think that. There's been nothing from Aberdeen saying that was the case. And I'd tend to believe them (you know, the folk who actually know) than you. 

That’s just wishful thinking on your part. 

Original as ever.😴

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No we can’t. 

no great unwashed among edinburghs  finest🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦and fth.....

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Sir PH said:

Original as ever.😴

If the cap fits …..

Yes, I do think that. There's been nothing from Aberdeen saying that was the case. And I'd tend to believe them (you know, the folk who actually know) than you. 

Yep Aberdeen are going to come out and say they didn’t back their fans. :rofl:

Just now, Dazo said:

Yep Aberdeen are going to come out and say they didn’t back their fans. :rofl:

Why not just come out and say exactly what deal they were offered?