Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

3 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

Just what they usually do to stop opposition fans. 5 home games a good marker I'm guesting. 

It's highly unlikely that an opposition would go out of their way to go to five Hearts home games? 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

been here before
3 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

Just what they usually do to stop opposition fans. 5 home games a good marker I'm guesting. 

2x2 home games against the Huns over 2 years =4pts

Adding that extra 1 means you're not possibly a covert currant whose only buying tickets for those games.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m just going to buy mine tomorrow at the ticket office. Won’t be 7000 but a fair amount will likely do the same. 

Of course, didnt really take tomorrows game into account 👍

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

Hearts should just release all sections now. People have preferences so would simply let those holding off buy now. 

A couple of days delay before dropping the points at least gives the ticket office staff time to allocate and post out the first lot of tickets before the next rush. 

9 minutes ago, been here before said:

2x2 home games against the Huns over 2 years =4pts

Adding that extra 1 means you're not possibly a covert currant whose only buying tickets for those games.

And it wouldn't take Columbo to check if the games you had bought tickets for were Rangers games. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

I reckon it will still sell out . It needs to be dropped to 5 LP though.  Don’t see why they don’t just drop it now . No good reason no to . 

Probably after walk up purchases tomm 

HopeDiouf
2 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

And it wouldn't take Columbo to check if the games you had bought tickets for were Rangers games. 

Would requires manual intervention rather than online booking for anyone with 5 points.  5 seems a good plan to keep the smellies away.

Edited by HopeDiouf

Shaggy2
26 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Why is the figure of 5 loyalty points being banded about? Why not 4 points? 

Possibly suggested by those on 5 loyalty points who can still make use of the one kids ticket they bought for Ross County last season, or the £5 ticket away to Basaksehir. 
If anything, should be as many as required rather than just two, to someone on 20+ and trust them to hand to bona fide Hearts supporters. If you want to go to a semi and you don’t know a Hearts ST holder who will help you out, I suspect you’re a Rangers sympathiser. 

been here before
9 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Probably about as much effort as making a max of 5 games in 2 years.

Shooter McGavin

Just need all the s*itebags who are waiting in the wings, and will be desperate to get their hands on a cup final ticket should we go through, to stop being s*itebags really 👍

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Probably about as much effort as making a max of 5 games in 2 years.

I couldn't care less if it's fair weather fans and families attending their yearly game. The priority should be to fill the seats and get as many Hearts leaning fans in the stadium as possible.  

Edited by Sir PH

11 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Possibly suggested by those on 5 loyalty points who can still make use of the one kids ticket they bought for Ross County last season, or the £5 ticket away to Basaksehir. 
If anything, should be as many as required rather than just two, to someone on 20+ and trust them to hand to bona fide Hearts supporters. If you want to go to a semi and you don’t know a Hearts ST holder who will help you out, I suspect you’re a Rangers sympathiser. 

Hearts fans come from all over. Not all of them will know a ST holder.

been here before

I couldn't care less if it's fair weather fans and families buying attending their yearly game. The priority should be to fill the seats and get as many Hearts leaning fans in the stadium as possible.  

And thats what they're doing, just nkt in a way that suits cup final punters such as yourself.

Might just need to get over it for a while.

Edited by been here before

Ricardo Quaresma
15 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Good point there

Just now, been here before said:

And thats what they're doing, just nkt in a way that suits cup final punters such as yourself.

Well in that case there will potentially be thousands of empty seats and it will cost Hearts a lot of money, and also see our next semi allocation cut to about 17k.

As for your usual smart arse comment regarding cup finals. Not everybody can afford season tickets or make a lot of home games due to work, family and other reasons. But you probably know that. 

Luckies1874

Be some what strange if they drop the LP threshold as low as 5 points when we have seen them happy to leave hundreds of empty seats at Tynecastle and refuse to drop the LP's below 15 pts for games against the Old Firm! By the way this is not me saying they shouldn't do it just that it would be a weird stance to take given the alleged reasons for having that policy. 

I'm hoping the club have some creative ideas as how they are going to shift another 6-7000 tickets. Frankly they should be announcing that anyone who buys a semi ticket gets first dibs on the final or some additional perk next season as right now it looks like they have badly miscalculated the appetite for this match. As well as potentially dropping the LP's they should just allow those with 20+ to buy more. 

Edited by Luckies1874

been here before

Well in that case there will potentially be thousands of empty seats and it will cost Hearts a lot of money, and also see our next semi allocation cut to about 17k.

As for your usual smart arse comment regarding cup finals. Not everybody can afford season tickets or make a lot of home games due to work, family and other reasons. But you probably know that. 

No-one is talking about affording ST or make a lot of home games.

You claim you went to the last cup final theres 2 points I think from memory.

So only 3 pts needed in 2 years, hardly into the realms of needing a ST or making a lot of home games. You could get 5pts in 2 or 3 games over 2 years.

But you probably know that.

alicante jambo
6 minutes ago, been here before said:

So only 3 pts needed in 2 years, hardly into the realms of needing a ST or making a lot of home games. You could get 5pts in 2 or 3 games over 2 years.

Wee bit off course here mate but is loyalty points getting given for this game?

1 minute ago, been here before said:

I claimed I was at it? Why on earth would anybody lie about that? 

And have you any answer to Hearts losing thousands of pounds, loads of empty seats and our next allocation being slashed? 

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Be some what strange if they drop the LP threshold as low as 5 points when we have seen them happy to leave hundreds of empty seats at Tynecastle and refuse to drop the LP's below 15 pts for games against the Old Firm! By the way this is not me saying they shouldn't do it just that it would be a weird stance to take given the alleged reasons for having that policy. 

I'm hoping the club have some creative ideas as how they are going to shift another 6-7000 tickets. Frankly they should be announcing that anyone who buys a semi ticket gets first dibs on the final or some additional perk next season as right now it looks like they have badly miscalculated the appetite for this match. As well as potentially dropping the LP's they should just allow those with 20+ to buy more. 

We are not responsible/liable for the security at Hampden. 

been here before
2 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Aye 2 and for some odd reason they've already been added.

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Was 2pts for the League Cup semi-final.

Luckies1874
Just now, davemclaren said:

We are not responsible/liable for the security at Hampden. 

Sure but are we not responsible for who we sell the tickets to? If not why would they not just make it anyone with a customer reference number?! 

Luckies1874
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Hmmm, that is a strange one. Wonder if that has anything to do with whatever purchasing criteria they are going to use next. They have to surely have thought this all through before making the financial decision they did.

been here before
3 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

I claimed I was at it? Why on earth would anybody lie about that? 

And have you any answer to Hearts losing thousands of pounds, loads of empty seats and our next allocation being slashed? 

Answer to what?

You've stated an opinion in a state of pique based on tickets sales that only began 48 hrs ago.

Theres been nothing at all from the club about future plans for a game thats still a month away and you've taken it as read that itll only go as low as 5 because some folk on here have suggested it :rofl:

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Sure but are we not responsible for who we sell the tickets to? If not why would they not just make it anyone with a customer reference number?! 

Aberdeen are adopting an even less rigorous approach than us at present.  I imagine clubs have to take 'reasonable steps' to not sell to opposition supporters. 

Ricardo Quaresma
9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Should have made it 2 per ST 

Pretty sure it is 2 for 20+ LPs

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Answer to what?

You've stated an opinion in a state of pique based on tickets sales that only began 48 hrs ago.

Theres been nothing at all from the club about future plans for a game thats still a month away and you've taken it as read that itll only go as low as 5 because some folk on here have suggested it :rofl:

Do you think we'll sell out if it only goes as low as 5 LP's? 

Percival King
17 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Maybe it's too much hassle for the club to organise but putting on buses from Tynecastle might appeal to folk. The club have done that on and off down the years and did that for the semi in 2012. I assume there are folk who might be put off by the hassle of making their own way through but a bus directly to Hampden might make a difference. Or maybe everyone attending could get a free "signed" t-shirt like we were given for another semi (might have been the infamous 20 seconds silence for the Pope semi).

been here before
Just now, Sir PH said:

Do you think we'll sell out if it only goes as low as 5 LP's? 

No idea, I've no idea of the sales. I've no idea what plans the club have for future sales over the next few weeks.

Like you.

Unlike you though I'm not losing my shit about it based on nothing more than the suggestions of a couple of posters on here.

alicante jambo
14 minutes ago, been here before said:

Thanks very much.

been here before
10 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Hmmm, that is a strange one. Wonder if that has anything to do with whatever purchasing criteria they are going to use next. They have to surely have thought this all through before making the financial decision they did.

I wonder if its a time saving thing. The only game between now and the semi where LPs are needed is St Mirren away and thats already a sell out.

Be as well chucking them on now, save time doing it later.

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

No idea, I've no idea of the sales. I've no idea what plans the club have for future sales over the next few weeks.

Like you.

Unlike you though I'm not losing my shit about it based on nothing more than the suggestions of a couple of posters on here.

Nobody is "losing their shit" apart from you going off on one at reasonable questions being asked. 

been here before
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

Nobody is "losing their shit" apart from you going off on one at reasonable questions being asked. 

Funny as **** if it stops at 5 though :rofl:

Ricardo Quaresma

So they have, aye, 2 points added 🤔

Not added Tomorrow's game, yet, though, bought that Ticket weeks ago

Daveandal
2 hours ago, Chong said:

Just for clarification, my additions are 3 Hearts fans and my football despising partner. So while not a Hearts fan in the truest sense she definitely isn't a zombie, promise!

🙂 I was only being semi serious.

I think the club has don't brilliantly here and of course the LP level will drop in due course.

10 minutes ago, been here before said:

Funny as **** if it stops at 5 though :rofl:

Yeah. Hearts losing money, thousands of empty seats meaning less backing for the team and our allocation being slashed for the next semi, would be a right old laugh.

been here before
5 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Yeah. Hearts losing money, thousands of empty seats meaning less backing for the team and our allocation being slashed for the next semi, would be a right old laugh.

"Thousands of empty seats" that could be populated by the thousands of folk who can can only manage 3 games over 2 years.

The team generally manages without the backing of these "thousands" every game they play.

#stop@5

:rofl:

Swanny17

If we don’t look like selling out in the week of the game, I’d genuinely have no issue with Hearts giving all the remaining tickets to Big Hearts and local schools. We’re going to have to pay for them anyway so let’s use them.  I don’t think it’ll come to that though tbf. 

been here before
3 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

If we don’t look like selling out in the week of the game, I’d genuinely have no issue with Hearts giving all the remaining tickets to Big Hearts and local schools. We’re going to have to pay for them anyway so let’s use them.  I don’t think it’ll come to that though tbf. 

Excellent call.

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

Got to imagine that around 80-90% of ST holders have bought already, therefore we really need the 7k on the waiting list to step up here.

I was quite hopeful we'd sell out after the first day sales, but looks like the brakes have slammed on a bit.

I’ve just bought 3. All season ticket holders. Had to wait for family to arrange time off work. Probably others in similar situations.

coatbridgejambo
4 hours ago, been here before said:

I can see them now. Fake orange tan, thick black daubed on eyebrows, big plastic nails, constantly glued to their phones talking at 100 mph, every second sentence "oh my god", pick up their bairns from school wearing jammies and fake ugg boots.

As long as they buy tickets 👍

ToadKiller Dog

No reason at all to drop to 5 LPs at this stage ,keep it at 20 LP until at least middle of next week , payday today for many will sell more as will there be people before the game tomorrow buying .

Loads of time left to reduce and sell remaining  tickets.

been here before

Mine just arrived.

Excellent job from the TO staff.

theshed

As has been said already, win next 3 games and it will sell out, bad results in next 3 games and will be plenty empty seats 

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, theshed said:

As has been said already, win next 3 games and it will sell out, bad results in next 3 games and will be plenty empty seats 

If that’s what people base their decision for buying a semi final ticket on then we are better off without them.  

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

So they have, aye, 2 points added 🤔

Not added Tomorrow's game, yet, though, bought that Ticket weeks ago

Looking at e-tickets, LPs for 'normal' away games get added manually post-match.

Given the huge number of tickets for this one, it's likely just easier to add them to begin with rather than re-visiting each account.

Luckies1874
33 minutes ago, theshed said:

You really think people care about us beating Killie, St Mirren and Livvy? I don't think that factors into many peoples thoughts at all. Out with those feeling the financial pinch by far and away (and it isn't close) the reason for people not bothering is the fact we have never beaten Rangers at Hampden in our history and twice in the last 2 years have gone their and been routinely pumped. Yes, it took till ET in the Cup Final before we went behind but Neilson's side could still be playing now and not have scored and we never laid a glove on them. The semi performance in November was perhaps even worse. Add in that we lost 5-0 in Glasgow to them recently and some feel we haven't a prayer and have been there and done that. 

My opinion is that it has to happen sometime and you only need look at the 2012 semi v the other cheek, when nobody gave us a hope, to see what can happen. I'd be too scared to miss it when it does not to go but it's our chance of success being minimal which is putting people off. Hopefully Naismith will have us ready this time. 

Edited by Luckies1874