Batistuta87

jamboinglasgow
27 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Pretty decent hire if true. Expensive though I’d imagine. 

Always seemed a decent manager, but I do wonder if he is a better international manager than a club manager.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• Batistuta87

• Wee Mikey

Mikey1874

Walking out on N.Ireland for the second time certainly changes his reputation.

Wee Mikey

If Aberdeen push the boat out for a 'big name' manager without backing that appointment with serious funds for re-building then I'd predict a continuation of their soap opera.

It's going to be costly one way or another and they are approaching a tipping point, if not already there.

18 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Always seemed a decent manager, but I do wonder if he is a better international manager than a club manager.

Did a good job at Shamrock Rovers but struggled at Stoke. That league’s a managers graveyard but he would’ve had a top half budget to work with and he didn’t have them at that level. I think he’s a decent manager but Cormack’s the problem there, not whoever’s got the managers job for the next six months. 

buzzbomb1958
3 minutes ago, Zico said:

Did a good job at Shamrock Rovers but struggled at Stoke. That league’s a managers graveyard but he would’ve had a top half budget to work with and he didn’t have them at that level. I think he’s a decent manager but Cormack’s the problem there, not whoever’s got the managers job for the next six months. 

Aberdeen will not go anywhere not until they stop living in the 80s , still living on past glories still waiting on a new stadium, even upgrading their shithole will take serious money will need serious investment 

soonbe110
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Could be.  We will find out soon if rumours are true.  Always thought he might manage us one day. 

boag1874
10 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

They're a shambles! 

https://www.afc.co.uk/2024/03/11/club-statement-football-review-update/

So the "new manager is well down the line" was nonsense and their interim manager has left, so they've appointed another interim manager while they review applications and conduct interviews. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Interesting quote from the article

"Chief Executive Alan Burrows commented: “At the turn of the year, the Club instructed a football consultancy group, BPTC, headed by Bernhard Peters, to conduct a holistic review of our football operation.

“Bernhard is widely recognised as one of the most successful youth academy / high performance architects in the industry. He has a storied reputation in the Bundesliga, having previously served as Sporting Director for Hamburger SV and Director of high performance for TSG Hoffenheim."

Don't want to get anyone's hopes up too much but Hamburg did get relegated under his stewardship for the first time in their history... 

I've been a good boy this year Santa, please lets see a repeat of history

Batistuta87
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Interesting quote from the article

Don't want to get anyone's hopes up too much but Hamburg did get relegated under his stewardship for the first time in their history... 

I've been a good boy this year Santa, please lets see a repeat of history

Aye... Such a good reputation in the Bundesliga that in his only *actual* job as DoF, his team were relegated and he's no longer working in the league - or even the one under. Instead he's working as some sort of consultant - and again not in a permanent role - for the mighty Aberdeen.  

Edited by Batistuta87

Japan Jambo
25 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

They're a shambles! 

So the "new manager is well down the line" was nonsense and their interim manager has left, so they've appointed another interim manager while they review applications and conduct interviews. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Where is reporter in the field, when we need to chew the cud? @IveSeenTheLight

henrysmithsgloves
25 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

They're a shambles! 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

It was supposedly brora rangers ex manager Craig Camp­bell,but he went too far down the line🤔

RustyRightPeg

Feel the hard work Burrows did at Motherwell is slowly being unraveled here and his reputation is starting to take some damage. 

I suspect Cormack is more to blame but Burrows is front and center taking the punches. 

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Feel the hard work Burrows did at Motherwell is slowly being unraveled here and his reputation is starting to take some damage. 

I suspect Cormack is more to blame but Burrows is front and center taking the punches. 

Maybe Burrows doesn't have a clue after all?? 

Weebroon98

so they appoint an interim manager to be replaced by an another interim manager who leaves to be replaced by the original interim manager. what a basket case of a club. long may it continue

RustyRightPeg
28 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Maybe Burrows doesn't have a clue after all?? 

Well, did a good job at Motherwell in fairness to him. Suppose there's less on the field pressure there.

Wee Mikey
3 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Bernhard Peters is just Wee Lee's stage name, eh?

They'd make a great double act.

Batistuta87
7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Well, did a good job at Motherwell in fairness to him. Suppose there's less on the field pressure there.

He did a good job of the day-to-day running of the club and was very good with the fans - super transparent, listened to them, and was very hands-on, but from a footballing point of view in terms of appointing staff and things like that, maybe not so much. Just speculating obviously - I've no idea.

boag1874
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Aye it’s a very different job, Aberdeen have a bigger budget to work with which should = more success but with that comes more pressure to get it right, he’ll get away with much less mistakes or errors of judgement than at Motherwell.

It’s similar to why I’m always dubious about us going for a manager that gets teams “punching above their weight”, that’s very good but how will you fare at a team who expects wins and against teams that are happy to play for a draw against you? Obviously different jobs but the increase in pressure is the same.

Mikey1874
5 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Aye it’s a very different job, Aberdeen have a bigger budget to work with which should = more success but with that comes more pressure to get it right, he’ll get away with much less mistakes or errors of judgement than at Motherwell.

It’s similar to why I’m always dubious about us going for a manager that gets teams “punching above their weight”, that’s very good but how will you fare at a team who expects wins and against teams that are happy to play for a draw against you? Obviously different jobs but the increase in pressure is the same.

Big of a different structure at Aberdeen. Seem to have several leaders. 

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

They're a shambles! 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yep.  Makes you wonder if Cormack spun that line to Warnock too just to save money.  Some strange shenanigans going on behind the scenes.  Cormack now getting his come-uppance for appointing "football consultants".  Even Willie Miller  could have given better advice than them

Edited by Lone Striker

RustyRightPeg
40 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

I also think Cormack will move the goalposts a lot more.

Seems at Motherwell he got the reigns and did what he thought was right. At Aberdeen, I don't think he has the same flexibility (probably not what he signed up for in truth).

Batistuta87
32 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Yep.  Makes you wonder if Cormack spun that line to Warnock too just to save money.  Some strange shenanigans going on behind the scenes.  Cormack now getting his come-uppance for appointing "football consultants".  Even Willie Miller  could have given better advice than them

Warnock won't have been cheap though. 

Looks to me like they've told him at the weekend that he's to win or he's away, and he's walked anyway. 

boag1874
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I also think Cormack will move the goalposts a lot more.

Seems at Motherwell he got the reigns and did what he thought was right. At Aberdeen, I don't think he has the same flexibility (probably not what he signed up for in truth).

Thats very true

JimmyCant
6 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

He did a good job of the day-to-day running of the club and was very good with the fans - super transparent, listened to them, and was very hands-on, but from a footballing point of view in terms of appointing staff and things like that, maybe not so much. Just speculating obviously - I've no idea.

I think he’d be a decent CEO or other senior administrator. The problem seems to me to be all aspects of the club being micro managed by Cormack and the only guy who believes Cormack is fit for purpose is Cormack himself. Burrows needs Cormack to slip back into the shadows or it’s a waste of time him being there.

IMO you don’t go through managers at that sort of rate unless something is seriously wrong above that level. 

They’ve actually got a decent squad core up there and a few players I’d be happy to see at Hearts, but they’ve got zero stability, no clear plan, fragile belief, probably not that much available money( Despite the Euro campaign) and a fan base about ready to chuck the towel in if this next appointment isn’t the right one

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Please let them get relegated! 

A County win on Wed would be doubly pleasing and although not wanted, it would soften any blow should we have a shocker on Saturday!

1971fozzy

Rumour is Warnock was on £250,000 to take it until the end of the season , which is mental if true (suppose it’s a lot less seeing he walked). But it shows how desperate they are.  Why would any manager worth their salt take that gig before they have appointed their technical director etc .

I really hope Dundee and Motherwell turn them over the next 2 games.

chuck in a Ross County win v the vermin and it would be skid marks all round

Edited by 1971fozzy

jbee647
7 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Very good chance Burrows will be next to walk… watch this space 😊

kingantti1874

They are an absolute joke, an audit of the football

iperations by some academy director.

who will undoubtedly recommend they hire a DOF and a decent manager. 

Fishing town FC are a joke

SectionDJambo

We have a stadium that is making us money. Aberdeen have a stadium that is costing them money, with no viable alternative plan to upgrade or replace it. Even Hibs have taken the hit to have a stadium that, whilst not a money maker, shouldn't be a financial millstone around their neck.

Quite pleasing really, in that Aberdeen and others sought to do us harm during Covid and we've come out of that dark period stronger than before.

Aberdeen and Hibs will probably achieve a few results against in the future but we are in a great position to consolidate our position of 3rd and think of how we can get closer to the bigots over the next few seasons. Difficult, but not impossible.

Batistuta87
15 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

We have a stadium that is making us money. Aberdeen have a stadium that is costing them money, with no viable alternative plan to upgrade or replace it. Even Hibs have taken the hit to have a stadium that, whilst not a money maker, shouldn't be a financial millstone around their neck.

Quite pleasing really, in that Aberdeen and others sought to do us harm during Covid and we've come out of that dark period stronger than before.

Aberdeen and Hibs will probably achieve a few results against in the future but we are in a great position to consolidate our position of 3rd and think of how we can get closer to the bigots over the next few seasons. Difficult, but not impossible.

"But the cooncil are piyin hawf" 

🤣

It's absolutely gobsmacking the extent to which they've not taken advantage of the opportunities that've come their way. Multiple shady non-relegations, then ourselves and the huns out of the league due to finances, and Hibs due to utter incompetence, then us being horsed down to the Championship to somehow sneaking into Europe this year.

And they're still utter pony, with an unbalanced squad, no manager and a shithole of a stadium!

Shame...🤭

Wee Mikey
13 hours ago, Craig_ said:

It's absolutely gobsmacking the extent to which they've not taken advantage of the opportunities that've come their way. Multiple shady non-relegations, then ourselves and the huns out of the league due to finances, and Hibs due to utter incompetence, then us being horsed down to the Championship to somehow sneaking into Europe this year.

And they're still utter pony, with an unbalanced squad, no manager and a shithole of a stadium!

Shame...🤭

Someone on another thread (or this one) nailed it.

The rot is at the very top of that club.

We all know where the buck stops.

Until the current owner either steps down or the club goes belly up and they start again?

Doomed to a downwards spiral ...

... Doomed they are ....

...Doomed, I tell ye ...

Doomed ...

Interesting piece on Talksport with White and Jordan talking about Warnock's departure.  Simon Jordan knows Warnock well, having employed him as manager when he owned Crystal Palace and he seems to hold Warnock in high regard as a manager and still maintains contact with him.

He said he'd spoken to Warnock after his departure from the sheep, and while he said he wasn't going to divulge anything that had been discussed in confidence with Warnock, he went on to give some heavy hints that all was not well with Warnock's relationship with a certain individual in the hierarchy at Aberdeen.

I was scratching my head wondering who that individual might be.  I mean, who in the Aberdeen hierarchy could anyone think was a total dick?  

On 11/03/2024 at 18:12, SectionDJambo said:

Well said 

We have come out of Covid flying financially a small blip on field not getting 3rd last season but 4th was not a disaster.

Really need to hammer home our 3rd place next season.

Bazzas right boot

I rarely care about other results too much, but a Ross County win tonight would probably be the best non Hearts result of the season.

Hibs beat and the Aberdeen arses collapsing all in the same night.

MNeE7.jpg

jamboinglasgow

With the guy they have doing consultancy work on the Aberdeen set up. He does have great pedigree in Germany but its like a lot of consultancy work where he can come in and point out everything they need to change however if the board decides a lot of it is not worth doing because of cost then they wont. So often its the cheapest recommendations that are put in place.

John Findlay
On 10/03/2024 at 20:28, Wee Mikey said:

they are approaching a tipping point.

Ben Shepherd is going to be their new manager? It's certainly thinking out of the machine😉

GorgieFifeLife

More often than not consultants are people who have failed in the job they are now consulting on.  Come in and point out the obvious and take a fortune for doing so.  Running a football operation is not rocket science and if you don’t have the right people within the club who should be able to do that then they should not be there.  Aberdeen fans are probably regretting hounding out McInness now in their search of ‘total football’ which will just never exist in this league even for the arse cheeks.  They need a safe appointment and Robbie Neilson would fit the bill for what they need at this time.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Derek Rae based in Germany has done paywall piece on him.

Would imagine the millions the founder of SAP ploughed into Hoffenheim was a much more significant factor..

Cambo_Jambo

I really strongly dislike Aberdeen. 

Obviously Hibs are the local rivals but I don't really see them as a properly 'sporting' rival given that in terms of overall success and our head to head records over time show that we've broadly got the beating of them. In a sense, we're 'lucky' to have a local rival that's always playing in the same league as us so is satisfying to beat while also being regularly significantly worse than us.

Aberdeen is a proper sporting rivalry given that we seem to be the consensus picks for '3rd biggest team' discussion.

Even then, when you really dig into it, half their trophies were won in the 8 years that Ferguson was there so it feels like more of a blip than a sustained success thing.

Self confessed absolutely raging at their 2 continental cup wins.

Mikey1874
13 minutes ago, Cambo_Jambo said:

I really strongly dislike Aberdeen. 

Obviously Hibs are the local rivals but I don't really see them as a properly 'sporting' rival given that in terms of overall success and our head to head records over time show that we've broadly got the beating of them. In a sense, we're 'lucky' to have a local rival that's always playing in the same league as us so is satisfying to beat while also being regularly significantly worse than us.

Aberdeen is a proper sporting rivalry given that we seem to be the consensus picks for '3rd biggest team' discussion.

Even then, when you really dig into it, half their trophies were won in the 8 years that Ferguson was there so it feels like more of a blip than a sustained success thing.

Self confessed absolutely raging at their 2 continental cup wins.

As per the other thread, beating Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup final is a big step in settling the debate.

Neil Lennon

Michael O’Neil

Alex Neil

So far the names touted. I see a theme developing maybe the guru they’ve hired has a faulted computer and is searching for Neil only! 

merrymac
18 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Neil Lennon

Michael O’Neil

Alex Neil

So far the names touted. I see a theme developing maybe the guru they’ve hired has a faulted computer and is searching for Neil only! 

another one in the frame?

YARN | My name's Neil. | The Young Ones (1982) - S01E02 Oil ...

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

Would imagine the millions the founder of SAP ploughed into Hoffenheim was a much more significant factor..

Didn't the guy relegate Hamburg as well, or rather was involved at the time.  They're still there.

Shipwrecked

This warms my heart to see how delusional the sheep are (assuming they are all fans and not just interlopers having a laugh). Can just imagine the stampede of foreign managers wanting to take on a squad that has got through 4 managers, in a creaking stadium.  with a trigger happy chairman. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68550171

davemclaren
49 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Neil Lennon

Michael O’Neil

Alex Neil

Neilson? 🥸

jamboozy
8 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I rarely care about other results too much, but a Ross County win tonight would probably be the best non Hearts result of the season.

Hibs beat and the Aberdeen arses collapsing all in the same night.

MNeE7.jpg

:glorious: