Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• Batistuta87

• Wee Mikey

jock _turd
59 minutes ago, Smithian said:

Derek McInnes reunion in the summer?

Honestly? Can you really imagine re-hiring someone you bulleted simply because the fans wanted him out? That would be the weirdest thing , they are suddenly going to say we were wrong he is the man for us? 😄

Edited by jock _turd

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Smithian said:

Derek McInnes reunion in the summer?

him and Dave don’t get on

FarmerTweedy

I think we're about at the stage where we can crack out the old joke about manager of the month usually being an award that’s handed out, but at Aberdeen it's a job title! 

FarmerTweedy
55 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Honestly? Can you really imagine re-hiring someone you bulleted simply because the fans wanted him out? That would be the weirdest thing , they are suddenly going to say we were wrong he is the man for us? 😄

Would McInnes even want to go back?  I know that on the face of it they're a much bigger club than Kilmarnock, but he seems very popular at Killie, they seem a fairly stable, well-run club, while Aberdeen seem to generally be a shambles of a club, with an arsehole of a chairman, and fans who don't like him.  I think he might well just prefer to stay where he is and see how far he can take Killie.

jock _turd
8 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Would McInnes even want to go back?  I know that on the face of it they're a much bigger club than Kilmarnock, but he seems very popular at Killie, they seem a fairly stable, well-run club, while Aberdeen seem to generally be a shambles of a club, with an arsehole of a chairman, and fans who don't like him.  I think he might well just prefer to stay where he is and see how far he can take Killie.

Not only that he would be employable after working at Killie a return to the sheep shed would be his end as a manager. Any way he is not going back there because the fans have already told him his football is shite and he can do one!

Edited by jock _turd

Kennyfragg13

Noticed warnock did not even react to any of there goals

5 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Not only that he would be employable after working at Killie a return to the sheep shed would be his end as a manager. Any way he is not going back there because the fans have already told him his football is shite and he can do one!

Think its likely to be either him or Stephen Robinson - given the link with the Alan Burrows having worked with him at Motherwell. 

I'm not sure if McInnes would take the Dons job either. Obviously the way things ended wasn't great, and I suspect he's enjoying a lot of power and trust at Killie. Could just be pretty happy right now.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

My Aberdeen mate doesn't want McInnes because he plays hoofball, doesn't want Bob because he's boring,  doesn't want Lennon or O'Neil as they're " Tim *****" and doesn't want Neil as he's a hun cumt.

He liked Glass tho....

Unbelievable how some fans view football. 

McInnes or Bob instantly make them a top 4 side, but nope. 

**** knows what they want.

They deserve to be shite and go down.

Cameronstheman

The Aberdeen job just isn't the job it was in the  past, i mean WTF  thought Warnock was the answer 

Id put money NW  was demanding one last shot in charge or he would kick up ****, It was win win win for him Re of the outcome

I hope they opt for that rat Lennon now

jamboinglasgow

The Warnock appointment has been bizarre from start to finish. Getting a manager who is semi-retired, no experience of Scottish football but is a name in to manage till the end of the season. I would imagine he will be getting a decent amount to come up here. Then he walks off having not a won a league game, with mixed messages over whether they are close to a manager or not.

I do think it smacks of a owner (Cormack) who sacks Robson but does not quite know what he wants to do next. So he quickly hires a big name to take charge till the end of the season to placate the fans. But has there been any indication from Aberdeen what kind of manager they are wanting to recruit? We gave an idea initially, though we ended up with Naismith which was different from what we initially said, there was reasons people could see. It feels like Aberdeen are just being vague.

Thomaso
1 hour ago, Cameronstheman said:

The Aberdeen job just isn't the job it was in the  past, i mean WTF  thought Warnock was the answer 

Id put money NW  was demanding one last shot in charge or he would kick up ****, It was win win win for him Re of the outcome

Not me! Scottish football needs that inflammatory ginger shit back like a hole in the head!

pettigrewsstylist

3rd biggest club in Scotland. 2 gold stars. Shame to see

🖕🖕🖕🖕

1 hour ago, OTT said:

I'm not sure if McInnes would take the Dons job either. Obviously the way things ended wasn't great, and I suspect he's enjoying a lot of power and trust at Killie. Could just be pretty happy right now.

My thoughts as well, he probably has a much bigger say in things at Killie than he did latterly at Aberdeen and doesn't have a walloper of a Chairman who thinks he knows best.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Think its likely to be either him or Stephen Robinson - given the link with the Alan Burrows having worked with him at Motherwell. 

Can’t see it being McInnes, don’t think he’ll put up with Cormack’s shit. Steve Tosh on Twitter suggesting it’s a British manager currently employed - doesn’t narrow things down much but with the Burrows connection, might well be Robinson. I hope so as that has Goodwin MkII written all over it. Gone by Christmas!

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Cameronstheman said:

I'd love that. They absolutely deserve each other! 

2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'd love that. They absolutely deserve each other! 

Add to that the majority of their fans seem dead set against Lennon so would go into meltdown.  If he didn't hit the ground running they'd be calling for his head and holding protests.

Surely Mr Colgate isn't that far out of touch with the fans that he'd make an appointment like that.  

28 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The Warnock appointment has been bizarre from start to finish. Getting a manager who is semi-retired, no experience of Scottish football but is a name in to manage till the end of the season. I would imagine he will be getting a decent amount to come up here. Then he walks off having not a won a league game, with mixed messages over whether they are close to a manager or not.

I do think it smacks of a owner (Cormack) who sacks Robson but does not quite know what he wants to do next. So he quickly hires a big name to take charge till the end of the season to placate the fans. But has there been any indication from Aberdeen what kind of manager they are wanting to recruit? We gave an idea initially, though we ended up with Naismith which was different from what we initially said, there was reasons people could see. It feels like Aberdeen are just being vague.

Bizarre is exactly the word that springs to mind. Given their situation of seriously needing to pick up points to make the top 6 (and now potentially to avoid a relegation play-off) it would surely have made more sense to go for someone with plenty experience of this league. Add to that the fact that they waited until the transfer window had shut to make the change of manager, so whoever they appointed couldn't bring in even a couple of new players. You also wonder, if the club and Warnock had agreed to part ways in the middle of last week, why wait until after today's game? The board just come across as clueless and making it up as they go along.

FarmerTweedy
4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Add to that the majority of their fans seem dead set against Lennon so would go into meltdown.  If he didn't hit the ground running they'd be calling for his head and holding protests.

Surely Mr Colgate isn't that far out of touch with the fans that he'd make an appointment like that.  

Popcorn sales in Scotland would go through the roof!

FarmerTweedy
13 minutes ago, Zico said:

Can’t see it being McInnes, don’t think he’ll put up with Cormack’s shit. Steve Tosh on Twitter suggesting it’s a British manager currently employed - doesn’t narrow things down much but with the Burrows connection, might well be Robinson. I hope so as that has Goodwin MkII written all over it. Gone by Christmas!

In many ways, Robinson is the obvious, although slightly unambitious and unimaginative choice!

1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Popcorn sales in Scotland would go through the roof!

Yes, I fear the price of popcorn could sore due to overwhelming demand.  Thankfully, I've been stockpiling so won't be affected.

2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

In many ways, Robinson is the obvious, although slightly unambitious and unimaginative choice!

I agree, appointing a manager who has St Mirren punching above their weight seems a logical choice.  What could possibly go wrong?

3 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Tony Docherty along similar lines, although he’ll presumably be well aware of Highland Vlad being a total knob. 

glynnlondon

Female appointment ?

Aberdeen version of Cherie Lunghi

16665295738_80cdacff4c_b.thumb.jpg.e70fb5a2f3a444c4f913e4a29dc5a54f.jpg

Could do a job ?

FarmerTweedy
4 minutes ago, stirlo said:

Bizarre is exactly the word that springs to mind. Given their situation of seriously needing to pick up points to make the top 6 (and now potentially to avoid a relegation play-off) it would surely have made more sense to go for someone with plenty experience of this league. Add to that the fact that they waited until the transfer window had shut to make the change of manager, so whoever they appointed couldn't bring in even a couple of new players. You also wonder, if the club and Warnock had agreed to part ways in the middle of last week, why wait until after today's game? The board just come across as clueless and making it up as they go along.

Part of me thinks the bit in bold was probably deliberate as they were sure they wouldn't achieve anything of note this season but also thought they wouldn't be in any danger so wanted to avoid a new (or interim) manager looking to spend significant cash in January, but then the flipside of that is that Warnock surely wouldn't have been cheap!  In reality, I think they simply have a chairman and board who are utterly clueless, and incapable of learning from their myriad mistakes! 

Shanks said no

I'll have a punt on Tony Docherty, based on nothing more than he was at Pittodrie today on the BBC commentary team, former assistant to McInnes up there and being more successful than Aberdeen with Dundee,

3 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Part of me thinks the bit in bold was probably deliberate as they were sure they wouldn't achieve anything of note this season but also thought they wouldn't be in any danger so wanted to avoid a new (or interim) manager looking to spend significant cash in January, but then the flipside of that is that Warnock surely wouldn't have been cheap!  In reality, I think they simply have a chairman and board who are utterly clueless, and incapable of learning from their myriad mistakes! 

It's possible it was deliberate - although that assumes there is some method to their madness, which seems doubtful! Perhaps they should set up a 'football monitoring board monitoring board' as the monitoring board itself doesn't seem to be particularly effective! 

8 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

In reality, I think they simply have a chairman and board who are utterly clueless, and incapable of learning from their myriad mistakes! 

Absolutely this, Cormack seems like the biggest narcissist in Scottish football, though Brenda runs him pretty close.  A narcissist can never learn from their mistakes, because they just never make any.  It's always someone else that's to blame.

2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Absolutely this, Cormack seems like the biggest narcissist in Scottish football, though Brenda runs him pretty close.  A narcissist can never learn from their mistakes, because they just never make any.  It's always someone else that's to blame.

Would explain the tears when he bulleted Goodwin - the pain of a self-centred narcissist having to admit he got it wrong.

Probably hired Warnock to distract the punters away from his bad decisions, knowing it was a stunt.

15 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Would explain the tears when he bulleted Goodwin - the pain of a self-centred narcissist having to admit he got it wrong.

Probably hired Warnock to distract the punters away from his bad decisions, knowing it was a stunt.

I agree, he wasn't feeling sorry for Goodwin, he was feeling sorry for himself.

Also, narcissists can't handle criticism.  Look at the way Cormack reacts whenever criticism is levelled at him or the Board.

I remember that shit show of an appearance he made on Sportsound when his buddy Stephen Glass was manager and overseeing a dire run of results.  He was very aggressive towards those questioning the appointment, another narcissistic trait.

He kept banging on about how the data showed they were doing much better than their actual results, that Glass was doing a good job and eventually the results would start to align with the data.  They didn't and shortly afterwards he sacked Glass.

6 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Imagine the meltdown 😂

th-2760469448.jpg

I was more thinking it would be Jack Ross

SomethingAboutObua

The main rumour is its someone based in central Scotland with a team/club that they need their release negotiated

Main names on social media that first came up were Robinson, obviously, McInnes and Clarke. My guess is a lot of them up there didn't realise Michael O'Neil lives in Scotland/Edinburgh. 

Looks like its probably going to be O'Neil or Robinson, and someone on their forum has said its O'Neil this week so we'll see. Wouldn't be too worried by him tbh, but I think he'll steer them well clear of 11th unfortunately 

Oda be a JT

Martindale 😉

Edited by Oda be a JT

martoon
5 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Not me! Scottish football needs that inflammatory ginger shit back like a hole in the head!

Agreed.

I hated when he was the Hibs manager/HC.

He added an entirely new level of poison to the rivalry that left a bad taste.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Apparently, Smithers told Cormack that the third biggest club title is given to those with the most managers,

Vlad put us well ahead in that game, so Cormack is getting through them like breakfasts.

Ricardo Quaresma
20 hours ago, Rockwell said:

What race there hasn't been a race in F1 for 18 years you mean who comes  2nd and 3 rd

FTFY

ford donald
10 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I think it's a cert to be Robinson tbh.

My feeling as well.

Japan Jambo
On 09/03/2024 at 14:53, Cameronstheman said:

IMG-5550.png

Was it the Nazi salute what done it?

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
21 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

My Aberdeen mate doesn't want McInnes because he plays hoofball, doesn't want Bob because he's boring,  doesn't want Lennon or O'Neil as they're " Tim *****" and doesn't want Neil as he's a hun cumt.

He liked Glass tho....

Unbelievable how some fans view football. 

McInnes or Bob instantly make them a top 4 side, but nope. 

**** knows what they want.

They deserve to be shite and go down.

Sounds like an aberdeen fan tbf. 

I was outside an aberdeen pub a few weeks ago talking to sheep fans and not letting on I was a jambo was saying shankland should definitely be on the plane to Germany. 

They all said no way, he's rubbish and a hun. 

Absolute cretins. 

5 hours ago, gordiegords said:

Michael o Neil I’m hearing.

Tam Cowan seemed to announce it on Off The Ball earlier today, said something about hearing it from a lot of people the deal was done. Having listened to bits of the Sportsound program Dick Gordon and Billy Dodds talking about the farce of Warnocks tenure but in terms of anyone coming in they never said any deal was done and barely mentioned who is next.

soonbe110
2 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Michael O’Neill is the strong tip in and around Aberdeen today

Pretty decent hire if true. Expensive though I’d imagine. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Pretty decent hire if true. Expensive though I’d imagine. 

3 failed managerial appointments will do that to you :lol: