Batistuta87

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I don't think Cormack has a scooby what he's doing. 

I dont think he has. I do think that any success Aberdeen have had since McInnes was sacked has been accidental. Last season they fell apart badly, then got the biggest luck ever when Robson somehow went on a big winning run and we decided to shoot ourselves in the foot. 

I also think he doesn't know to let those he appoints just do the job he asks them to with out butting in. The rumours is that is why Warnock wanted to go. Its also why I dont believe that the football consultant they brought in to rework how the club operates will work. They will do things as required but Cormack will still undermine everyone with his own ideas. 

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• Batistuta87

• Wee Mikey

Gorgierools
26 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Theres more :shockio:

IMG_1215.jpeg

Good bantz. As all the cool kids say

Dougie Masterton

Pants Shaton probably the biggest slaver on Twitter. 

50 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Think whoever ends up taking the job will leave the Aberdeen fans angry. I think they are thinking the next manager is going to be bigger than who it will be.

Though would say if Gordon Forrest was made their manager I would be amazed.

Yeah, I can't see this.

Forrest has no experience of managing a club and the last thing Cormack needs to do right now is appoint another untried manager.  He surely has to be looking for someone with some sort of pedigree in managing in the Premiership.  The fans will certainly be expecting this, and for him to appoint someone like Forrest would just be throwing further fuel onto the flames.

ToadKiller Dog
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

IMG_1215.jpeg

Clearly a piss take rather than a real rumour. 

McCulloch as director of football .

Or are they just holding for Robbie to return from across the water?.

Pans Jambo
10 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Clearly a piss take rather than a real rumour. 

McCulloch as director of football .

Or are they just holding for Robbie to return from across the water?.

Im sure it is but I’m just enjoying them

Being ridiculed. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

IMG_1215.jpeg

Make it happen.

At least their record v hibs will improve.

colinmorewasgash

What a dump pittodrie is any word on the fantasy palace at westfield. Still no manager seems strange they havent bothered must be Bob they are waiting for.

Golf-Road-Aberdeen-bw0nju64.jpg

Drone_-_Aberdeen_FC.jpg

aberdeen-fc-pittodrie-stadium-external-view-1428182868.jpg

AFC-Main-Stand-516x800-1.jpg

Seymour M Hersh
12 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I dont think he has. I do think that any success Aberdeen have had since McInnes was sacked has been accidental. Last season they fell apart badly, then got the biggest luck ever when Robson somehow went on a big winning run and we decided to shoot ourselves in the foot. 

I also think he doesn't know to let those he appoints just do the job he asks them to with out butting in. The rumours is that is why Warnock wanted to go. Its also why I dont believe that the football consultant they brought in to rework how the club operates will work. They will do things as required but Cormack will still undermine everyone with his own ideas. 

I hadn't realised Cormack was so Vlad like in his interference. Still, couldn't happen to a "nicer" team! 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

His name is

Aberdeen are getting a fairly easy ride press wise. They are an absolute shambles of a club.

The press would be lining up to put the boot into us without question.

jamboozy
6 minutes ago, His name is said:

Aberdeen are getting a fairly easy ride press wise. They are an absolute shambles of a club.

Aye, they love putting up the broken Hearts crest as a headline.:levein2:

If carlsberg did rivals...

Their best/only hope is to sell Miovski and get a sell on fee for Ferguson if he moves from Bologna. That money combined would pay for the stand behind the goal, leaving them with 2 crumbling stands to replace. It's not all doom and gloom 😂

Philfigo
1 hour ago, His name is said:

They sure are! Look at some of the shit we took off the media during the Romanov years. They are reaching some of the levels of that era and not a peep from the media. 

1 hour ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

Their best/only hope is to sell Miovski and get a sell on fee for Ferguson if he moves from Bologna. That money combined would pay for the stand behind the goal, leaving them with 2 crumbling stands to replace. It's not all doom and gloom 😂

I'd be surprised if that income covered a new stand, didn't our main stand cost £20m or so? 

RedStarRiot
1 hour ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

Hopefully Ferguson moves on loan with a few for the following season. Alternatively moved for free future down the line. 

5 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

I'd be surprised if that income covered a new stand, didn't our main stand cost £20m or so? 

It did, I was thinking more, what I'd call a basic stand, like our behind the goals stands, would maybe be £4-5m.

5 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

Hopefully Ferguson moves on loan with a few for the following season. Alternatively moved for free future down the line. 

Hopefully they get nowt from him moving on, what would any sell on fee be? Usually 15-20%, if so they'd maybe be looking at £2 or £3m.  A drop in the ocean when they need a new stadium or at least 3 new stands.

chester copperpot
On 28/03/2024 at 14:26, Zico said:

Nobody will want to work for Highland Vlad without a massive payoff built into the contract. 

This is an under valued comment.

Highland Vlad. Superb work sir 👏 

number-16
14 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

The more intersting line there for me is where he talks about being caretaker for as long as it takes.

I heard somewhere that part of the reason for bringing in a manager until the end of the season (Warnock) was that Leven didn't want to be in the post that long.

2 hours ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

They’re not paying for any stands by selling players. They’re spending more on wages and transfer fees in the hope they recoup the money spent and turn a small profit by selling players. They need to sell Miovski to keep the toaster plugged in! It’s a very risky strategy from  cry baby Cormack. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Aye, they love putting up the broken Hearts crest as a headline.:levein2:

It must be really hurting some in the media that there is no opportunity for that now. 

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, His name is said:

Aye , but the media are very hard to understand, strange lot.

Ricardo Quaresma
19 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Aye , but the media are very hard to understand, strange lot.

Where's the bhee bhee chee investigation documentary with 5h1tty american accents? 🤔

1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

I'm no expert, but I'd have thought between the increase in the cost of materials and labour in recent years, you'd probably be looking at quite a lot more than what our stand cost. I know that our main stand came in over budget, but I suspect we were actually quite lucky with the timing.

jamboozy
32 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It must be really hurting some in the media that there is no opportunity for that now. 

I can just imagine some hack sucking on his Crayolas as he stayed up late to work on that one.:laugh:

gregzy2k7

Gutted that they won at the weekend,

Was hoping for the sheep molestors to get dragged into that play off spot,

Oh well maybe next season,

Btw on a side note, what on earth were Ross County doing for the Aberdeen opener !!? An absolutely abysmal goal to concede.

So they have probably avoided getting into a battle for the the relegation play off spot, but they will still be bottom 6 with a top 4 playing budget. 

Japan Jambo
7 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Still no whisper of a new Shepherd being appointed???

perhaps they are short of money after Warnock fleeced them? Still you’d think they’d have penned in some fool by now.

Fxxx the SPFL
6 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

perhaps they are short of money after Warnock fleeced them? Still you’d think they’d have penned in some fool by now.

Cormack pulling the wool over the fans eyes

Armageddon

Imagine all this to appoint McInnes 😂 Like the Bobby Ewing shower scene.

The similarities with us when we went weeks and ended up going with the guy on the original interview panel 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Imagine all this to appoint McInnes 😂 Like the Bobby Ewing shower scene.

The similarities with us when we went weeks and ended up going with the guy on the original interview panel 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

When we eventually appointed Naismith I remember vaguely Hearts saying when they and Aberdeen had consulted each other there's not a lot of managers out there within our constraints. Found it weird at the time, buy just remembered it just now?

Gorgie_Rules

Watched the interview with Burrows and it was toe curling. Always thought he was credible from his time at Motherwell but it was a painful watch. Reading between the lines they were waiting on O’Neil to make his mind up and hes now turned them down.

Disconnect between what the fans expect and reality is huge. I suspect they’ll go for some left field appointment from a lower league abroad.

boag1874
22 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Watched the interview with Burrows and it was toe curling. Always thought he was credible from his time at Motherwell but it was a painful watch. Reading between the lines they were waiting on O’Neil to make his mind up and hes now turned them down.

Disconnect between what the fans expect and reality is huge. I suspect they’ll go for some left field appointment from a lower league abroad.

I feel for Burrows, Cormack clearly making his job far more difficult than it should be 

Nookie Bear

Nothing to suggest things will get any better for Aberdeen next season, no matter who they get in as manager.

Miovski will be away in the summer and there is little chance of replacing his goals.

Byyy The Light
7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Nothing to suggest things will get any better for Aberdeen next season, no matter who they get in as manager.

Miovski will be away in the summer and there is little chance of replacing his goals.

It’s great eh? Love it.

Thomaso
On 30/03/2024 at 11:15, stirlo said:

I'm no expert, but I'd have thought between the increase in the cost of materials and labour in recent years, you'd probably be looking at quite a lot more than what our stand cost. I know that our main stand came in over budget, but I suspect we were actually quite lucky with the timing.

Depends what they are building. Our £20m stand cost included not only a seated stand but the Plaza land, nursery, 5 corporate lounge/restaurant areas, club shop, fans bar, changing rooms, hybrid pitch.

Armageddon
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

He didn’t score for 8 games so he’s hardly this prolific £10M goal machine we keep hearing about.

kingantti1874
27 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

He didn’t score for 8 games so he’s hardly this prolific £10M goal machine we keep hearing about.

Agreed. Let me be very clear on this before people criticise me , he’s a good player without doubt I’d be delighted if he played for us.  but he’s scored 14 goals in 31 league games.  4 of which have been pens.  Nearly every other goal is a left footed effort.

now again, I’d take him - I’m just putting it in context.  He has some great attributes, young with room to get better, strong and pacy and can defo finish with that left foot.  Hold up play outside the box meh? Individually brilliant goals ? Nope! Headers? Meh !  None from what I recall.  Right footed efforts? Few if any.  

laughable to compare him with shanks tbh in any respect other than youthfulness and more room to improve.  No where near the same level of individual talent.  

£4m for a guy that scored 10 open play goals in the SPL.  All of the same style which would be completely negated in a better league?  Aberdeen will do well to get half that

Edited by kingantti1874

Must be desperate for the cash if they are hawking about 10 mill for Mivoski. 

I notice that the millions they were going to get for Duk have also dried up.

Aberdeen have made some good money in recent history from players but done zero with it and the player trading model is failing them and the fanbase are not happy( need to lean on them during the quiet spells)

Hibs should perhaps take note. 

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Rods said:

Must be desperate for the cash if they are hawking about 10 mill for Mivoski. 

I notice that the millions they were going to get for Duk have also dried up.

Aberdeen have made some good money in recent history from players but done zero with it and the player trading model is failing them and the fanbase are not happy( need to lean on them during the quiet spells)

Hibs should perhaps take note. 

They are desperate for Ferguson to be sold by Bologna in the summer so they can get the sell on money.

Agree with you though, you can sell players but if you are not seeing a benefit from it in how the team plays it's means little.

alex young hero

My guess is they have somebody lined up but they will not commit until they are guaranteed staying up.

Daveandal

There are only really 5 "domestic" options out there IMO.

1. Michael O'Neil - seems he has been approached and turned it down

2. Alex Neil - Appears to see his future in England 

3. Neil Lennon - f'ing hilarious 

4. Robbie Neilson - Fans wouldn't be happy and they seem to have missed the boat on him too as he is living it up State side.

5. Derek McInnes - The one I'd be most concerned about BUT given the history it's going to have to be some pay packet and apology to get him in.

We might be looking at an Ebbe Skovdahl mark II

gregzy2k7
20 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

There are only really 5 "domestic" options out there IMO.

1. Michael O'Neil - seems he has been approached and turned it down

2. Alex Neil - Appears to see his future in England 

3. Neil Lennon - f'ing hilarious 

4. Robbie Neilson - Fans wouldn't be happy and they seem to have missed the boat on him too as he is living it up State side.

5. Derek McInnes - The one I'd be most concerned about BUT given the history it's going to have to be some pay packet and apology to get him in.

We might be looking at an Ebbe Skovdahl mark II

It's quite funny isn't it,

What Aberdeen fans think Is a realistic managerial appointment and then the actual reality of a managerial appointment 🤣🤣🤣

The reality is Aberdeen are not an attractive gig at all,

Despite what davie cormack might tell ye,

I geniunely think the best they can do is Popcorn teeth, or a nobody from the German lower leagues, would be quite funny if Daniel Stendel ended up there.

Daveandal
5 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

It's quite funny isn't it,

What Aberdeen fans think Is a realistic managerial appointment and then the actual reality of a managerial appointment 🤣🤣🤣

The reality is Aberdeen are not an attractive gig at all,

Despite what davie cormack might tell ye,

I geniunely think the best they can do is Popcorn teeth, or a nobody from the German lower leagues, would be quite funny if Daniel Stendel ended up there.

I think you're right about Lennon. It has sacked next February written all over it.

I'd love to know who they have spoken to....

AC Mallin_51

To the tune of tragedy

It’s Aberdeen

when you’re out of date and your forms not great 

It’s Aberdeen 

you can’t fill your ground and your run by clowns 

It’s Aberdeen

where the fans shag sheep and the team gets beat

It’s hard to care, when Hearts are in Europe and you’re going nowhere 

I’ll get my coat 

Edited by AC Mallin_51