Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• Batistuta87

• Wee Mikey

FarmerTweedy
11 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Poor show.

Some posters on here have had a full frontal lobotomy and continue to contribute their insight and wisdom daily, if not hourly.

Oi! I resemble that remark!

Wee Mikey
5 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

For all the cod heids ❤️

Sublime. 👍

That is surely their unofficial club anthem?

Wee Mikey
5 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

For all the cod heids ❤️

Sublime. 👍

That is surely their unofficial club anthem?

2 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

Hearts getting 50/50 allocation for Scottish cup, Aberdeen no getting it

That's because we were wiling to agree to pay for any shortfall if we didn't fill our allocation, the sheep obviously not confident enough to make that commitment.

Wee Mikey
11 minutes ago, RobNox said:

That's because we were wiling to agree to pay for any shortfall if we didn't fill our allocation, the sheep obviously not confident enough to make that commitment.

Great call by us.

A decent selling strategy and we'll be looking for more (returned debentures etc.)

in any case, as pointed out previously, we'd get a proportion of the £s of any unsold tickets returned to us due to the splitting of income.

Having said that ... £40???

The blazers are milking it.

Harrumph!!!

10 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Great call by us.

A decent selling strategy and we'll be looking for more (returned debentures etc.)

in any case, as pointed out previously, we'd get a proportion of the £s of any unsold tickets returned to us due to the splitting of income.

Having said that ... £40???

The blazers are milking it.

Harrumph!!!

Absolutely, it's now down to our fans to take up our allocation in full and prove that we are worthy of an equal split.

I've no doubt we'll do that, which in turn means we should continue to get equal splits in these games going forward.  

henrysmithsgloves
55 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

So apt, I (accidentally) posted it twice.

🤣🤣

Wee Mikey

Hearts fans will respond in droves.

I, for one, will be at the head of the queue.

Hopefully, we'll not only sell out, but those attending will witness a famous victory.

Undoubtedly, we'll be up against it (VAR & onfield patsies etc.) but methinks that Naismith will have us well drilled as regards keepin' the heid.

We need to be on the case 100% for 90 mins plus.

Hat-trick for Shanks ...

... left foot, right foot, header ...

... and then a pen ...

... just to make it a perfect 4.

❤️❤️G❤️

Cameronstheman

If ever there was a time show our intentions its this game

I'm going plus 3 and  with 2 of my kids first biggy

As some  poster mentioned  prior, don't slowly drip feed the faithful ,no other clubs do when playing the OF filth 

Keep the momentum going from the off when the sales start please 

Edited by Cameronstheman

IveSeenTheLight
23 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

you seem to have a really really hard time with this. That there was no automatic relegation from the start  is irrelevant. You finished bottom.  

you cheated relegation

if there was no relegation from the start then how could we have cheated relegation?

anyway, did you guys deliberately lose today to keep us in the mix? Just kidding

whodanny
20 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

if there was no relegation from the start then how could we have cheated relegation?

anyway, did you guys deliberately lose today to keep us in the mix? Just kidding

You're as deluded as the rest of your flock, I'd dearly love to see your tawdry, tin pot club go down.

jbee647

Truth is Aberdeen have rode there luck for years now… a couple of decent seasons under McInnes doesn’t disguise the fact they have been abysmal for over 30 years 

And this current bunch are far worse than our squad of 2014 teenagers with -15 point deduction and the 2020 Covid demotion season,  time is running out for Aberdeen and it’s only a matter of time before they are relegated under Cormack.

Ricardo Quaresma

burrows bought a win, eh?

loan player next Season as part of the deal?

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Truth is Aberdeen have rode there luck for years now… a couple of decent seasons under McInnes doesn’t disguise the fact they have been abysmal for over 30 years 

And this current bunch are far worse than our squad of 2014 teenagers with -15 point deduction and the 2020 Covid demotion season,  time is running out for Aberdeen and it’s only a matter of time before they are relegated under Cormack.

Agree with a lot of that but it was more than a couple of decent seasons under McInnes, he had them 2nd 4 seasons in a row.  They made a huge mistake getting rid of him.  

Can’t see them getting relegated though and they won’t be as bad again next season.  This is their Levein / Stendel season. 

JamboGraham
2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Agree with a lot of that but it was more than a couple of decent seasons under McInnes, he had them 2nd 4 seasons in a row.  They made a huge mistake getting rid of him.  

Can’t see them getting relegated though and they won’t be as bad again next season.  This is their Levein / Stendel season. 

Agree that getting rid of McInnes was a mistake but on the 4 2nds in a row at least 2, arguably 3, get an asterisk beside them for me. The final one which was Rangers second season back deserved the most credit for me.

Appreciate you can only beat the teams in front of you but to get a sustained period in Scottish football where Hearts, Hibs and Rangers were all stumbling and mucking about in the lower leagues/rebuilding in the top flight at the same time was almost unimaginable in the context of Scottish football history.

For at least 2 of those seasons anything less than 2nd for Aberdeen would have been utter failure. 

5 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

Agree that getting rid of McInnes was a mistake but on the 4 2nds in a row at least 2, arguably 3, get an asterisk beside them for me. The final one which was Rangers second season back deserved the most credit for me.

Appreciate you can only beat the teams in front of you but to get a sustained period in Scottish football where Hearts, Hibs and Rangers were all stumbling and mucking about in the lower leagues/rebuilding in the top flight at the same time was almost unimaginable in the context of Scottish football history.

For at least 2 of those seasons anything less than 2nd for Aberdeen would have been utter failure. 

Totally agree with your opinion of their placings when typical major opposition was out of the picture, asterisk against it is a good description. But at the same time during McInnes tenure they were never struggling in the bottom half which they frequently do since he left.

Last season was a fluke, they got an out of character lucky run second half while Hearts had a slump, since McInnes left they're a yoyo side and a bit of a laughing stock as they cycle through manager after manager going nowhere.

The club who hounded out the man who gave them their best sustained run in years and who is now taking a provincial side to the heights, above them. On some level there has to be a feeling of wish we could get him back, if they asked if I were him I wouldn't give them the time of day.

I think McInnes is a better manager than many give him credit for. When he first went to the sheep he had them playing attractive attacking football, but that couldn't last forever.

When he went in he had a core of quality player, I can't remember them all but Ryan Jack is an example. Over a few years or so the quality disappeared either running down contracts like Jack or being sold. And that quality isn't replaced like for like.

McInnes ended up with a bunch who just didn't have the quality to play attractive football, but he was still able to organise them in such a way they were very hard to beat and frequently narrowly nicked games grinding out points. But if he had better players he would play a different game.

fabienleclerq
13 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Hopefully. 

kingantti1874
14 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

becuase 149 years of 150 finishing bottom resulted in relegation. Including a season when the season didn’t even finish. 

not sure on actual number of years but you get my drift.  

Edited by kingantti1874

• 2 weeks later...
Luckies1874

Guessing Graham Hunter isn't a fan of Neil Warnock

JDK2020

Sheep chairman Dave Cormack went on record saying he was "fed up sacking managers".

Maybe his new philosophy is : if I don't hire any more then I don't need to sack them. 

Deid Heid

Couldn't happen to a more deserving ovine flock, maybe they could get someone from "one man and his dog" to sheppard them in the right direction.

Pans Jambo
34 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

FB_IMG_1711628889868.jpg

Oh dear, what a shame, never mind.

Wee Mikey
Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Oh dear, what a shame, never mind.

... and so much for their guff about being 'well down the line' in seeking a new appointment upon Warnock's departure.

At this rate, they'll be seriously thinking about Wee Lee.

'Poisoned chalice' springs to mind.

They're gonna have to think long-term and suffer many travails in the meantime, methinks.

Fxxx the SPFL

Where is our resident mutton molester to provide an update on the manager merry go round

jbee647
58 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Nobody they want wants it, do they? 

:laugh:

It’s all a great laugh, but unfortunately it shows where we are in Scotland, every time a decent managerial job becomes available outwith the old firm , the same names are constantly regurgitated, decent coaches from abroad are not interested in working in Scotland, where the best they can hope to finish is third in a 2 team league, without sufficient funds available to change it

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

They need to be more realistic

Derek Adams is free 

Billy Davies too

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Midloth_Iain said:

Step forward Mark Fotheringham

If YOOOR nooo traininnn with intinsitae yoooll no be in ma teem 

Midloth_Iain
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

If YOOOR nooo traininnn with intinsitae yoooll no be in ma teem 

😅

wooly Dave is running out of options

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Midloth_Iain said:

😅

wooly Dave is running out of options

A great watch. 

Pans Jambo
30 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

... and so much for their guff about being 'well down the line' in seeking a new appointment upon Warnock's departure.

At this rate, they'll be seriously thinking about Wee Lee.

'Poisoned chalice' springs to mind.

They're gonna have to think long-term and suffer many travails in the meantime, methinks.

I must admit I am quite enjoying the unravelling at Eberdeen lately :biggrin: 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Todays interview sounds unconvincing. They seem to be pursuing someone, but not getting very far with compo or release. Names that are going round pretty constantly, Darren Ferguson, Uwe Rosler and Michael O'Neil. Alec Neil apparently not interested.

Gorgie_Rules

Reality is, for clubs like ourselves, Aberdeen, Hibs, there is a disconnect between the calibre of manager that the fanbase think they can attract to what is actually realistic. The Hearts board mentioned it at our most recent AGM that a discussion was had with the hierarchy at Aberdeen about it.

Fan pressure builds to remove managers thinking the grass is greener. When it comes down to it the budget of the clubs isn’t close to bringing in the type of manager the fanbase think they can attract. There are League 1 sides in England that can pay significantly more as an example.

Hearts haven’t made an exciting managerial appointment since the Romanov days (you could argue the Cathro/McPhee experiment was the most exciting at the time of appointment) yet we have done well to build consistency the last few seasons under Neilson and now Naismith.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

Wee Mikey
1 minute ago, droid said:

They'll end up with Lennon.

Or maybe this fella?

(There's a joke in there about square heids in round holes, but I'm too busy right now)

I'm imagining his pitch:-

"Gie's a job ... I could do that!"

Reference for our younger readers:-

Screenshot_20240328_135109_Gallery.jpg

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Reality is, for clubs like ourselves, Aberdeen, Hibs, there is a disconnect between the calibre of manager that the fanbase think they can attract to what is actually realistic. The Hearts board mentioned it at our most recent AGM that a discussion was had with the hierarchy at Aberdeen about it.

Fan pressure builds to remove managers thinking the grass is greener. When it comes down to it the budget of the clubs isn’t close to bringing in the type of manager the fanbase think they can attract. There are League 1 sides in England that can pay significantly more as an example.

Hearts haven’t made an exciting managerial appointment since the Romanov days (you could argue the Cathro/McPhee experiment was the most exciting at the time of appointment) yet we have done well to build consistency the last few seasons under Neilson and now Naismith.

I agree with this. The reality is Scottish football, with the limitations in finance that brings, with the inherent difficulty playing against the old firm and the SFA and the media.  It’s not an attractive place really.

Generally speaking we have to find a manager like we have with Naismith and help them on the way up.  Or we got for an older pair on hands on the way down, or people already caught up in the Scottish football marry go round

HopeDiouf
45 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

b25lY21zOmU0NjlhZDNlLWIwOWItNDFmNC04ODE0

only a naked Mark McGhee can save them  :)

Nobody will want to work for Highland Vlad without a massive payoff built into the contract. 

soonbe110
51 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Unfortunately it’s the same with the calibre of player as well. 

King Of The Cat Cafe

53 minutes ago, droid said:

They'll end up with Lennon.

If the answer is Neil Lennon, WTAF is the question?

gregzy2k7
2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

FB_IMG_1711628889868.jpg

I knew they would struggle, 

It's good to see,

Michael O'Neil, Alex Neil are not affordable for them, if they wouldn't come to us, there's no chance they are going to Aberdeen.

They will end up with some nobody from Germany/Austria imo.