Batistuta87

soonbe110
51 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Reality is, for clubs like ourselves, Aberdeen, Hibs, there is a disconnect between the calibre of manager that the fanbase think they can attract to what is actually realistic. The Hearts board mentioned it at our most recent AGM that a discussion was had with the hierarchy at Aberdeen about it.

Fan pressure builds to remove managers thinking the grass is greener. When it comes down to it the budget of the clubs isn’t close to bringing in the type of manager the fanbase think they can attract. There are League 1 sides in England that can pay significantly more as an example.

Hearts haven’t made an exciting managerial appointment since the Romanov days (you could argue the Cathro/McPhee experiment was the most exciting at the time of appointment) yet we have done well to build consistency the last few seasons under Neilson and now Naismith.

Unfortunately it’s the same with the calibre of player as well. 

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• Batistuta87

• Wee Mikey

King Of The Cat Cafe

53 minutes ago, droid said:

They'll end up with Lennon.

If the answer is Neil Lennon, WTAF is the question?

gregzy2k7
2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

FB_IMG_1711628889868.jpg

I knew they would struggle, 

It's good to see,

Michael O'Neil, Alex Neil are not affordable for them, if they wouldn't come to us, there's no chance they are going to Aberdeen.

They will end up with some nobody from Germany/Austria imo.

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

It's good to see,

Michael O'Neil, Alex Neil are not affordable for them, if they wouldn't come to us, there's no chance they are going to Aberdeen.

Hold out until the summer then appoint Bob.

Batistuta87
36 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

It's good to see,

That's ambitious. 

Reckon they'll go for Mark Fotheringham. 

TexasAndy
48 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

If the answer is Neil Lennon, WTAF is the question?

If the answer was Lennon then they are taking a hell of a time to get it done considering he's the one that's readily available.

Mikey1874

After the Warnock rumours that he left because of Dave Cormack interfering, could be a factor in a new manager wanting certain assurances. 

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

It's good to see,

It might not just come down to money. Where we can attract a manager that Aberdeen can't is looking at the overall structure of the club.  Not just the playing budget. 

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Hold out until the summer then appoint Bob.

He'd be decent for them in the short term. Steady the ship for a season.

Then their fans that are used to winning European trophies, (there must be a couple that can still remember,) would crack what they were watching.

The media reports and Warnocks assessment would suggest it’s a shitshow behind the scenes. Any potential manager of the calibre they’re looking for will be giving the place a wide berth. I still think there’s a high chance Neilson will end up there come the summer.

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Its Darren Ferguson they want

lol . Trying to relive history 

Batistuta87
18 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Its Darren Ferguson they want

That would be an interesting appointment. Doing well with Peterborough and will have his Da on speed dial. 

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

After the Warnock rumours that he left because of Dave Cormack interfering, could be a factor in a new manager wanting certain assurances. 

Thats a good point, Warnock is hardly the quiet type so you can imagine stories of interreference or any other negative side he found at Aberdeen would quickly spread. Meaning Aberdeen could be faced with getting managers who are desperate for a job or expect much more money to take on what could be a job with a lot of interreference on it.

At some point the white elephant of a stadium will need an upgrade.

Selling Mivoski is there last payday. When he goes they are going to be mediocre at best.

Pleasing to see them go backwards and in a mess. 

Tommy Brown
3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

That would be an interesting appointment. Doing well with Peterborough and will have his Da on speed dial. 

His 4th stunt at the Posh.

Really the only club he has had punching.

Seem to fit one another.

indianajones
1 hour ago, Rods said:

Selling Mivoski is there last payday. When he goes they are going to be mediocre at best.

Drove past it yesterday. It's really is a depressing looking shithole of a place. 

6 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Drove past it yesterday. It's really is a depressing looking shithole of a place. 

Not been to Pittodrie for years, it was a depressing place to go and watch a game back then. The only thing holding the decrepit place together must be the seagull and pigeon shit.

4 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

It might not just come down to money. Where we can attract a manager that Aberdeen can't is looking at the overall structure of the club.  Not just the playing budget. 

It's not the most modern workspace.

Armageddon
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

The one positive of the oil and financial crash is the Sheep’s stadium catastrophe 😂

Get it roond them!

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Can't remember much about the inside as its been ages since I was at a game there, but was outside recently and was genuinely surprised by how shitty and mockit it was. Looked like it hadn't been touched since the 80s. 

soonbe110
25 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Can't remember much about the inside as its been ages since I was at a game there, but was outside recently and was genuinely surprised by how shitty and mockit it was. Looked like it hadn't been touched since the 80s. 

Interior is even worse, certainly the away section.  Not much better than Cappielow. 

The Treasurer
16 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Warnock is a hugely experienced manager, so I'd be surprised if any potential candidate didn't have a word with him about what they would be letting themselves in for 

Jambo in Bathgate
10 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

It could be said that it’s the worst and dilapidated stadium in the SPL. They have let it become this way because of pie in the sky ideas about a new stadium. 

Ibrahim Tall
13 hours ago, Rods said:

Given they had a good 5 year period of us, Hibs and Rangers effectively in the shit via admin or relegations the massive opportunity they’ve managed to squander to secure ‘3rd’ pretty much permanently is insane, let alone be fighting against relegation with an extremely mediocre squad. 

Pleasing but ****ing mental

Dolf_lundgren

Jack Ross would be a good option for them, shouldn’t be too hard to get him out of a u21 job. 

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

It could be said that it’s the worst and dilapidated stadium in the SPL. They have let it become this way because of pie in the sky ideas about a new stadium. 

Dens Park must beat it.

Jambo in Bathgate
20 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Dens Park must beat it.

That’s true but not by much! 

deejtee
45 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Dens Park must beat it.

For the away supporters Pitoddrie is worse than dens by a distance

Batistuta87
11 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Interior is even worse, certainly the away section.  Not much better than Cappielow. 

I was going to say I've seen better looking Championship / L1, even Junior grounds. The amount of algae mould and moss growing on the outside gave me the boke. Was like an auld boot sale fish tank. 

1 hour ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

I'd agree with this. Was very surprised by the state of it. 

58 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Dens Park must beat it.

Honestly don't think it does. The buildings outside the stadium but still within the grounds of Pittodrie - I'm assuming offices, storage, something like that, are embarrassing. Looked like the old boiler houses you used to get in pre-war schools. Its an absolute shite hole. 

Mikey1874
2 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

No surprise the other is another where the owners want a new Stadium. Dens Park.

jbee647

Aberdeen have deferred doing anything about there dilapidated stadium for years

To be honest they are avoiding carrying out renovations in the hope there council will bail them out with a new stadium, that’s not happening 

I think we will still be having this conversation about Pittodrie in 20 years.

Jambo in Bathgate
18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No surprise the other is another where the owners want a new Stadium. Dens Park.

It must becoming close where the safety certificate must be in doubt for parts of the ground. While we built during Robinson’s tenure and then with Budge. Aberdeen let their ground stagnant. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

It must becoming close where the safety certificate must be in doubt for parts of the ground. While we built during Robinson’s tenure and then with Budge. Aberdeen let their ground stagnant. 

Their main stand is hugely inefficient and costs them close to a million every year. The Richard Donald Stand on the other hand is their gold mine, it was well designed and has tons of use day in day out

jamboinglasgow
54 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The Dundee owners are further along in getting a new stadium than Aberdeen as Dundee have submitted planning permission for their new stadium.

I would say I am still sceptical that they will build it as I do wonder where they would get the money to build it, even if they sell Dens park, and there seems to be some opposition to its location. Though I would like to see a new stadium as only thing going for Dens Park is the trivia about how close it is to Tannadice.

Carl Fredrickson

We were very fortunate that our revamp had the backing of the fans. There were two 500 clubs that put cash in up front (though we got our money back in vouchers plus some extra or used it against future season tickets) and then FoH and benefactors donations for the most recent stuff.

Do Aberdeen or Dundee have any schemes that allow fans to pay towards their new stadiums? How much are there owners having to put in just to cover costs from season to season? IIRC Aberdeen have made large losses in recent years without player trading. 

Both clubs could be faced with massive costs and I doubt there owners or potential benefactors will put in what is required. Banks no longer seem to be allowing Scottish teams to run up debts so I cant see how either can get the funding required. 

I appreciate the Dundee one has other parts to the development but due to the location there may not be granted planning permission without major works on the roads around the area. 

I am glad that we are where we are with our stadium and how our club is run. Hell mend both Dundee and Aberdeen for how both acted during covid. 

1 hour ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

8kwlmo.jpg

4 hours ago, deejtee said:

Agree 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, deejtee said:

Fair point, but overall dens looks far more run down.

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

We were very fortunate that our revamp had the backing of the fans. There were two 500 clubs that put cash in up front (though we got our money back in vouchers plus some extra or used it against future season tickets) and then FoH and benefactors donations for the most recent stuff.

Do Aberdeen or Dundee have any schemes that allow fans to pay towards their new stadiums? How much are there owners having to put in just to cover costs from season to season? IIRC Aberdeen have made large losses in recent years without player trading. 

Both clubs could be faced with massive costs and I doubt there owners or potential benefactors will put in what is required. Banks no longer seem to be allowing Scottish teams to run up debts so I cant see how either can get the funding required. 

I appreciate the Dundee one has other parts to the development but due to the location there may not be granted planning permission without major works on the roads around the area. 

I am glad that we are where we are with our stadium and how our club is run. Hell mend both Dundee and Aberdeen for how both acted during covid. 

Great post.

Scottish football is lacking from investment in stadia, I know a lot of the stadiums in Scotland are seen as having character but on every other front they are lacking. I think we must be the last club in Scotland to build at least a new stand let alone a new stadium (which must be St Mirren Park, opened in 2009.) You could say Meadowbank, though that is a small stand they added.

Ayr United are going to build a new stand but that is a small stand for supporters but more about facilities connected to it.

You do wonder how many clubs are facing bills for stadium that have too large, expensive to maintain and now providing much chance to utilise for further income. If there was some kind of fund of government money that could be used to help clubs rebuild (with stipulations on community use) that could always help. Of course the downside to rebuilding is that you could end up with something that is practical but look pretty boring compared to the uniqueness of the previous stands/stadium. See St Mirren Park, its a great stadium for St Mirren, fits their requirements but it is a pretty standard looking stadium. 

To be fair to Dundee, if they ever build their new stadium (a big if) then it does look at least a bit different.

1971fozzy
4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Fair point, but overall dens looks far more run down.

Not convinced (that monstrosity aside

1971fozzy
7 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Aberdeen will no way be able to afford to move. They will likely potter along as they do now and in a decade or so do a tin pot stand every 5 years. Their stadium is shocking and been neglected for decades now. The only sellable asset they have is Mivoski and he’s slowly being dragged down to the rest of his team mates level. I’d love it if they get beat tomorrow and end up in the play offs. And I’d fancy them to get beat as well

Edited by 1971fozzy

Seymour M Hersh
13 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

:rofl:

IMG_1214.jpeg

Jesus H Christ the mutton molesters really think they're something special.

Cameronstheman

Aberdeen have been getting a new state of the art stadium for at least 15yr, utter dug shite and i dare say it will be the same in another 15yr, GIRFUT :clyay:

Edited by Cameronstheman

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Jesus H Christ the mutton molesters really think they're something special.

Think whoever ends up taking the job will leave the Aberdeen fans angry. I think they are thinking the next manager is going to be bigger than who it will be.

Though would say if Gordon Forrest was made their manager I would be amazed.